==> Homestuck Fanclub v4

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ==> Homestuck Fanclub v4

Postby FERALMACHINE » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:00 am

awesome sauce omg,, I revived the thread!!!!!
ImageImage
i go by machine (formerly eggsquerade and boomboxed)
NB OFFICIAL GABRIEL AND V1 ART?? V2’S REMAINS IN THE GLASS?? HELP ME.

I LOVE ULTRAKILL!!!
signature creditPOOKIE
FERALMACHINE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FERALMACHINE » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:01 am

web_cat wrote:
tavrosnitram wrote:wow this post has a lot of dust on it,, im gonna try to make it somewhat more active,,, did you guys see that homestuck was on a billboard in nyc? there’s a video on YouTube!

YOU LEGEND YOU ACTUALLY REVIVED THE THREAD
and coincidentally i just checked out the r/homestuck subreddit for the first time a couple days after they posted that video. only started reading a few days prior. it was really fun to see but it made me wish i got into it MAYBEE a month earlier because i wasn't super deep into homestuck yet by that point. it did help encourage me to keep reading past those first 1000 pages though 👍
i'm sort of curious as to how much they paid for it? i'm not in NYC or even american so i can't really identify the billboard type but it looks like it should be one of the ones that are 3000$-5000$ which is crazy

actually, it was only 40$ to display a 15 second clip!
ImageImage

I LOVE ULTRAKILL!!!
signature creditPOOKIE
FERALMACHINE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby web_cat » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:10 pm

tavrosnitram wrote:actually, it was only 40$ to display a 15 second clip!

really? where did they say this? i swear the original reddit post mentioned how it was the mod team or something that racked up some money to display it. 40$ is practically nothing for something like that so now i am a bit confused o.0

gamer wrote:Glad to hear that :o
That video looks really cool, I'll have to check it out 👀 I remember watching fanmade music videos back in the day.
I read it all the way through back in 2016, and then started rereading it this year because of my sister. I'm only on page 4000 something on my reread, it's certainly very long lol. I thiiiiink it's been popping up a bit more recently because of the Hiveswap act 3 anouncement? I could be wrong though, I've never really checked out Hiveswap. I just know there was new information about it at the SAHCon that happened not long ago this year.

As for god tiers, sadly those are kind of complicated. The most reliable way I've seen to find an "accurate" one is to just do some research about the classes and aspects and go with what description fits best. You can take the official Extended Zodiac quiz they had for hiveswap, and it'll tell you about your extended zodiac, whether you're derse or prospit, and also your aspect. It doesn't tell your class though.
Personally, I just looked at the descriptions they had on the website for each aspect and tried to choose one that fits me the best. I also took a multitude of random other quizzes and tried to go with whatever seemed to be most commonly given to me. As for my class, I did some research as to how the classes work, such as things like this (though this is good for both classes and aspects!)
No harm in just picking whatever you want though. All in good fun!

i got lazy and did a quiz hehe. got maid of mind. checked it out with the websites you listed and it seems decently accurate but maybe i'll have to do a more thorough read-through
also apparently the person who did that AMV (xamag) later contributed officially to homestuck? i have no clue whether or not they were already involved with it by the time that AMV was created, but i thought that was pretty neat. looks like HS had a whole bunch of fan contributions to the comic, actually. i wish more pieces of media did that!

silverlock wrote:
    LK-99 is a polycrystalline chemical compound that is believed to be a superconductor at room temperature. according to wikipedia, -shnip-

you just tossed me into a whole new world there. i will never not have respect for these discoveries and the people behind them. thank you for sharing, now i have someone new to follow even if it means having to regularly marvel at the vast incomprehensibility behind posts like these

web_cat
gal [she/her]
somehow been here for 8 whole years
proud 2024 homestuck
+ ??? (I'LL FIX THE SIG SOON)

web_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CHINARIZING » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:53 am

Everyone in New York City is now at risk of seeing my immense kinny love for Equius Zahhak.
For real though this was pretty swagger. I love how everyone's taking advantage of Times Square billboards now.

I'm gonna be real, I barely read Homestuck but I am IN LOVE with the wackiness, the themes, and most of all the world of the trolls! I already bought like a ~$100 of merch of Equius <3 he's my favorite, Feferi and Nepeta are up there as well

Username: CHINARIZING
God Tier: Sylph of Hope
Patron Troll: Terezi Pyrope
Favourite Kid: Possibly Roxy Lalonde or Dirk Strider
Favourite Troll: Equius Zahhak
Favourite Guardian: Dad
Last edited by CHINARIZING on Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

CHINA 🐲 HE/HIM | ADULT PLAYER | ASIAN-AMERICAN
══════════════════════════════════════════
TRADE THREAD | ART THREAD | ART STORE

art, my OCs, working out, pins/buttons, charms/keychains, E/SE Asian cultures, WACA, WoF, SU, MLP, Minecraft, countries, bully breeds, country personifications, pop punk, alt rock, indie, midwest emo, flags, furry visnovels, obscure horror, early Internet

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
CHINARIZING

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lykoi » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:33 am

Username: - catnipcrash
God Tier: - rouge of heart
Patron Troll: - sollux i think
Favourite Kid: - jade harley
Favourite Troll: - nepeta 4 lyfe
Favourite Guardian: - bec

nepeta & terezi shouldve been allowed to hang out more. theyre both weird & i think they should microwave plastic together. also im excited for halloween this year because ill have an excuse to go out in nep cosplay. hoping the school dress code won't get me for it X_X
✇ jinx ✇
she/he :3
never forget that
cats have eyelashes

(sig is a WIP!)
lykoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CHINARIZING » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:46 am

catnipcrash wrote: nepeta & terezi shouldve been allowed to hang out more. theyre both weird & i think they should microwave plastic together. also im excited for halloween this year because ill have an excuse to go out in nep cosplay. hoping the school dress code won't get me for it X_X

They are honestly so cute together ARGH. I like to think they're queerplatonic or polyamorous redrom.

Also me too! I'm gonna get an Eq cosplay together and hand out candy on Halloween in-character.

CHINA 🐲 HE/HIM | ADULT PLAYER | ASIAN-AMERICAN
══════════════════════════════════════════
TRADE THREAD | ART THREAD | ART STORE

art, my OCs, working out, pins/buttons, charms/keychains, E/SE Asian cultures, WACA, WoF, SU, MLP, Minecraft, countries, bully breeds, country personifications, pop punk, alt rock, indie, midwest emo, flags, furry visnovels, obscure horror, early Internet

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
CHINARIZING

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FERALMACHINE » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:20 am

web_cat wrote:

really? where did they say this? i swear the original reddit post mentioned how it was the mod team or something that racked up some money to display it. 40$ is practically nothing for something like that so now i am a bit confused o.0

i got lazy and did a quiz hehe. got maid of mind. checked it out with the websites you listed and it seems decently accurate but maybe i'll have to do a more thorough read-through
also apparently the person who did that AMV (xamag) later contributed officially to homestuck? i have no clue whether or not they were already involved with it by the time that AMV was created, but i thought that was pretty neat. looks like HS had a whole bunch of fan contributions to the comic, actually. i wish more pieces of media did that!

i saw it in the comments of the YouTube video!! I also did the extended zodiac quiz and some others, im a true Taurus and a page of breath!!
ImageImage

I LOVE ULTRAKILL!!!
signature creditPOOKIE
FERALMACHINE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clip ♡ » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:29 pm

wow, i had no idea there was a whole billboard in new york!
that's actually insane lmao, i love how every once in a while homestuck gets revived.
it always comes back into my brain every few years and i fall in love-hate with it all over again
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
maddy - she/her - Image
hi, i'm clip! I'm an adult from
canada who cries constantly
and loves cats and cartoons.

about - - th - my art

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby web_cat » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:38 pm

well i suppose i can now do one of these now! sorry if my walls of text get a little annoying btw, idk how i'd cut it down.
    Username: web_cat
    God Tier: maid of mind
    Patron Troll: nepeta
    Favourite Kid: john and roxy!
    Favourite Troll: tavros :D
    Favourite Guardian: bec
also WOAW so many cosplayers :D if i were to cosplay someone, i'd probably choose roxy or maybe kanaya? i also really like john's god tier outfit so i would be down to cosplay that. but i have never actually cosplayed before. i've always been interested in doing so, but i never get around to planning something out!
& i agree, nepeta and terezi are an awesome duo. it's honestly too bad that we didn't see more unique interactions between different trolls in general. for EX i think there was a criminal lack of dialogue with sollux, equius, nepeta, heck even eridan could have used more.

CHINARIZING wrote:I'm gonna be real, I barely read Homestuck but I am IN LOVE with the wackiness, the themes, and most of all the world of the trolls! I already bought like a ~$100 of merch of Equius <3 he's my favorite, Feferi and Nepeta are up there as well

what page have you read up to? i would definitely say act 4 and 5 out of what i have read, act 4 is my favourite, though 5 is basically tied at that point

tavrosnitram wrote:i saw it in the comments of the YouTube video!! I also did the extended zodiac quiz and some others, im a true Taurus and a page of breath!!

i did the extended zodiac and got "capripia"? that quiz says i have light aspect but i think mind suits a little more, so that'd be something like capriza. also wow you are literally tavros completely LOL pagechads ftw
--
so little Q for anyone who sees this: what was one of your favourite flash animations from HS? it can be a simple gif or one of the longer plot-important flashes. i like [S] Jade: Enter a lot. the condesce gif segment was also really cool
(also to clip ♡, you somehow managed to ninja me on a homestuck thread in 2023, which is honestly just impressive. i just waited a little bit to post this afterwards lolol)

web_cat
gal [she/her]
somehow been here for 8 whole years
proud 2024 homestuck
+ ??? (I'LL FIX THE SIG SOON)

web_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lykoi » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:50 pm

so little Q for anyone who sees this: what was one of your favourite flash animations from HS? it can be a simple gif or one of the longer plot-important flashes. i like [S] Jade: Enter a lot. the condesce gif segment was also really cool
(also to clip ♡, you somehow managed to ninja me on a homestuck thread in 2023, which is honestly just impressive. i just waited a little bit to post this afterwards lolol)

the jade flash is one of my favs toooo. i like [S] make her pay and [S] dirk : unite synchronization. also cant forget..[S] jack: ascend is cool
✇ jinx ✇
she/he :3
never forget that
cats have eyelashes

(sig is a WIP!)
lykoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups