♠ Zoids Fan Club ♠

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

♠ Zoids Fan Club ♠

Postby Sunfang » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Welcome to the ZOIDS (Zoids) fanclub!

What is a ZOID?
A ZOID is a semi-sentient animal robot that is used in battle competitions much like with other mecha cartoons. The story takes place on the planet Zi (which seems to always be at war). ZOIDS is a animal gundam model line from Japan originating in 1982. ZOIDS started off has model kits for build your own mech and grew into comics, cartoon (anime) shows, trading cards, and even video games starting on the Commodore 64!
ZOIDS has four seasons, the most recognized of all ZOIDS are Liger Zero from season two.
And Blade Liger.

ZOIDS also has a few video games released outside of Japan, this list doesn't include the Commodore 64 game.

ZOIDS: Battle Legends for the GameCube, a relatively rare yet fun game where you actually play has the ZOID. You can customize your ZOID with different weapons, and the weapons/upgrades will effect gameplay. Heavy weapons can bring your ZOID to a crawl, while lighter weapons allow for more speed. There are 60 ZOIDS to unlock. It differs from most other ZOID games in the sense you are/are controlling the ZOID instead of the 'select and watch' usual ZOID game method. It has decent graphics, but sound is terrible and lacking. It has two player, and two playing modes (mission and story). You can collect and unlock ZOIDS, weapons, and other accessories. In my opinion, if you like playing has animals on video games, this might be a good game for you. The best part? GameCube games can play on the Wii so long has you have a GameCube controller and Wii SD Memory Card (for saving the game).

ZOIDS: Assault for the XOBOX 360. It follows the usually 'select attack and watch it play out' (aka battle strategy) method of ZOID games. Like other ZOID games, you can unlock new ZOIDS, buy new weapons and armor, and ZOIDS Assault even lets you choose the color of your ZOID. It has stunning graphics when compared to the other ZOID games, but is actually not too great when inspected. Even if you love strategy games, ZOIDS Assault can be tedious and boring. It lacks heavily in gameplay. No side missions, side events, or even extra tasks, and there's not even a multiplayer. With only 15 missions to do, this game is short. This isn't to say it doesn't have its charm. It's a ZOIDS war game, and turn base strategy game like most other ZOID games.

ZOIDS: Legacy for the GameBoy Advance. ZOIDS Legacy is actually a pretty decent game. Usually when people think 'GBA', they don't think of the most amazing graphics. But Legacy ZOIDS actually have time and detail put into them to make the beautiful and unique. It is an RPG game combined with the turn-based strategy battles seen often in ZOID games. Battles can be tedious at times. Like on the Pokemon series, you can run into enemies when moving about the country, and there's no repel. ZOIDS are customizable to the point you can change their weapons. You can have a number of people on your team, and you can even collect ZOIDS.

There are many ZOIDS games only released in Japan. Many of the DS ZOIDS games have beautiful ZOIDS. It's a shame there's only a couple of ways to play them. ZOIDS: Saga DS is one of the better Japanese ZOIDS games, it works much like ZOIDS: Legacy.

ZOIDS PICS

Blue Shadow Fox (from ZOIDS: Legacy)

Lightning Saix

Konig Wolf

Phoenix Liger

Rev Raptor

Battle Legends picture featuring Aero Liger.

ImageImage
Assault picture featuring two attacking Command Wolves.

Legacy, featuring an attacking Saber Lion.

Legacy, featuring an attacking Zaber Tiger.

Legacy, featuring five ZOIDS and some weapons for customization.

Members
1. Sunfang (5091)
2. Odhran
3. Tibetador
4. KittyCatKita
and so on...

There aren't really any rules. ZOIDS chat only, be it your favorite ZOIDS, posting ZOID pics, anime/manga talk, talking about battle strategies, etc etc etc.
Last edited by Sunfang on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Sunfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♠ ZOIDS Fanclub ♠

Postby Sunfang » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:21 pm

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sunfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Zoids VS 3 info & Screenshots

Postby Sunfang » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:50 pm

There aren't many of Zoids VS 3, and it's a lot better then Zoids VS 2/1 (Zoids VS 2 = Battle Legends in the US), so I figured I'd post some of mine.

There are just of missions and the Zoids.
I don't think I'll be posting my custom Zoids on the game. xD''

This is for the Gamecube, Japanese region (NTSC-J). You'd need an American region (NTSC) model DOL-001 Gamecube to run a swap disk/action replay or a switch modded Gamecube (I've got the switch modded one).
You can also just get a Japanese Gamecube, but those are still rather expensive.

WARNING: Do NOT save a Japanese game on a memory card you have US or PAL saves on. Each region saves in a different format, if it detects you memory card is in the US or PAL format, it will automatically format your memory card in order to save the game. You can avoid this by buying a memory card for storing only Japanese games saves on. c:

The game itself will set you back 60 - 80 bucks.

Playability: If you have no knowledge of Japanese, this game is amazingly easy to understand. The only thing you get left out on is the story in mission mode. But...you're not missing much really. There's an option a few missions in to join either the Blue Unicorns or...the Red Tigers(?) and each have different ending missions, but you need to play through the game on both sides in order to unlock everything in mission mode. Most everything else is in English. The title screen, weapon names, subparts, options, etc. The Zoid names are in Japanese, but it's easy to tell what the Zoid is. xD

Ultra Z's: The Ultra Z subparts in the game are now unlockable. How? Play through mission mode (one playthrough will be alright) AND WIN EVERY BATTLE WITH THE RANK "S". It's worth it, but difficult.

This game is, of course, about yet another war because the folks of Zi are always at war, or having trouble with rifts in space.

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Sunfang on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Sunfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Zoids Full Metal Crash info & screenshots

Postby Sunfang » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:23 am

Like above, this is for the Japanese Gamecube. Also like above, I will be posting my own screenshots.

This is unlike other Zoids games. Picture Mortal Kombat, minus the gore, and instead of people there are Zoids. This is a very fast paced game, but I've played it very little.
This game will set you back 15 - 30 bucks.

Playability: If you have no knowledge in the Japanese language, you might as well not get this game. I have no knowledge of Japanese, but I bought it thinking it would be like the Verses games (language wise). This game is almost 100% Japanese. Oddly, all Zoids names are in English. No doubt with patience this game will be easy to follow.
The gameplay itself is very colourful, and there are tons of new zoids to play as. What really sold me on it was the Murasame Liger.
Last edited by Sunfang on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sunfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♠ Zoids Fan Club ♠

Postby Sunfang » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:56 am

Bump.
Sunfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunfang » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:04 am

Bump
Sunfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunfang » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:50 am

Bump.
Sunfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tibetador » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:42 am

ADD ME PLZ. I love Zoids @______@
Tibetador

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hellagia » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:54 pm

YES. Zoids FOREVER!
so saith the one wearing a Guylos Empire T-shirt and has the Backdraft insignia tattooed on her finger. XD (Sue me, Vertigo was having their half-price sale, I couldn't resist.)

CanIjoin? :D
Last edited by Hellagia on Mon November 9, 66174026 BCE 12:01 AM, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Look, a shooting star! Make a wish. Wait, why is it getting bigger.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hellagia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunfang » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Bump for justice. (and because I pretty much neglected this poor club)

Thanks for the joins!

None too many ZOIDs fans.

Playing Zoid's Battle Legends on my Wii right now. Hard game is all I can say. Haven't played it in a while, can't even beat level two.
Crappy team AI + 6 enemies with missile launchers is crazy. Atak Kat is not proud.
Sunfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me