Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby regigigas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:07 pm

"Let's go, Samson!" This was met with silence. Well- that was to be expected. The parasitic hair was merely a costume, despite how beautifully real it looked. She had spent a good while on making this, cramming attempt after attempt in a panic to be ready for the fateful day. Halloween! Some commented that Bug might be a bit too old to trick-or-treat now, but she disagreed. She looked young enough, (many mistook her to be a child) and who wouldn't want an excuse to get free candy? A duffel bag slung over her shoulder, she set out into the night, bidding a brief farewell to her roommates. They preferred to hang around and watch low-quality horror movies while simultaneously dumping loads of candy into the baskets of costumed children. It was quite a combination.

Bug stepped carefully in order to avoid the long tendrils of the wig that dragged along the sidewalk with her. She wanted to make it out of her neighborhood before she began, having a clean slate with every house was the funnest way to go. First one on the block seemed like a solid choice, so she padded up the stairs, and nosed the doorbell.

"Trick or treat!" She said, a gruff voice chiming in.
That.. was just a costume, right?

would this work? she's based off filia from skullgirls x
Imagechess
she/they/he
inactive, please don't offer on pets

regigigas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crassula » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:46 pm

i originally wanted to recreate steven universe on a pet , but i couldn't find enough items to tie it all together so i made this boy instead , still have to write his story though

he/they - adult
═══════════════
FRicon cred
Crassula

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jarra-Jen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:00 pm

spjcy wrote:
    i originally wanted to recreate steven universe on a pet , but i couldn't find enough items to tie it all together so i made this boy instead , still have to write his story though

aww~ he's precious!!

Oshawott8888 wrote:-snip-

also, does anyone know if there are any like
mom-y dresses or aprons or something?

idk about a mom-y dress exactly, but i always thought the gothic dress from halloween last year looked maid-like!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    anyways, it's my first year participate in lolo, so i wanted to swing by and have my story and trick-or-treater checked out before i submitted my form. feedback is appreciated!! i'm worried about it sounding a bit cliché in particular... also, is it a bit too long?
"Virgina was shaking, literally shaking. She wouldn't be that surprised if someone happened to mistake her for one of the many trembling leaves flying by that's what a nervous wreck she was. The street she was on was completely deserted, but behind her was the warm, welcoming front door she knew so well that she so badly wanted to rush back to, but her parents were there motioning her out onto the sidewalk, their smiles more suspicious than encouraging to her terrified mind. But still, she turned away slowly, taking a deep, shaky breath. But, she still felt deep in her heart that she might die tonight. She couldn't believe her mother and father, saying this sort of thing was fun and meant for small children like her. This was how you got murdered in her terrified mind! What was she doing alone on a darkening fall evening, knocking on strangers doors. She hugged Pleasent--her beloved, warn stuffed bear--very close to her chest and took a hesitant step on the sidewalk. A gust of wind burst up immediately and tore her hat from her head. She ran after it like it was a life-line, following the red shape to the end of the road. When she finally snatched it back up and forced it back on her head, she was nearly in tears. She dressed up as Santa to feel safe! Christmas was safe, so if she brought a little Christmas with her, maybe that would make Halloween safe, too. So what exactly did it mean if the wind took her hat from her? Was Santa mad at her? Was she in trouble?
A whimper came out involuntarily from her throat. She was going to die, she was sure.
Then, a familiar smell invaded her nose. Gingerbread. Her heart leapt and she got to her feet quickly. Was gingerbread a thing with Halloween, too? Snapping up her "trick or treat" bag (her stocking, because it's certainly safer) in her mouth, she trotted after the smell, her anxiety dripping away very slowly. Eventually, she lost track of the smell, but it was okay because now she felt more comfortable. This street had plenty of kids like her in all sorts of outfits. She thought she could even see another Santa! They were all making their way up to a particular house and she found herself getting swept up in the crowd. Giving one more nervous glance back, she took a deep breath and looked at the door: Trick or treat!"carraway
Jarra-Jen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oblique » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Hello!

I made a little rough draft for my trick-or-treater form, and I wanted to check it with you guys first. Any ideas of what I should add? Any suggestions? I want to make this nice and interesting for those that may end up reading it. After all, I don't think it would be fun for anyone if I were to bore people with my story!

Here's what I have so far:

A young wolf by the name of Wren hopped out the door, calling out a quick goodbye to her twin, Lila. With a small stuffed rooster in one paw and a bag of sunflower seeds (props, of course!) in the other, Wren made her way over to the first house.

On the way, the sweet little wolf noticed a fairly large group of cats walking over to the same house she was. Hoping to get there before they did, as it would probably get her better candy (who knows how much they would take?), Wren picked up her pace. It seemed the cats were doing the same, so the young female had no choice but to run if she wanted to get there in time. Feathers hastily glued to an old sweatshirt went flying, and she ended up dropping the bag of seeds. A quiet “darn it” could be heard from the wolf, but she continued running.
Unfortunately, the group managed to get there first, leaving poor Wren incredibly upset. Most of her feathers were missing, to the point that you could see her shorts underneath her costume, one of her props was gone entirely, and one of the talons on her costume had torn. Who would’ve thought a simple race for candy could do that? Ah, well.
Wren had turned around and was about to head home when she saw your house. It was incredible! Absolutely magnificent! Best of all, the largest groups were scattered around various other houses, rather than trying to get treats there. Padding forward, the slightly bedraggled wolf raised a now featherless paw up to the doorbell, pressing it lightly. Readjusting the goggles that held her mask together, she called out a fairly quiet,

”Trick or treat!”

Oh, and could I have a few opinions on my outfit? I did my best to fit the apparent lack of feathers where her shorts are work, but if they don't, they don't! I can always edit it a bit.
Sand | They/them | Nb | Really hecking gay
Flight Rising
Oblique

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seabird » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:12 am

@painwheel - The story itself is pretty good! However, I would probably mention who Bug is supposed to be dressed as with a link to an image of Filia. I didn't recognize her right away, since I don't really know what Skullgirls is.

@carraway - Aww, I love this story! It's really cute, and it's actually one of the more unique ones that I've been seeing! Love the creativity with the white stole in the dress-up as well. Just a quick note, some parts in the beginning sound a little awkward because of repeated "but"s or just weird wording, like in this one:
carraway wrote:She wouldn't be that surprised if someone happened to mistake her for one of the many trembling leaves flying by that's what a nervous wreck she was. The street she was on was completely deserted, but behind her was the warm, welcoming front door she knew so well that she so badly wanted to rush back to, but her parents were there motioning her out onto the sidewalk, their smiles more suspicious than encouraging to her terrified mind.
Just something you might want to look at for clarity!
You might want to add an extra space between paragraphs as well, just to make it a little easier to read.

Otherwise, I love your story and can't wait to see during the game. :3

@EchooftheWhiteWolf - Costume is immediately recognizable, so I think it's good to go! Love the little feathers around the "Trick or Treat?", it's a great touch! Your story is pretty good, and I love the addition of the "race" for candy! It adds a lot of charm. Personally, I would love to see some more details about the weather or the neighborhood itself, if you can. Extra spacing between paragraphs can help with making it easier to read. I also noticed you use the phrase "the wolf" or "the female" in place of "she" or "her" several times. While sometimes it can be good to vary up your word choice, make sure you don't go overboard! A couple of these can just be replaced with "she", "her", or just "Wren". Can't wait to see this story during the game as well!
ღღ Hiya, I'm Seabird! ღღ

ImageImageImageImageImage

Other Stuff wrote:ImageImage ImageImageImage

-------------------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
I love trades, feel free to send one!

☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
Seabird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:25 am

Image Image

Was thinking of making these two my tricksters. I was thinking they could be the brothers that cause wreck havoc?

Then I was thinking this could be my greeter?

Opinions would be nice c:!

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:46 am

Herringbone wrote:

i think they'd be wonderful for your responses! have you thought of any general ideas for what you'd like them to do/say?
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:55 am

SilentMelody wrote:
Herringbone wrote:

i think they'd be wonderful for your responses! have you thought of any general ideas for what you'd like them to do/say?

Not yet!
I also need some help on those ideas c:

I was thinking that since I have the outlook on the tricksters and the greeter being siblings, that I could somehow make that work.

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coraychi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:27 am

I think I'm finished with my story and costume!
Gonna post a link since it's a little long, but let me know what you guys think if you have the time to read it! :>
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3579528&p=112660075#p112660075

I need to name my ToTer and then get me greeters all done, and after that I'll probably submit my form!

#BlackLivesMatter ✊

Hey, I'm Erin!
You can call me Cora, if you prefer.
I've been on CS since 2009 but my activity is very on-and-off. I mostly hang around to adopt monthly pets and participate in a couple forum games! If you wanna chat, feel free to message me, but know that I'm pretty slow to reply most of the time!
Coraychi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:44 am

Coraychi wrote:I think I'm finished with my story and costume!
Gonna post a link since it's a little long, but let me know what you guys think if you have the time to read it! :>
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3579528&p=112660075#p112660075

I need to name my ToTer and then get me greeters all done, and after that I'll probably submit my form!

I think it looks good! I love the costume, and the story is fun to read ^^
(the coding in there looked like it needed a quick fix, at the end its has the end tags for the quote and center, and they just need to be switched so the center end tag is before the quote end tag)
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me