The PETZ Fanclub [25 Years old!]

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The PETZ Fanclub [25 Years old!]

Postby Shade1193 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:03 pm

Wooly wrote:I really like Petz and play Petz 4 from time to time. I enjoy hexing and naturally raising / breeding my petz. But I don't really engage directly with the community anymore.

That's awesome that you still play though! There's quite a few in the community who keep small crews and/or naturally raise them too.

LA's DarkFireWolf wrote:Woah! I still have this game on my mom's computer which when we boot up still runs Windows 8.1 which had XP for ages.
But I remember playing this game and breeding dogs like crazy xD. Finally it got to be too much and I gave up logging into the game.

That's awesome that you found it! It's so easy to breed for more petz than one could ever handle. Especially now with some of the chests 😂 I've crashed my game doing it just to see if I could(let me clarify that it's on my little limping laptop not my gaming PC). I have absolutely no room to talk about crew size though...I've got thousands. Folders and folders stocked up.
Shade1193

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wanderingcacti » Thu May 02, 2024 10:26 am

Hello! Is there anyone who can assist me with downloading and installing? I do have the correct petz file downloaded to my knowledge and I have PetzA installed to, but the game won't open rip. My mouse cursor will just spin for like a second and I'm not really sure what to do or where to look for solutions.

-Edit: Does the download linked in this thread have Petz 5 in it too? Sorry I am very new to trying to get old games like this to run on a modern computer!
Last edited by wanderingcacti on Thu May 02, 2024 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I really like the color blue
♚ εїз Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ εїз ♛
♠♣♥♦King♦♥♣♠

Auctioning the 2017 mardigras store lions here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4958715
wanderingcacti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ClarkG23 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:27 am

What’s Petz? I’m curious
(EDIT: I looked it up and it seems cool beans!)
ClarkG23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shade1193 » Thu May 02, 2024 1:28 pm

wanderingcacti wrote:Hello! Is there anyone who can assist me with downloading and installing? I do have the correct petz file downloaded to my knowledge and I have PetzA installed to, but the game won't open rip. My mouse cursor will just spin for like a second and I'm not really sure what to do or where to look for solutions.

-Edit: Does the download linked in this thread have Petz 5 in it too? Sorry I am very new to trying to get old games like this to run on a modern computer!

I'm not sure about p5 download. However if the link in the original post isn't working for the game

This is the site that is linked to now for the community -
https://reflettage.wixsite.com/yabiko/download

As for petz A I highly recommend getting the new updated one(for petz 4 only at the moment) it has some amazing new features - including batch breeding and bringing the name tags into p4 that previously were only in p5. It's also supposed to fix the profile issue that some people had. Here's a link to the master list of useful tools for petz okay that includes the updated PetzA as well as other useful tools!
https://caniscoyotekennelz.weebly.com/p ... ities.html

The big thing to keep in mind is don't put the petz in the program files, generally most people put it in the my documents folder. It solves a lot of problems the game encounters on program files(I run p4, 5, and baby from a subfolder in my documents).
If you've put new files in(breeds, petz, clothes, ECT) it can take a moment to load.

ClarkG23 wrote:What’s Petz? I’m curious
(EDIT: I looked it up and it seems cool beans!)

It's a lot of fun and has a lot of modding(hexing) available too. I linked above to a couple sites that have resources if you(or anyone else) is interested in getting the game. You can also run it on mac, I know this guide has been working well for players https://titanium.tiwolf.net/mac (I don't run on mac so I haven't done any of it).

There is an active community still. There is RKC, Whisker Wick(WW), Petz Life(PL): general forums with shows, competitions, adoptions, general chats, ECT. They also each have a discord. If you're more interested in naturally raising petz there is Duke's Group which is a forum specifically for that, also has a discord. Seeing Stars is specifically for horses and also has a discord(I think most forums do now? I can't think of any that don't.) then there is Petz Universal Game site and the Flea Market, which are adoption sites that you earn points through your own adoptions and games.
Shade1193

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wanderingcacti » Fri May 03, 2024 5:15 am

Omg thank you shade!!! I'll try installing things from the links you gave and try taking it out of program files too. Thats suuuper helpful. This is the first time ive downloaded these thing to try to get it to work.

Im really hopeful that i can get it working because i would loooove to play petz again. I think i still have my petz5 disc somewhere. Not sure where.
I really like the color blue
♚ εїз Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ εїз ♛
♠♣♥♦King♦♥♣♠

Auctioning the 2017 mardigras store lions here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4958715
wanderingcacti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shade1193 » Fri May 03, 2024 5:22 am

wanderingcacti wrote:Omg thank you shade!!! I'll try installing things from the links you gave and try taking it out of program files too. Thats suuuper helpful. This is the first time ive downloaded these thing to try to get it to work.

Im really hopeful that i can get it working because i would loooove to play petz again. I think i still have my petz5 disc somewhere. Not sure where.

That's awesome if you do still have the game. I know P5 players are becoming more prominent than they have been in the past. I think a lot of it can be blamed on the new utilities that have come out that makes it super easy to convert petz from 5 to 4/3 WITHOUT loosing everything.
Shade1193

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me