Recent changes and reminders - Feb 2013

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Recent changes and reminders - Feb 2013

Postby Tess » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Hey everyone :) I just had a few things to share so I thought I'd put them all into one announcement.

Tuike is retiring from her General Helper position. Tuike joined the team in 2011 and has been not only helping out CS players, but also has helped out her fellow General Helpers when the 'newbies' joined the team last year. She's provided a lot of friendly support and answered countless questions for people over the past couple of years, and we'll miss having her on our team. She'll stick around as a regular member, so we don't have to say goodbye, but just share our thanks for the help she's given CS over the past few years :)

It's sad to be announcing yet another retirement, but I guess 2013 is a year of change, and the gaps in the team page will make room for fresh new staff to join us :) keep an eye on the announcements for new staff applications to open up.

Sending an unfair trade is not the same thing as "Scamming".

We've received many reports where players are accusing each other of "scamming" for sending an unfair trade offer.

Players are not required to make all their trade offers 'fair'. Players are not required to let you know if their trade offer is fair or if it is a bad deal for you. It is perfectly fine for players to send/accept an unfair trade offer, or to disagree about the value of a pet. Players can set any price they want on their pet, and if they are asking for Rares in return for their Commons then that is their right to do so. It's not considered a "scam" if a player simply sends an offer which doesn't seem fair to you.

We define a "Scam" as a situation where a player is trying to convince you to accept a trade by lying or deliberately misleading or deceiving you about the value/type of pets involved or the fairness/outcomes of the trade. For example: If someone sends you a trade containing a Common cat from last month and tells you that it is about to become Very Rare, that is a scam, because they are obviously lying. If someone sends a trade asking for pets and promising that they'll send you something later, but then never give you what they promised, that is a scam because they lied to you. Please contact staff if you think you've been the victim of a scam.

It is not a "scam" if a player just sends something that you think is unfair, and it's not a scam if a player argues with you about something being fair if they really believe what they're saying. If you think another player just sends bad trade offers or knows nothing about pet value, just add them to your Foe List to prevent them from trading with you again. It's not worth fighting over a trade disagreement, and not everyone is really trying to rip you off. I'll remind again that we can't reverse a trade for you just because you changed your mind after accepting it - even if it was unfair.

A pet's value is not set in stone. Our pets have a rarity score which is based on a calculation of how many of them exist on active user accounts. But since we only have a few rarity labels, a lot of pets get the same label even if they are slightly more or less rare than each other, so people consider other factors to determine its trading value. The same pet may be valued differently by different players depending on factors like its appearance, release date, rarity label, desirability, or species. Because the pet value is largely decided by the community rather than an official rating by the site, players often disagree with each other about the value of one pet versus another, and it's up to you guys to decide if a trade offer is a good offer for you or not.

The CS help email is being closed down so all help requests should be sent to our "help ticket" system.
We used to maintain an email account so that people could email us if they had problems or questions about CS. For privacy reasons, only a few staff had access to that account, so it was swamped with requests that we weren't able to answer. It is much easier and more efficient for us to handle these messages in our own help system instead, so we're closing down the email account. If you had saved 'help@chickensmoothie.com' in your address book, please be aware that we're no longer reading emails sent to that address, you will just get an auto response asking you to use our help system.

If you need to contact staff about a CS question or problem please send us your questions here:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/help/gethelp

You can send us a help request even if you're not logged in, so you can use this page even if you've forgotten your password or have trouble accessing your account.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recent changes and reminders - Feb 2013

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Thanks for the clarification Tess c: This was needed.

And Tui :< You'll be missed<3
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Sorry to see you go Tuike.

Nice one Tess on the trade part. I think people do tend to take trading a little too seriously and need to realise that everyone likes different things which can alter the value of a pet.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sepia » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Thanks for the clarification Tess, and sad to see you leave Tuike!
Sepia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sweet Release » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Awhhh Tui <33 enjoy your retirement lol ^.^

Great post about definition of scamming, hope a lot of people will read this carefully and understand ^.^
Sweet Release

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fakeviolinz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Thank you for the clarification, Tess. It was really needed. C: I've been told in the past that I was scamming because of an 'unfair' trade, so this was badly needed, as the other users have said. cx And, it's sad to see Tuike leave the general helpers, but I'm glad to see she'll stay on the site as a normal, fully-fledged user. C: Thanks for the updates again, Tess. cx c:
spencer - they/them - lover of rats and bugs
pfp drawn by my gf @maddoxdragon_ on ig ♡
fakeviolinz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solfeggio » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Uwaa Tuike! I'll miss you on the staff! But if you're still gonna be on CS it's still awesome ;u; I'll just miss your awesome pink name ;u;

Thanks also for the clarifications Tess! <33
And the backgrounds! CS just keeps getting awesomer <33
when first i appear i seem mysterious
but when explained i'm nothing serious

{ characters · art shop }
Solfeggio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liirarwen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 pm

*JACKAL* wrote:I think people do tend to take trading a little too seriously and need to realise that everyone likes different things which can alter the value of a pet.

Was just about to post something along these lines, but you seem to have covered it very nicely x3

Thanks for the reminders Tess!

And I'm very sorry to see Tuike go; I hope we'll still be seeing a lot of her (and her beautiful work on the oekaki) around!

Image Image Image
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

· {
Art Shop | Ask me | Quiz } ·
Liirarwen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naira » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:02 pm

Sorry to see Tuike retiring, she helped us a lot.

And thanks for the information Tess. <333

If you need help with something on CS, you can use the help system OR ask me!

TradesCharactersNew dAArt Shop{closed}GRP Club!Helpful Guide
Naira wrote:I am a very friendly person, and I don't mind random PM's. I am a RolePlayer and a big Fantasy Art Fan, who loves animals! (And loves Disney villains)
Skully Custom Art, By Fitch <3...Custom Skully, by TheCalicoTabby
Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Thanks for all you've done tuike C:

And wow, I'm surprised that people are reporting unfair trades as scamming o.O that's kinda... Well, I don't see the logic there lol it's just an unfair trade o.O

On phone my since apologies for awkwardness
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me