Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Postby chanhee. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:29 am

unintelligible screaming

chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:34 am

@Junkrat woah now! First time, I've seen a Mercy with more than 7 votes. Congratulations!
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Wooo congrats on the legendary, Junkrat!
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:37 am

Damm, nice. I've never even seen someone hit legendary before, congrats!

So I finally went and did my comp placement matches. It put me in silver, because I screwed myself over by unknowingly grouping with people at a much lower skill level. We won nearly all of our games, but I got much less credit for it thanks to being matched against fairly easy teams. No harm done though, I climbed into gold in two matches.
    That being said, if anyone is around the high silver/low gold range, plays on pc, and would like to group for competitive sometime, let me know! Solo queue is a scary place.
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:09 am

I wanna join :D
    Overwatch fave character/s?: Bastion

Hello! I'm brand new to Overwatch (got the game two days ago new). My friend made me get it since they have nobody to queue with.
    At the moment my favourite character is Bastion purely for lore reasons but I'm playing mostly Reinhardt right now since he's closer to my usual role. You all sound like you have a whole lot of experience so I'll probably just try and lurk and pick things up for the moment, but does anyone have any tips for a noob? I've only tried quickplay and not the arcade stuff just yet~
    It's good to meet you all!!
    Pies
    /don't remove that Pies thingy xD/

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:23 am

Welcome! Here's hoping you enjoy the game ^^
    As for tips- In general, I'd recommend exploring the maps a bit in a custom game, maybe with your friend so they can point things out to you. Knowing where snipers can set up or where flankers can come from can give you an edge even if you're not playing those characters yourself. I'd also recommend trying all the characters at least once; even if you're not good at them or don't intend to play them at all, getting a feel for how they work can help you learn to counter them.
    And specifically for Rein: Keep in mind that your shield can block more than you think, your charge one-shots anything but a tank, and you can hit anything you can see with your firestrike. You can shield from a lot of ults, including D.Va's and an enemy Rein's.
    Aand that's about all I know, since I hardly ever play him. I'm sure there's a Rein main somewhere in here that knows more, though!
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠just here for the rp

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peaceful » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:42 am

I don't play a lot of Rein either, but exploring the maps is also good so you can learn where the health packs are; in some places the big ones can be a bit tucked away. I think it's also important to learn how all the ultimates work, and what they sound like. ex. It took me way too long to figure out that D.va's ult wasn't exactly distance-based, so I kept trying to, say, fly into the ceiling as Pharah and then getting so frustrated when I still died lol.

For Rein... Just don't try to charge when the entire enemy team is in front of you and I wouldn't recommend dropping your shield just so you can use fire strike, as even just those few seconds can be enough for one of your squishier teammates to go down. Beyond that I just don't have a lot of Rein experience, sorry! From what I've seen, there's lots of guides for all the heroes on YouTube, though, so you may find some good tips there. ^^ He's a really good hero to know how to use because he's always viable and useful to have, but I'd still suggest you try out at least some of the other tanks just in case somebody snags Rein ahead of you, or something like that. In low-level quick play, you'll encounter DPS mains way more than tanks, but. still. just in case lol.
peaceful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gaycko » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:57 am

I'm making a quick post to notify people that play on Xbox one...That I'm searching for people to queue with horribly. I really want to get into competitive and grind up to good levels (+get points to buy golden weapons). I have almost no friends that play the game on the same system. I'm sitting at 1309 (something like that) bronze right now. My mains are:
Offense: Genji
Defense: Hanzo
Tanks: D.Va
Support: Zenyatta

Secondaries:
Offense: Pharah (working on Reaper)
Defense: Junkrat + Bastion ( a bit of widow)
Tanks: Non (kinda okay a Reinhardt)
Support: Mercy
Formerly Seven of Sushi!
Call me Red or Seven please if just chatting casually
Adult/Male
He/him/his
🏳️‍🌈
Gaycko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Good luck finding someone!
    All this talk of mains got me thinking, and since I know yall love questions so much... Who do you main and why do you like to play them?
    Personally, I'm a Reaper main because I like playing dps but I have terrible aim; playing a close-range fighter helps me make up for that. I also like how easy it is to disengage from a fight that goes badly. Wraith form is the ultimate bug-out button and it lets me survive just about anything. And lastly, I adore how powerful his ult is (though it's less so now with Orisa around, rip).
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠just here for the rp

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peaceful » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:01 pm

@genji
    I would queue with you but pretty soon I think we'll be more than 1000 SR apart so it won't let us ;-; sorry, I feel your pain regarding solo queue

@reyes
    I've mentioned before that I'm a Lucio main, but as far as why, I really love how mobile and quick he is. wall-riding has to be one of my favorite passives in the game. I also enjoy playing support roles, but also being able to do damage, so his AOE-style healing really appeals to me. plus, getting those sweet sweet environmental kills is so satisfying.

and he's just such a cute, optimistic character tbh? I love him.
peaceful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me