Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Postby Scion Hanzo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:22 am

dtsuga wrote:
peach tea! wrote:
    when all you want is ranking matches but your ping shoots up and you lose connection to the servers ;n;

also anyone have any comp tips? Like who's the best to play as?

The best advice I can give you for climbing the ladder in comp is to be able to play AT LEAST one hero from every role. Being a flexible player and filling the gaps in your team is the key to success. You don't have to be great at every character, just make sure you're not in trouble when someone instalocks your best hero.
If you go for being a filler, you'll probably find yourself playing tanks and supports really often, so keep that in mind.
If you have any more questions about comp I'm happy to help :)

This!
Also have a general understanding of what counters what, so you can make changes accordingly to a hero that can really help your team out.
Another thing I pay attention to is if the team has a hard carry; somebody that you notice happens to be killing your entire team (so, usually a dps or tank. Though,sometimes a strong support). Figuring out who to focus first in team fights is always helpful.

me: saying all of this even though I haven't finished my placements for this season
Scion Hanzo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ron » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:28 am

peach tea! wrote:
    when all you want is ranking matches but your ping shoots up and you lose connection to the servers ;n;

its always, always about the team composition and how all six players work together, and not as much which hero is best individually. admittedly, there are heroes that arent used much, but in theory any pick could work. if a troll is picking torb, build a bulky defense team (torb, orisa, mercy) and you can do wonders! but, of course, theres sometimes trolls who you just cant work with and youre better off ignoring them and spend your time talking to the rest of the team. communication is key!
in overwatch there are way more dps players than anything else (which is the games major downside atm, i really hope they introduce role queue), so chances are if you want to make a team work (you already have 2 or 3 dps) youll have to flex between healer and tank. ultimately, of course, you should play whoever you are the best as/like the most, but sometimes you gotta do it for the good of the team if you wanna climb. competitive overwatch is a bit of a mess, but somehow i just cant stop playing it...

sorry if this is at all confusing, im a little bit tired,
haha.
im saying this as someone with 500-ish hours on the game, but if i made any mistakes, please do correct me!
ron, she/her
central european time

ron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonlightAngela » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:13 am

peach tea! wrote:

I have a few tips for Dva, Junkrat, and Phara if you like. I just got into platnium so I know a little bit about the ranks there. I could tell you a few tips and tricks to play them or how to best counter them. Just send me a quick pm and I'll do my best to help out.

Heya, I'm MoonlightAngela. And I have been a member since 2013 on ChickenSmoothie. However, I had taken a break from this site for about a year and a half, but now I'm back. Yay! I am hoping to catch up on what I missed, and have a good time on this site again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are some random
little facts about me.
I don't have a particular
favorite color, but I just
like good color schemes.
I'm lesbian (woo, gay!).
I make drawings and some
others types of art, and
plan on starting to get
into digital art seriously
soon. I may seem nice,
but secretly am really edgy.
My Hogwarts house is
Slytherin

I like to roleplay, so
feel free to message
me if you are looking
for someone. Right
now I'm interested
in Warriors, stuff to
do with mythical
creatures and/or beings,
and transformers.
Also, I am really into
Overwatch. But you can
message me for a friend
or someone to talk to c:

MoonlightAngela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ventru » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:25 am

peach tea! wrote:

My highest SR was 2855 in s6, so I guess I kind of know stuff? By no means an expert though.
Like someone else said, be able to flex and play at least one hero of every role "okay", though it doesn't matter if you can't play dps as those are taken up always anyways.
If you learn a support (Mercy is always in high demand and easy. The rest as well if you're good), you pretty much can't go wrong with that.
Try to communicate. If you don't like voicing, at least use the commands. Stuff like "Group up" or "Ultimate's ready" will help syncing up those ults. Grouping up is also VERY important, most of the time. If your team is wiped out, it's better to wait a few seconds at the spawn so you can go in together as opposed to trickling in one by one, because on your own you're not going to live long against a whole team.
Also, be proactive. This is more important on some characters (ie. Sombra) than others. If you think a lot of damage is incoming, drop your shield or get off that healing orb so the CD starts a bit earlier and you can use the ability faster once the real fight begins.
Hmm.. What else is there? Don't be afraid to switch just a little while. For example, I usually play support, but when my team's having trouble getting through a choke I'll switch to Tracer or Sombra. Get behind enemy lines, get on the payload/point/whatever and your enemy team will be distracted and you just bought your team some time and space to push again. Then you can go back to support or whatever you were playing as.

If you need anything more/have any questions, let me know! :D
Engel wrote:
You put the smoothie in cs lol

Feel free to pm me if you want to talk about anything. c:
Ventru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scion Hanzo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:44 am

In season 6 my placements were 2 (wins)/8 and I placed plat. This season i finished 7 (wins)/3 and placed gold.
Classic

Probably because I played Mercy more in these placements and therefore got less medals
Scion Hanzo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby duhl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:17 am

any one else feel like this season is incredibly toxic :")???
    ive mostly been playing d.va (mostly any tanks) and man. some people get tilted so bad.
    i dont even play w/o group because im terrified that ill get a toxic team ( so p much im constantly decaying )
    i had a whole game where a group of 4 complained the whole time. they
    never tried to communicate. or dps just whine about mercy 24/7 instead of them
    diving her with me ;;

i feel like blizzard needs to get that mercy nerf out. but also nerf
    junkrat just as harshly. im just tried of seeing people forced to play mercy ;;
    watching my favorite streamers being forced to play her and just get really salty
    cause they dont want to makes me sad. i just wish blizzard would remove her rez. or make it
    like torbs armor meter. just fix her in general.
duhl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonlightAngela » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:20 pm

duhl wrote:
    any one else feel like this season is incredibly toxic :")???
    ive mostly been playing d.va (mostly any tanks) and man. some people get tilted so bad.
    i dont even play w/o group because im terrified that ill get a toxic team ( so p much im constantly decaying )
    i had a whole game where a group of 4 complained the whole time. they
    never tried to communicate. or dps just whine about mercy 24/7 instead of them
    diving her with me ;;

i feel like blizzard needs to get that mercy nerf out. but also nerf
    junkrat just as harshly. im just tried of seeing people forced to play mercy ;;
    watching my favorite streamers being forced to play her and just get really salty
    cause they dont want to makes me sad. i just wish blizzard would remove her rez. or make it
    like torbs armor meter. just fix her in general.

I do agree about the situation with Mercy needing to be fixed. I never liked how people always want a Mercy on their team, and I do understand sometimes she is needed to win. But I've won plenty of games where we didn't have a Mercy, and instead had two other healers. Mercy can be a reliable single support which is why she gets picked so much. People don't want to play support so you get one person who needs to be healer, a healer who can keep the team up and do enough healing. The problem with Mercy right now is making her balanced with the other supports, but still have a healer who can support a team that has no other healers. Mercy is that support character when the other 5 team members don't pick healer, but needs to be kept alive. If that makes any sense.

Mercy right now is getting tossed around with re-works, buffs, and nerfs. People are having to get used to her changing playstyle over and over. Now many are getting fed up, and annoyed. I can understand the changes they are making, they do have their resons, but it is just too much too quickly.

And about toxicity in the game now, for me it hadn't been as much as some of the previous seasons. Though that doesn't mean none at all. There was a game I was in when over the chat some guy was getting mad at me for not getting on the payload to stop it from moving. I was sort of poked at it with my dva missiles from a distance and then hiding back behind some cover. I normally don't do this since as tank I am supposed to be up close more. What the guy didn't realize was that I was waiting for the team to get back to where I was to group up. With the entire enemy team on the payload I wouldn't have been able to do anything, and then I would have been out of the fight by the time the team got back. So stuff like that with toxic people. People who just shout and blame the other team members rather than try to work with them. There have been a few games with leavers, on both mine and the enemy team. The usual types of toxicity. I've reported about 3-5 people so far. Only extremely horrible people. Hopefully the reports help out the game's community more. I've heard diamond is the most toxic. It could get pretty bad in gold, and so far platinum has been really decent actually.

Heya, I'm MoonlightAngela. And I have been a member since 2013 on ChickenSmoothie. However, I had taken a break from this site for about a year and a half, but now I'm back. Yay! I am hoping to catch up on what I missed, and have a good time on this site again.
Here are some random
little facts about me.
like good color schemes.
I'm lesbian (woo, gay!).
I make drawings and some
others types of art, and
plan on starting to get
soon. I may seem nice,
My Hogwarts house is
Slytherin

I like to roleplay, so
feel free to message
me if you are looking
for someone. Right
now I'm interested
in Warriors, stuff to
do with mythical
creatures and/or beings,
and transformers.
Also, I am really into
Overwatch. But you can
message me for a friend
or someone to talk to c:

MoonlightAngela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Has the new map been released yet? Honestly I've been looking for new info this whole week.
╔═════════════╗

He/They/She.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

struggling with gender identity
rn ;,)

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonlightAngela » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Rin ;v; wrote:Has the new map been released yet? Honestly I've been looking for new info this whole week.

I haven't heard anything about a new map yet. Haven't really been checking my overwatch news videos on youtube recently. Has there been any released information on it that anyone knows of?

Here are some random
little facts about me.
like good color schemes.
I'm lesbian (woo, gay!).
I make drawings and some
others types of art, and
plan on starting to get
soon. I may seem nice,
My Hogwarts house is
Slytherin

I like to roleplay, so
feel free to message
me if you are looking
for someone. Right
now I'm interested
in Warriors, stuff to
do with mythical
creatures and/or beings,
and transformers.
Also, I am really into
Overwatch. But you can
message me for a friend
or someone to talk to c:

MoonlightAngela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:08 pm

I am referring to Blizzardworld actually, people said it would be released very soon.
╔═════════════╗

He/They/She.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

struggling with gender identity
rn ;,)

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items