Steven Universe Fanclub! {Open!}

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Steven Universe Fanclub! {Open!}

Postby keylimecoyote » Sat May 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Hello!
I've been fairly inactive on this thread and I apologize for that, but I'm having problems with my friend. She hates Steven Universe, and she says she's watched one episode that was horrible but I have no idea which episode that was and when I asked why she disliked it she also refused to answer. I tried to get her to watch this video but she refuses to even listen to it. I tried to ask if she liked action or slice of life to see what episode to show her, but she wouldn't answer. She is completely intent on never watching Steven Universe which annoys me, as she would probably enjoy it if she just gave it a chance. Any advice on what to do or which episodes to show her?
what are you doing here?
in the real world?
and what are you doing here?
so close I could touch you?

Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
keylimecoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunarsnow » Sat May 20, 2017 2:55 pm

CinnamonBun. wrote:Is Stuck Together the last episode made as of rn?

Yep! CN uploaded that one as a "10 minute preview" for the 1 hour special on May 29th. It'll be airing on TV then too along with The Trial, Off Colors, and Lars' Head.

FireflyStars wrote:Hello!
I've been fairly inactive on this thread and I apologize for that, but I'm having problems with my friend. She hates Steven Universe, and she says she's watched one episode that was horrible but I have no idea which episode that was and when I asked why she disliked it she also refused to answer. I tried to get her to watch this video but she refuses to even listen to it. I tried to ask if she liked action or slice of life to see what episode to show her, but she wouldn't answer. She is completely intent on never watching Steven Universe which annoys me, as she would probably enjoy it if she just gave it a chance. Any advice on what to do or which episodes to show her?

I mean you can't make her watch anything if she doesn't want to. And you can't make her like the show if if you think she would like it. The more you push it the more she'll resist. And I mean if she refused to watch a video talking about it then she'll probably refuse any actual episode you try to show her too right? I'd say leave it alone (maybe just for now?) especially if this "argument" happened within the past few days.

But if you're intent on trying again, she's your friend yeah? What kind of things does she like? Use that to pick an episode (season 1 preferably) that may pique her interest. Maybe say yeah all TV shows have at least one bad episode but that usually doesn't reflect on the whole series right? And SU does start out kinda slow and rocky but a lot of cartoons do really. As for just general recommendations for interest... I'd say Laser Light Cannon, Lion 2, Giant Woman, Bubble Buddies or maybe even Steven The Sword Fighter or Story For Steven? The first because it's the second episode but has more substance and intrigue than Gem Glow (imo). The second three because they're interesting but don't need much background to enjoy (again imo). On the other hand Steven The Sword Fighter might not have a lot of impact if it's the first episode you show but character "death" is always suspenseful! And Story For Steven is a flashback episode (with a rockin song!) so you could feasibly go into it blind but again it won't have as much impact seeing the characters when you haven't learned about them before or seeing Rose right off the bat. Its really your choice how much you want to spoil her in the name of getting her interested lol. Heck you could start with Jailbreak or Mr Greg if you really wanted to (wouldn't recommend though lol)

Trailers may be more her style maybe? I really really love this fan made trailer but it's super spoilery but like vaguely spoilery at the same time?? This one's also good and way less spoilery so maybe show one of those or some other fan made trailer thing instead of an actual episode? Personally I've always liked Disney movies because of the songs so music is a seller for me. Stronger Than You is actually what got me to finally start watching SU. And I loved Rebecca's songs from Adventure Time so learning that she made SU was a bonus too.

Oh jeez that got really long ^^;
Random cat spotlight <3
Lunarsnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jealousy Empress » Sat May 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Here's my list that I used when showing my mom.
Bubble buddies
Stevens lion
Giant woman
Steven the Swordfighter
Mirror/ ocean gem
Warp tour
Alone together
On the run
Marble madness
Story for Steven
The message
The return/ JB
Keeping it together
Chille tid
Cry for help - friend ship excluding historical fiction
Catch and release
When it rains
Back to the barn
Too far
The answer - log date 7152
Super watermelon/ gem drill
Same old world
Barn mates
Hit the diamond
Mr Greg
Too short to ride
Monster Reunion
Alone at sea
Gem hunt - bubbled
The whole of season 4 excluding fillers
Season 5
──🌸────
Hi! i'm Laurentia,
a panromantic asexual
Demi-girl with a love
for pugs, steven universe
and Angels. i'm nearly
always open to role-
play, PM me if you want
to do a 1x1. i'm a mod
on SU artists amino
as Lapis_lazuli JSYK!

────🌸──
link ● link ● 🌸
Jealousy Empress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Feliks » Sun May 21, 2017 3:02 am

I want to join!
Username: Rasputin
Favourite character: all of them ;)
Favourite episode:still deciding on a favorite, there are just so many!
Other:I finally found this corner of cs after long last XD
wip
Feliks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Laughingfruit » Sun May 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Let your friend live their life. If she doesn't want to watch it, I don't recommend that you be the annoying friend that tries to force an interest on them. It's extremely disrespectful to do so anyway. I know how it is to not have friends who like something I do when I'm sure they would, it's disappointing, but not the end of the world.
But if you insist on pushing it on her, compare episodes to shows that she does like and see what episodes closest relate to the types of things she likes.
Call me Dango

---------------------------------
Icon is by E u p h o r i a
Sig image by ☾Khonjin☽
Laughingfruit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clip ♡ » Thu May 25, 2017 8:54 am

does anyone know if Wanted comes out the 29th or
    the week later in Canada? Because episodes usually
    come out (for us Canadians) the week after they do
    in the US (except in the case of Beta, which came
    out the Friday when in the US it aired the following
    Monday, I'm still not sure why that happened haha).
    I've tried looking it up but can't find any information!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
maddy - she/her - Image
hi, i'm clip! I'm an adult from
canada who cries constantly
and loves cats and cartoons.

about - - th - my art

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cinnamonbun. » Thu May 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Cubone. wrote:
Guys, a new promo was released and the new gem's voice is in it! Opinions?

I think he is a boy, 2nd male gem!!!!

OH MY GOSH IM PREDICTING THE PLOT LINE AND I CAME UP WITH AN AWESOME SCENARIO

What if Homeworld tortures him so bad that he poofs and retreats into his gem for the first time? Then Lars or a gem with a soft spot for him/hated pink diamond (from HW) hid him and or helped him escape??? :0
cinnamonbun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorrohh » Thu May 25, 2017 3:15 pm

CinnamonBun. wrote:
Cubone. wrote:

What if Homeworld tortures him so bad that he poofs and retreats into his gem for the first time? Then Lars or a gem with a soft spot for him/hated pink diamond (from HW) hid him and or helped him escape??? :0

Spoilers for the promo
Second male gem?
I think it's still a female, despite its voice and looks.
But second? If you aren't talking about Steven, who are you talking about? If you are talking about Steven, well :III
╔══════════╗
ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅ ᴄᴀʀᴅɪɴᴀʟ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴇᴅ!
╚══════════╝
╔══════════╗
ᴄʜᴜʙʙɪᴇꜱxxxxxxxxxʙᴀɢ

ᴘᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴxxxxxxxxxxxʀᴜɴ
╚══════════╝
hello! my name is sorrohh. i use any pronouns, but mirror pronouns are fine if that is more convenient! i am no longer an active member of the community. occasionally i might hop on to participate in events, forum games, or just send gifts, but unfortunately i will not be continuing with my roles in any roleplays or adoptables. this community has helped me grow beyond anything i could have ever dreamed. thank you all so much for over 7 years of support <3
Sorrohh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cinnamonbun. » Thu May 25, 2017 3:24 pm

OrbitzSpaze wrote:
CinnamonBun. wrote:
Cubone. wrote:

Spoilers for the promo
Second male gem?
I think it's still a female, despite its voice and looks.
But second? If you aren't talking about Steven, who are you talking about? If you are talking about Steven, well :III

I am taking about steven c:
cinnamonbun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyline » Thu May 25, 2017 11:20 pm

holy heck it's been a while.
      i took a really long hiatus n all,
      (off chicken smoothie lmao)
      but yeah wow wanted and of
      course the new promo has me
      shook i actually can't wait
Last edited by skyline on Thu May 25, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicky - she - exhausted lesbian goth
IX.VI.MMXXII / IX.XI & XII MMXXIII
code shopx bbcode help
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me