Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub V1

Postby polerberr » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:45 pm

I don't think it's fair to call the raid system a massive step backwards, unless you're only looking at the perspective of making the game more playable for rural players.

The raid system caused a massive revival of the game, especially when legendaries were thrown into the mix, so in terms of success, the game took a step forward if anything.

Not to devalue how boring the game is for rural players. It's basically impossible to do anything significant if you don't have enough players where you live, and Niantic absolutely needs to focus more on that aspect now that the urban players are busy.

On another note, looks like people participating in the Pikachu Outbreak event in Japan are getting shiny Pikachu. I wonder if that means all shinies are coming soon, or at least they might make shiny Pikachu global after the event.
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:48 pm

How often do you play Pokemon GO? Less or more than when you started?

I definitely play less than before, but that is mostly because my Pokédex is almost full. No need to hunt for hours for candy to finally evolve them.

I'm a collector, so I only play when there's something to collect that I need. I've ignored most of the raids except for Magikarp (= candy & chance for Shiny Magikarp) and Croconaw (= still need the candy) before we got the Legendaries.

Since I know have all Legendaries I'll play less again until we get new Legendaries or the 3rd Gen. *lol*

I do like the raids though - Lv 1 and 2 can be done solo even with a lower level and you can get good Pokemon, nice items and of course XP and candy. The starter pokemon can mostly be found through raids now and aren't extremely rare anymore. It was so difficult to get the 1st Gen starters. =_=
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:20 am

polerberr wrote:I don't think it's fair to call the raid system a massive step backwards, unless you're only looking at the perspective of making the game more playable for rural players.

The raid system caused a massive revival of the game, especially when legendaries were thrown into the mix, so in terms of success, the game took a step forward if anything.

Not to devalue how boring the game is for rural players. It's basically impossible to do anything significant if you don't have enough players where you live, and Niantic absolutely needs to focus more on that aspect now that the urban players are busy.

On another note, looks like people participating in the Pikachu Outbreak event in Japan are getting shiny Pikachu. I wonder if that means all shinies are coming soon, or at least they might make shiny Pikachu global after the event.

The raids brought back many of the gym glitches that seemed to be fixed, though.
Plus its not like I live deep in the middle of nowhere. My city is the countries 3rd largest, and even when visiting our capital city, any legend raids we came across had no groups of players near. Its terrible timing to release raids when most players barely even played anymore, and I honestly havent seen a big increase at all.
The europe events arent happening in a single one of our cities, too. Which makes me feel like they are simply favoring some countries above others.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Easterrabbit2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:29 am

How often do you play Pokemon GO? Less or more than when you started?

Well I play less now because school and I need to conserve data now a days...
In other news:

My app FINALLY worked again today!! YAY

ITS BEEN MONTHS!!
Hello, I'm Easterrabbit2! I'm a mobile user. I've been a member since 2016! I don't log in as often anymore but I'll never miss an event, especially Easter :3
Former artist/moderator of Pixel Pups (you will be missed o7)
I drew my own pfp!!

Easterrabbit2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:02 am

I'm not even sure how to react to "exclusive raids". Just... what? Really Niantic? Like it wasn't hard enough to get the birds and Lugia...

So, this is what is neccesary to get a Mewtwo:

Manage to find enough people to do raids in your city at least once a day, hope and pray that one of the raids you do gets you an invite to a Mewtwo raid, be able to make it to the raid when it starts, hope and pray that enough other people also got the invite and are also able to attend the raid, hope you manage to take it down before the timer runs out, and then get a small shot at catching it.

Welp.
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sharkbuddie » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:06 am

username; nagisa.
favorite pokemon; miltank or charizard
how many pokemon do you have?; 135
what team are you on?; mystic ftw
A B O U
hello! emmy here!
they/
them please.
nonbinary
lesbian.

L I N K S

wip
sharkbuddie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:15 am

polerberr wrote:So, this is what is neccesary to get a Mewtwo:

Manage to find enough people to do raids in your city at least once a day, hope and pray that one of the raids you do gets you an invite to a Mewtwo raid, be able to make it to the raid when it starts, hope and pray that enough other people also got the invite and are also able to attend the raid, hope you manage to take it down before the timer runs out, and then get a small shot at catching it.

Welp.

polerberr wrote:Welp.

polerberr wrote:Welp.

Yeah.
Imagine my excited face.
It looks like this: =_=

Apparently the other legendary birds spawn again until the 31st I think?
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:28 am

Yeah, the birds are here for the rest of the month. It's great for people that missed out on any of them.

My strategy for Mewtwo is really just to do a raid once a day at the popular Gyms in my city and hope for the best. I'm lucky that my work shift is super early in the morning so I generally always have the day free, but it's still going to be crazy hoping that any other players that got an invite aren't at work.

Allegedly, the Japanese and Korean official Niantic tweets specify that "recently" means "the last few weeks" in terms of how long ago you need to have won a raid at the Gym to get an invite? So if that's true, it'll make this somewhat more hopeful? I mean we've all been out doing legendary raids the past few weeks.

Another interesting note is that screenshots of people catching Mewtwo at the Yokohama event had at least 50 Pokeballs to catch it, even though the one's at the event had a 100% catch rate. I wonder if the 50 balls are just for the event, but why? If you manage to miss with the ball more than 20 times in a row then you already don't really deserve to catch that Mewtwo. D;
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lady gaga » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:29 am

everyone in my area has basically quit, there are NO ONE to do legendary raids around here.

I havent gotten any legendaries, though ive seen them all.

super bummed :(
𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄
ham ∙ she/her ∙ scorpio ∙ wanda deserves happiness ©
lady gaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:34 am

a. hamilton wrote:
    everyone in my area has basically quit, there are NO ONE to do legendary raids around here.

I havent gotten any legendaries, though ive seen them all.

super bummed :(

That sucks.

Are there any cities you can visit to try for better luck? You do have until the end of the month now. c:
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me