Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 -Rule Change p

Postby Haagen-Daagen » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me find out who this guy belongs to? I designed and sold him AGES ago and would love to draw him again, so any help finding his current owner would be greatly appreciated. <3 Art and design by me.

Bloodsoul: Very neat characters, and gorgeous art! I don't think I've ever seen an aquatic animal with accessories like that, so that Orca is especially cool!

Emh: Welcome back! That new character of yours is gorgeous. <3

Castiel: Good luck selling!(:

pinepossum: Lovely design you are selling! Your designs are always great. <3 Best of luck selling!(:

Do you own characters designed by me? (old username is 4dogowner) PM me! I'd love to draw art of some of my older designs, free of charge. <3
Toyhou.se
"Being courageous isn't the same as being fearless; it is doing what's right even when you're scared to death."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds."
"You are never a failure until you begin blaming your mistakes on someone else."
"Joy is a fully loaded magazine and a puppy."
Haagen-Daagen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:42 pm

Emh wrote:I haven't posted here in at least 30,000 years so I'm going to reintroduce myself 'n stuff. (praying hands emoji)

Username:
Emh

Most recently obtained character:
Flyckr is a Vullora; a closed species by Fritrz on dA / Haunted on Furvilla! Artwork is by them, too. ^^

Favorite character that you own:
Em, my fursona! Art by Vixfin.

How many characters do you own?:
Including my sale characters... 348!

Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?":
Trying to not be lol
membership form

@Tealea - Ohhh those bases are really nice ! I don't have any Kalons so I'd have no use for em, but they're very pretty. Idk how I personally feel about paying for bases; it's something I've never really liked the thought of because usually when you pay for something you're paying for the exclusivity. 200$ is also... steep, even for MYOs. Like I don't know why anyone would need 48 myo slots; even if they're different species. But I might just be out of touch with the adopt community. Unless these were really sought-after species (like Pacapillars, Grems, Ren Fairs, Sushi Dogs, etc) I couldn't justify the pricing. A big part of MYO sales being successful is people being interested in the species. You're saying this will be a new species made by you *every month*? There's no way to hype up a species before releasing it if you're doing one every month; by the time you hyped up the first species you'd be releasing the second one. And it'd be rough to try and flesh out 12 different species a year; not to mention having time to do events and stuff for them? They're more like one-off species from what you're explaining, which... a lot of people don't go for that. They want something they can invest in; have fun with. An extensive lore, a community, etc. If you're intending to make 12 different communities every year and run at least 12 different events a year (with a base of one event per species) -- all I can say is good luck. That's a very rough path you're about to put yourself on.
@pineopossum - Ohh I really like that design ?? Reminds me of a bearded vulture kinda!
@Lunar - Good luck getting an offer u really like!

Alsooo I'm selling over 300 characters on my Toyhou.se here!
Included are many one-offs of very high quality, closed species, humanoids, ferals, etc!)
You can either contact me here or there to discuss. (-:

Accepted welcome
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GIGABITE » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:23 am

Just popping in to show the art I made during post-first date w/crush squishy romantic feelings. Cheesy art is my JAM bros. I can't truly tell how obnoxiously huge it is thanks to posting on mobile, but if it is too much let me know and i will link it instead!

@Bloodssoul - woah, what a unique character! Dont see many orcas around. Cool art too!
@Castiel - I love that couple art ^^
@pineopossum - omg, I am in LOVE with that design ;---;
@TheSongOfTheStars - so much pretty art! Love it!

Bisexual - Non-Binary - Any pronouns
Characters - DeviantArt

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
GIGABITE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:17 am

Didn't think I'd be posting here again, but cleaning out my pet collection is taking way longer than I expected xD
A little bit of shameless advertisement -- trading any pets on my account for art!
I am really desperate to get some reference art, so if you can draw from description/with clothing refs & a face claim, please send me a PM! I'm developing a character and I want to start making him a character page, but it's so much easier coding in places for art when they actually have art-

@Emh welcome!
@Bloodssoul sweet art! I really love Katsu <3
@GIGABITE that art is so adorable!! ;o;
@Everyone else buying/selling/trying out, good luck!

I have so much art to show off too but all of it is way too big ah-
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝒩𝑜𝓃-𝒷𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓇𝓎 ▸ 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎/𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 ▸ 𝒶𝒹𝓊𝓁𝓉
𝐵𝒾-𝒢𝓇𝒶𝓎𝓈𝑒𝓍𝓊𝒶𝓁 ▸ 𝐵𝒾-𝒜𝓇𝑜𝒻𝓁𝓊𝓍

If you were prominent in the user-made adoptable
community way back in 2012-2015, you probably
remember me as Dovepawlover!

I'm looking to exchange C$ and rare+ pets for
character (humanoid) artwork. PM me!

𝒫𝒮 𝒜𝒹𝑜𝓅𝓉𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝒯𝑜𝓎𝒽𝑜𝓊.𝓈𝑒𝐹𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑅𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
Aesthetic sources: x & x
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Doing cat custom designs like these at da for 100 points + a free giveaway too. Click the cats to get there.
Lines are by Nargled at deviantart! c:

@ Haagen-Daagen
Hope you find the character.

@ Tealea
Your lines are so cute.

@ TheSongOfTheStars
Your founder is really pretty!
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:50 pm

@Tealea / If you have a species I like, I'll totally buy a myo! I like your subscription idea, would it work better on DA?
@ ☁Lady Raincloud☁ / you have quite a diverse range of design skills! goodluck selling them!
@Haagen-Daagen / what a lovely character! good luck finding them, it can be quite difficult but I'm sure someone will know where they are!

Hey everyone, I just want to share my new horse breed, the Maarlos horse!

(Big image post ahead, sorry!)

I've got a few imports up at the moment: (these aren't all the ones I've got, there are more available!)

Click below to go to the group!

And a question,
Code: Select all
A lot of closed species on DA have an ARPG aspect, whether its dragon fighting, magical skills, adventures/promps etc. What sort of ARPG prompt/idea would you like to see?
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:25 pm

I wanted to stop by and share my newest boys and respond to some stuff, hope that's all good. (':

To the right is Emmet, an alternate form for my fursona! He's meant to represent my 'bad' side; if you can say people really have good and bad sides, anyway. We was drawn by and mostly designed by the very lovely LavvyTheJackalope on dA; you can see the original design and post here. She was kind enough to let me tweak him to my content; which I only ended up changing up his markings a little! ;w;
My fursona Em is an alien cat; Emmet is a demon cat. They're both funky felines, lol.

I also grabbed a new TLK character. I named him Miller, and you can see him here!
Miller was born in the wild but taken by poachers for the thriving pet trade in developed countries. He became the cub of a very rich man who intended to use him for breeding once he was of age, in a bid to further his wealth by producing lion cubs for a quick buck.

Despite his owner's questionable motive, Miller was treated very much like a king. He was raised in a not only adequate enclosure, but an enriched one with other cubs his age; going on to have his own misfit pride. He's a softhearted boy who would rather sit around helping groom than hunt. He's very meticulous about his mane and making sure it always looks good.

Miller was designed by the amazing Blumalou, whose work you can see here! I linked to where I got Miller; he's actually doing a breeding chart thing right now and it's super fun; I def recommend grabbing one if you can and like TLK! :-D

Now for some responses!
@Renneka - I'm not *huge* into horses but wow, those lines are gorgeous! I'm really liking the markings on them!
@Lady - Suuper cute designs, wow. Best of luck selling!
@Dovepawlover - Thank you for the welcome, and best of luck getting art for your pets! I've been trying to do the same thing for like a year and a half now, lol.
@GIGABITE - I love your art, wow! Super cute!
@Ki-neko Animura - Thank you!
@Haagen-Daagen - I said your name out loud and had a good giggle, so did the wife. Gorgeous character, I hope you can track the owner down! And thank you for the compliment. ^^
@Larkspur - Thanks ! :-D
@Bloodssoul - Thank you so much ! Nice to meet you too ! I ADRE Dunkin, omg. Orcas are so wonderful.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🌈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragongoddest » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:51 pm

@emh nice character
@gigabite cute art
@bloodssoul cute art

im looking for a new ref for this girl and maybe an icon
by jdawggie365

im offering pets mainly this one
must send examples in your pm
ImageImageImageImageImage
dragongoddest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:24 am

Short post because I have some business for once haha!
@dragongoddest: nice character.
@Emh: ahh Emmet is really neat! I like what you have devleoped for him so far, and his design is really interesting and unique! Funky felines are the best, let's be real here. also congrats on TLK character! they seem really neat and i like the story you have going for them, something different from what I've seen in the past.
@renneka: Ahhh those horses are so neat! I like your designs a lot. I could never figure out the whole ARPG stuff, it was always too much for me wrap my head around.
@ ☁Lady Raincloud☁ : entered the raffle! Good luck selling designs, your work is always so nice! <3
@Dovepawlover: nice to see you again! X3 Good luck finding reference art, there are a bunch of talented artists on CS so I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding what you need.
@GIGABITE: looovvee your smooth lines and shading style, your art has really changed over time and I love it. <3 Such a cute piece too!
@Haagen-Daagen: Good luck finding them! They're so sweet, but then again all your work is <3
=========================================================================
Does anyone recognize/own these characters? They have been sitting in my stash forever, they're both marked 'pending' but I have no record of who/when they were being offered on? So if you know, please please shoot me a pm. I'm emptying my stash and converting everything to TH, so if I can't find any info I'll assume that they were never sold and keep them as my own.
ImageImage

^^ FOUND! Thanks so much!
=========================================================================
I'm really proud of myself! my goal for 2018 was to get all my characters organized and so far I'm doing very well! I just cleaned out my sales stash and uploaded everything to TH (check them out! https://toyhou.se/Leafstorm515/characters/folder:189650 ) It feels really good to get organized again and see progress lol!
========================================================================

[b]Pick 3 characters that need some development. Tell us what they like to do on rainy, stormy days. Do they like the weather or no? [/b]

[b]Do you have any characters with magical/supernatural abilities? Do you prefer characters with or without these abilities?[/b]

[b]What is one of your pet peeves as a character owner/artist/designer? What do you think is a solution to the problem?[/b]

[b]Have you ever sold a character(s) and regretted it? How did you try to to cope/fix the mistake? Did it change your perspective on selling/trading/etc characters?[/b]

[b]Do you have any aesthetics that go with certain characters? (can be mood boards or just images!)  [/b]

will be back to answer some of these later <3

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gremlin » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:52 am

@bloodsoul Holy heck so much art! Also that orca is fabulous
@emh Oh man he looks great! very fancy with the crown haha
@gigabite I LOVe your art Oh my god

Popping in to advertise pay what you want comissions: examples can be found here:
https://trashlucifer.deviantart.com

Usd only contact me on da if interested.
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me