★ horror fanclub ★ v1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

★ horror fanclub ★ v1

Postby yves » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:23 am

HORROR FANCLUB

This club is co-owned by Fali and Sapphic.

Hello there, and welcome! This is a new fanclub on CS dedicated to those who love and
appreciate the horror genre in the media. This might include but isn't limited to movies,
TV shows, books and games. This club is for the benefit of meeting others with the same
interest, and to share our appreciation for the horror genre! Here, you're free to discuss
your thoughts on the genre as a whole, or particular films/shows/books/games. This also
includes reviews, as long as they're kept spoiler-free (see rule #8)!

x

CLUB RULES

1. It is required to follow Chicken Smoothie's rules at all time.
2. This club is solely for the appreciation for the horror genre. In accordance to the rules on
CS, please do not describe or share media of gory scenes.
3. Be respectful to everyone at all times. Don't berate others for liking media you personally
find "bad". Everything is subjective, really, and we all deserve our own opinions. That being said,
however, anyone can be critical of anything as long as they're respectful and not bashing those
who do like it (e.g. having a least favourite film because it's not to your taste).
4. Please don't spam this thread (this includes "bumping" or posting multiple times in a row).
5. Sharing original work such as fics, art, gifs etc. are allowed as long as they follow the CS rules!
6. Try your best to use correct grammar and avoid chatspeak where possible, as I want to make
this club accessible to all, including people whose first language isn't English. On this topic, please
don't use fonts from generators! People who use screen readers can't pick up what these fonts say.
7. The sign-up form (below) is highly encouraged to be filled in; this is simply a way of getting
know everyone and being added to the members list! I'm not going to stop people from partaking
in discussions if they don't wish to complete the form, however, because that isn't fair.
8. To be kind to new horror fans (or in general, anyone) please embed any spoilers in transparent,
invisible text and clearly labelling what the spoiler warning is for, for example: "Scream 4 (2011)
spoilers [color = transparent]SPOILER[/color]"
, without the spaces.
9. Please don't mini-mod this thread, unless you are myself or Fali, or you're on the CS staff team.
10. Try to include everyone in the discussions and have as much fun as possible!
11. Don't worry about activity; feel free to partake in this club whenever you wish to share your
thoughts about the current topic. It would be really nice to stay active, but I'm not going to dicate
a certain activity level to remain in this club!
12. The gifs used are from the movie Scream (1996) and were made by jynsandors on Tumblr.

x

SIGN-UP FORM

The sign-up form below is simply for other horror fans to get to know you, and what you like within
the genre! This is not a compulsory requirement to partake in the thread; it's only necessary if you wish
to be added to the list of members. See rule #7.

Code: Select all
[list][list][size=85]
[b]CS username:[/b] [url=profile page link]Username here[/url]
[b]Nickname and pronouns:[/b]
[b]How long have you been a horror fan?:[/b]
[b]What was your first piece of media in the genre?:[/b]
[b]What media to you like best (film, television, literature or game)?:[/b]
[b]Favourite horror media:[/b]
[b]Least favourite horror media:[/b]
[b]Favourite horror character(s):[/b]
[b]Favourite horror actor(s):[/b]
[b]What do you like about the horror genre?:[/b][/size][/list][/list]

yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

★ horror fanclub ★ members

Postby yves » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:23 am

OFFICIAL MEMBERS LIST

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rhi | CO-OWNER

Link | MEMBER

Nickname | MEMBER
Fali | CO-OWNER

Nickname | MEMBER

Nickname | MEMBER
Starlord | MEMBER

Nickname | MEMBER

Nickname | MEMBER
Joseph | MEMBER

Nickname | MEMBER

Nickname | MEMBER
Ari | MEMBER

Nickname | MEMBER

Nickname | MEMBER
Last edited by yves on Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

★ horror fanclub ★ reserved

Postby yves » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:25 am

possibly for the history of the horror genre?
      we'll see
      it might take a lot of researching
      but we'll see
yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

★ horror fanclub ★ reserved

Postby yves » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:26 am

saved
      recently released horror films, as well as upcoming films
      i'll potentially include tv shows too if there are any
yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

★ horror fanclub ★ about rhi

Postby yves » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:27 am

time to completely and utterly overshare

CS username: sapphic
      Nickname and pronouns: Call me Rhi; my pronouns are she/her and they/them.
      How long have you been a horror fan?: I'm a very new horror fan — I only became indulged in the genre in 2020 after my girlfriend encouraged me. <3
      What was your first piece of media in the genre?: If we include the first thing I properly liked, then I'd say MTV's Scream TV series, which I watched in 2017. Carrie (2013) was the first horror film I remember watching.
      What media to you like best (film, television, literature or game)?: Film (prominently) and TV, although I would like to become more acquainted with horror/Gothic themes in literature! More specifically, I love the subgenres of slasher and horror-comedy.
      Favourite horror media: The Scream franchise, A Nightmare on Elm Street, the Child's Play franchise, the Final Destination franchise and House of Wax (2005). I also have a recent fixation on the Christmas-horror-musical-comedy Anna and the Apocalypse! For TV series, I love The Haunting of Bly Manor.
      Least favourite horror media: The Texas Chainsaw Masscare (1974) just did not vibe with me personally.
      Favourite horror character(s): As someone with a bias for the slasher subgenre, my favourite characters are predominantly final girls: Sidney Prescott, Julie James, Nancy Thompson, Helen Shivers, Dani Clayton, Tree Gelbman, Bonnie Harper and Kyle (Child's Play 2). Maggie from Ma gets a special mention because I somehow fell in love with her character while not necessarily liking th film in the bigger picture.
      Favourite horror actor(s): Going from the top of my head: Neve Campbell, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Samara Weaving!
      What do you like about the horror genre?: I really love how creative this genre can get in terms of how deaths, storylines and concepts are executed, all while knowing it's all fictional no matter how intense it gets. Some of my favourite concepts that have been played around with are Child's Play, Final Destination and House of Wax (2005)! I also strangely enjoy the thrill and anticipation.
Last edited by yves on Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ horror fanclub ★ about fali

Postby fali. » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:14 am

CS username: fali.
      Nickname and pronouns: fali - she/her or they/them is fine by me!
      How long have you been a horror fan?: i've loved the horror genre since around 2011/2012? i always watched video essays & top ten lists based around famous horror movies. i watched my first horror movie in 2013 w/ the purge. however, i only managed to consume horror media (films specifically) more consistently in 2019.
      What was your first piece of media in the genre?: the movie the purge in 2013
      What media to you like best (film, television, literature or game)?: film & tv, though i do enjoy horror books and games too!
      Favourite horror media: i know what you did last summer and a nightmare on elm street franchises
      Least favourite horror media: i'm not really sure, i enjoy the majority of horror media in one way or another. the babysitter, maybe? i love samara but that’s all i love about it.
      Favourite horror character(s): julie james, helen shivers, tree gelbman, nancy thompson, melanie cross, dani clayton.
      Favourite horror actor(s): samara weaving for definite.
      What do you like about the horror genre?: i enjoy seeing the creative concepts and unique executions of films. some horror films have also had a large impact on cinema like jaws and alien. i also enjoy seeing the different characters—even if a lot of them can be bland, there are some unique characters i enjoy.
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ horror fanclub ★ v1

Postby PastelDog » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:19 pm

CS username: XxStarlordxX
      Nickname and pronouns: Star, Lord or Starlord. I use any pronouns!
      How long have you been a horror fan?: I've been a horror fan for 10 years now (11 years on May 23rd)!
      What was your first piece of media in the genre?: Stephen King (like I frickin love him <3!!!)
      What media to you like best (film, television, literature or game)?: Films & books
      Favourite horror media: It by Stephen King
      Least favourite horror media: Scream series & Scary Movie series (I, myself, cannot stand the high pitch screaming. It irritates me so bad lol)
      Favourite horror character(s): Van Helsing (Van Helsing 2004), Pennywise The Dancing Clown (It by Stephen King)
      Favourite horror actor(s): Not really sure, as I forget the actors names :'( )
      What do you like about the horror genre?: I've been fascinated with the dark side wave since I was born.
free art
Adopts Shop
OC Sale
• [url=link]Art Shop[/url]
Trading
UMA Storage
LOLO Stories
PastelDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fali. » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:07 am

hey! i've heard good things about IT actually, i've always been meaning to watch the 2017/2019 adaption! c:

i'm starting to properly get introduced to stephen king’s works, watched the shining the other day and loved it! i enjoy slashers but psychological aspects to horror tend to actually unsettle me more tbh.
→ fali

→ adult

my sweet ♡

letterboxd

writing storage

horror fanclub

→ female ; she/her - they/them
——————————————————————
we used to be a lot of things
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PastelDog » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:19 pm

fali. wrote:hey! i've heard good things about IT actually, i've always been meaning to watch the 2017/2019 adaption! c:

i'm starting to properly get introduced to stephen king’s works, watched the shining the other day and loved it! i enjoy slashers but psychological aspects to horror tend to actually unsettle me more tbh.

That's awesome!!! The Shining was really good and had lots of twists in the movie & book, my favorite part is when he says, "heres Johnny!!" :lol: Did you know what he got was actually cabin fever? What that means is the following:
irritability, listlessness, and similar symptoms resulting from long confinement or isolation indoors during the winter.
It's actually quite common to those in the colder parts of the world or are stuck in the mountains and cannot have face-to-face contact with many people. Its human nature to interact as much as possible with each other. Just a little fun fact about that movie!
free art
Adopts Shop
OC Sale
• [url=link]Art Shop[/url]
Trading
UMA Storage
LOLO Stories
PastelDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koby the Hero » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:37 pm

CS username: Georgie Denbrough
      Nickname and pronouns: Kitty/Joseph/Akuji/Georgie, He/him, they/them, it/its, purr/purrs
      How long have you been a horror fan?: Probably around 7-8 years!
      What was your first piece of media in the genre?: The original nightmare on elm street
      What media to you like best (film, television, literature or game)?: I like all of them tbh, but mainly games and movies, dyslexia isn’t too kind to me
      Favourite horror media: Any Stephan king book, any of them. (Mainly IT, the shining, and Stand By Me)
      Least favourite horror media: The scream movies, it got old after the second one
      Favourite horror character(s): Pennywise or Georgie obviously lol
      Favourite horror actor(s): I can never remember actors names, I’ll come back to this one!
      What do you like about the horror genre?: I really like the creativity of it! Books are amazing to get into detail with while the screen can bring that to life and play it out for people. The dark side of it is amazing to me, I’ve always been a little bit weird to that side as I liked it from a young age. I think the first time I ever had my hands in a Stephan King book and actually read some of it was when I was in 4th-5th grade? This isn’t the time I got into the horror phase though, no that happened a few years later.
x
🌼 angelthey/it/he 🌼
🌼 osdd sys 🌼
🌼 koby is my fav!! 🌼
🌼 © 🌼

🦦 collecting otters!
🏴‍☠️ account ran by an alter
⚓️ not v active; can ask for discord

🌼 chibi credits! 🌼
Koby the Hero

My pets
My items