★ horror fanclub ★ v1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ★ horror fanclub ★ v1

Postby fali. » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:39 am

XxStarlordxX wrote:That's awesome!!! The Shining was really good and had lots of twists in the movie & book, my favorite part is when he says, "heres Johnny!!" :lol: Did you know what he got was actually cabin fever? What that means is the following:
irritability, listlessness, and similar symptoms resulting from long confinement or isolation indoors during the winter.
It's actually quite common to those in the colder parts of the world or are stuck in the mountains and cannot have face-to-face contact with many people. Its human nature to interact as much as possible with each other. Just a little fun fact about that movie!

ah yes, i read something about that! suppose a lot of people would be feeling something similar to cabin fever with the current situation too! it's a chilling (haha) film to watch, so it's so neat to see something like that come into play.

also, welcome kitty! c: the original "a nightmare on elm street" was the first horror film i watched in 2019 actually--it kickstarted my horror obsession to the maximum!

i've also been watching the final destination series recently--i never expected to enjoy it but it's a lot of fun!
→ fali

→ adult

my sweet ♡

letterboxd

writing storage

horror fanclub

→ female ; she/her - they/them
——————————————————————
we used to be a lot of things
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koby the Hero » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:55 am

fali. wrote:also, welcome kitty! c: the original "a nightmare on elm street" was the first horror film i watched in 2019 actually--it kickstarted my horror obsession to the maximum!

i've also been watching the final destination series recently--i never expected to enjoy it but it's a lot of fun![/i][/size]

Oh yeah totally! Nightmare on elm street was a lot of fun to watch when I was younger, my dad put it on for me one day and I just watched and it clicked inside of be about my love for horror now lol

Also the final destination series is one of my absolute FAVORITES! I love how it can make everyday situations into horror scenes! I haven’t watched all of them yet but from the ones I’ve watched they’re amazing! Definitely heightened my fear of elevators though haha
x
🌼 angelthey/it/he 🌼
🌼 osdd sys 🌼
🌼 koby is my fav!! 🌼
🌼 © 🌼

🦦 collecting otters!
🏴‍☠️ account ran by an alter
⚓️ not v active; can ask for discord

🌼 chibi credits! 🌼
Koby the Hero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brienne of Tarth » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:18 pm

CS username: Witchy Ari
      Nickname and pronouns: Ari, she/her
      How long have you been a horror fan?: 10 years
      What was your first piece of media in the genre?: jeepers creepers
      What media do you like best (film, television, literature or game)?: film, but I have a huge soft spot for horror games (though it's almost impossible to find any that are actually good; there's 3 I enjoy)
      Favourite horror media: Beetlejuice, The Silence Of The Lambs, A Nightmare On Elm Street franchise, Friday The 13th franchise, The Craft, The Love Witch, Final Destination franchise, Carrie (the original, not the terrible remakes), Chucky franchise, American Horror Story series, Jeepers Creepers franchise, etc (there's a lot more, but I'm blanking a bit lol)
      Least favourite horror media:too many to name.... I hate when they combine horror with another genre (romance, comedy, etc) - the only exception is the 'Scary Movie' franchise and Beetlejuice
      Favourite horror character(s): Carrie, Nancy Downs, Lydia Deetz
      Favourite horror actor(s): Winona Ryder (I don't really care to keep up with actors, except for Sarah Paulson)
      What do you like about the horror genre?: I like that adrenaline rush; when the movie has you sitting on the edge of your seat, and when it's so scary it makes you not want to sleep. Nowadays, I feel like they rarely make a good horror movie. Sure, they make some okay shows, but the movies I've seen lately have all been so bad.. imo it seems like the hardest genre to do, but if you have a good payout then it just makes it even better.

just to add on about "The Love Witch"; if you don't like movies that mock bad 50s-70s acting then this movie is not for you! However, I understood completely what the director was going for, and I loved it! It's my favorite movie (besides The Valley Of The Dolls, though not horror), and I just recently purchased a poster of it (:
━━━━━━━━━━ S  H  E     P  A  I  N  T  E  D     P  I  C  T  U  R  E  S

╒═════════════╕
♥b i o   2♥
ari, adult, she/they
Toyhou.se
Devianart
S/T Char Thread!

╘═════════════╛

╒═════════════╕
♥b i o   1♥
first oekaki feature
aug. 17th, 22
collecting all deer
here!

╘═════════════╛
T   Y   I   N   G
S T R I N G S
T O   A  
━━━
S  E  W  I  N  G
B U T T O N S
T O  
━━━━━

╒═══════════════════════╕
l i n k s - - -
TRADE | img img img img/code

╘═══════════════════════╛
Brienne of Tarth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fali. » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:09 am

Georgie Denbrough wrote:Also the final destination series is one of my absolute FAVORITES! I love how it can make everyday situations into horror scenes! I haven’t watched all of them yet but from the ones I’ve watched they’re amazing! Definitely heightened my fear of elevators though haha

it's safe to say that after the log scene in final destination 2 that i have a lot of new irrational fears thanks to it! i only have to watch the fifth one now, excited to finish it!

also, welcome ari! c: the love witch sounds very interesting actually, i'll have to check it out! honestly, i love the bad acting of older films so it sounds right up my alley.

i plan to finish the saw films sometime soon! i love the first one but haven't continued the franchise yet.
→ fali

→ adult

my sweet ♡

letterboxd

writing storage

horror fanclub

——————————————————————
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby haikaveh » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:29 pm

CS username: zhongluc
      Nickname and pronouns: feel free to call me link, and please use they/them or he/him pronouns for me!
      How long have you been a horror fan?: i'm still relatively new to the genre in terms of how much media i've seen/read but i've been a casual fan for maybe 7 years?
      What was your first piece of media in the genre?: sometimes i forget cw's supernatural is supposed to be horror. i suppose that was my introduction to the genre.
      What media to you like best (film, television, literature or game)?: film is easiest for me to consume but when i'm up to reading, i like novels! i do also like gaming, but i haven't really played anything horror. besides bloodborne?
      Favourite horror media: i love it (2019), and i have a soft spot for the paranormal activity movies. in general, i love anything that has to do with the paranormal and monsters, as well as weird or psychological horror. :p
      Least favourite horror media: i am not at all a fan of slasher/gore or home invasion-type horror.
      Favourite horror character(s): eddie kaspbrak from stephen king's it has a special place in my heart.
      Favourite horror actor(s): none come to mind.
      What do you like about the horror genre?: i just like to be scared by scary things. ghosts and monsters are also a special interest of mine.
    haikaveh

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby yves » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:39 am

hello hello! i've kinda been procrastinating finally posting here again (the thought of actually articulating what to say), i guess, but i'm glad there are even more people since i last checked this thread! i find it thoroughly fascinating how we all have very different (and some similar too) preferences and dislikes when it comes to horror — it just reminds me how vast this genre can be. i'll be sure to update the front page as soon as i have time to!

i'm glad i'm seeing people mention the final destination series! i started it back around october last year and i've been steadily making my way through the franchise (putting off the fourth one now... sigh). i don't see much appreciation for it, and i know it can get repetitive at times, but it's one of those concepts that really fascinates me: the whole idea of exploring death and fate... and (not to go into too much detail) the kills can get extremely creative in the films.

as for recent watches and what i plan to watch in the near future — i watched the fly (1986) a few days ago and, to my pleasant surprise, it was very enjoyable and interesting! i know i keep on saying this, but different concepts and ideas being explored in the horror genre is the thing that fascinates me the most. however, just be warned the body horror does get worse as the movie goes on, so be wary if it's something that triggers you. i also have the intention of finally watching the entire saw franchise very soon!

@zhongluc, i'm also very interested by films centred around the paranormal and ghosts and stuff!! i think they're about the only type of horror film to genuinely provoke a major reaction from me (see: the 2020 film host) — and i love that tbh. i'm definitely looking to explore the paranormal subgenre in the near future!
    yves

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby fali. » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:09 am

im trying to give more of the ‘classic’ horrors a watch! 80s-90s horror has become quite the soft spot for me, they’re my favourite decades for sure! has anybody watched poltergeist? im watching it right now!
    → fali

→ adult

my sweet ♡

letterboxd

writing storage

horror fanclub

——————————————————————
    fali.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Mew » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:56 am

CS username: Mew
        Nickname and pronouns: She/Her
        How long have you been a horror fan?: Longer than my memory allows
        What was your first piece of media in the genre?: Unsure; again, too young.
        What media to you like best (film, television, literature or game)?: Film
        Favourite horror media: Silent Hill
        Least favourite horror media: n/a
        Favourite horror character(s): Pyramid Head, Pennywise, The Babadook
        Favourite horror actor(s): n/a
        What do you like about the horror genre?: n/a

will come back and fill more out later!
    Last edited by Mew on Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

she | her
    infj-t

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    “I have no idea where this will lead us,
    but I have a definite feeling it will
    be a place both wonderful and strange.”

ㅤㅤㅤ― Dale Cooper, Twin Peaks

Mew

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby PastelDog » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:33 am

fali. wrote:
    XxStarlordxX wrote:-snip-

ah yes, i read something about that! suppose a lot of people would be feeling something similar to cabin fever with the current situation too! it's a chilling (haha) film to watch, so it's so neat to see something like that come into play.

also, welcome kitty! c: the original "a nightmare on elm street" was the first horror film i watched in 2019 actually--it kickstarted my horror obsession to the maximum!

i've also been watching the final destination series recently--i never expected to enjoy it but it's a lot of fun!

Did you know that Nightmare On Elm Street was based on an actual event that occured on Elm Street? I recently found that out, well middle of last year I found that out.
    free art
    Adopts Shop
    OC Sale
    • [url=link]Art Shop[/url]
    Trading
    UMA Storage
    LOLO Stories
    PastelDog

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby witcherrii » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:18 am

CS username: witcherrii
        Nickname and pronouns: she / her / they
        How long have you been a horror fan?: Probably about 5-6 years?
        What was your first piece of media in the genre?: movie: The Hills Have Eyes, Alien
        What media do you like best (film, television, literature, or game)?: game and film!
        Favourite horror media: Games: Resident Evil series, Outlast, Dead Space, and also a new horror game that just came out, The Medium!
        Film/TV: Amerian Horror Story, Hills Have Eyes, Alien series (yes even the new ones), The Thing, As Above So Below
        Least favorite horror media: not sure, I don't really like comedy horror.
        Favourite horror character(s): Alien, classic Dracula, Jason, and a lot of Resident Evil characters.
        Favourite horror actor(s): Bela Lugosi, more but Im terrible with actor's names :c
        What do you like about the horror genre?:
      I love and appreciate horror because it gives me this thrill and adrenaline rush that I otherwise probably wouldn't experience. I grew up adoring anything creepy/uncanny. I adore horror artwork as well.
    xshe/her ♡ infj
    x
    x
    witcherrii

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me