|| YURI ON ICE FANCLUB || OPEN

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

It's time to settle this, Victor or Yurio?

Victor !!!
56%
Yurio !!!
44%

Total votes : 224

Re: || YURI ON ICE FANCLUB || OPEN

Postby Brainiac5 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:13 am

A wedding? Sorry, gotta go puke...

In all seriousness, and setting aside my dislike of Viktuuri, I was not pleased to hear we were getting a movie. I'm much more interested in the longer story that would be showcased in another season. I basically only care about Yuri(Yurio) and I'm very interested in his future. Of course I care about our good Katsudon boy and all the others(even JJ though mostly because I'm Canadian) but a movie just doesn't sound like it would be... Good.

Also hi! I see this club is risen from the dead. Nice to see y'all.
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hawaiianbabidoll » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:33 am

I drew a picture of fairy Yuri months ago but never finished because I didn't like how it was coming out. Well. Here's the incomplete version for you Yurio fans.

hawaiianbabidoll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paluumin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:46 am

@plus ultra
It's okay to dislike viktuuri, but I'm not sure if it was necessary to add the puking part ;v;

I've never really been into shipping characters. A lot of the time in sports animes, the fandom pairs a couple sometimes (doesn't apply to all fans) because of tiny interactions. Of course, if the anime provides "fan service" too, then the pairing is then further encouraged in a fandom. When yuri on ice first came out, I did not ship viktuuri at first. I thought viktor's personality was just a flirty type and it was too early to see if this relationship was going to grow or not. However, it did. I'm not entirely sure when I started shipping them, but I started to when I realized they're actually in love. Yuuri changed viktor's life and viktor changed yuuri's life. I never thought yuuri could show any confidence but boy did the Anime prove me wrong, and I'm glad it did. We also get a bit of an insight into viktor's past and how his life lacked something before he met Yuuri. I really love how he came to the conclusion that yuuri was his love and life. If it weren't for yuuri and their journey as skater and coach,
Viktor wouldn't be back on the ice. I love how yuuri is motivated by viktor and how they both surprise each other. Kubo sensei said that she wanted to normalize relationships (particularly gay and lesbian) in Yuri on ice, and that part of the anime really changed a lot of perspectives on LGBTQ in society. As the anime progresses, I'm really happy viktuuri is a wholesome relationship. It's not (as?) sexualized as other "yaoi"
animes and honestly, yuri on ice changed my perspective on love completely. I also love how yuri on ice features different types of love, including friendship love, sexual love //chris' performance//, dog love, family love, coach/student love, romantic love, broken love (georgi), bro love (yuri and otabek) and so much more. I honestly don't think yuri on ice would have changed so many lives without the viktuuri aspect. It's not "just fan service", it's about an actual relationship.

And as much as we would love a season 2, it's important to keep in mind that the animators took months to animate viktor's first performance (aria). Let alone, it took years to plan and prepare for yuri on ice. While we want what we want, we have to acknowledge that this took a lot of work and that they deserve a break. If anything, we should be grateful we're getting a movie at the very least. I'm honestly fine with the wedding; if anything, I'm participating in a YOI viktuuri wedding zine right now. The creators always have a way to surprise us and teach us memorable lessons, so we should look forward to the movie rather than ask for more from our tired and hardworking production team.

//lmao sorry for the long paragraph

@hawaiianbabidoll
Looks wonderful!!
┌───────────────┐

M I N - 旻

// visual development / animation //
commission info (closed)

└───────────────┘

┌──────┐

- art shop -
- youtube -
- twitter -
- ocs - | ©

└──────┘
xxxxx
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
paluumin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hawaiianbabidoll » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:35 am

@ Paluumin - I agree with you fully. I didn't ship Viktuuri at first either. I really only started watching the show for Yurio and I didn't ship anyone, but the more I watched, the more I couldn't help but really appreciate the growing relationship between Yuuri and Viktor. Yuri on Ice didn't give us fan service, it gave us a genuine and healthy relationship between two people who grow to deeply care for one another. I respect that and want to see more relationships in shows be this healthy and...well. Pure. It's refreshing.

I'd love a second season involving pair skating, and I wouldn't mind waiting. It took a few years for Attack on Titan to release season 2, so hey, there's plenty of hope that Yuri on Ice could get the same treatment. I also wouldn't mind some side stories. How did Yurio come up with the name Puma Tiger Scorpion for his cat? What were some of the misadventures Yuuri and Pitchit got into in college? We know Otabek has some questionable friends, so how about some of their stories?

(Side note, I also really love that even the not really important side characters are intriguing, even if they're only in the show for a single episode.)
hawaiianbabidoll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:10 pm

*clears throat* Wow for once I caused actual discussion I'm so pleased. So glad we're talking about this. Gonna share my story now. I got into YoI all on my own, knowing almost nothing about it, and was a little late starting. I watched the first four episodes on a binge. I remember particularly enjoying little things, like Yuuri being adorable and not a crap skater and his childhood friends. I absolutely loved the episodes before Hot Springs on Ice, with Viktor and Yuuri and Yuri all together. Tiny, surly Yuri and tall, hot, goofy Viktor with sweet adorable Yuuri in between. I feel fluffy just thinking about it. But then there's a moment. Like, during that first performance of Yuuri's, when he realizes how he feels for Viktor. That moment... My gosh. I almost cried. It was like my insides dropped out, I can't even describe it really. But it was like I just released a bird only for it to be shot down. All my hope left me. I was sad, sad mind you, to see it come true. Other people talk about how they cried tears of joy when Viktuuri turned canon, well I very nearly cried true sad tears.
There's my story, have fun wrapping your head around that. Anyway.
I don't take issue with them. They don't normally bug me at all. Hearing about a wedding for some reason gave me a little nausea but normally I'm able to feel happy for them, as one does. I just don't see their relationship as the one be-all-end-all get-married relationship. I have different ships for each of them, but it's mostly because I don't think you should marry the first guy you ever love, no matter how perfect you think you are. They are absolutely in love, I'm not blind or in denial. Heck, I'll even say they're cute, for the record. But I don't really like them. That's all there is to it.

Oh my gosh I definitely want to see more of the other characters. I want Minami's story. And more on that Korean skater with the dog, Seung Gil. He intrigues me. Otabek too. And I want JJ's childhood mostly because I want to see how they'll depict Canada. But also because I want to understand JJ better. I also have a huge soft spot for Yakov's crew and would love some insight into what it was like with all of them together, like when Viktor was there. You are so right HBD, every character that showed up for like ten minutes only was a real well-constructed character and that is such a great thing.

Wow I love having real talk about Yuuri on Ice!!!
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hawaiianbabidoll » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:19 pm

There's an interesting point though. Was it ever officially stated that Yuuri and Viktor are each other's first loves? For Yuuri, perhaps. He seems the type that may not have done much in college in regards to dating. Too anxious, probably too afraid to approach someone even if he did have interest with the assumption they'd say no. Viktor however always came off to me as someone who has had a few 'loves' in the past. There's another potential interesting side story - Viktor's past love life.

I also really adore when Yuri, Yuuri, and Viktor are together. My favorite moments usually involve all three being in the same room. I want to hear the story regarding the sparklers in the credits. Seems like a thing Yuuri would convince them to do, maybe because Yurio would have never done something like that (he looks like he thinks the firework will explode in the first still frame). I'll add it to the list of random things I'll write a fanfic about (along with the idea of the three going to the zoo and splitting up, Viktor losing his phone and getting the zoo employees to call for a 'missing child' Yurio strictly so he can get Yurio to call his phone for him and find out where it is.)

Minami somewhat annoyed me. I liked his routine but he's pretty far down on my list of whom I'd like to see more of. Ironically JJ has wormed his way up my list after my initial distaste for the character. When he was first introduced, I really disliked him, but after his failure at the finals, I warmed up to him and really wanted to know more. I have the headcanon that he has kind of a big brother syndrome regarding Yurio - where he's allowed to tease him and call Yuri 'lady', but if someone else does, he'll get annoyed and defensive in Yuri's place.

I also want to see Emil and Sara on a date with Michele just lurking in the background XD
hawaiianbabidoll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:06 pm

Username: horchata
    Nickname: chata??
    Favorite Character: yurio or phichit
    Favorite episode so far: probably the first tbh
    Have you got a ship for Yuri On Ice, if so, what?: viktuuri (i honestly didn't see the appeal at first, but my second time watching i was like hooow did i not ship them before haha)
    Have you watched all the episodes so far?: yupp
    Will you be active?: yeah! didn't join at first bc the club died down for a bit but it's nice to see it picking up a bit again?
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paluumin » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:02 am

@horchata
welcome!! ;7;

---------------------------

aaahh that's right that's right! Yuuri actually stated that he used to like Yuuko, but it's never stated whether he's been in a romantic relationship with anyone else before viktor :0 Viktor also states in one scene (when they were talking about yuuri's "past lovers")
that he's had a few past lovers (I saw this scene being analyzed on tumblr ahaha) (their genders aren't specified either). I think it'd definitely be interesting to see more of Viktor's past ( ' 7 ' ) I didn't like him at first (for leaving yurio) but I soon learned about the type of person he is and his reasoning and personality are both quite intriguing *O*

ahaha ohmygosh and yes I live for the podium family <333 I also love it when yurio and yuuri get along;;; and also the headcanon that yurio's secretly a big fan of yuuri ( ' 7 ' ) ahaha I'm just super happy when I see them all together <333

I think I liked everyone in yuri on ice <3 I guess some people were a bit extra or overdone //JJ is not the most accurate representation of a Canadian ahaha// but I ended up liking all of them <3 Every time a friend does the JJ style thing, I'm usually really done and screaming "nooooo" but on the inside, I'm still looking forward to seeing more of each and every character, including JJ ( ' 7 ' ) Canadians are usually seen as polite and apologetic //we say sorry a lot;;;// but it's always cool to see another interpretation or representation of canadians ;O; //his name is also quebecois which I approve asdfjkl; <3

-------------------------
on a lighter note, happy yoi anniversary everyone!!

I guess I'm a bit late depending on time zones and when people want to interpret yuri on ice's first release, but I just wanna thank yuri on ice and all the love and inspiration it's given me and many others as well <3

maybe to get the club going again, we could do a question thing??
Code: Select all
[b]How did yuri on ice impact you in the past year?[/b]

How did yuri on ice impact you in the past year?
For me, it's opened up a lot of doors to life, art and friends ;O;;; I've never drawn so much fanart for one fandom before it's insane ahaha;;; but at the same time, yuri on ice helped me improve my drawing speed, my cartoon style, my composition and my creativity too! I've never really made comics before yuri on ice, but nowadays I make a few yuri on ice comics here and there ;O;
it also got me into animating in my spare time (even if it's hell) and I've met most of my artistic inspirations through yuri on ice.
It helped me develop new styles and appreciate all sorts of styles in the fandom <3 Let alone, it's also a constant inspiration with episodes, fanart, aus, official art and just so many ideas circulating the fandom <3 I also got into reading fanfiction again and ohmygosh a lot of them are really good asdfjkl; I never thought I would be sacrificing my productivity for a fanfiction ahaha <3 //worth it though// I've also met most of my online friends through yuri on ice, and even real life friends too ;O; I was kind of going through a difficult time last year, but yuri on ice really saved me from that emptiness and filled my life with joy, inspiration and hope again <3 (and lots of love of course). I started acknowledging the other messages within yuri on ice, such as the different kinds of love that exist and the normalization of all relationships. I'm really happy that I found yuri on ice <3 It's been a wonderful year and I can't wait for many more to come! ;7;;; <3
┌───────────────┐

M I N - 旻

// visual development / animation //
commission info (closed)

└───────────────┘

┌──────┐

- art shop -
- youtube -
- twitter -
- ocs - | ©

└──────┘
xxxxx
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
paluumin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:03 am

Well, let me see:
-I became intensely motivated to hit the ice again after a year without skating(even bought new skates!)
-I gained an understanding of competitive figure skating that reinvigorated my interest in the sport. Which led me to watch each day of the World Championships in Helsinki and have a great time of it.
-Began to think about music in deeper way.
-Became interested in ballet.
-Learned to enjoy dance performances more.
-Developed my writing skills, especially in the adorable romance area. Fanfiction.

That's just some of the more noticeable stuff. YoI got me interested in all kinds of things I never really thought about before. I did personal research because suddenly I wanted to know all about Russia. I learned that Kurt Browning, a Canadian, was the first skater to land a quad, like ever, which is pretty cool and makes me proud of my country. I'm super excited about the upcoming Winter Olympics because I want to see if the skaters I saw in Helsinki will be there.(only like 130 days left get hype!!!) Umm, what else? I dance in my house a lot more now...
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hawaiianbabidoll » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:40 pm

@ horchata - Welcome horchata!

@Paluumin - omg, that art is too amazing. I love it so much. Especially Seung-gil's outfit, I had a strong laugh at that XD

Hmmm, well I became more interested in slice of life stories (I was always more of a major fantasy watcher/reader and the love stories within those stories usually bored me to tears. This was the first romance I actually became invested in)
It helped spark my inner writer back to life and I posted an entire Yoi story on Ao3 in basically one go. First completed fanfic wooo.
I researched a lot of dark fairy lore (thank you yurio)
I researched figure skating. I always liked watching it, but I went and looked up the jumps and how they differed and all that fun stuff.
I -covertly- watched lots of Yoi in public areas with the intention of using the show to bring up the topic of homosexuality with my family and co-workers to try to get them to stop responding so negatively to it (I failed with the fam, but I tried?)
I started drawing more dance-y poses, with lots of Yuri doodles
I started responding to people with 'da' and 'nyet' and I can't stop someone help my brain is dumb, I literally forget how to say 'yes' and 'no' sometimes and literally the only words that pop to brain is da and nyet.
hawaiianbabidoll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me