The Eurovision Fanclub!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Eurovision Fanclub!

Postby Bilaz » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:06 am

Welcome! :D Glad you finally found us. ^^
Oh I definitely see what you mean! My favourite is currently France though but honestly I alway have so much trouble deciding which song is my favourite xD. I usually realize what song I wanted to vote for a few days after the contest is over.
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inspector_Javert » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:11 pm

Lunar Kitty wrote:
Lunar Kitty wrote:Hahahaha! I remember that, when I was a Hetalian I could never choose who to vote for either! :D

I personally don't have a favourite language to listen too, I love them all. Usually what I do is when I like a Eurovision song I try and find out if the artist wrote and performed a version of it in their native language. ^^

Lotus Petal wrote:
Is this the first year Australia is participating, or the second?

It's the third actually. They first participated in 2015. :)

Just thought you guys should know this since it concerns Eurovision winners:
Alexander Rybak voices Hiccup in the Norwegian dub of How to Train your Dragon and Dima Bilan voices Hans in the Russian dub of Frozen. How do I know this? Tumblr :lol:

I really want an animated movie featuring a Norwegian character voiced by Alex and a Russian character voiced by Dima now that I know this to be honest. OH and a Swede voiced by Måns! Please! I need this! :o xD

Yuri on ice with Alex Dina and mans? :p

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Inspector_Javert | She/They | Artist
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
Furry | Gremlin
I've been on this site for too long, help

╚═════════════════════════╝

SIGNATURE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
(plz excuse the mess)
Inspector_Javert

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby City_Lights » Tue May 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Ohmygod the first semi final is todayyyyyyyy.

I woke up at 2 am and only got 4 hrs of sleep because I had butterfliesin my stomach ahhhhhh
Current Collecting Goal: All the Hammies and Guinea Pigs! :D

My Trade Thread

~Dragon Cave Clickables!~ (feel free to pm me for clickbacks)

City_Lights

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Fri May 12, 2017 8:50 pm

BELARUS QUALIFIED! I'm so happy! :D
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autobot. » Sun May 14, 2017 8:38 pm

~small rant~
Does anyone else here HATE portugals song?
How did they EVEN WIN?

I think Norway, Cyprus, or Sweden and other great countries with their AMAZING songs should have won!

*coming from an Irish teen*
autobot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mad Girl » Mon May 15, 2017 2:07 am

I still can't believe Portugal won, Salvador totally deserved it, first time we win! And I honestly don't care about all the hate he is getting, his win was totally fair, unfortunately when a small country wins, all we get is hate, same thing happened on the Euro last year, we are used to it and I'm kinda perplexed to see how many people misunderstood his speech, when did he say the other songs were not good? Really, people? :roll: I bet if France or the UK made the same speech, no one would misunderstood it. :lol:
We won it for the first time, ever, we didn't even made it to the finals for the last 6 years, can't we just have a nice thing for once?
I really enjoyed Croatia, Ukraine and The Netherlands (The lyrics was pretty nice, to be honest?) as well.
Moldova was so funny, I really loved the dance, even though the music wasn’t of my taste, but the dance was really nice, and the lyrics made me laugh so much, I’m not surprised they got the 3rd place, I honestly get why. :)

The ones I liked the least were: Germany (I don’t know…it just didn’t catch my ear????), Italy, Bulgaria and the last one I can’t remember where he was from anymore. :/ Must watch it again to find out. But still, not bad.

And as for Spain, this is probably a very uncommon opinion, but I honestly don’t think their music was that bad? It was quite nice, not the best perfomance, but I liked the music itself.
The Mad Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eleya » Mon May 15, 2017 3:08 am

Hey there :3
Im also a huge song contest fan, and stalked this thread for a while now. Since this years song contest is over now, I wanted to share my opinions with you.

As for the winning song from Portugal:
I really liked the melody. I somehow thought it would be a great Disney song, but I dont really know why... For a scene playing near a river or maybe the sea. In a night where you can see the stars, or many candles lighten up the dark. Ah well, thats waht I saw... A beautiful song, and a well deserved win. I just didnt get the message probably? He said something about feelings, but I felt he overdid it a bit? Or did I miss something? I didnt understand the lyrics, thats why I cant say what this song is about, I just liked the melody I guess. I just couldnt look at him while he was singing... It was a little to weird for me... But If I missed a message behing this, please tell me. I still feel he deserved to win! And Im really happy Portugal won! Congrats guys!

My personal favourites were:
First of all Croatia! He was so brilliant! I loved how he sang with two different voices. And especially the second one (Im missing the words to describe it...). Wow, simply wow!
Second Belgium. Her voice is amazing, and the song absolutely touched me. It made me get goosebumps. Really loved that song. And she is 17.
Third I really liked Moldova. It was so fun! Not a highly brilliant song, but lots of fun to listen to.
Romania was fun aswell. I still have it in my ear. Also quite liked Hungary and Belarus. Thumbs up for singing in your native language! We should do so too more often. And when I say we, I mean Austria. Nathan Trent was unknown to me until the song contest came close. But he did well I think. The song wasnt that bad. Sadly he got no points from the televoting :c
Oooh, and I loved Italy! Great lyrics, and very catchy.
Cyprus and Norway wernt that bad either. But also not that special.

My least favourite songs:
Germany... Sorry neighbours, but I didnt like the song at all... I couldnt even sing it right now, because I forgot it right afterwards...
France was quite the same... No memory of it. Simply didnt get my taste.
Ukraine and Azerbaijan were not what Id normally listen to. They might have been good, but its not the music I like...
Oh and Spain... This song started so well. Spanish is a great language for songs! Why have an english part in it? Totally ruined the whole song! And he was quite an eye catcher as well ;3

Comming to eyecatchers. Im a little in love with Isaiah. He reminded me a bit of Alex??? I dont know why... But well, a cute young guy with quite a good voice. Not the song Id love, but there have been worse^^

Okay, so thats my opinion on this years song contest. Ah one more thing: I think it was way better than last years. Dont remember more than two songs... Ours and Frans. Because they were in Austrias raido. I feel I keep more songs in mind from this year. I also liked more. Looking forward to Portugal next year!

@The Mad Girl: If you have any help on what Salvadors message was, please tell me. Also what the lyrics were about. They always talked about the meaning behind the italian song, but not about Portugal. And again, congrats on winning! And please tell me the last one you didnt like wasnt Nathan xD
@Lunar Kitty: And they well deserved it! It was a nice song, and I loved it how they sang in their native language!
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mad Girl » Mon May 15, 2017 5:25 am

It wasn't Nathan, actually, his perfomance was pretty amazing and beautiful. :thumbup:
I will listen to the musics later today and find out the country, for now I can't really remember who was it, but I remember it was a man.
I kinda of got that Disney feeling from his music as well, that's what makes it so magical for me.

This person here made a really good point of view about Salvador's speech and it's exactly how I felt about it: http://ecchijesus.tumblr.com/post/16064 ... nce-speech
But the biggest problem here is the fact that english is not his native language, that means he had some trouble expressing himself, which is normal, I have hard times sometimes too, maybe he could have said it better, but it wasn't meant to bash the other songs of this amazing festival, so, he was extremely misunderstood, he is a very nice person, extremely kind and very true to himself, of course I don't know him personally, but I've been following him for years now, I don't really understand why people took it to the personal side, he didn't even mention the other songs. :cry:
He has a serious heart condition and he is actually at risk, that's why he didn't had that hyped reaction most people would have, unfortunately it would be dangerous to him, so he had to content himself, he is not autistic just like people are now saying all over the social networks, honestly that made me really sad, to read such horrible things. :(
I just can't understand all the hate towards him? I mean, not liking his music is totally okay, but hating on him like this is not reasonable, at all. Mainly when every country talked about how amazing his song was, mainly on Youtube, then he wins and everyone gets salty and mad at him? That doesn't make any sense.

By the way, the music has a very powerful meaning, it was written by his sister, lyrically, the song is about a lost love and the continuous search to find it, however, there is a much stronger meaning behind the song, about the Sobral sibilings and Salvador's heart condition, that's why the song is called "Loving for us both" and there is a line that says "My heart can love for us both", oh god, it's hard to explain and express myself. :oops:
I found this drawing of him that actually seems to be able to explain it much better than I can :lol: :
The Mad Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Tue May 16, 2017 7:39 pm

Awww, I love the art. :D I'm so happy for him that he won! And also Bulgaria and Moldova for getting 2nd and 3rd! To be perfectly honest I really really enjoyed a lot of the performances this year, it was such a good year! :D I think Belarus and France deserved more points but hey, that's a minor complaint. Great show this year!
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inspector_Javert » Wed May 17, 2017 3:48 am

*dabs*
The only good thing this year was måns in the interval skit.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Inspector_Javert | She/They | Artist
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
Furry | Gremlin
I've been on this site for too long, help

╚═════════════════════════╝

SIGNATURE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
(plz excuse the mess)
Inspector_Javert

My pets
My items