Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26

Postby ジエイ » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:36 pm

henlo!!! i am-uh streaming. gonna being doin a commission for a pal and seein where we go from there and what's goin on!!! i also will be doin some [size=125]freebiesafter i line my current commissions

you can join me
here!

seein a lot of cool commissions here!! i think im gonna look more at all your guys' stuff and start commissioning because honestly my ocs need art ; v;
ジエイ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mikuru Senpai » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:50 am

Happy New Year to all of you <3
    Let 2018 be a good one!
    I'll start of my first post this year with a quote I found on tumblr! ;v;

"No more toxic friendships in 2018, no more toxic relationships in 2018
    and no more toxic thoughts in 2018. Only toxic by Britney Spears in 2018."

━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━
    @QueenNyra - First off congrats on all the art! I love treeiights drawing style so much aaaah <3 I especially like the little anthro piece <3 Also, Rouge's design is neat! I really like it!
    @Ittam - Cute designs as always <3 I really like Ripplepool and Stromstream! (And I really adore all of the names). Good luck selling them!!
    @bogator - Oooh I saw this guy on toyhouse or dA I'm not sure but I fell in love with the colors! Congrats on getting them <33 And the little pagedoll you did is so cute! Also good luck with your commissions!
    @smol kitten - Congrats on the art piece! It looks really cute!! <3 Also good luck getting some art <3
    @Larkspur1678 - Good luck getting what you want! <3
    @dragongoddest - Good luck sellign your charas! <3
    @bat-ty - Eeep missed the stream, maybe I'll be faster next time! <3
    @rainbowpanda101 - Your artstyle is really cute <3 Good luck getting some commissions! Also congrats on teh Viscet! I love their colors!
    @Dannieshadow - Happy new year to you too! <3
    @titmouse - Hope you get some watchers! Sadly I can't watch <3
    ━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━
    How do you go about designing characters? What do you start with? Colors, a personality?
    I start with the colors! I search for a nice color palette and think of what accessoires will go well with the colors - and than I start designing!

Show me a character of yours from an unusual species! Something besides feline and canine. Like, does anyone have any mice?
    Yep yep, I do have some characters that aren't that common <3
    Sven (Dragon) || Pumpkin (Sheep) || Fruit Pebble (Pony) || Travis (Red Panda) || Icecream Swirl (Pony) || Cake (Bunny) || Bubblegum (Puddle) || Ketchup (Red Panda)

What's your favorite color palette for a character?
    I really do love gray colorschemes ;v;

Do you have any characters whose personalities are based off of someone you know irl?
    Yes, three of them! One is based on my sister and one of a friend of mine because I made them their own characters.
    And the third on is based on my Kung Fu teacher!
    Other than that I always have some character which are based off tv show characters ;v;

Compared to last year, have you increased or decreased your character family?
    Decreased - by a lot. I just couldn't connect with the designs anymore even though I really like them ;V;

━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━
    Speaking od decreasing - I increased my family a bit! I got a new character in a trade aaaah <3
    And I really like him <33
    Meet Sawyer everyone! I'm searching for relationships (Friends, siblings, etc) for him so note me if you are interested! <3
    lines by thinyghoul; design by videotvpe
    ━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━

Also as I said, I decreased my character family so I still have TONS <of characters for sell/trade!
    So take a look and give them a better home <3
    Closed species and HQ characters included!! <3
    Click hereeee

"Give up trying to
_______━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━

________-____
___Deviantart__________Twitch
_______
___Anime | Paranormal | League

________-____
___

make me give up."
_______━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━

Mikuru Senpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koushi. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:10 am

@Mikuru - That is an awesome quote ovo
@ bogator - I love that charrie! He reminds me of the floor in an arcade with all of the glowy squiggles and stars.
@everyone selling - good luck!

Whew, so I got a few new kiddos over the last few days!
I'm looking to get them some friends for them also, so pm me if you're interested c:

design by crutchie_, lines by Swiftalu

This is Safari, or Safi as she is known to some of her close friends. She is a hotheaded adventurer who actually has no sense of of direction. She ends up lost more easily than anyone on the planet. However, Safi only says that she wasn't lost, just exploring somewhere different. She wears a simple green color with a giraffe charm attached to it.

design by tweekTweak, lines by grinning gothamite

Then we have Ezazel, my little vampy kiddo. Really shy with a good sense of humor. He likes meeting new people but he has a hard time approaching them since he doesn't want to scare them off (vampire problems).

design by tweekTweak, lines by grinning gothamite

And finally the twins, Kodiak (top) and Polaroid (bottom). They are my first set of identical twin characters and I'm super excited to start developing them! I imagine that they live in a big city and run a photography business together. Kodiak is more of an extrovert, always flirting and partying and talking to anyone he can find. Polaroid likes talking to people but prefers to stay home and drink tea.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zailune » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:38 am

Answers~

How do you go about designing characters? What do you start with? Colors, a personality?
I usually just experiment. I find that listening to music while drawing helps a lot! Sometimes I'll have an idea in mind but the vast majority of the time I'm designing I tinker a bit.

What's your favorite name for a character you've ever seen? (Yours, or someone else's)
I'm not sure, I like really original and out-there names though! Idk why, but I particularly like names that begin with the letter "M".

Show me a character of yours from an unusual species! Something besides feline and canine. Like, does anyone have any mice?
This question reminded me ~ I actually made a F2U mouse base which is on DA under my alt account. I checked back on the page and it seems that people liked it, which makes me glad ^^ as far as characters I own, I do have some species that are out there, and I have ideas for characters that I've yet to draw out that are uh, strange.

Replies!

@crutchie - Nice new characters! I like the kitten c:
@Mikuru Senpai - Happy New Year to you as well, and everyone else on this thread ^^
@titmouse - GL with the stream! I hope you have fun c:

Hello!

Yay new thread ^v^
I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays this(er....last) year, and I hope everyone finds happiness in this new year!

I actually haven't picked up my tablet in a month+ because of medical stuff IRL unfortunately....however, I started drawing again today! ...and to give back in a sense, I wanted to make a bunch of free adopts as I ease back into drawing mode! So, lookie here:
https://zaadopts.deviantart.com/art/Dog ... -723173917

^Free canine adopts, a whopping 57 doggos ^^
If you have a moment (and a DA account) feel free to stop by the thread and claim one ^^
Image Image
----------------------

Heya, it's Zail - feel free to message me about anything! I'm online pretty frequently.
I may be a bit of a weirdo but I mean well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lots of love for those struggling, too. You're not alone.
Zailune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vaughn. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:05 am

Usually I get an idea randomly throughout the day or from a dream, then sketch out concepts. Most of what I design nowadays are made-up creatures, so I have to figure out their anatomy haha.
    Soft pastels. I also seem to really like browns + a bright color.
    Uh. I guess I technically retired a lot, so decreased?

@crutchie_
    Cute OCs! I like Safi's colors.
    @Mikuru Senpai
    Congrats on the new character! Pink noses are so cute.
    @rainbowpanda101
    Good luck with your commissions! I'm not sure if I like the thick or thin lines better.

It's been awhile since I last posted on the CAAA, but I'm just gonna share this thing of Gertrude.
Not that active.
deviantArt
Vaughn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonlight_girl » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:18 am

I usually start doodling a concept and then work from there. Colors mostly depend on what mood I'm in when I design a character^^
Personality is the absolute last thing I work on cause I really suck at coming up with one xp

Wow that's a hard one.. I mostly go for a natural base with hint's of unnatural colors.

Probably increased since I'm having a hard time letting go of characters ^__^'

@crutchie_ - Congrats on your new characters^^ I really like the twins^_^
@Mikuru Senpai - Really neat looking character you have there :3

Happy new year everyone!
Designs that are made by me or
bought from me can NOT be sold or traded!
If you nolonger want the character
that was made by me, just send me a
pm and return it!
Art thefts are not tolerated!
Read over these before ordering a design
from me;
http://sta.sh/0luvu15wu4e

•My DAM's• •My Nukitta's• •Art shop!•
•My plumie's• •Ask me!•
    Having a hard time right now, I will work on art as fast as I can..
moonlight_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:42 am

DISSSSCOOOOOOOOORDIA!!!! YOU'RE BACK! I thought you were gone forever! I missed you!
@ leverage Magni is super fluffy!
@ L0TUS It sounds like you have a ton of neat new characters in the works! Will we get to see them?
@ Blue Android all your new characters are awesome but I totally love Kaz and Dante
@ QueenNyra Love the first fluffy girl, fluffy wings XD
@ Ittam Got a thing for sheep? That's how it'd look if I put up my otter babs.
@ bogator Aww! They're amazing! I like the look of neon on a dark background!
@ smol kittten Love the smooth lineless look of the piece.
@ rainbowpanda101 Congrats on the new Viscet! She reminds me of the sunswirl Cs dog.
@ Mikuru Senpai Sawyer looks like a totally punk kid.
@ crutchie_ Congrats on all the new kiddos!
@ Vaughn. Love the palette on that piece, reminds me of some Japanese art or a cover to an anime.
Only a little art to show off, a teensy of my Adrian. Planning a big thing with characters over the next few days.

Well, I don't do a lot of designing, the characters I do keep are by default extremely simple. Sometimes I use a generator and just use that as an inspiration or I find something off pinterest that gives me inspiration.
What's your favorite name for a character you've ever seen? (Yours, or someone else's)
Gonna be honest the one I like the most is Friskya Seawillow. She's one of my selkie characters and for some reason I just love her name.
Hmm, I do have some mice but they're minor characters in the story world....
I have a lot of mustelid characters, mainly otters but a couple weasels....but probably my most unique are Adrian and Avery, my snake and eagle duo.

I like either totally natural or totally unnatural, but I don't have anything specific. Browns, greens, and really dark blues are cool.

Do you have any characters whose personalities are based off of someone you know irl?
I do have...one, haven't developed him a whole lot, but he's 'based' not exactly like someone close to me.
IT"S INCREASED! OHHHH IT HAS VERY MUCH INCREASED!

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:03 am

@ Mikuru Senpai : I love that quote <3
@ Vaughn. : Gertrude is gorgeous!
@ titmouse : Good luck with the stream!
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sethh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:21 am

I'd like to get some feedback on a species im working on! The Realm of Fae
Not so much a species but a concept and a universe, so any and all feedback is lit. It's an exploratory game and need a LOT of work but is doing p well I think. I've been throwing around the concept for a very very long time and I'd like to do it!

Here's what the most basic variation look like;;
ImageImage

more info on the thread n v n !!

@vaughn. - gertrude is STUNNING omg
@zailune - those designs are SO CUTE omggg you're an amazing designer
@Mikuru Senpai - Sawyer is so cute and charming aaa
quitting but keeping most of my pets, may gift stuff 2 friends
Sethh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby d.zee » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:56 am

-snip-

thank you to everyone who offered to help out. <3
Last edited by d.zee on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
on hiatus...
d.zee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me