Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Character Awa

Postby Tiger-bytes » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:57 am

Questions:

What could your fellow club members do to make you feel more welcome or more content with being a part of this group? What things would you like to see more of?
I'd love to see more discussion and questions, even if it's things that have already been discussed/asked, there are always new people coming in who may have missed those questions/discussions the first time ;v;
I'd also love to see more artwork (NOT just art that they got of their character) cause I love seeing different artists ;v;

Do you think there are any circumstances that allow an individual to break an artist/designers TOS/rules? Why do you think that? What are some ways it can be avoided?
I believe if a designer drops off of the face of the earth or goes inactive and stays inactive for years warrants being able to break some TOS, but regardless I always try to note the designer's account first just so if something goes wrong, I have proof I did try to inform them.

How do your characters use magic? Those that use magic are they subject to categories? Can say a mage use fire magic and say weather magic?
Characters in my world are born into magic, I believe the way I have it worked out is that magic wielding is highly recessive and is only passed down from purely magical parents. They are not born into the category they start with, they simply just start if that makes sense. They can practice different types of magic with the exclusion of light and dark magic which is extremely powerful and can only be used by either very high status characters such as my Gods, Guardians, and Angels. As far as whether or not I wanted to class elemental magic, I'm honestly not sure yet. I imagine magic being more generalized rather than subdivided like in the new MLP series.

Replies:
@•Crow• Jayce is beautiful! Best of luck finding him a new home ;v;
@L0TUS- Prism is gorgeous! I love the way his fur is drawn ;v;
@Lunamoth19- Beautiful artwork from arcaine as always! And you're welcome ;v; I'm glad he'll go to a good home ;v;
@QueenNyra- That shading style is BEAUTIFUL omg, and I saw that artwork by Auukuro on DA when they posted it! It's so beautiful! ;v; Keep up the amazing work dude!
@Batman- I still love that cream colored JBD ;v; Congrats on such beautiful babs!

Some of my newest characters:
(Linking toyhou.se cause it's a bit more convenient for me aha

https://toyhou.se/2005923.koli - by Dogsneeze (DeviantART)
https://toyhou.se/2005920.lucille -By Dogsneeze (DeviantART)
https://toyhou.se/2043425.winston - by Sighss (DeviantART)

And I'll show off a piece I got from AzureSoleil over on DeviantART of my boy Daemon ;v;

I'll also quietly drop my sales folder from toyhou.se here too
For Sale Folder
If interested read the TOS and contact me either on DeviantART or Toyhou.se directly, If you message me here my reply will likely be quite slow
Not very active here, you can find me other places though!

By Choco-floof on dA

Where to find me:
Deviantart
Toyhou.se
Tiger-bytes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby claypigeon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:58 am

@bat-ty that parrapup is so cute : ) i used to have one way back when
@>>leafstorm515 i love maple she is so awesome & pretty
@kn!ght poushins look really cool, i'll check em out !
@MayaDaBanana Daemon is gorgeous and the art is just stunning. so nice.

^^
making simple fullbody & headshot pixels !! I could use some practice so Im gonna charge 25 points each. (can be haggled)
I can make them smaller if desired (100 x 100 is CS avatar max length) the one above is 150 x 150 pxls
If you'd like to see more examples of my art, you can check it out here.
note me or pm me if interested !! might take pets as well.
thank you so much

hi!
clay★ she/her
i have many classes, work and no time. ((so please be patient w me !!)
electric guitar connoisseur. dead head and led head
pm me if you need to talk or just want a friend !!
If I owe you an unfinished commission I never did from years ago, which I did often bc I was a horrible little gremlin, please just let me know : )
johnny says stay cool
claypigeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Regarding the Add Pole why did you vote the way you did? What are your views on the matter?
I voted that posts including adverts should add more to the group conversation. I believe that if we have a totally separate thread for advertisements, most people will just post on that and never say anything on here. I think maybe we should require that a post can't just an advertisement and two comments and they have to be talking about new characters or art.
@Lady Masquerade I love Toast! She's so soft and warm!
@Batman I love that meme art! It's hilarious!
@AxieLove Congrats! I think it's super cute you got a piece of art done for it XD I also love Bakorde, his mane is epic!
@Shasha~ Those before and after art of that character is super neat! Her whip is remarkable and I feel like it's a super important part of her character since it makes it through the transition
@ L0TUS congrats on the dream characters! Hemlock is absolutely adorable and I love bat characters!
@lunamoth19 Love the tinies! I've seen similar art in your signature and I'm super jealous! Also jealous about the new characters, the marble cat is stunning and the tiger, well I have a love for both tigers and oriental dragon themes and seeing them together is epic!
@QueenNyra your art is beautiful! I love it so much!
@Shower_Flopping Aww that bunny-room is adorbs! I wants to huggle it XD
@Violenca I love the pixel scenes! The characters look great with the backgrounds
@>> Leafstorm515 Your story sounds like a ton of fun! Small stories like that are so rewarding
@bat-ty That Galvani is beautiful! I love the desert theme
@Batman Hanza is the funniest looking character I've ever seen, that animation really draws in my eyes AND STEAMPUNK DINOSAUR
@MayaDaBanana Daemon is stunning! I've never seen a griffon/wolf hybrid that I can think of before

I've been busy lately DX the ARPGs have taken over

Lines-Desgin by Lieutenant Sparks
This is Filia, a new friend for Hawthorne and Thunder in Red Willow Warren.
And This is Freesia, my new owl for a Guardians of Ga'Hoole rpg and honestly I'm so excited for her? Ga'Hoole was such an influential series on my writing and I just loved the books when I was younger.
Also she's gorgeous.
Lines-Design by LoveTheHolly
This is Qurra, my Robin plant avian, by Heidy, and she's so sweet! I love the entire idea of the species and having a little character that I can doodle without feeling bad about not developing them a whole lot is rly relaxing.
This is Gera also by LoveTheHolly, my hide-and-seek loving glossy seal, she's a mischievous little girl,
This is Ribothain, by mammalia, from one of those color-in x get a character. I absolutely adore this big guy and he already has a place in my main world as the mythical defender of the northern kelp forests.
This is Stargazer, she's a plant cat, species and lines by Softea and design by me! For the MYO event. I'm actually quite okay with her design and can't wait to start developing her.
And now for some art
Ribothain and the Ocean Princess, out for a swim in their beloved ocean. By me ^-^
And then this little piece of Shyshie and Darkmoon having a quiet moment, bc they need more of those. By me

What could your fellow club members do to make you feel more welcome or more content with being a part of this group? What things would you like to see more of?

Oh, dear, I'm not quite sure. I suppose more than half-sentence comments/replies would be nice. Also maybe some more group activities like the collab and the character awards would be nice.
Do you think there are any circumstances that allow an individual to break an artist/designers TOS/rules? Why do you think that? What are some ways it can be avoided?
The only excuse would be that they didn't know the rules, otherwise it should not be allowed. I'm not sure how it could be avoided unfortunately.

Do you have an odd species of characters? Show them off and give us a bit of background on them.

Hmm, I have quite a few otters and I don't see those around as much as I'd like. Honestly I never meant to have so many, it started off honestly with just two... then there where three, then two of them got married and it went off from there and now I have four generations of otters.
Also have some squirrels and honestly I haven't seen hardly any squirrel characters.
Need more squirrels people!
How do your characters use magic? Those that use magic are they subject to categories? Can say a mage use fire magic and say weather magic?
"Magic' with my characters is usually considered a natural ability, so a water ability would never be able to manipulate any other element but water.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~The Original Alice~ » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Hey everyone!! Long time no see I know I have gone through a lot this last year. I left chicken smoothie for a while so I could focus on my mental health. I've been doing a lot better than I used to so I have been getting more an more involved in the community again! So I'm back!

For those of you who don't know me I am Alice! You can find all of my characters in the first two links in my signature. I am very proud of my babies an am always up for a chat or if you have characters you think would make a great partner for one of them!

I don't really think they should be, however unfortunately there aren't many ways to prevent it an none that I can think of :( I'm sorry

Do you have an odd species of characters? Show them off and give us a bit of background on them.

I do!

I have my babe Nia who is an Oxuph I don't know much about the species yet but I will let you know more as I find out (:

Nia
I have more I just feel a bit lazy xD

I just got this piece done of my main Fursona Alex
I am so proud of it! It makes a perfect avatar pic! Anyways enough about me (: nice to meet you all!!

@claypigeon - that's an adorable headshot. I wish I had points but I only post art on my da nothing else good luck with orders!
@MayadaBanana - OMG THAT CHARACTER IS BEAUTIFUL AN SO IS THE ART *insert me drooling here*
@lunamoth19 - I LOOOOVE the last one he is so stinking cute!! Look at that tail I mean aaaaaaaaaw <3

Image Image Image
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
────────IS GOING TO BE ─
ImageImage
─ MAYBE NOT─────────────
─────────── EVENTUALLY─
━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
LINKS → • 1 / • 2 / • 3 / •
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Image Image

~The Original Alice~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emris » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:02 pm

Replies
@Leaf, Congrats on getting another one of the cats you've been after, she's adorable!

@bat-ty, Your new chars are gorgeous! Especially the parrapup!

@Batman
I am SO happy to see Maxodus being loved <3
I'm so glad I gave him to you Bat I knew you'd take good care of him.

@Maya
Daeman looks stunning!

Regarding the Add Pole why did you vote the way you did? What are your views on the matter?
I voted for #1
I've been in this group for a long time, and honestly it's so much less then it used to be. More and more people are using it solely for advertisements and it's become more or less a meat market. It isn't a lack of moderators, or anything like that, it's people who don't contribute to the group as a whole and just slap their ads up every 5 pages and go.
I think having a separate place to advertise will work well, and hey maybe allow mentions or even links to the ad thread occasionally. Honestly while I do enjoy looking for new chars here it's become so over run with just ads and a comment or two to get around the comment rule that I won't miss it if the ads need to be banished entirely.

Sorry for the short post, I"m a bit strapped for time irl oops
My Deviantart
My Toyhouse
I am always happy to talk about my
characters, art, CS related things, etc
so if you need/want anything just pm me!

icon by GOD-LIKES-ME

Pet's name: Beefcake
Emris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hush » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:02 pm

@Batman

The Dino is so cool, love the natural color pallet.

@Lunamoth

Pip’s design is adorable, I’m partial to grey's but that just makes me love him more!

@TheOriginalAlice

Nia looks so cool, I’ve always loved bones, either protruding or markings like my Fursona Laith. The species seems interesting.

So I made a character for a contest and don’t particularly want her. I just don’t do anything with the characters I have already, including my Fursona because of being so busy with college. I had a free day today(not really, I just told myself that.) and entered a species contest (don’t tell my commissioners... I’m really behind and it’s lowkey stressing me out so I push it off more.) any tips for stuff like that? I don’t use the Oekaki that often let alone full body species with edits. But anyways, here she is, she’s a bobcat x wolf hybrid with a cotton candy theme.
Last edited by Hush on Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paranoia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Regarding the Ad Poll why did you vote the way you did? What are your views on the matter?

I personally voted option one. Much like Anza said I feel like if you're looking to purchase, you can then go there. On top of it potentially getting some other attention rather than just Caaa folk, since I'd assume it'll be located in the sales forum. I can't see a reason for advertisements to be on this thread (maybe for species and things of that nature). This isn't a community for sales and it becomes incredibly hard to reply to things when half of what you see is people giving the bare minimum in able to post an ad. Things get drowned out and quickly pushed to the side by people who don't want to participate and I feel a separate thread would eliminate a lot of that, even if it causes some people not to post here that's much better than being overrun by ads.

I'm also going to agree with Emris on this thread being much more involved and welcoming in the past.
There was usually something going on character related, event wise, or just general conversation where now there are points I've posted questions or other bandwagon type things and gotten nothing from anyone on the thread.
Id absolutely love to see more going on event wise that isn't secret santa related, as those are the main events and I personally only have time to join one a year.
Even this recent character awards, looking at it it seems it's overrun by three people when I know I've seen some awesome characters from other people around here, and it really seems almost unfair in that way.

@TheSongOfStars You always seem to make so much art of your characters and every time you're here you post a ton of art and really seem to know the personalities of each character. Wish I had the motivation for that ;o;
That ocean piece is also lovely.
@Claypigeon I have some spare points so you may find a pm from me soon! I'd love to see more of your art around it's pretty dang cute and you have a good style going for you!!
@Mayadabanana Ahh, so lucky! Azure's art is to die for. I own one of their designs and definitely was looking in to commissioning them sometime.
@Batman Hanza is so unique and cute. And also seems simple enough to just draw from memory which is such a nice type of character to have sometimes. Love that piece by pastel cake of her.
@bat-ty I'm jealous of both those characters ;v; that parrapup especially. Everything about them is gorgeous, can't wait to see the name you come up for them.

I have a couple closed species that aren't really around anymore that are more odd and one who doesn't have a species altogether.
Rogue the lavagut by ningeko16
Essentially just reimagined dogs of the future aha. Created to fit each person's wants or needs.
This fella is sweet and always out to help but loves a good nap.
By rithyrm
He's a jokester and prankster at heart but you'd never guess so by first impressions. He's pretty solitary until you get to know him.
Mabel the puffy poff by fayfia
I haven't really thought about her much since I got her, but definitely on the sillier side. A little nerdy and at times spacey.

I also got some art recently!
Both by eayn
By pimsri
By rattenstein

I always love seeing who people pick from my babies to draw since I give them free reign ;o;
Art by icseal & noch
DA | TH | Adopts storage

Paranoia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notactive » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Username: helkenway
Most recently obtained character: i guess the one i just designed! x (art/design by me)
Favorite character that you own: i really like spencer linked above there, but my sona (all by me also) is definitely a big favourite too.
How many characters do you own?: like?? 6 rn, but theres also ones i havent gotten past an idea yet, haha
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": not really cus honestly i get rid of characters more then i do keep them.

membership form
notactive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:10 pm

helkenway wrote:Username: helkenway
Most recently obtained character: i guess the one i just designed! x (art/design by me)
Favorite character that you own: i really like spencer linked above there, but my sona (all by me also) is definitely a big favourite too.
How many characters do you own?: like?? 6 rn, but theres also ones i havent gotten past an idea yet, haha
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": not really cus honestly i get rid of characters more then i do keep them.

membership form

I love the colors of your sona and welcome to the group!

@Paranoia: I really love mable but its probably because she screams witch at me which I also love lol.
As for the character awards. I've worked very hard on it and I still have a ton of work ahead before its done but I do realize there are flaws. Saddly the flaws didnt present themselves to me until half way through so there isnt any going back this time. Next year if im running it, and there is no garentee it shall be me, there will be some alterations and restrictions added.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragongoddest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:31 am

long time no post lol
i've honestly have being going threw a lot lately. was on medical leave and just things haven been going well and by depression been kicking my butt. but i'm going to try and make a comeback

first off
i'm taking and and all offeres on almost all my ocs here https://toyhou.se/dragongoddest/characters/folder:all
please keep in mind when offering a trade or art i am picky and only look fo mq-hq
some are not for sale
yes my kia is for sale

i've gotten a few new art and oc while away
by sindriian

by need to look up

by Cherrikat

also alway always ALWAYS open for a roleplay

@bat-ty ahhhh i love the gryphon
@L0TUS looooove the bat <3
@QueenNyra i love your art
ImageImageImageImageImage
dragongoddest