Voltron: Legendary Defender » Fanclub V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ᐯOᒪTᖇOᑎ ᒪEGEᑎᗪᗩᖇY ᗪEᖴEᑎᗪEᖇ

Postby Brainiac5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:14 am

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ wrote:
Honestly, every ship has hate to some extent.

It's not worth it to dwell on the hate- only about half of it is ever even well constructed anyway. Hate primarily based on "I don't like xyz so everyone who does is evil" isn't valid imo. I'm the type of person who want's real reasons for it. Hit me with some facts as to why the ship is wrong, and I may consider them, but otherwise people need to pipe it on down.

I know I've said so in some way here before, but these ships, and the shows themselves, are Fiction. If your life is such that you gotta get a bug up your butt about purely fictional ships, than your life needs some revision.

Note that I'm not trying to pick at anyone on this thread at all- I'm just being kinda blunt here.

We share this outlook and I like knowing I’m with civilized people on this thread who don’t tear each other apart over ships. It’s nice.

Also my friend and I may have headcanoned an epic duel between Zarkon and Lotor back when Lotor was like a teenager and then I was like
But isn’t that too similar to Zuko?
So like I’m torn? But it’s also central to this fan fiction scenario I’m working on in my head? So like??
I admit the idea is based mostly around shirtless Lotor but anyway
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:30 am

I have to pop back in here once I watch the new season.
I am prepared to be shook by S5 of ATLA in space. :lol:

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby callowsGalivants » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:44 am

Dawnstorm111 wrote:Are you up to date || Yes
Favorite Character || Pidge (aka Katie :D)
Favorite Paladin || Pidge
Favorite Lion || Red Lion
Your Ships || Pidge x Keith (I'm weird ok) Allura x Lotor
Other || Ahhhh Pidge is the best :)

Hello, hello~! :D
Nothing weird about Keith/Pidge~! Both of your ships are favorites of mine as well~ <3

Also, Pidge is the best~! <3
Why friend, my name is Tyrian.

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Pidge/Shiro (VLD)
callowsGalivants

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azphen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:04 am

d,va wrote:
    i have no problems with canon x oc, only if it's an unlikely relationship lol.

@ lotor discussion
    (spoilers!)
    i really hope he doesnt betray them. every time he was on screen i literally screamed "get out" followed by a number of curse words,
    but he turned out to be really nice?

also,
    does anyone have any idea what the allura/lotor ship hate is about?
    people seem to hate it, but if allura was uncomfortable she wouldn't have been alone with lotor for the last few episodes of the season. i dont see why its suddenly an issue.

I believe the Lotura hate is due to this:
    1. Lotor is a villain
    2. He's tried to kill the paladins many times
    3. He's manipulating the team (I'll explain in further detail if necessary)

ImageImage
xxxxxxxxcall me azphen, az, lance—xxxxxxxx
whatever you want.

he/him. i like collecting things
Azphen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mandalorian » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:36 am

i looked on tumblr and saw those reasons. i think my problem with the hate is this:
    there's obviously something happening with lotor that we dont see. the creators of the show wouldnt push lotura so hard only to say "just kidding, it was toxic and lotor was lying the entire time!"
    because it's a children's show.
    i'm lowkey tired of turning and seeing "oh my god lotor is evil because i think he is and my opinion is right and everyone else's sucks!"
    because i dont ship lotura myself, but there's good people who do. it's not illegal (like some ships in the show, coughs) and allura is comfortable around lotor. if it turns out lotor is manipulative, then uh ... ew. but let's not forget that allura's introduction literally had her try to break lance's arm and she's incredibly mean to him in all seasons but five (hurray for character development) and people have no problem with that ship?
    that's my take on it! sorry if it seemed like i was throwing shade lol.

also - welcome new member! sorry you had to walk in on ship discourse, the worst kind
mandalorian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azphen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:58 pm

@d,va

Hi! I'm really sick today so my response may be a bit incoherent... sorry about that ^^;
    Lotor was shown from the very beginning to be a manipulative character who will do anything to get what he wants - the scene of his fight with the White Lion, in contrast to all of his previous actions in the season and Allura's fight w/ the lion, was very symbolic and showed his core traits. A villain such as him cannot suddenly become "good", not to mention the fact that if he truly had pure intentions and became a hero... we wouldn't have a main villain for the show, as arguable as that statement may be. Also, this show is full of plot twists (which aren't ever really plot twists), so pushing Lotura and Lotor's alleged redemption would supply the twist that writers love to implement into VLD.
    Just like all my other posts on this topic, I'd go into more detail if necessary but I don't expect anyone to read an entire essay lmao, especially if my brain is barely working at the moment.
    Now, in response to your interpretation of Lance & Allura's dynamic... she's never been mean to him?? Unimpressed at his flirting, sure, but never mean. Not to mention that her trying to break his arm upon meeting him is completely justified - Lance was a stranger who had, seemingly, broken into her castle and then held her in his arms once she fell out of the pod. Allura was in a confused daze due to being in a deep, ageless sleep for 10,000 years after her own father used magic to make her lose consciousness. The only reason I've seen (until I read your reply) to why some people are uncomfortable with Allurance at all is because they don't want the idea that "if you keep flirting with a girl she'll eventually like you" to be normalized or validated, which is completely understandable.

Once again, my sincerest apologies if this response is difficult to understand. Once I'm feeling better and have a clearer mind, I'll correct any errors I see.

ImageImage
xxxxxxxxcall me azphen, az, lance—xxxxxxxx
whatever you want.

he/him. i like collecting things
Azphen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mandalorian » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:29 pm

no problem.
    i think a thing we should all remember is that good can turn from evil and evil can turn from good in a snap. that's what happened with zarkon. lotor was raised in an empire that was created to kill; that's their sole purpose. to take over the galaxy and kill those who stand in their way. i believe it's obvious that's going to rub off on lotor.
    the show does have a main villain right now - has everybody forgotten about haggar?
    the writers of voltron really love to push character development. that's what makes the show so fun to watch; lance went from being stuck up to showing that he is an actual person with insecurities and a personality besides "i love girls lol!" and shiro went from "i love my team mates!" to "i hate everybody, this team sucks and I AM THE LEADER NOT YOU!" so obviously. they like to change things around. that's why i dont think lotor is gonna suddenly snap and decide to kill voltron. it wouldn't progress him at all. he has them on his side and they can easily be the worlds greatest danger if he wanted them to be; he's made it clear he just wants to turn the world back into it's peaceful state. if he hadn't wanted to do that, he could've literally killed the paladins off first opportunity he gets; starting with allura and then everybody else. it'd be so easy for him to do, because we saw how much strength he possesses when he took down zarkon.
    i could care less about lotura; but i refuse to believe that "once a villian, always a villian" is going to be used here.
    and - just to point out - there's been plenty of times in the show where, not just allura, has been mean to lance. the entire cast of the show is incredibly dismissive of him and his feelings and have been for the whole five seasons. i mean, the only time he actually opened up was to keith, who told him not to worry about it, and then he cried in one of the season five episodes and everyone laughed at him without actually comforting him, even though it's reinforced the entire show he really misses his family. seeing lance express emotions like that isn't usual but the paladins brush it off and laugh at his worries; but people still insist that "pidge/lance will be canon!" (just an example) even though pidge calls him ignorant for respecting her identity in her vlog.
    sorry for the essay ;; i may have gotten side-tracked with lance. i love my space boy a heckin lot (but that isnt what this is about oops)
    i just really hate it when i witness someone go "i like -insert ship here-" and a user begins attacking them because "my opinion is the best obviously!!" that's the point i was trying to say in the beginning sorry ;; i shouldnt have brought this up at all
mandalorian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Egg With Legs » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:25 pm

Throwing in my 2 cents here, been floating round this place for a while, observing. If the writers are gonna keep Lothor a villain, and there’s a bit of an if there, I think he might be trying to pull a Hans. Keeping impressions that he’ll be a good king (ex. Take steps back from slave trade, put a pause to the border expansion, etc), building a rapport with the other pilots, maybe even try and get together with Allura (sure, may make his chances of getting legiticamy to the throne through the empire nil, but it’ll win him approval abroad). Meanwhile, on the down-low, he could be keeping in touch with more extreme favtions of the empire (ex. Build following amongst druids, citing status as Zarkon’s son, etc). Then, when all the pieces are in place, BAM! Betrayl of the century, and (hopefully), a significant portion of the Empire added to his own. And, if he kills some of the pilots, even better.

Course, thats just my opinion on the matter. Maybe I’m overthinking things.
Bizarre person with a bizarre taste in everything.
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naxa » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:04 am

sharpshooter wrote:
d,va wrote:
    i have no problems with canon x oc, only if it's an unlikely relationship lol.

@ lotor discussion
    (spoilers!)
    i really hope he doesnt betray them. every time he was on screen i literally screamed "get out" followed by a number of curse words,
    but he turned out to be really nice?

also,
    does anyone have any idea what the allura/lotor ship hate is about?
    people seem to hate it, but if allura was uncomfortable she wouldn't have been alone with lotor for the last few episodes of the season. i dont see why its suddenly an issue.

I believe the Lotura hate is due to this:
    1. Lotor is a villain
    2. He's tried to kill the paladins many times
    3. He's manipulating the team (I'll explain in further detail if necessary)

Tbh, I hate Lotura as well for those reasons, and one more.

In the original Voltron, Lotor was always trying to force Allura to love him and kidnap her. I never liked the old Lotor because he was so plain but now I'm getting used to him but I still wouldn't say he's the best. Shallura will always be otp, along with Plance.
Also, in my opinion Allura is too quick to trust strange people, I mean she trusted two thieves over Hunk's judgement which ended in the blue lion almost getting stolen(I know technically that was more Lance's fault) and then she trusted strange alteans from another world over Keith's judgement which again...didn't end well...

But heeeeeeeeeey, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
____________________I'm here to save you____________________
Naxa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naxa » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:00 am

Has anyone else seen this?