Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby Red Wagon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:17 am

Jayfeather's Stick wrote:Ah, is my Treat story okay? (aka the message I put when I give treats out) I need opinions!

ImageImageImage

tap... tap... tap. tap. tap. TAP. TAP. Noises of something--or someone walking get louder and louder. TAP. TAP. TAP... Creeeeeeek The door opens but nobody seems to be there. A swift breeze coming from the house pushes you backwards, and you shiver.
You notice on the door, there is bad handwriting that you can barley read.
A short dragon in a cloak and a large raven appear.
Behind them, there is a large candy bowl that not many have taken from,
so you can see that only those with the best costumes pass.

Now you could make out what the words on the door said,
"Those with great costumes succeed, those without costumes"
you couldn't read out the rest. You shiver in fear, knowing your
costume is good, but was it good enough?

ImageImageImage

The dragon approvingly nods at the raven several times and then
several times at you. "CAW! CAW-CAW!" the raven cawed
at you, and you step inside and walk towards the bowl. The dragon
takes the bowl/pillowcase and pours some of your favorite candies
into your basket. "Happy Halloween, -insert trick-or-treaters name-"
the Raven says, cocking his head back and laughs.
"Happy Halloween, -insert trick-or-treaters name-" the Dragon says and
pads away. The door shuts. creeeeeeeek. TAP.. TAP..
TAP... tap.... tap... tap. tap. tap.
The tapping stops and you move
on to the next house.

ImageImageImageImageImage

ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ
ᴛʀᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ ʙʏ
ᴊᴀʏғᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ's sᴛɪᴄᴋ

I'm currently working on my trick story, so I haven't given out any tricks

I like it! What I would add, is something about what the dragon sounded like? Does he have a rumbling, booming voice? How about a raspy one? Does it tell the reader anything about how old the dragon might be?
One thing I would change is how the dragon seems to repeat what the crow says at the end. Instead, maybe the crow still says. "happy Halloween, (trick or treater's name)," and the dragon says something mysterious, maybe (he) smiles, or maybe he just says "Have a good night."

Those are just suggestions, though. I really do like your treat message!
"The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start."
my signature is WIP
Red Wagon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rookie rook » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:41 am

MB20 wrote:
Cookie CandyEater wrote:I want to join LOLO this year and I was wondering if I'm allowed to have a treat-giver and a trick or treater. I also want to see if these costumes will be good enough
Trick or Treater(s):Image
Treat-giver(s):(if allowed)Image

Yes, you can have both and those dress-ups would definitely work, they look great!

Alright, thank you! I'll work on my stories now c:
rookie rook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QuiverandArrow » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:49 am

So I felt bad last year by giving out tricks. So I made my trick story pretty silly.
A small hamster races past you and out onto the street, laughing manically as a tall light grey and black wolf races to the door. "Catch that THING!" Trick-o-treaters on the sidewalk jump to move past as the little devil races away with a giant sack of candy. The hamster flings toilet paper at anyone who doesn't move by quickly enough and races out of sight. "Ah.... I'm sorry friend. I couldn't stop that little monster in time. I have no treats for you :(" The wolf somberly closes the door.

How is it? I didn't want people to feel bad about getting a trick and I didn't really want to regret giving them out. This was kinda the answer to my problem lol.
QuiverandArrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby james moriarty » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:26 pm

What are everyone's opinions on using the same story/dress up year to year? I've noticed that I've been using pretty much the same story for the past three or so years, and just revising it year to year. Same with the dress up. It's not because I don't want to write something new, necessarily, but I always use one of my favorite pets to trick-or-treat and it's been the same pet for the past few years.
james moriarty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyℓar. » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:39 pm

I made these for when I give out candy. I want to know if the story is fine and follows the rules, also maybe some pointers?

You've been Treated!
Amora looked out of the window and sighed. She watched as little kids walked up towards a house and with happy faces exclaiming "trick -or- treat". She, herself, wished to be trick -or- treating. But of course, she was too old to go, so her dad had put her to giving out candy. Then suddenly, "Ding Dong" went the bell. she sighed once more and opened the door. She looked at their costumes and tried to guess what their costume was after they had said their words. Then after that she poured some treats into each of their baskets.

You've been Tricked!
It was late at night Amora was almost asleep when the door bell rang. Who would be out trick -or- treating at this time she thought, as she walked towards the door and opened it. She looked at her bowl which was empty, and said to the trick -or- treater "Sorry I have no more candy you were too late" she said.
xxxxxxxxxzzxx𝐼'𝑀 𝑁𝑂𝑇 𝑆𝐶𝐴𝑅𝐸𝐷 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗞 !
█████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
𝑖'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔
── ( Skylar. She/Her Aquarius ) ─
██████████████████████████████ ██
XXX𝐍𝐎, 𝐈'𝐌 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋XXX
Currently inactive.
If you need to contact: arty-chan#0088.
XXXXX 𝐈'𝐌 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃, 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋 XXXXX
( Sweetens Happy Holidays! Pixels © )
██ ██████████████████████████████ 
x
𝑤𝘩𝑦 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟, 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟 𝑏𝑒 𝑎𝑓𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘?

X
Skyℓar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jpjamz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:34 pm

Listening to Sad Song by Scotty Sire and waiting for more tricks/treats to come in... It’s been pretty slow for a few days. Probably because I never post in the forums.
Image pisces sun,
ㅤtaurus rising,
ㅤpisces moon

Image autistic
Image any pronouns!!
Image writer
jpjamz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Sirius.B wrote:Listening to Sad Song by Scotty Sire and waiting for more tricks/treats to come in... It’s been pretty slow for a few days. Probably because I never post in the forums.

its been slow for me too. it is the school and work week now so that may have something to do with it... still, pretty slow.
    모든 data를 모아 mix it around Image
    >my sunshine / free palestine
    >blake/onion, it/its, adult!
    >rwby, kpop ggs, 2hu, splatoon!
    th / pound / carrd / en ᓚᘏᗢ
    like du du du du du! 🍊

sign a petition to lock certain items!
ImageImageImageImageImage
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby britneyrox » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:03 am

Anything. wrote:I made these for when I give out candy. I want to know if the story is fine and follows the rules, also maybe some pointers?

You've been Treated!
Amora looked out of the window and sighed. She watched as little kids walked up towards a house and with happy faces exclaiming "trick -or- treat". She, herself, wished to be trick -or- treating. But of course, she was too old to go, so her dad had put her to giving out candy. Then suddenly, "Ding Dong" went the bell. she sighed once more and opened the door. She looked at their costumes and tried to guess what their costume was after they had said their words. Then after that she poured some treats into each of their baskets.

You've been Tricked!
It was late at night Amora was almost asleep when the door bell rang. Who would be out trick -or- treating at this time she thought, as she walked towards the door and opened it. She looked at her bowl which was empty, and said to the trick -or- treater "Sorry I have no more candy you were too late" she said.

These look great! There are no rules regarding trick and treat stories so long as they follow general site rules.

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
feel free to pm me,
i don't mind at all c:
━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
Text
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════
─ amenra ─
═══════════════

╔════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
your touch
── i see ──
in your eyes

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝

britneyrox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:04 am

blakebelladonna wrote:
Sirius.B wrote:Listening to Sad Song by Scotty Sire and waiting for more tricks/treats to come in... It’s been pretty slow for a few days. Probably because I never post in the forums.

its been slow for me too. it is the school and work week now so that may have something to do with it... still, pretty slow.

A slow down is normal after the first week, it'll be more or less like this for the rest of the game (though probably noticed less after the Halloween event starts since most are busier getting tokens then), and there is always a bit of a rush at the end to get the last PMs out before the game is over ^^

My theory on why is so much busier the first week is cause we start out with already a good 300 people, all PMing each other and excited to get to start playing. By the time the second week comes along those who actively send out ToTs have already done most of the first 300 people, so after that your visitors tend to be primarily new people, and since we aren't getting another 300 people every week it seems to be a lot slower. But really its just cause the first week is a big rush to send out ToTs to everyone. //thats my theory anyway

And yes, posting more will help, but try to keep things on-topic to the conversation on the thread. Things like 'why is no one coming to my door' tend to get spammy very quickly. Its fine to say that type of thing, but just try to add something else that actually contributed to a conversation; check the past page and see if anyone was asking for opinions on something, or something that is being discussed that you could share your opinion on.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monomares » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:12 am

Celozon wrote:
blakebelladonna wrote:

A slow down is normal after the first week, it'll be more or less like this for the rest of the game (though probably noticed less after the Halloween event starts since most are busier getting tokens then), and there is always a bit of a rush at the end to get the last PMs out before the game is over ^^

My theory on why is so much busier the first week is cause we start out with already a good 300 people, all PMing each other and excited to get to start playing. By the time the second week comes along those who actively send out ToTs have already done most of the first 300 people, so after that your visitors tend to be primarily new people, and since we aren't getting another 300 people every week it seems to be a lot slower. But really its just cause the first week is a big rush to send out ToTs to everyone. //thats my theory anyway

And yes, posting more will help, but try to keep things on-topic to the conversation on the thread. Things like 'why is no one coming to my door' tend to get spammy very quickly. Its fine to say that type of thing, but just try to add something else that actually contributed to a conversation; check the past page and see if anyone was asking for opinions on something, or something that is being discussed that you could share your opinion on.

I'm still waking up to a decent number of ToTers because I only turn my lights on when I'm heading to bed.
    I usually turn them on within the half hour before I go to bed, and leave them on all night, so there's quite a few that haven't visited me yet x3
    Also, this strat stops me from getting overwhelmed during the day, and at night it's mostly just the night owls, so I usually only wake up to an average of 5 messages, recently a bit less though.
xxxxxiCome visit me on Lioden! ID 232339
iixxxxxcxix Leaving Indefinitely ❤
Monomares

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me