Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub V1

Postby polerberr » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Tigerflame5 wrote:
Cataclasm wrote:good lord do all of you live in huge cities with insane amount of cellphone traffic??

About the eevee naming thing, does it work the same way as for flareon/etc? As in, the naming trick only works once? (if so, how do you get umbreon/espeon afterwards? is it random?)

Not sure, I only know that you have to name it after a character in the anime that had one, like Sakura for espeon and tamao for umbreon.

It only works once, yes. I'm not sure if this is true, but apparently if you want to get Umbreon or Espeon again and you've already used the naming trick, you need to walk with the Eevee for 10k as a buddy and evolve it in the day for Espeon or the night for Umbreon. Again, no idea if this is true, but I have seen video evidence on YouTube and everyone that has tried it is confirming it works, so far.

I caught a Sneasel yesterday and it had over 1,000 CP. Imagine what Weavile is going to be like.

A few tips:

Ampharos and Tyranitar are the new Dragonite, apparently. Catch any forms of them you find. Use Pinap berries for Mareep/Larvitar for double candy.

If you see a wild Togetic, DO NOT BOTHER unless you consider yourself a very lucky person. According to the Silph Road's research team, Togetic has a base capture rate of 0.12%. You can go on YouTube and find videos of people spending their entire Pokeball collection (30+ ultra balls) trying to catch one only for them to run out of balls or it runs away (but not after you waste all your best Pokeballs on it, of course). You have a better shot at finding and catching a Dragonite, at this rate.

Niantic has confirmed that catching evolved Pokemon now gives you more candy.

Pinap berries are a godsend. Use them for catching Pokemon you still need to evolve, because they double the amount of candies you get. They stack with the catching evolved Pokemon thing, too, so easy Pidgey candy when you find a Pidgeot!

So far, nobody has proved that there are regional exclusives. People speculate that Heracross is exclusive to South America, but I've seen screenshots of people catching them in England and Finland. Don't believe everything you hear just yet.

When you catch your first Unown, a hidden badge will appear. You fill the badge by collecting unique Unown.

Gengar currently has the highest DPS (Damage Per Second).

Blissey is a TANK. If you have one and you want to put it in a gym, DO NOT PUT IT IN A LOW LEVEL GYM. It will be almost impossible for your teammates to prestige it. Now that wouldn't be very considerate, would it?
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:41 pm

That hurts a lot since I've only ever seen 4 dratini, and the mareep family is one of my all time favorite pokemon :')
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:43 pm

Pinap berries don't really double, I tried it yesterday and got 5 candy instead of the usual 3.
Read and seen everything else though.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:11 am

Raire wrote:Pinap berries don't really double, I tried it yesterday and got 5 candy instead of the usual 3.
Read and seen everything else though.

That's odd. Niantic clearly stated the the candies are supposed double when you use the berry. I have heard of a text glitch that doesn't tell you the right amount of candies you recieved when you use a Pinap, though, so that might be the proble,
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:13 am

Raire wrote:Pinap berries don't really double, I tried it yesterday and got 5 candy instead of the usual 3.

This ^

I caught my first Chikorita this morning, had to bolt it out of the house and down the road to the church where it was hiding but I got it xD Then promptly came home and went back to bed!
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:22 am

Yeah, no higher staged ones for me to try yet. :)
I'll definitely use those Pinap berries once I actually see something that I want.

So, I couldn't really get out and hunt this weekend, but at least got one of the evolution items and could theoretically evolve one of my Scythers as well as three other Johto Pokémon. According to my medals I have caught/hatched 22 others by now. Not too bad.

DX Just... none of my Scythers has an IV of at least 80% *swears*
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby z i m » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:24 am

you do get 6 candies from pokémon when you use a pinap berry. when our first catch it, i know it's says five, but once you hit okay, and it takes you to the pokémons panel/ information page, it says +6 candies in the top right corner, as well as any stardust you've collected.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
lthey/themcurrently watching: the bear

hello! im l and i use any pronouns.
-
i mostly just trade on here, but
feel free to check out some of these
art shoptradeetsy
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

z i m

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spooky, » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:05 am

a skarmory with 1100+ cp ran away from me today... TT^TT
┌────────┐
text text text text t
text text text text t
text text text text t
text text text text t
text text text text t
text text text text t
text text text text t
text text text text t
text text text text t
└────────┘
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
❝ THOUSAND YEARS, RISE AGAIN ● ● ● ● ●
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
... ...... ... ... ... ...... ...

VOICES WHISPER
IN THE TREES!
❝this is

spooky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:51 am

halt wrote:
you do get 6 candies from pokémon when you use a pinap berry. when our first catch it, i know it's says five, but once you hit okay, and it takes you to the pokémons panel/ information page, it says +6 candies in the top right corner, as well as any stardust you've collected.

Yup. Pretty sure it's a bug, many other users are recounting the same thing. We'll probably be getting a minor text fix soon lol. But you should be seeing double candy once you check the Pokemon's page and compare how much you had before.

"The Pinap Berry doubles the amount of Candy you’ll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds." - Niantic
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:57 am

aw man, my sentret turned into a ditto. honestly would have preferred the sentret.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx