✿ Myers Briggs Personality Type Club ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

What are you?

NT
38%
ST
8%
NF
44%
SF
10%

Total votes : 165

Re: ✿ Myers Briggs Personality Type Club ✿

Postby subrisive » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:55 am

So I've found two MBTI things I'd like to share.

First, this one. It explains the cognitive functions. I know it may not be the most reliable source but I found it much easier to understand than other sources.

My next one is this Tumblr. I've found it to be the most reliable place for character typings. They even help with some cognitive functions too!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
heyo, i'm sub. i love the
the arts (mainly 2d art
and acting), disney,
gemstones/rocks, 5sos,
ouat, and harry potter.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subrisive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harv » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:31 pm

thought catalog is great when you're new to MBTI ^__^ since it explains all the cognitive functions and the stacks!

when i'm typing characters myself, this blog helps me the most. it goes into a lot of detail though as it's given a couple of my friends some big headaches lol... afterwards i use a site called personality junkie to confirm my analysis. like always the summaries aren't completely accurate but unlike other websites, it actually explains how the types use their functions n_n
harv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RottingJesus » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:30 am

I have ISTP, ayy.
I want to join??
AYYEE.
I'm cynical, malicious asocial creature, AYYEE.

ImageImageImageImage
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RottingJesus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsar » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:05 am

Hello~ I find MBTI types to be an intriguing topic of discussion so this looks like a fun club to join. I've taken the same test about four times in the past and got a different result each time, but as of recently I think I've finally discovered my true type. Before I post my joining form, though, I'd like to take the questionnaire here because I'm interested in seeing what people think my type is.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances.
Well... I'm mildly depressed, so that may influence my personality, just a little.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I'll think something pessimistic like "everything always goes wrong" and my disappointment will probably show outwardly. I'll expect the worst and be surprised if/when we actually make it to the concert on time.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty. How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Parties are fun, so I'll go and try to convince my friends to come too!

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I'll mentally scoff at their claim, but outwardly I'll just ignore them and not say anything for the sake of avoiding an argument.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
It depends. I consider myself to be an open-minded person, so if I was presented with plausible evidence to support an opposing belief, I would consider it and think it over. If that wasn't the case, I would try to avoid or ignore whatever was clashing with my beliefs.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Uhh... reliability and loyalty are what I expect of others. I find it offensive when people lead me to believe that they consider me a friend and later betray the trust I had in them. Past experiences with people are how I determine these values and future experiences are how they will change. I'm not sure what this question meant exactly, so sorry if that was a vague answer...

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) ...Honestly, I don't really know. I seem to be in the minority when it comes to everything, which makes me feel like the red-headed stepchild sometimes... More personality-wise, I've often been told I was a little crazy, hah (in a good way of course).

b) One aspect of my personality I'd like to change is my over-sensitivity. It isn't uncommon for me to become upset over something a person did or said, even if they meant well. I need to learn to accept criticism better and not let things get under my skin.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I don't get hunches or gut feelings.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Entertaining people, making them laugh, being helpful and having a good time with my friends are what make me the happiest and most energetic. Listening to upbeat music or watching an enjoyable anime can lift my spirits a lot too.

b) Working on something mandatory that requires my creativity and mental energy to complete it and has a deadline - essays, book reports, school papers and the like. My inspiration comes to me on its own and isn't something I can just summon at will, and I also tend to procastinate a lot so yeah... That kind of work with deadlines is quite stressful and energy draining for me.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I tend to stay silent about a lot of my true thoughts and feelings, especially the negative ones. I don't want to cause anyone to be upset or worry about me, or spread any negativity. I can only suppress so much, though, before I eventually can't take it anymore and let everything out in a rant to my friends. I also try to avoid arguments and debates since I can never get my point across and often both sides end up hurt. However, if a friend says something that really bothers me, I'll wait a while to organize my thoughts, facts and logic to back up my point before later confronting them about it.
Tsar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:23 am

@Tsar

Based on your answers if I had to type you I would guess ESFJ. You seem to have strong Fe (due to your concern for the feelings of others around you) and you definitely seem to be more of a sensing type rather than an intuitive type imo.

Am I close?
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 pm

If you are an ESFJ, then hey me too bud! :)

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby subrisive » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:47 pm

I'm pretty sure I know my type but I'm very curious on what you guys think.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances.
There's a very good possibility that I may have anxiety and I become easily depressed.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I'd probably be really upset and it'd most likely show on the outside. If it starts to take awhile to fix I'd probably become aggravated and temperamental, which would also show.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty. How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I would picture it as a stereotypical party and probably wouldn't want to go.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I would make sure to defend my beliefs. I would possibly lose my temper as well, depending on what belief it is.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Again, I would defend myself. I very rarely let those things pass over.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I'd say my most important value (and that comes up pretty often) is standing up for people who have been through hard or triggering times. I also find myself extremely angry when someone jokes about something like that, so I also get on anyone's case who does joke about them. I'm not really sure how I determine mine values, to be honest. I'd say they can change if someone proves to me that I was wrong, but it won't happen at first. It'll take me awhile to realize they were right and then I'd rewire my thinking and views.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I'd say I give pretty good advice, which I don't see in people irl too often. If I could change one thing about myself I'd say my temper, tbh.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I've found that I tend to mistrust my gut feelings since when I do follow them they usually steer me wrong. The only thing that I could think of that most often triggers them are school tests.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
I really like going shopping and to festivals with my family. I'd say having a conversation with someone who is constantly vocal about their views and they wind up being opposite of mine is pretty draining. I'd say being around someone of my own temperament is pretty draining, too. I'd also say anyone who is openly impatient and rude is pretty draining as well.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I have a very hard time repressing any emotion, actually. People around me realize my emotions even when I think I'm concealing them.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
heyo, i'm sub. i love the
the arts (mainly 2d art
and acting), disney,
gemstones/rocks, 5sos,
ouat, and harry potter.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subrisive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hidori Blaith » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:02 pm

I want to join the MBTI club!
Username: Hidori Blaith
Myers Briggs Type? (put unknown if unsure): ENTJ, but the last time I checked this in August for my very first school project of my freshman year, I was an ISTP
Other?: Nope!
smoothie
[/color]
Not really active anymore.
Hidori Blaith

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsar » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:11 am

Simon wrote:
    @Tsar

Based on your answers if I had to type you I would guess ESFJ. You seem to have strong Fe (due to your concern for the feelings of others around you) and you definitely seem to be more of a sensing type rather than an intuitive type imo.

Am I close?

Close!!
Up until recently I had thought my type was ENFP for the longest time, but that never seemed to really fit me so I decided to take the test again, and made sure I answered the questions completely honest instead of how I wished I could answer. The result was ESFP, and the way they described it on the 16Personalities site was so accurate for me!

Username: Tsar
Myers Briggs Type?: ESFP (sorry to disappoint, smofir xD)
Other?: n/a
smoothie
Tsar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SleepyAvocado » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Username: SleepyAvocado
Myers Briggs Type? (put unknown if unsure): INFJ
Other?: If you wanna get super specific I'm an INFJ-T (turbulent variant, as opposed to assertive)
smoothie
sleepy | she/her | infj | pisces sun | aries moon | scorpio rising | chaotic good

ImageImageImageImageImage

check out my auction thread!
SleepyAvocado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me