2017 Winter of Giving // Viscet event (Results!!)

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: 2017 Winter of Giving // Viscet event (First round!)

Postby SilverSamurai » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:41 am

The first round will be wrapping up soon. After 5pm est (in just over 2 hours) no more points will count towards for the first round.
This being said, if you have not gained at least 5 points in this round, you will be removed from the event.

Hang right, I will update the scores and finalize the next round when I get home, but until then, great job everyone! I’m always in awe of the creativeness and generosity in this community, and I’ll post an update for round two within the next few hours <3

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Matreats » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:49 am

SilverSamurai wrote:The first round will be wrapping up soon. After 5pm est (in just over 2 hours) no more points will count towards for the first round.
This being said, if you have not gained at least 5 points in this round, you will be removed from the event.

Hang right, I will update the scores and finalize the next round when I get home, but until then, great job everyone! I’m always in awe of the creativeness and generosity in this community, and I’ll post an update for round two within the next few hours <3

Ahh- I feel so bad I wasn't able to participate as much as I wanted to. Good luck to everyone c:

──I AM LOKI, OF ASGARD!─────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
──────────────AND I AM──
┌────────────────────┐
hello! my name is matreats c:
I love art, well-written characters,
and I love to roleplay as well ☆

RP characters
eldemore

└────────────────────┘
──BURDENED WITH─────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
───────GLORIOUS PURPOSE

Matreats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:48 am

is it possible to extend time for a bit longer?

good luck everyone:)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Matreats » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:22 am

Catskitten wrote:is it possible to extend time for a bit longer?

good luck everyone:)

Oh, please if that's possible I would be so happy!

──I AM LOKI, OF ASGARD!─────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
──────────────AND I AM──
┌────────────────────┐
hello! my name is matreats c:
I love art, well-written characters,
and I love to roleplay as well ☆

RP characters
eldemore

└────────────────────┘
──BURDENED WITH─────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
───────GLORIOUS PURPOSE

Matreats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2017 Winter of Giving // Viscet event (Round Two!)

Postby SilverSamurai » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:31 am

Congrats to those of you who made it through the first round! I know that was difficult with such limited points to earn and take, but it was just a precaution to make sure everyone did their part if they signed up!

That being said, everyone who is still listed on the front page (the post with everyone's totals and links) has had their gifted points refreshed to 30! Lots of points to claim this round, and not so much worry of going over someone's gifted total remaining :>

things to remember in this next round:;

- ALL traditional art requires shading for points to count. a single shadow below the head does not count as a shaded piece either.
    - Please remember to send the message to both myself and the person you are gifting in the same message.
    - A full BG is not a flat horizon grassy scene. A full BG means there is a scene; a river in a forest, a kitchen, at least two other objects besides the viscet.
    - Please make sure when marking art that the user you are gifting is still in the event! The post listing users and their totals is the most accurate way to check!
    - Please keep an idea of your own points; I am doing my best keeping up on the list, but I'm only human or am I dancer and I make mistakes! Thank you for those who have come forward and fixed my mistakes of over-assigning points! Y'all are so honest and good <3

This round will end once everyone's gifted totals are 5 or below, or the end date of the event.
Remember, there are great prizes for those who have the highest total points at the end of the event! Giving and getting free art is a reward in its own, but while the prizes are something to strive for, please still be considerate and remember that there are lots of people in this event, who may not be able to do art as fast as you! Give everyone a chance to claim points as well, and good luck!

Round two is officially a go! Hope everyone is having fun ❤️

I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2017 Winter of Giving // Viscet event (Round Two!)

Postby SilverSamurai » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:39 am

As everyone gathers more points, less gifted points are available. Please check your point totals and make sure your numbers are correct, as a new round begins I clear out my messages and will be unable to forward you the gift!

That being said, a new round will begin tonight/tomorrow! I will post an update for the round, as well as refresh all point remainders to 30. Great job so far everyone!

SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2017 Winter of Giving // Viscet event (Round Three!)

Postby SilverSamurai » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:42 am

ROUND THREE;

Congrats everyone, we've sent out more than 300 pieces of art during the past month! That's amazing, keep it up guys!

However, I feel the need to address a few things before the third round kicks off. Please read the next points carefully;

Each piece of art needs to be sent out individually;
    - Even if you have 3-4 pieces of art for a specific user, please stick to the rules and only send one piece per message. This is to make sure I do not skip points for users. Sorry guys!

Writing requirements have been changed.
    - A lot of writing has been given out this year, and I quickly saw how quickly it was being taken advantage of. After going over this with some other staff members who are writers, we decided that the word limits were set too low for the points.
    - If you've ever written a story for a character, you'd know that 600 words is almost a joke to work with. As a result, the word limits/point values have been changed to the following;
1 point - 100 word or less story
3 points - 500 word story
5 points - 700 word story
10 points - 1,200+ word story

Lastly, the biggest issue thus far; shading.
    - First of all, all traditional art requires shading.
      - A single shadow under the head/ear is not shading.
      - Random scribbles is not shading.
    - Shading can be in many different forms, and there seems to be confusion between what shading vs. detailed shading entitles.
    - I have let a lot slide in previous rounds, but now I will be cracking down on it. This is not against any singular user, but rather for me to stick to the rules of the event.
Please see the following guide for how traditional and digital shading entitles;

But with all that out of the way, the third round is officially a go! Super sorry about the slight delay, I've been pretty busy getting ready for and dropping off my birds for boarding, finishing up christmas presents, 3 parties in 2 days, sigh..

This round will end the first of the year, and for the remaining 5 days of the event there will be a surprise, so hang tight!
All gifted totals have been refreshed to 30, so everyone and anyone in this event is open game once more. Have fun! <3

SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2017 Winter of Giving // Viscet event (Round Three!)

Postby SilverSamurai » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:09 am

Five days remaining in this event!

I've been absent for a few days as I was out of town and did not have access to a computer, so I am extending the event by 2 days. the event will end on January 7th at 11:59pm EST. Hope everyone is having fun!

Any pieces sent out on january 8th or later will not count for points, but are still nice to send out.

SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2017 Winter of Giving // Viscet event (Results!!)

Postby SilverSamurai » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:14 am

Thank you for all participating, I hope you all enjoyed the event as much as I did!!
Seriously, I can't thank you all enough; this community is so kind and giving, and it's so nice seeing all the gift giving going on, especially during this time of the year. Whatever the last few months have brought, I hope the following months bring good things for all of you!

The event is officially over!

If you have been working on a gift/s but have not had time to finish it, please feel free to send them still, but just know it will no longer count as points. It's still a gift, right?

I also bring final results;

First;; Coming in first with a whopping 240 points earned, is ArtGirl!

Second;; In close second with 236 points is Vesinir!

Third;; In third is Booklover789 with 105 points!

Fourth;; Fourth place is steampunkvale with 71 points!

If you are one of the four listed, please see the prize chart here to see what you won and PM me to confirm you wish to receive the prize/s.

But seriously, everyone who participated in this event won, as we all received wonderful pieces of art with wonderful messages <3 keep it up guys! Once again, thank you all for participating and I hope y'all had fun!! Hope to see you guys participate next year!

SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2017 Winter of Giving // Viscet event (Results!!)

Postby corgiboy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:23 am

OMLLL ahh I didn't think I even got on the list thank you so much! and congrats to everyone else <3<3
corgiboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me