✿ Myers Briggs Personality Type Club ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

What are you?

NT
38%
ST
8%
NF
44%
SF
10%

Total votes : 165

✿ Myers Briggs Personality Type Club ✿

Postby Simon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:08 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Stamp by smofir.

MBTI Experts

Feel free to PM these people for help typing, questions, etc.

Thread Helpers

Friendly members in charge of welcoming new members and keeping the thread on track!

Hey! MBTI is a cool way to understand yourself and the people around you! Come join this club if you are interested in learning more about the 16 personality types or want to discover your own personality type!

Some common questions:

Q: What is MBTI ?

A: "The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions." read more here

Q: How can I discover my MBTI type?

A: There are many online tests my personal prefrence being http://www.16personalities.com It is important to remember that we are all not good at self analyzing and since this test relies on self assessment test results may be inaccurate. That is why it is important to do research! The website I linked gives detailed descriptions of each type so I encourage you to browse around and read the descriptions of many types.

Q: Does everyone who has the same type act the same way?

A: No. Every type has a spectrum and not everyone has the same approach to life. There are people who are unhealthy and act in extreme ways. At the end of the day there aren't only 16 personalities. No one is exactly the same! These are about preferences!

Q: After taking the test I am receiving different results and confused, how can I discover my type?

A: Check out the questionnaire and fill it out! Maybe one of our members can hep you discover your type!
Last edited by Simon on Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:14 am, edited 23 times in total.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Members

Postby Simon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:20 am

Fill this out to join!

Code: Select all
[color=#0080BF]I want to join the MBTI club!
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Myers Briggs Type? (put unknown if unsure):[/b]
[b]Other?:[/b]
[size=10]smoothie[/size][/color][/color]

Fill this out if you want to change the type displayed on the members list

[color=#008080]I want to change my type displayed!
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Myers Briggs Type? (put unknown if unsure):[/b]
[b]Other?:[/b]
[size=10]chicken[/size][/color]

Members:

Username - Type

|Simon - INFJ|
|rye-bread - ISTP|
|Kaoru; - INFP|
|Plumsugar - INTP|
|Hello :3 - INTJ|
|Snow! - INFP|
|Rest in Pieces - INTP|
|Anastasia - ENFJ |
|[muffled screaming] - ENTP|
|Claws - ISFJ |
|Smofir - ESFJ |
|Takeda Takahashi - INTJ|
|key - INTJ|
|Irisidium - INTP|
|Miss Harker - INFP|
|FriendlyIntrovert IN/SFP|
| valerie - INFP|
|ospreybutt - INTP|
|Shattered Beazt - INTP|
|kaprai - INTP|
|action cat - INFP|
|nukeasaurus - INFP|
|PeachFuzz - ENFP|
|Nesoi- ISTJ|
|bokuto - ISFP|
|Crescental - ENTJ|
|.Pastel Candy. - ISFJ|
|cmu9899 - INFJ|
|anathema - ENFP|
|Wrenn - INFJ|
|Admiral - INTJ|
|aph scotland - INTJ|
|oscia - ENFP|
|catałyst - ISFJ|
|Fyrvi - INFP|
|danish pastries - ENFP|
Last edited by Simon on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Each Letter

Postby Simon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:38 am

Understanding each letter of MBTI

These are brief general descriptions of each letter. To get more detailed explanations you can research other sources. Remember, Fellers are capable of thought and vice versa. These are preferences!

I vs E

(Introversion vs Extroversion)

The first letter indicates whether you are introverted or extroverted. Introverts are overwhelmed by large crowds and prefer time alone to re-charge. Extroverts enjoy being in large groups and feed off of the energy exerted from others.

S vs N

(Intuition vs Sensing)

The second letter speaks to the intuition or sensing that a person displays. People who primarily use sensing look at a situation at hand. They rely on their senses and are great at observing the world around them. Someone who thinks more intuitively will make gut decisions and be able to read others well. Often they will make decisions because they just "feel/think" they are correct even if they can't tangibly see evidence.

F vs T

(Feeling vs Thinking)

The third letter distinguishes whether or not you are a feeler or thinker. It’s important to remember that feelers are capable of deep thought and thinkers are capable of feeling emotion. When making decisions and going through life, Feelers are more inclined to go off of feelings while making decisions while thinkers look towards logic typically.

P vs J

(Perceiving vs Judging)

The fourth and final letter expresses is someone is a perceiver or judger. A judger will stick to schedules and enjoy mapping out what they are going to do. A Perceiver would much rather “go with the flow” and treat deadlines more like a suggestion. Percivers are less likely to freak out if things do not go according to plan while judgers tend to like to stick to a plan.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Each Type

Postby Simon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:04 pm

Here is a brief description of each type. Taken from XXX. I do not take credit for writing these

For ENFJs the dominant quality in their lives is an active and intense caring about people and a strong desire to bring harmony into their relationships. ENFJs are openly expressive and empathic people who bring an aura of warmth to all that they do. Intuition orients their feeling to the new and to the possible, thus ENFJs often enjoy working to manifest a humanitarian vision, or helping others develop their potential. ENFJs naturally and conscientiously move into action to care for others, to organize the world around them, and to get things done.

For ENFPs the dominant quality in their lives is their attention to the outer world of possibilities; they are excited by continuous involvement in anything new, whether it be new ideas, new people, or new activities. Though ENFPs thrive on what is possible and what is new, they also experience a deep concern for people as well. Thus, they are especially interested in possibilities for people. ENFPs are typically energetic, enthusiastic people who lead spontaneous and adaptable lives.

For ENTJs the driving force in their lives is their need to analyze and bring into logical order the outer world of events, people, and things. ENTJs are natural leaders who build conceptual models that serve as plans for strategic action. Intuition orients their thinking to the future, and gives their thinking an abstract quality. ENTJs will actively pursue and direct others in the pursuit of goals they have set, and they prefer a world that is structured and organized.

For ENTPs the driving quality in their lives is their attention to the outer world of possibilities; they are excited by continuous involvement in anything new, whether it be new ideas, new people, or new activities. They look for patterns and meaning in the world, and they often have a deep need to analyze, to understand, and to know the nature of things. ENTPs are typically energetic, enthusiastic people who lead spontaneous and adaptable lives.

For ESFJs the dominant quality in their lives is an active and intense caring about people and a strong desire to bring harmony into their relationships. ESFJs bring an aura of warmth to all that they do, and they naturally move into action to help others, to organize the world around them, and to get things done. Sensing orients their feeling to current facts and realities, and thus gives their feeling a hands-on pragmatic quality. ESFJs take their work seriously and believe others should as well.

For ESFPs the dominant quality in their lives is their enthusiastic attention to the outer world of hands-on and real-life experiences. ESFPs are excited by continuous involvement in new activities and new relationships. ESFPs also have a deep concern for people, and they show their caring in warm and pragmatic gestures of helping. ESFPs are typically energetic and adaptable realists, who prefer to experience and accept life rather than to judge or organize it.

For ESTJs the driving force in their lives is their need to analyze and bring into logical order the outer world of events, people, and things. ESTJs like to organize anything that comes into their domain, and they will work energetically to complete tasks so they can quickly move from one to the next. Sensing orients their thinking to current facts and realities, and thus gives their thinking a pragmatic quality. ESTJs take their responsibilities seriously and believe others should do so as well.

For ESTPs the dominant quality in their lives is their enthusiastic attention to the outer world of hands-on and real-life experiences. ESTPs are excited by continuous involvement in new activities and in the pursuit of new challenges. ESTPs tend to be logical and analytical in their approach to life, and they have an acute sense of how objects, events, and people in the world work. ESTPs are typically energetic and adaptable realists, who prefer to experience and accept life rather than to judge or organize it.

For INFJs the dominant quality in their lives is their attention to the inner world of possibilities, ideas, and symbols. Knowing by way of insight is paramount for INFJs, and they often manifest a deep concern for people and relationships as well. INFJs often have deep interests in creative expression as well as issues of spirituality and human development. While the energy and attention of INFJs are naturally drawn to the inner world of ideas and insights, what people often first encounter with INFJs is their drive for closure and for the application of their ideas to people's concerns.

For INFPs the dominant quality in their lives is a deep-felt caring and idealism about people. They experience this intense caring most often in their relationships with others, but they may also experience it around ideas, projects, or any involvement they see as important. INFPs are often skilled communicators, and they are naturally drawn to ideas that embody a concern for human potential. INFPs live in the inner world of values and ideals, but what people often first encounter with the INFP in the outer world is their adaptability and concern for possibilities.

For INTJs the dominant force in their lives is their attention to the inner world of possibilities, symbols, abstractions, images, and thoughts. Insight in conjunction with logical analysis is the essence of their approach to the world; they think systemically. Ideas are the substance of life for INTJs and they have a driving need to understand, to know, and to demonstrate competence in their areas of interest. INTJs inherently trust their insights, and with their task-orientation will work intensely to make their visions into realities.

For INTPs the driving force in their lives is to understand whatever phenomenon is the focus of their attention. They want to make sense of the world -- as a concept -- and they often enjoy opportunities to be creative. INTPs are logical, analytical, and detached in their approach to the world; they naturally question and critique ideas and events as they strive for understanding. INTPs usually have little need to control the outer world, or to bring order to it, and they often appear very flexible and adaptable in their lifestyle.

For ISFJs the dominant quality in their lives is an abiding respect and sense of personal responsibility for doing what needs to be done in the here-and-now. Actions that are of practical help to others are of particular importance to ISFJs. Their realism, organizing abilities, and command of the facts lead to their thorough attention in completing tasks. ISFJs bring an aura of quiet warmth, caring, and dependability to all that they do; they take their work seriously and believe others should do so as well.

For ISFPs the dominant quality in their lives is a deep-felt caring for living things, combined with a quietly playful and sometimes adventurous approach to life and all its experiences. ISFPs typically show their caring in very practical ways, since they often prefer action to words. Their warmth and concern are generally not expressed openly, and what people often first encounter with ISFPs is their quiet adaptability, realism, and "free spirit" spontaneity.

For ISTJs the dominant quality in their lives is an abiding sense of responsibility for doing what needs to be done in the here-and-now. Their realism, organizing abilities, and command of the facts lead to their completing tasks thoroughly and with great attention to detail. Logical pragmatists at heart, ISTJs make decisions based on their experience and with an eye to efficiency in all things. ISTJs are intensely committed to people and to the organizations of which they are a part; they take their work seriously and believe others should do so as well.

For ISTPs the driving force in their lives is to understand how things and phenomena in the real world work so they can make the best and most effective use of them. ISTPs are logical and realistic people, and they are natural troubleshooters. When not actively solving a problem, ISTPs are quiet and analytical observers of their environment, and they naturally look for the underlying sense to any facts they have gathered. ISTPs do often pursue variety and even excitement in their hands-on experiences. Although they do have a spontaneous, even playful side, what people often first encounter with them is their detached pragmatism.

Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Functions

Postby Simon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:23 pm

Functions are the advanced way of understanding Myers Briggs and personality types as a whole. It is important to make sure your functions match up with the type you think you are and it is a great way to decide what type you are. There are 8 functions and each type uses 4 functions in a unique order.

Here is a chart listing each type with it's 4 functions in order of preference.

Fe- Understanding of others feelings

Fi- Understanding of your own feelings

Ne- Expresses gut feelings through surroundings

Ni- Thinks about personal gut feelings

Te- External talks through thoughts

Ti- Thinks of things internally

Se- Externally sense their surroundings

Si- Interpret senses internally
Last edited by Simon on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Questionnaire

Postby Simon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:30 pm

Fill out this questionnaire and other members and I can help type you!

[b]1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances.[/b]

[b]2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?[/b]

[b]3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty. How do you feel about this party? What do you do?[/b]

[b]4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?[/b]

[b]5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?[/b]

[b]6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?[/b]

[b]7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?[/b]

[b]8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?[/b]

[b]9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?[/b]

[b]10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?[/b]
Last edited by Simon on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator Club [WIP, no posting]

Postby Simon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Reserved