Breyer/Model Horse Fan Club v.2

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Breyer Model Horse Fan Club v.2

Postby faentofheart » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:02 am

Thank you so so much ember for the tips on airbrushing, I’m happy to announce I’ve gotten all the supplies I need to start up!! 🥺❤️ I bought a box of the spirit riding free horses for practice, because I absolutely love the cartoon molds, and they’re pretty cheap! I didn’t want to ruin my more expensive body models first!
Another small note, I got a Molotow paint masking pen for white markings and WOW they work amazingly! The reviews are pretty bad because they don’t come off of paper, but the masking liquid comes off of breyers like a charm! 11/10 reccomended! Here’s a video on how to use them! <3

faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberWolf » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:24 am

@Ranger - Awesome! I can't wait to see your customs :) Good to know about the masking pen - I have thought about getting some masking material instead of doing the 100 thin white layers marking technique (oh how I hate it) and will look into that!

Also forgot to mention but I updated the MotM for January some weeks ago - check it out! Next model will be updated at the beginning of February, of course. If you have any horse you'd like to submit, feel free to shoot me a message!
G.B.
"hi, i'm G.B., one of Ember's real life cats.
just so you know, Ember is just a site artist, she
can't help you with forum or game problems.
please submit a help ticket if you're
having issues!"
Rosie
"hey, i'm Ember's other cat, Rosie.
if you're wondering, her PM's are always
open if you have other questions or
just want to chat. she does not
take commissions anymore.
"

she/her | adult | full-time artist

i am mega busy these days, my time on CS is super limited. apologies if trades/pms/etc go unanswered - i just have other things that take precedence

>> free clearance pets <<
>> weekly giveaways <<
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faentofheart » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:50 pm

Thank you ember! I got everything for customizing, sat down ready to paint, but then realized; I didn’t have a hose 😂😂 I’ll be getting that soon! It’s not that expensive and I’m super excited to start!

Has anyone seen Obsidian yet? I collect the unicorn breyers and he is going to go amazingly with xavier! He even has a purple sheen to him!

Also! Premier club sneak peek! Breyer heard our wishes and theres a new fjord mold! God am I so excited!
Astrid is a lightly dappled grullo fjord sculpted by Maggie Bennett! Breyer also said that there will be a surprise decision making poll having to do with her.
faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Fri May 21, 2021 10:24 am

Hello everyone! Not quite sure how this works, but I wanted to pop in and say that I’m trying to start up a collection. I just purchased two classic size models, one from an antique shop in my town, and one from Amazon for 100$ xD

So currently I have four models if stablemates count. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for customizing and/or building a barn? I tried to make a barn out of cardboard, but it’s way too small, and it looks awful. I wanted to redo it, but couldn’t find any tutorials for what I’m looking for c:

P.S,
If I’m supposed to fill out a form to post on this thread or something, my biggest apologies. My brain isn’t functioning to well today😅

Edit:
P.P.S

Would an artists gloss varnish be good for a finishing layer over paint on customs?
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bridgy1234 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:05 am

Hello all, I’m pretty sure I’ve posted here a lifetime ago so I’m back with an important question .
I was just given three older Breyer horses, like from 2000 or around there, that have been customized with what I believe to be acrylic paint. Anyone have any tips on removing the added paint without or with minimal damage to the base/original coat?

Edit: my mom is thinking it is latex based paint. If anyone has any ideas or wants pictures to get a better idea (or just to see what was done) Pm me and I can send them in discord.

Another edit: I took a look at the painted ponies I want familiar with, one is spirit toy, and the other Breyer is a reeves. It’s almost completely painted except for the muzzle, which is either a light silver or white. Looking at this list of the use of this model, I’m very nervous on how well the pain will clean up.
Last edited by Bridgy1234 on Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bridgy1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilpupin » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:21 am

Glowingsaltshaker wrote:I was wondering if anyone had any tips for customizing and/or building a barn? I tried to make a barn out of cardboard, but it’s way too small, and it looks awful. I wanted to redo it, but couldn’t find any tutorials for what I’m looking for c:

Welcome! I haven't made a barn myself but you could try looking at pinterest and instagram if you haven't already. I've found loads of useful breyer stuff on pinterest and there are a lot of breyer people on instagram that do customizations of different things.

Also, hello breyer club, it's been a while since I've posted here,, Did anyone get any fun breyerfest grabs? I got Ansel, Gran Cavallo, the surprise horse, (bay sabino variation) Pech Merle, (alt color!) and two Danis. I loved the horses they had this year, lots of fun colors going on :D
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlightFeathers » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:36 pm

Heya everyone! I'm quite new to Breyers but have been collecting Schleich, CollectA, Rebor etc for a while now. Breyer are very hard to find in NZ but I've just snagged myself the Livingston flagship model from an Australian store!

ʙɪᴀɴᴄᴀ / ᴀᴅᴜʟᴛ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ / ʙɪᴏᴅɪᴠᴇʀꜱɪᴛʏ ʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏɴꜱᴇʀᴠᴀᴛɪᴏɴɪꜱᴛ / ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʙɪʀᴅꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʜᴏᴛᴏɢʀᴀᴘʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ!
FlightFeathers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SarcasticLoner » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:06 pm

FlightFeathers wrote:Heya everyone! I'm quite new to Breyers but have been collecting Schleich, CollectA, Rebor etc for a while now. Breyer are very hard to find in NZ but I've just snagged myself the Livingston flagship model from an Australian store!

Congrats! He's a lovely model.
I'm hoping to move to NZ in a few years, ironically moving my 150+ breyer collection is the thing I'm most concerned about haha.
“ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴍʏ ᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ — ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇ ᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ɪꜰ ɪ ᴡɪꜱʜᴇᴅ. ɪꜰ ɪ ᴅᴀʀᴇᴅ.”

"ᴍᴏʀᴀʟʟʏ ɢʀᴇʏ? ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ꜱᴀʏ, ɢʀᴇʏ'ꜱ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴠᴏᴜʀɪᴛᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏᴜʀ"

ImageImage

ImageImage
SarcasticLoner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faentofheart » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:02 am

Not a Breyer,, but recently I found that my design won Peter Stone’s Color Me Sarah competition! She was only available to their collector club for Black Friday, I thought I would share! I was so so excited when I found out 😭😭😭 My copies will be coming in soon, and I will have her very own shelf set up for her! She was a gamblers choice, so you could have gotten either the sun or the moon version, but stone was kind enough to let me purchase both!

My little blurb at the bottom was
“This gal is a little funky! She is a half blue roan and half palomino, both sides with a fun splash pintaloosa pattern! She has a sun and moon on either shoulder, to represent what both sides of her mean. I really wanted to represent how to opposites can come together, whether it be the sun and the moon, or a horse and a donkey!”
Attachments
EEF52709-C1AD-4C06-A997-CA2A1AA4D82A.jpeg
EEF52709-C1AD-4C06-A997-CA2A1AA4D82A.jpeg (242.26 KiB) Viewed 65 times
228957D9-980C-49CE-9D01-43A035F91039.jpeg
228957D9-980C-49CE-9D01-43A035F91039.jpeg (347.47 KiB) Viewed 65 times
8C04E83D-4F6B-48A7-A351-4255784063CA.jpeg
8C04E83D-4F6B-48A7-A351-4255784063CA.jpeg (304.24 KiB) Viewed 65 times
faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:09 am

Ohh congratz faent! They look so absolutely gorgeous! <33
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me