Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby rookie rook » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 am

I kind of want to mix both of my stories together but not make it incredibly long/as boring as they are
1st:"Tweedy, can you believe it?" A brown and grey, long-eared yorkshire spaniel asked her tiny yellow bird friend as she zoomed through the sky with her magic broom stick (which she totally didn't steal from her friend). Tweedy rode on her pink witch hat, excited to be out hunting down treats with his friend. "Can you believe that we were voted to be trick-or-treaters?"  
"Tweed, tweet!" The small bird replied, in two small chirps. 
"Yeah, exactly what I was thinking!" The dog said then looked around. "Uh... Tweedy, we've been flying for a bit. I think we passed by all the houses with their lights on."
"Tweed tweed?" 
"Yeah, I'll turn around. You start chirping like a mad dog when you see a house with their lights on!" Cookie (the dog) ordered her small, yellow, bird friend. 
"Chweet!" He responded, happily. The pair flew by multiple houses and homes until Tweedy began chirping. 
"Got one?" Cookie asked, trying her best to look at her chirping friend and drive. 
"Tweet! Tweet tweeet twweeeeet!" Tweedy chirped, and jumped off of Cookie's head. 
"O-okay, I'll just follow you then." Cookie stammered, then drove flew down to see the house her little buddy chose. 
Cookie landed on the ground then walked up to the house. Her friend was still chirping. She placed her (stolen) broom against the wall of the house then knocked on the door.  
"Trick or treat?" Cookie asked, half nervous, half excited to see what awaited behind the door. 
"Tweed twer tweeet?" Tweedy asked, curiously

2nd:A brown and gray yorkshire spaniel with a pink and purple witch costume flew through the sky with a broom (which totally was 'borrowed' from a real witch) and a small yellow bird on her purple hat. They were both excited to be celebrating their first Halloween and to be chosen as the trick-or-treaters.  
"Tweed! Tweety tweedy tweet!!" The chick chirped, frantically after a bit of hovering over houses. His job was to tell Cookie if he found a house and the dog's was to ask for treats and steer the broomstick.
"On it. Thanks, Tweedy." The yorkshire spaniel replied to her little feathered friend then dived down to a house with a "Lights On" sign, which was visible because the house, well, had their lights on.  
The dog approached the house with her bird friend still on her hat. Placing her (stolen) broomstick against the wall, she knocked on the door and with every knock she chanted, "We want something to eat, probably something sweet. Can Tweedy and Cookie have a treat?" 

Sorry that that's a lot to read D: That's why I shortened it in the second one but it's a bit too short.
rookie rook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halloween3110 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 pm

reb,, wrote:
@shush

the mod who reviewed my form didn't have a problem with the dressup.
the only thing that got it declined was that i didn't
clearly state what what my costume name was, samara wasn't
my real intention anyways. but i can see why they'd still have
a problem with it i guess.
-- we'll just have to wait and see ? hopefully they'll just allow
me to change the name again and not have the entire costume redone
if all else fails.

The wounded Angel Samara/ or Gabriel perhaps after fighting the good fight against demons? - hence the bandages.........
halloween3110

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jpjamz » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Sirius.B wrote:
Sarcastic Hawke wrote:I like to leave my lights on while I sleep to try and garner more Trick-or-Treaters x^D Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it's really fun to wake up to a bunch of messages! I know some people don't like that sort of things but it's definitely right up my alley. I prefer this to one or two trickling in while I'm online. I also haven't shut my lights off since the event started; I likely won't unless something comes up and I have to stay offline for a few days.

Though it's going to get rough once the CS Halloween Event comes out...trades are going to be MUCH more hectic after that, and I know I'll struggle to keep those and LoLo stuff straights x^/ Anyone have a good system for this?

In other news, all these greeter stories are so cute! <3 I love them! It makes it even more exciting when I see trades waiting for me.

Oh, man.. Last time I was active before this year was during the 2012 Halloween event, and I don't even remember much of it. All I did was collect a few tokens.. Now I'm actually going to fully participate. Do a lot of people try to trade you during the event? And for what?
Image pisces sun,
ㅤtaurus rising,
ㅤpisces moon

Image autistic
Image any pronouns!!
Image writer
jpjamz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby w0ah » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:31 pm

@siruis.b :
      yes, lots of users tend to trade during the event to get all of the outcomes possible ( although it is completely your choice if you want to trade ). most are trading for the special pets and items that they've missed from a day of the event, for these are things that cannot be bought using more tokens. you'll see when the time comes around and everyone is trading. it's like the race for all of the staff pets multiplied my five. ( lol )
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jpjamz » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:12 pm

rose gold, wrote:
      @siruis.b :
      yes, lots of users tend to trade during the event to get all of the outcomes possible ( although it is completely your choice if you want to trade ). most are trading for the special pets and items that they've missed from a day of the event, for these are things that cannot be bought using more tokens. you'll see when the time comes around and everyone is trading. it's like the race for all of the staff pets multiplied my five. ( lol )

Wow, that... sounds stressful. :lol: I didn’t realize we get pets daily.
Image pisces sun,
ㅤtaurus rising,
ㅤpisces moon

Image autistic
Image any pronouns!!
Image writer
jpjamz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:04 pm

So uh, little late posting them but I wanted to answer it ^^

What is LOLO to you?

LOLO is so many different things to me its hard to describe. I sometimes joke that its a love/hate thing for me, its a /lot/ of work, and sometimes it can feel its not worth it. I'll get really frustrated sometimes, or someone will spend paragraph upon paragraph complaining about how I run it. But truth is I wouldn't give it up, and it always feels really great to see all the people who look forward to it every year, and when I can see that someone is really enjoying it. I look forward to it every year, and I'm really glad I'm able to host this.

So I guess to me, LOLO is, getting to do that. Getting to make something that can bring people together that might not normally ever visit the same areas of the forums, get to bring something that makes people happy, lets people share some creativity (and free pets is never bad). Wow uh all of this sounds super cheesy sorry um, LOLO is special to me. Its not just running a thread and making sure rules are followed. I've seen it cause me to grow as a person, and its great to see how others have grown when they return every year. I can't really say LOLO is any specific /thing/ to me, more like a feeling. A good, if sometimes conflicted, feeling.

james moriarty wrote:What are everyone's opinions on using the same story/dress up year to year? I've noticed that I've been using pretty much the same story for the past three or so years, and just revising it year to year. Same with the dress up. It's not because I don't want to write something new, necessarily, but I always use one of my favorite pets to trick-or-treat and it's been the same pet for the past few years.

I can't say I'm as fond of re-using stories and dressups. I know the feeling of wanting to re-use one you really like, but I also prefer to make a new one cause I want to push myself to make better one. I like my greeter story this year a lot more than last year, and I'm glad I made a new one even though I was unsure about it at first. And when I see re-used stuff, I don't usually bother to read the story cause I'll know I've already read it before, just feels a little lackluster, I usually just give a regular treat for those even if the dressup is nice. Thats just me though, and there are always plenty of new people each year so its new to them, and I know others don't actually mind seeing re-used stuff ^^

Sirius.B wrote:
rose gold, wrote:
      @siruis.b :

Yup we do get daily pets/items, usually a free litter/item box plus one or two token trade ins each day. But you don't have to get active in the trading scene if you don't want to. Its normally easy to swap the free stuff if you miss something from those. And the token pets are not too hard to get one of each if you spend a few hours a day on CS (or just pop on every 20 min for a banner). Some people will wait till the very end of the event to trade in for any of the token pets, so thats an option if you don't know what you want to spend them on right away. The pets won't go away until several days after the event ends (aka when there are no more token banners and new pets).

I know some people are /very/ active when it comes to trading during the event, but its by no means necessary. There will also be a lot of art shops open who will take tokens as payment, so if thats something you are interested in you can save some tokens for that.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyℓar. » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Celozon wrote:So uh, little late posting them but I wanted to answer it ^^

What is LOLO to you?

LOLO is so many different things to me its hard to describe. I sometimes joke that its a love/hate thing for me, its a /lot/ of work, and sometimes it can feel its not worth it. I'll get really frustrated sometimes, or someone will spend paragraph upon paragraph complaining about how I run it. But truth is I wouldn't give it up, and it always feels really great to see all the people who look forward to it every year, and when I can see that someone is really enjoying it. I look forward to it every year, and I'm really glad I'm able to host this.

So I guess to me, LOLO is, getting to do that. Getting to make something that can bring people together that might not normally ever visit the same areas of the forums, get to bring something that makes people happy, lets people share some creativity (and free pets is never bad). Wow uh all of this sounds super cheesy sorry um, LOLO is special to me. Its not just running a thread and making sure rules are followed. I've seen it cause me to grow as a person, and its great to see how others have grown when they return every year. I can't really say LOLO is any specific /thing/ to me, more like a feeling. A good, if sometimes conflicted, feeling.

james moriarty wrote:What are everyone's opinions on using the same story/dress up year to year? I've noticed that I've been using pretty much the same story for the past three or so years, and just revising it year to year. Same with the dress up. It's not because I don't want to write something new, necessarily, but I always use one of my favorite pets to trick-or-treat and it's been the same pet for the past few years.

I can't say I'm as fond of re-using stories and dressups. I know the feeling of wanting to re-use one you really like, but I also prefer to make a new one cause I want to push myself to make better one. I like my greeter story this year a lot more than last year, and I'm glad I made a new one even though I was unsure about it at first. And when I see re-used stuff, I don't usually bother to read the story cause I'll know I've already read it before, just feels a little lackluster, I usually just give a regular treat for those even if the dressup is nice. Thats just me though, and there are always plenty of new people each year so its new to them, and I know others don't actually mind seeing re-used stuff ^^

Sirius.B wrote:
rose gold, wrote:
      @siruis.b :

Yup we do get daily pets/items, usually a free litter/item box plus one or two token trade ins each day. But you don't have to get active in the trading scene if you don't want to. Its normally easy to swap the free stuff if you miss something from those. And the token pets are not too hard to get one of each if you spend a few hours a day on CS (or just pop on every 20 min for a banner). Some people will wait till the very end of the event to trade in for any of the token pets, so thats an option if you don't know what you want to spend them on right away. The pets won't go away until several days after the event ends (aka when there are no more token banners and new pets).

I know some people are /very/ active when it comes to trading during the event, but its by no means necessary. There will also be a lot of art shops open who will take tokens as payment, so if thats something you are interested in you can save some tokens for that.

yes it is true that a lot of people do tend to trade a lot during an event and its very true. i was seriosly stress for the the lost city event cuz since it was my first event I WANTED to collect all of the pets! I did collect all of the pets , however now, I really don't care about the pets anymore so I've been trading them.
xxxxxxxxxzzxx𝐼'𝑀 𝑁𝑂𝑇 𝑆𝐶𝐴𝑅𝐸𝐷 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗞 !
█████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
𝑖'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔
── ( Skylar. She/Her Aquarius ) ─
██████████████████████████████ ██
XXX𝐍𝐎, 𝐈'𝐌 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋XXX
Currently inactive.
If you need to contact: arty-chan#0088.
XXXXX 𝐈'𝐌 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃, 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋 XXXXX
( Sweetens Happy Holidays! Pixels © )
██ ██████████████████████████████ 
x
𝑤𝘩𝑦 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟, 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟 𝑏𝑒 𝑎𝑓𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘?

X
Skyℓar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby britneyrox » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:09 pm

I would be curious to hear some answers to this!

Code: Select all
      [b]What inspired your trick-or-treater? Is is based off of yourself? A real life pet? Let me know![/b]
Last edited by britneyrox on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
feel free to pm me,
i don't mind at all c:
━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
Text
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════
─ amenra ─
═══════════════

╔════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
your touch
── i see ──
in your eyes

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝

britneyrox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kia_Bee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:12 pm

What inspired your trick-or-treater? Is is based off of yourself? A real life pet? Let me know!

It's a bit of inspired by and a bit of me as well. I LOVE the Phantom of the Opera and thought that the star dog from the summer space event would be perfect for the Phantom.
Image -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_Image_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Bumblebee, there is only one| You got people out there| This is how we stop them.
way to end this war, you must| who need you.| You’ve got me, and I’m not going anywhere
protect earth and its people.| This is why you’re here, Bee.
C_R
Image. Image. Image
Kia_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reigncat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:16 pm

What inspired your trick-or-treater? Is is based off of yourself? A real life pet? Let me know!

So mine is Princess Leia.

I was trying to do a geeky (-ish) costume that would sort of represent me. And I came up with a Jedi. But, my friends thought it was Princess Leia and as I thought about it, Princess Leia would be a very nice costume to both honor Carrie Fisher and represent my love for Star Wars. And while we're at it, I might as well explain the rest. Messing around with wigs to get her signature bun look was difficult and finding an appropriate costume was difficult. I just knew that a light saber had to be included. Then, Ethulai's lovely staff pet grew and it reminded me of Princess Leia in the award ceremony. And I found a wizard robe like her signature white tunic. Everything just fell in place then.And the whole process was super fun especially the writing part so this is a must do for next year ^^
Reigncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me