❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby gasp » Wed May 05, 2021 5:42 am

oh man I hope Im not too late to join the party

Username: Granger
Nickname{s}: N/A, "granger" is fine! <3
Favourite plant: I just got a new ripple peperomia and I'm.. obsessed. any plant with pink or red accents owns my heart automatically
i love plants

I've been bothering my friends and family with plant talk enough and bless their souls for listening to me but it's time I found a new outlet heheh. I'm gonna drop some questions here, feel free to answer whichever ones you want!!

1. What was your first plant? (or the oldest one you own now, if you can't remember)
2. Do you "name" your plants? If so what's the best/funniest/your favorite name you or someone else has given one of your plants?
3. How did you get into owning plants?
4. How has the journey been for you so far? Easy? Tough? Have you killed a lot of plants throughout the learning process or have you been doing a pretty good job?

My answers:
1. I'm pretty sure my first plant was a string of pearls. She's still alive actually and requires almost nothing from me. Love her
2. I used to name them but I kept forgetting their names so not anymore tbh. all I know is that they're all women. dont ask why
3. I had a partner who was suuuper into plants. his room was basically a garden and I was mesmerized. ever since then I blew my money at plant nurseries at least once a month. it's kind of a problem but im not complaining
4. oh yeah I've killed a good few for sure. at the beginning I only owned succulents and cacti because I was too afraid to own anything else and I could not find the balance between over-watering and not watering enough for the life of me. my succulents either shriveled up because I neglected them for weeks at a time or the leaves fell off because I over-watered. I'm still in the learning stage for sure but I've had pretty good luck more recently! or im just learning how to care for them better

hopefully this sparks some conversation! hehe
gasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Wed May 05, 2021 6:01 am

1. What was your first plant? (or the oldest one you own now, if you can't remember)
First plant years and years ago was probably an african violet, but it's long dead by now since it was way before I got into plants as an adult.

2. Do you "name" your plants? If so what's the best/funniest/your favorite name you or someone else has given one of your plants?
No, I have far too many ^^;

Started as an anxiety coping mechanism during the worst year of undergrad and I just never stopped!

4. How has the journey been for you so far? Easy? Tough? Have you killed a lot of plants throughout the learning process or have you been doing a pretty good job?
I think it's been a pretty smooth learning process. I've lost my fair share of plants, like anyone, but it could have been worse!
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:43 am

Ooh welcome to all of you! ^^

Now that the warm weather is back, my green thumb is getting its proper nourishment again, heh. xD

Im excited to see that my eastern bluestar flower made it through the particularly harsh winter that we had, its always been one of my favorites with those little clusters of blooms

And as always i have my fair share of veggies well on their way. Like my collard greens and peas for example. ^^

Also got a little batch of carrots going. I tried to get some planted earlier in the year but then the weather decided that it needed to be swamp season (tons of rain) which brought slug-mageddown down on my garden and wiped out the first batch of carrot sprouts sljfslf. so trying again in a container on the back deck instead. xD

I'm also giving potatoes a go this year. I've grown them before but this is my first actual time growing them in ground, usually its always just been in a really large container. I decided on purple potatoes this time. I've been seeing some flower buds starting to grow on them which means potatoes soon! ^^

And something completely new im trying are haskap berry bushes, they are supposed to taste like a combination of blueberry and raspberry. They are just focusing their energy on getting bigger this year, the next year is when i should get lots of berries from them. c:

Also just wanted to say thanks for being accepting of my veggie garden updates. There used to be a topic for that over in the adult forum but just straight up died even regardless of me trying to revive it. 😅
I'm back, gonna give this site another try lol, please be patient with me while i get things re-organized <3

Other places you can find me:

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rileypillow » Sun May 16, 2021 8:48 am

Hi everyone! :)
A little note but I enjoy researching plant behaviour and view plants as friends, because some people find me a bit odd.
I absolutely adore plants! I love trees and I keep a few of my own <3 They’re very sweet and I’ve grown up with them.
Sadly one of my little saplings fell ill because we can’t repot them </3 Poor little thing, they’re my favourite one as well. Our area is too dangerous to plant them, including gardens and plant nurseries. I hope we can find a safe place to put them :''I I’ll do everything to find a small patch of land for sale to plant them.
On a brighter note, I’ve got a little mini citrus sapling. I don’t know how to tell the different types apart because I’m not an expert, so I can’t wait to find out what it will be! I remember when it was tiny, and how I thought it looked so sweet, and then it was gifted to me!
I’ve also got small house plants, including a cactus from a cutting I got when I was young. My favourite are the “living stones” which I will grow one day.
I may share some photos of them <3
rileypillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stqrveil » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:58 pm

Hello! I saw this thread and knew immediately that I had to join-

Username: stqrveil
Nickname{s}: Aster is fine!
Favourite plant: I like creeping plants like ivy and pothos, cacti, succulents, lavender (or pretty much any wildflower!)

Hmm, I think my oldest one is a little star cactus that has been holding up beautifully for a while

y e s definitely! I can't decide which name is my favorite, Prickles or Sylvia

I think I just developed a love for them over time, it started out with me loving fresh mint for my tea, and an attempt to grow it myself. There have been a lot of casualties but I'm still working on getting a good pot of mint :3 I also really enjoy the calm atmosphere a plant brings to a room, and to watch them grow and flourish gives me joy.

It's been okay! I'm still trying to figure out the requirements for each of my plants, and stress about whether I'm doing it right. I remember killing a whole pot of mixed succulents because all of them needed different water amounts and sunlight Dx I'm steadily getting more obsessed with them though, bringing a new little leafy friend home every day!
-wip sig-
please bear with me
feel free to chat or trade :]
stqrveil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Andromeda » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:06 pm

Hi, erm, I created a lovely little discord for plant lovers c; If anyone wants to join, it's still pretty new so let me know if you find any bugs<3

https://discord.gg/sMyVws8v
──-───────────
She/Her
I love cyan and space and narrative video games

───────────-──
███░██████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────────────

Chat with me about literally anything..
Life is Strange 2, COD, Smite, AC, Mass Effect
DC > Marvel

───────────────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
My Stables
Kibbins
coding credit

───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████
Andromeda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby l1lithu » Mon May 16, 2022 11:25 pm

Username: l1lithu
Nickname{s}: Lilith/Lith
Favourite plant: I simply adore (Rhytidiadelphus squarrosus) basically just common garden moss, and most types of ferns!
i love plants
l1lithu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby samm. » Sun May 22, 2022 4:28 pm

Username: buzzy.bee
    Nickname{s}: just bee is fine! =)
    Favourite plant: i love pumpkins, catnip, and anything with white!
    i would literally sell my whole entire soul for a variegated monstera
    😭
    i love plants
    i've been looking for a plant thread for a while now and i just stumbled upon this, so hi! how's everyone doing? i currently have a dozen different houseplants. i have three different types of pothos (two goldens, a marble queen, and a neon), two birds nest snake plants, a monstera, a christmas cactus, three catnips, and my friend just gifted me a night sky petunia! it's so pretty!! i also have some garden plants. i've got two different types of potatoes, some onions, some garlic, and i just tonight started some jack-o-lantern and some connecticut field pumpkins! in the past i've not had the best luck with them, powdery mildew usually gets to them before they have a chance to really produce anything, so just in case, i'm also going to be getting some powdery mildew resistant varieties at the beginning of next month. i'm thinking magic lantern, fireball, and popcorn. maybe one too many as well? ooh, and some mini's, that'd be cool. i dunno, i'm still undecided haha. all i know is, i'm gonna have a big patch this year, and i'm excited!

edited 6/2: ordered some seeds yesterday! for pumpkins i ended up getting these varieties; magic lantern, lumina, jarrahdale, valenciano, and jack be little! i also picked up two types of corn, glass gem and indian. on top of that, i also picked up three different types of onions that are new to me. red beard bunching onions, walla walla onions, and utah yellow sweet spanish onions! will update as soon as they arrive!
    😁

╔════════════════════════════╗
elliot / ellie, or sam | genderfluid | he/they
single | polyromantic demisexual | polyam
omnist | covenless witch | scorpio / ox
infp-t | chaotic good | poet | listo

╚════════════════════════════╝

samm.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vertigo » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:49 am

username: vertigo
    nickname{s}: n/a
    favourite plant: thai constellation monstera, pothos, philos.. many more
    i love plants
      i've been looking for a thread like this! i've always loved plants, but as of lately i've been more into them. my room is currently filled with pathos. i have a neon, blue, and golden. two philodendron micans, and a cissus discolor. as you may be able to tell, i love everything and anything that climbs. my goal is to have my wall covered (yes, i know that some plants like to attach themselves directly to the walls. but i'm not too worried.)

i would love to have some pretty monsteras. but every single darn one i've purchased has been severely root bound + has fallen victim to root rot. the root rot part was probably my fault. maybe i'll try again now that i'm more knowledgeable.
expect nothing and appreciate everything
vertigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ceshi » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:49 am

Username: ceshi
Nickname{s}: ice, cesh
Favourite plant: ferns, pumpkins, celosias, orchids, mosses, inky cap mushrooms, cactuses
i really like gardening and plant IDing so i thought id join the forum :0
Seh-she
any pronouns
ceshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me