Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby ✦ nemuri » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:03 pm

@britneyrox

Ahaha, I actually just realized that and went back to edit my previous form :p

And thank you so much for the pointers!~
┌────────────┐
御影密bot - inactive
if you have questions, the
answer is probably "no"

└────────────┘
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:44 pm

Ahh I love this time of the year. I can't go trick-or-treating this year because of my major exams BUT I could always do some trick-or-treating here. xD Could anyone tell me if the story's alright? :)

Kuro has been doing "final" touch-ups to his costume for the past two hours and his sister has since grown awfully bored of him constantly dashing in and out of the room. However, she had to admit, his costume this year was pretty amazing. "Aaaand done!" Kuro announced as he placed the last black fabric into his costume. He was going as a shadow monster this year. His sister sighed as they both got their treat bags and headed off. Along the way, Kuro was practicing his "monster voice" whilst his sister groaned at his terrible attempts.
The trick-or-treating site was already bustling with activities as creatures of all ages hurried here and there. His sister had left him to start as she wanted to go on her own way. They both agreed on the time to meet back and parted ways. There were quite a few looks given to Kuro as he strolled down the street. Some even complimented his costume. He beamed proudly as he sauntered down to his first house at the corner of the street. Kuro headed up the porch and cleared his throat. He rang the doorbell and in the most monstrous voice he could muster, growled "Trick-or-treat...."
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:02 am

usamagnol_ wrote:how many "treats" do you usually give to one person? like, I know you only let them trick or treat once but how many treats do you give? (these are just questions concerning personal preference, I just kinda wanna see what people say)
do you ever factor in their trick or treater's costume or story to how many you give?

(sorry for all the questions, I'm new to this!)
what kind of tricks do you usually give, if any?

I have an absolute ton of trade fodder, so I usually like to give around 4-5 common/uncommon pets of various years (usually a mixture of years ranging from current to '10). If I remember, I like to drop in a halloween candy item cause its like my personal joke "here's ur candy" c': Sometimes the treats will just depend more on whats on their wishlist, I try to do wishlist pets unless I can't in which case I try to give them some decent trading fodder.

I do hand out rares at time, since I have a good number to spare. I usually save them for the costumes/stories I really like. They don't necessarily have to be really 'good' in the sense that they look nice, I look more for how creative a costume is, or how funny/unique a story is. I really enjoy those, so I send them a bit extra.

I usually don't give out any tricks, I always keep the option open to myself, but I do this for the purpose of giving out gifts. The only people I wouldn't give gifts to are the ones breaking the rules. If there is a particular costume or story that, for some reason or another, I don't really want to give them much for, I just give them a small treat. Thats the closest I get to giving tricks.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:03 am

I would love some opinions on this costume. Is it too boring? I have a cute story idea for this dress up (although I'm worried it might end up being too long...so we'll see) but I'd love to know what people think of the costume first. It has a lot less detail than the costume that I used last year, but I'm not sure what to add. I don't want to throw on a bunch of items just for the sake of having more, but I also want something that will stand out. Does anyone have ideas of what I could add? Or should I choose something else entirely? I'd love to know what you think! :)

musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Clockwork~ » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:18 am

My Story wrote:No one with the slightest shred of dignity would go out on Halloween, Tibbles thought. He looked over at Fizzie. She ran around excitedly, sewing together feathers and running to get more, humming a tune that she made up as she went along. She always got exited about Halloween. On the day before October she always got very energetic, calling it "October Eve". The next day she would get out boxes and boxes of decorations she had made. Decorating seemed to be her favourite part. She would zip from one end of the room to the other, placing carved logs near the door and windows and hanging raven feathers in a chain from the straw ceiling. Next she would gather feathers and string and reeds and wood, making them into gremlins and wolves and other Halloween creatures. She then decorated him, which made it the absolute worst time of the year. If his fellow cats saw him in that ridiculous wig he would just about die. He slowly pulled it off his head, hoping his sister wouldn't notice. He then bolted twards the door. Fizzie didn't seem to notice, she was too busy sewing together what Tbbles thought was the most beautiful costume wing he had ever seen. He had to admit, she was quite the designer. Never would a feather from the small bird shop be wasted, and never would a dollar be spent on any decorations had one came from it.

Fizzie bolted out the door as fast as she could without letting the strings come lose on her home made costume. She went quickly but gracefully, as if the wings truly let her fly and her legs moveing were simply an illusion. She would make it to town by the time the moon passed the mountains in the background. I'll be there in time. I have to. She leaped backwards to stop, causing her wings to spread out. They were iridescent, shining with blue, white, green and yellow, held together by metal that could easily be mistaken for gold. It seemed like they were glowing in the now darkened night.
She looked around frantically, taking in everything around her. She saw the town just down the hill shining with the brightness of a star. She saw the creek near by, the willow tree resting its long fronds in the water. She saw a farm on the other end of the town full of more types of plants than she could ever guess. But what she didn't see was a cat, large and handsome, with eyes a deeper blue than the tips of her wings and a coat the color of a rain cloud during a thunderstorm, dappled with silver.
She sat by the willow tree thinking of their past. She thought about when she fell into that very creek when she was young and a long paw reached in and pulled her out. "Are you okay?" He had asked. His eyes were wide with the fear of her being harmed. "I'm fine," she murmured after a long moment.
That was the day she moved away. When she reached the end of the small clearing he grabbed her paw. "Wait," he said. "I need to know I'll see you again." She looked at him with a smile as wide as the Cheshire Cat. "Meet you here this time on Halloween," she suggested. She would always remember that precious moment in time when his lips formed into a smile matching hers in width. "See you tomorrow!" They met in that clearing every year since.
And now he was gone. Could he have forgotten after years of tradition?
Something caught her ear. It was the crunching of leaves freshly fallen, but something was off. One, two, three . . . she counted. One two three . . . it was as if someone had three legs. She turned around, shocked to see her friend limping twards her, one leg held in the air. "I'm sorry I'm late. I sprained my ankle," he said. She rushed twards him. "What happened?" She asked, relieved. He went on to explain how sneaky rabbits are when they run, turning at just the right time for you to get your foot stuck in a hole. They began walking and found themselves at the front of a large house. "I'll stay back," he said. "Me and the owner of this house aren't on the best terms."
Fizzie darted twards the door and knocked three times as loudly as she could. "Trick or treat!" She yelled.

Any suggestions or advice on how to improve this? It doesn't feel quite right.

Clockwork

She/Her

I'm a proud freak with a bizarre obsession with Alexander Hamilton and anger at the incredibly inaccurate musical.

I'm still sending PMs and I'm trying to get pets from quitting users before they lose interest so the pets go back into the economy. I haven't quit per se, just changed motivation.
That means if you want my pets you can have them, if you need to get rid of stuff fast, I'll give them out, and if you need a friend I'm happy with random PMs. :)
~Clockwork~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:18 pm

musicgurl333 wrote:I would love some opinions on this costume. Is it too boring? I have a cute story idea for this dress up (although I'm worried it might end up being too long...so we'll see) but I'd love to know what people think of the costume first. It has a lot less detail than the costume that I used last year, but I'm not sure what to add. I don't want to throw on a bunch of items just for the sake of having more, but I also want something that will stand out. Does anyone have ideas of what I could add? Or should I choose something else entirely? I'd love to know what you think! :)

I can always enjoy simple costumes, sometimes people overload a pet with too many items and it makes the costume a little confusing. Personally, I always really enjoy doing a lot of scenery and background items, to kinda give a feel for the setting even though it doesn't actually add anything to the costume. Or maybe you could add some things that are mentioned in your story to tie the two together? Some stars in the sky of the background would look pretty cool, fill up some of the empty space without making it too cluttered.

~Clockwork~ wrote:
My Story wrote:No one with the slightest shred of dignity would go out on Halloween, Tibbles thought. He looked over at Fizzie. She ran around excitedly, sewing together feathers and running to get more, humming a tune that she made up as she went along. She always got exited about Halloween. On the day before October she always got very energetic, calling it "October Eve". The next day she would get out boxes and boxes of decorations she had made. Decorating seemed to be her favourite part. She would zip from one end of the room to the other, placing carved logs near the door and windows and hanging raven feathers in a chain from the straw ceiling. Next she would gather feathers and string and reeds and wood, making them into gremlins and wolves and other Halloween creatures. She then decorated him, which made it the absolute worst time of the year. If his fellow cats saw him in that ridiculous wig he would just about die. He slowly pulled it off his head, hoping his sister wouldn't notice. He then bolted twards the door. Fizzie didn't seem to notice, she was too busy sewing together what Tbbles thought was the most beautiful costume wing he had ever seen. He had to admit, she was quite the designer. Never would a feather from the small bird shop be wasted, and never would a dollar be spent on any decorations had one came from it.

Fizzie bolted out the door as fast as she could without letting the strings come lose on her home made costume. She went quickly but gracefully, as if the wings truly let her fly and her legs moveing were simply an illusion. She would make it to town by the time the moon passed the mountains in the background. I'll be there in time. I have to. She leaped backwards to stop, causing her wings to spread out. They were iridescent, shining with blue, white, green and yellow, held together by metal that could easily be mistaken for gold. It seemed like they were glowing in the now darkened night.
She looked around frantically, taking in everything around her. She saw the town just down the hill shining with the brightness of a star. She saw the creek near by, the willow tree resting its long fronds in the water. She saw a farm on the other end of the town full of more types of plants than she could ever guess. But what she didn't see was a cat, large and handsome, with eyes a deeper blue than the tips of her wings and a coat the color of a rain cloud during a thunderstorm, dappled with silver.
She sat by the willow tree thinking of their past. She thought about when she fell into that very creek when she was young and a long paw reached in and pulled her out. "Are you okay?" He had asked. His eyes were wide with the fear of her being harmed. "I'm fine," she murmured after a long moment.
That was the day she moved away. When she reached the end of the small clearing he grabbed her paw. "Wait," he said. "I need to know I'll see you again." She looked at him with a smile as wide as the Cheshire Cat. "Meet you here this time on Halloween," she suggested. She would always remember that precious moment in time when his lips formed into a smile matching hers in width. "See you tomorrow!" They met in that clearing every year since.
Something caught her ear. It was the crunching of leaves freshly fallen, but something was off. One, two, three . . . she counted. One two three . . . it was as if someone had three legs. She turned around, shocked to see her friend limping twards her, one leg held in the air. "I'm sorry I'm late. I sprained my ankle," he said. She rushed twards him. "What happened?" She asked, relieved. He went on to explain how sneaky rabbits are when they run, turning at just the right time for you to get your foot stuck in a hole. They began walking and found themselves at the front of a large house. "I'll stay back," he said. "Me and the owner of this house aren't on the best terms."
Fizzie darted twards the door and knocked three times as loudly as she could. "Trick or treat!" She yelled.

(took out the image to save space)

Well I'm not quite sure what the pet is dressed as, a bird? The story never says and it should really be included in there. And we don't allow the stories to include your pet trick or treating with someone else becuase to tends to make people feel like they have to give extra treats. I really like your story, it might just need some changing around. Maybe the two of them could split up and plan to meet back later?

Other than that though, I really like it! I really love how descriptive you are in your story.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Clockwork~ » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Celozon wrote:
musicgurl333 wrote:I would love some opinions on this costume. Is it too boring? I have a cute story idea for this dress up (although I'm worried it might end up being too long...so we'll see) but I'd love to know what people think of the costume first. It has a lot less detail than the costume that I used last year, but I'm not sure what to add. I don't want to throw on a bunch of items just for the sake of having more, but I also want something that will stand out. Does anyone have ideas of what I could add? Or should I choose something else entirely? I'd love to know what you think! :)

I can always enjoy simple costumes, sometimes people overload a pet with too many items and it makes the costume a little confusing. Personally, I always really enjoy doing a lot of scenery and background items, to kinda give a feel for the setting even though it doesn't actually add anything to the costume. Or maybe you could add some things that are mentioned in your story to tie the two together? Some stars in the sky of the background would look pretty cool, fill up some of the empty space without making it too cluttered.

~Clockwork~ wrote:

(took out the image to save space)

Well I'm not quite sure what the pet is dressed as, a bird? The story never says and it should really be included in there. And we don't allow the stories to include your pet trick or treating with someone else becuase to tends to make people feel like they have to give extra treats. I really like your story, it might just need some changing around. Maybe the two of them could split up and plan to meet back later?

Other than that though, I really like it! I really love how descriptive you are in your story.

I can see how group trick or treating could be a problem, and it makes sense to be unsure that mine is a bird since it's mostly done with antennas . . . :P
I'll change "her home made costume" to "her home made bird costume" and have them split up due to a fear of dogs.

Clockwork

She/Her

I'm a proud freak with a bizarre obsession with Alexander Hamilton and anger at the incredibly inaccurate musical.

I'm still sending PMs and I'm trying to get pets from quitting users before they lose interest so the pets go back into the economy. I haven't quit per se, just changed motivation.
That means if you want my pets you can have them, if you need to get rid of stuff fast, I'll give them out, and if you need a friend I'm happy with random PMs. :)
~Clockwork~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:42 pm

~Clockwork~ wrote:I can see how group trick or treating could be a problem, and it makes sense to be unsure that mine is a bird since it's mostly done with antennas . . . :P
I'll change "her home made costume" to "her home made bird costume" and have them split up due to a fear of dogs.

Yeah once you say its a bird costume in the story it'll be obvious, I just like to make sure there won't be any confusion so users don't complain "this person's costume isn't a real costume" even when it is, just cause they can't tell what it is. And that sounds good for the story too! That should fix everything. Sometimes I wish we didn't have to so strict on some of this stuff, but if there is one thing I'm adament about, its that users know and feel like they have a choice with the treats they give (or don't give). I hate to think that people feel forced to give something to someone else for free, when it should be the gifter's choice. I swear thats what half the rules are there for Cx
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:05 pm

@Celezon thanks for suggestions! I was thinking of background/scenery items, but somehow I didn't even think about adding stars. That was silly. :-P I may see if I can incorporate some items related to the story as well. :)
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flatterina » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:21 am

Are we allowed to post greeting stories in here too?
As in a story I write to answer a person who knocked on my door.
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me