✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Will You Be Getting the USUM Trainer Dual Pack?

The what now?
53%
No, too expensive!
35%
Yes 8D
11%

Total votes : 238

Re: ✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | {31/1/16} | ✿

Postby bisylizzie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:07 am

Konata. wrote:I see everyone talking about their progress on games, and here I am who havent started xD

I've recently got really interested in Pokemon adventures manga, and was wondering who has read it, or what arcs you've read?

I've read the first... 14 volumes? Up to the end of the GSC arc. It's an interesting take on the Pokemon world, especially compared to the likes of the anime and games. Kinda put the series on the back burner, though, as got other stuff I wanna grab first (plus, the way VIZ have been releasing some of their more recent "volumes", first in 90~ page books, then later getting the standard 200~ page releases bugs me... It's like, do I grab the "mini-volumes", or wait to see if they release the "proper" ones which have the "Adventures" subtitle on them?). Maybe I'll have to get back to grabbing the box sets, at least up until DPPt, and hope they do a box set for the "Adventures" version of the BW releases...
On manga thoughts, Viz release the first English volume of Horizon in July. It's based on Sun/Moon, and seems it could be interesting... There's gonna be a sample chapter available as one of the Free Comic Book Day offerings in May, so I might see if I can grab it and check it out before the full release...
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Death&Ruin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:47 am

Konata. wrote:I see everyone talking about their progress on games, and here I am who havent started xD

I've recently got really interested in Pokemon adventures manga, and was wondering who has read it, or what arcs you've read?

I read the manga! At least up to the Black2/White 2 arc. Since I read most of it online, I stopped when there weren't any more updates coming. I could check whether it has updated or not by now, but I'm more focused on other manga at the time, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did enjoy the maga, though! Especially the later arcs, since they were a bit better than the first ones imo. The first few arcs are a bit too silly or nonsensical to me sometimes, though the later arcs also suffer from this from time to time. I also wasn't a big fan of certain characters coming back again and again and again ... my favourite arc so far has been the DPPt one, I really loved the characters and the story overall, though the Black/White one was also really good. Not a fan of the Black2/White2 one, though ... SPOILER:
I mean come on. A teenager is a more professional detective than an adult who has been in the field for years?? And for some reason, he also gets all the legendaries like ... what's up with that.
Death&Ruin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby regigigas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:28 pm

i've read the originals up to.. rse? skipped those for some reason, read dppt (which is easily my favorite) and part of bw. it's really something- it's a lot darker than the games? there's some blood and ... stuff.

then i learned that [SPOILER: archie n maxie DIE those are my BOYS.], and i got too pissed at the manga to read it. petty, yea, but. Don't Harm Those Characters

that aside, they're supposed to be pretty amazing.
Imagechess
she/they/he
inactive, please don't offer on pets

regigigas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess of Wolves » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Anybody know what pokemon look like the cat on my signature? I love Pokemon AND cats. So cats + pokemon = HEAVENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
✰ ℋ𝒆𝓵𝓵𝓸! 𝓘'𝓶 𝓔𝓼𝓹𝒆𝓸𝓷! 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆 𝓟𝓸𝓴𝒆𝓶𝓸𝓷! 𝓐𝓷𝓭 ℛ𝓞ℬℒ𝓞𝓧! 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓦𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓻𝓼! 𝓘'𝓶 ℱ𝒆𝓶𝓪𝓵𝒆 (𝓸𝓫𝓿𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓵𝔂) 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝒇 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝒆 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝒆𝓵𝔂, 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝒆 𝓟ℳ 𝓶𝒆! 𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝓲𝓷𝒆 ℱ𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼, 𝓢𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼, 𝓢𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝒆𝓽𝓲𝓶𝒆𝓼 𝒆𝓪𝓻𝓵𝔂 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓷 ℳ𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼. ✰
Princess of Wolves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby regigigas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:11 pm

SplashGames wrote:Anybody know what pokemon look like the cat on my signature? I love Pokemon AND cats. So cats + pokemon = HEAVENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

aha,, i'm afraid that isn't a pokemon!

it looks the most like purrloin, i'd say. Image
Imagechess
she/they/he
inactive, please don't offer on pets

regigigas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Umm okay so

Apparently there is a Japanese only game called detective pikachu that is being ported to the us where pikachu is basically Sherlock who drinks a lot of coffee and talks. And has a gun.

They plan to make a live action movie about this later on that will be written by a guardians of the galaxy writer and Alex Hirsch.

Oh, and Ryan Reynolds voices pikachu in the movie.

Someone had to be drunk coming up with this idea.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/12/16882788/detective-pikachu-pokemon-game-amiibo-nintendo-3ds

Edit; Further info proves this is legit wth

The Legendary film, based on the video game-sprung multimedia juggernaut, already has director Rob Letterman ("Goosebumps") and actors Justice Smith ("Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom") and Kathryn Newton ("Lady Bird") already in place, with Alex Hirsch ("Gravity Falls") and Nicole Perlman ("Guardians of the Galaxy") handling the script.

Saw the cast in a different article WHEEZE they're starring in a freaking live action pikachu movie

I CANT THIS HAS TO BE THE PEAK OF THEIR CAREERS MY GOD IM DYING
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess of Wolves » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:36 am

painwheel wrote:
SplashGames wrote:Anybody know what pokemon look like the cat on my signature? I love Pokemon AND cats. So cats + pokemon = HEAVENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

aha,, i'm afraid that isn't a pokemon!

it looks the most like purrloin, i'd say. Image

Oh cool I love Purrloin!
✰ ℋ𝒆𝓵𝓵𝓸! 𝓘'𝓶 𝓔𝓼𝓹𝒆𝓸𝓷! 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆 𝓟𝓸𝓴𝒆𝓶𝓸𝓷! 𝓐𝓷𝓭 ℛ𝓞ℬℒ𝓞𝓧! 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓦𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓻𝓼! 𝓘'𝓶 ℱ𝒆𝓶𝓪𝓵𝒆 (𝓸𝓫𝓿𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓵𝔂) 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝒇 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝒆 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝒆𝓵𝔂, 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝒆 𝓟ℳ 𝓶𝒆! 𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝓲𝓷𝒆 ℱ𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼, 𝓢𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼, 𝓢𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝒆𝓽𝓲𝓶𝒆𝓼 𝒆𝓪𝓻𝓵𝔂 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓷 ℳ𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼. ✰
Princess of Wolves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raikki » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:48 am

@Rin
*3am on Friday night, everyone’s drunk and still drinking*
waI-WAIT I h-h-HAD aN iDeaaaaa ! !! !
Wh-what if- if PIKACHU *starts dying of laughter* had a freaking little SHERLOCK hat and a SMOL PIPE *wheezing on the floor by now*
And-and-and- it’s one of those horribly rendered LIVE ACTION MOVIES
(100% real dialogue from the night where this was pitched)
Seriously how can this be real
Check out my art shop
Raikki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mew5522 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:28 am

@Rin
XD I was so confused when I first saw the trailer for the game, and I had absolutly no clue there's also going to be a live action. In my own opinion (no offense to anyone who thinks otherwise), personally I think the character models really suck XD, also I feel like there should be more costimization on the character person. I mean if the game is super cheap or something I may buy it just to see how it is, because I mean solving a pokemon mystery does sound kida cool if you forget about all the other stuff. So ya this all is just going to turn out really interesting.... (No Alex Hirsch don't fail us). Personally I think they really should have just stuck with long boy executor, because I mean having all the evil peeps is pretty cool. My brother thought sun/moon/sun2/moon2 were stupid so he didn't get them *cough cough fake fan cough cough* (They're actually pretty good) so I can't wait to see my brothers reaction to this XD

@Raikki
XD sounds pretty accurate, imagine the behind the scenes where its just "how did you come up with this idea"
Mew5522

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:53 pm

My week has been made honestly gosh I love Japan.

This game was made in 2016 and is only now being ported over if I recall, so the models are older. It seems they didn't do much to change it.
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery