✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Will You Be Getting the USUM Trainer Dual Pack?

The what now?
53%
No, too expensive!
35%
Yes 8D
11%

Total votes : 238

Re: ✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | {31/1/16} | ✿

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:25 am

I was looking around eBay, and I noticed something that really made me upset. A seller was basically selling Pokemon that had been created with the PowerSaves cheat device, and while the Pokemon are 'legit' meaning they can be used in online battles without raising a red flag and consequentially resulting in an internet ban, it's still a load of crap. I started to question if that sort of listing is even allowed, because they have a policy against digitally delivered goods
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MunchiiMoon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:33 am

Pretty sure selling pokemon is against GameFreak's policy

Also does anyone have an extra dialga/palkia code?
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sathalina » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Kraken VS Octo-Kun wrote:I was looking around eBay, and I noticed something that really made me upset. A seller was basically selling Pokemon that had been created with the PowerSaves cheat device, and while the Pokemon are 'legit' meaning they can be used in online battles without raising a red flag and consequentially resulting in an internet ban, it's still a load of crap. I started to question if that sort of listing is even allowed, because they have a policy against digitally delivered goods

I was hoping to use the PowerSave so I could get myself a Shiny Darkrai, are we not allowed to do that for personal collections?
    " rotten to the core . "
    Satha - She/Her/They - ©
    Just three Kobolds in a trenchcoat.
    Trading pets
Sathalina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:17 pm

Sathalina wrote:
Kraken VS Octo-Kun wrote:I was looking around eBay, and I noticed something that really made me upset. A seller was basically selling Pokemon that had been created with the PowerSaves cheat device, and while the Pokemon are 'legit' meaning they can be used in online battles without raising a red flag and consequentially resulting in an internet ban, it's still a load of crap. I started to question if that sort of listing is even allowed, because they have a policy against digitally delivered goods

I was hoping to use the PowerSave so I could get myself a Shiny Darkrai, are we not allowed to do that for personal collections?

You can probably get it for a collection, but if you use certain features in PowerSaves, such as hatching an egg into a Pokemon that can't be hatched from eggs, you can't use it in online battles, or put it up for trade online. If you really want a Darkrai, your best course of action is using a Mystery Gift cheat that gives you a Darkrai, but I would not recommend attempting to make it shiny.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sathalina » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Kraken VS Octo-Kun wrote:
You can probably get it for a collection, but if you use certain features in PowerSaves, such as hatching an egg into a Pokemon that can't be hatched from eggs, you can't use it in online battles, or put it up for trade online. If you really want a Darkrai, your best course of action is using a Mystery Gift cheat that gives you a Darkrai, but I would not recommend attempting to make it shiny.

No I have a Darkrai, I want a Shiny Darkrai for my Collection~
    " rotten to the core . "
    Satha - She/Her/They - ©
    Just three Kobolds in a trenchcoat.
    Trading pets
Sathalina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Ok, misunderstood that. If it came from an in-game event, and not a Mystery Gift, making it Shiny shouldn't(to my knowledge) affect its legitimacy as a Pokemon usable in online battles and trades. Not that you'd trade it. The only thing I can say is if it was transferred from a game such as Platinum or SoA, I'd recommend seeing if Darkrai was shiny-locked. People used a loophole in the mechanics to make Manaphy, which was shiny-locked, hatch as a shiny. Example: If you generate an egg using PowerSaves that is guaranteed to produce a shiny, trading that egg to another game will remove the guarantee and leave it to chance. If an egg is bred by one player, and hatched by another, the personality value is reset, and may become shiny for one player, but not shiny for another. But point is, Manaphy was originally shiny-locked, but people used the Spin Trade to make it possible to hatch shiny. If Darkrai was shiny-locked in any games and it came from that game, it is considered non-legit. Example: I received a Shiny Zekrom in a Wonder Trade. It was possible to obtain a Shiny Zekrom in ORAS, through soft resetting, but it was not possible too get a shiny Zekrom in B/W/B2/W2, and it had been transferred from one of those games. That raised a red flag for me
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Kraken VS Octo-Kun wrote:Ok, misunderstood that. If it came from an in-game event, and not a Mystery Gift, making it Shiny shouldn't(to my knowledge) affect its legitimacy as a Pokemon usable in online battles and trades. Not that you'd trade it. The only thing I can say is if it was transferred from a game such as Platinum or SoA, I'd recommend seeing if Darkrai was shiny-locked. People used a loophole in the mechanics to make Manaphy, which was shiny-locked, hatch as a shiny. Example: If you generate an egg using PowerSaves that is guaranteed to produce a shiny, trading that egg to another game will remove the guarantee and leave it to chance. If an egg is bred by one player, and hatched by another, the personality value is reset, and may become shiny for one player, but not shiny for another. But point is, Manaphy was originally shiny-locked, but people used the Spin Trade to make it possible to hatch shiny. If Darkrai was shiny-locked in any games and it came from that game, it is considered non-legit. Example: I received a Shiny Zekrom in a Wonder Trade. It was possible to obtain a Shiny Zekrom in ORAS, through soft resetting, but it was not possible too get a shiny Zekrom in B/W/B2/W2, and it had been transferred from one of those games. That raised a red flag for me

Shiny locks started in Gen 5, so any event legends from gens 2-4 can be shiny if you soft reset for them
Manaphy is only "shiny locked" on the first game you transfer it to from the Ranger game; if you trade it to a different game in the 4th gen it has a chance to be shiny, like the other legendaries in the game uvu

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The figure opens its mouth...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael (Mal) - He/they/it - adult
the world's most normal petscop enjoyer
I like Deltarune, drawing, warrior cats, and sonic the hedgehog.
werm time

DeerKiri
click my magistream guys pease

Kalons - Storkies
My OCs - My Kalons - Storkies Archive - Stars Archive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(You plead for it to stop.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MunchiiMoon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:52 pm

Geowlett wrote:-snip-
Also does anyone have an extra dialga/palkia code?
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:16 am

So I'm playing Emerald, and I recently evolved my Nincada into Ninjask and Shedinja, and I was thinking of names for them. I looked at the Name Rater website for names, and I noticed a name that the Name Rater actually liked. The Name Rater is basically the Simon Cowell of Pokemon nicknames, so seeing a name they actually like is rare. The person named their Shedinja Yin, and their Ninjask Yang. I found this pretty unique, so I decided to follow the example
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Woo, I bought crystal on eshop the other day and I'm soft re-setting for a shiny celebi. It'll probably take forever. :"D
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me