Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Postby Greenleaf » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Username:
        Greenleaf

Name/Nickname[s]:
        None really, please feel free to call me whatever you'd like!

Pronouns:
        she/her

Do you have an signature shop?:
        No, but I have recently opened a free sig request thread here.

What's your favourite and least favourite part about coding:
        I both love and abhor editing images and formatting layouts. My process for editing images can be lots of fun but also rather tedious and/or throw-and-miss, and layouts are great when they work but painful when they don't.

When did you begin making signatures?:
        Maybe about a year after I joined the site? But I started getting semi-serious about coding fairly recently, like sometime last year, and I started putting considerably more effort into coding around the beginning of this school year.

Tell us a bit about yourself?:
        Well, I'm not very good at coding but I enjoy doing it. It's a more productive way of de-stressing for me that actually produces a final result, which I like. I end up getting a surfeit of codes I don't need, though, hence why I opened my request thread. As for my interests, I'm fond of reading, writing, and Sherlock Holmes.

Irisid, I'd like to sign up!

I hope you all don't mind me joining in on such short notice. ^^' I started getting into coding a lot recently and thought I ought to join this thread. I may lurk a lot but I'll be on.

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:46 am

@kaplantai Beautiful new sig, i love your colour scheme, so cute!! i'm not the best person to ask about filling space, but well done!!

@G0LDST4R Ragnys look really cute and their thread is so well done, gorgeous thread!!

@greenleaf Welcome to the thread!! It's a pleasure to meet you - i love your sig right now, minimalist gorgeousness C:

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cainhurst » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:46 am

just here to share something real quick
    i decided to collect transparent stuff on imgur so others have an easier time finding decent stuff
    i started out with transparent flowers, since they seem to be pretty popular right now
    i might still split them up into black/white and coloured transparent, but i'm not sure yet

anyway, if any of you have some specific transparent theme you need, feel free to message me about it c:
    i'll probably start up chrome later to search through my transparent folders since there's a lot of stuff in there
xxxImage
x

────────────────────────────────────
THE PRETTIEST PETALS ARE THE SHARPEST THORNS

- cyril/sylver ✦ they/he ✦ adult ✦ infj-t ✦ german -
writer, gamer, roleplayer, and parent to six guinea pigs.
never beating the irl clan toreador vampire allegations.

avatar art credit to @DearHeartsWish on twitter

THEY ALWAYS KNOW WHAT THEY'RE LOOKING FOR
cainhurst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:45 am

branch chief faba wrote:
    just here to share something real quick
    i decided to collect transparent stuff on imgur so others have an easier time finding decent stuff
    i started out with transparent flowers, since they seem to be pretty popular right now
    i might still split them up into black/white and coloured transparent, but i'm not sure yet

anyway, if any of you have some specific transparent theme you need, feel free to message me about it c:
    i'll probably start up chrome later to search through my transparent folders since there's a lot of stuff in there

OMG yes these are all so pretty yes i can't wait to use some of them <3
    also your usernames are always so nice what the heck ;;
do you like omelettes?
appi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cainhurst » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:46 am

kairin. wrote:
    OMG yes these are all so pretty yes i can't wait to use some of them <3
    also your usernames are always so nice what the heck ;;

i'm glad you enjoy them, i thought i might as well share all of the saved transparent pics so others can use them c:
    and thank you ;;

so, i divided the transparent flowers into coloured and black/white pictures to make things even easier
    i'll be doing this with future themes too, and i might also add a "realistic folder"?
    i don't think realistic transparents are as popular as drawn/painted ones though
    a user suggested birds, so i'll be definitely adding some of these c:

for future reference, you can easily access and see all of the folders on this imgur profile <3
    some of these look "messy" in preview and they probably are (since i didn't make most of them transparent)
    but if they are downsized & used in a signature, they should definitely look fine~
xxxImage
x

THE PRETTIEST PETALS ARE THE SHARPEST THORNS

- cyril/sylver ✦ they/he ✦ adult ✦ infj-t ✦ german -
writer, gamer, roleplayer, and parent to six guinea pigs.
never beating the irl clan toreador vampire allegations.

avatar art credit to @DearHeartsWish on twitter

THEY ALWAYS KNOW WHAT THEY'RE LOOKING FOR
cainhurst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chemicello » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:55 am

@branch chief faba, thats such a good idea! I will no doubt use some of them in the future ^^

@Greenleaf, welcome! I'm loving the theme in your sig, the layout of it is perfect c:

@kaplantai, ahhh i love it, such a cute colour scheme! I'm a sucker for muted pinks c: as for fill in the space, i would say some little pink flower images, like in the main image, or as neko said, some sakura flower images would look cute. But tbh you could get away with leaving it as it is, its easily good enough! Also, what font did you use for 'cause'? I love it haha ^^

--

Okay, I just finished a sig commission, can i have opinions/critique?
here
Also, how much would you guys charge for a sig like that? I want to know if im undercharging lol half the time I do them for free tbh
╔════════════════╗
chemi .INFJ. she/her
ravenclaw. french/ english.
*houseplant enthusiast*
*mountain and trail runner*
I love roleplaying, and
helping new players. pm me
if you want help or a chat!

╚════════════════╝

Chemicello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaplantai » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:54 am

Chemicello wrote:@branch chief faba, thats such a good idea! I will no doubt use some of them in the future ^^

@Greenleaf, welcome! I'm loving the theme in your sig, the layout of it is perfect c:

@kaplantai, ahhh i love it, such a cute colour scheme! I'm a sucker for muted pinks c: as for fill in the space, i would say some little pink flower images, like in the main image, or as neko said, some sakura flower images would look cute. But tbh you could get away with leaving it as it is, its easily good enough! Also, what font did you use for 'cause'? I love it haha ^^

--

Okay, I just finished a sig commission, can i have opinions/critique?
here
Also, how much would you guys charge for a sig like that? I want to know if im undercharging lol half the time I do them for free tbh

@everyone thanks for all the tips!! i will make sure to keep all of them in mind

@chemicello the font is on 1001 free fonts and it is called "flyflop"
p.s. i like the swirly font in the comission and the color scheme,
i would maybe look for png images of crystals, overall its great!!
━━━━━━━━━
xxkaplantai
xxxx/kap•lan•tie/
xxxxxxxxnoun
━━━━━━━━━
Image Image
━━━━━━━━━━
✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
uni student. quiet artist.
friend to all. coffee lover.
funky dancer. poet. astro
logy fanatic. tired 25/8.
tumblr about me art

━━━━━━━━━━
Image Image
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Imagexxbut
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
heyo, i'm kaplantai. call me kap or tai. i am a busy uni
student that loves coding and art. i have a siggy shop:
& a pixel shop: . check em' out. thanks and peace doods.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Image Image

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
kaplantai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:23 pm

I've noticed that it's been a bit dead here. But also where this thread has gone in direction. Sans the last few posts, it's turned into a comment and criticism thread where you ask for opinions on your signature and then get answers, similar to the Plumie fanclub or Viscet fanclub. Which is fine I guess but it kills the community vibe into oblivion and back. Criticism which is unbias in the form where everyone is more welcome can be get from Sig Criticism while Praise can be get from Sig respect. I kind of want to try and encourage the use of these threads so discussion can take place here. (Admittedly I am someone also responsible for driving away discussion, which I apologize for. I am a stupid idiot sometimes and this is one of those times)

So to liven things up a little, please feel free to ask for advice and stuff! Share techniques, create more than anything. The more people in the fanclub sharing ideas and knowledge the happier this place will be.

A good start to this is the Rate Signature Thread. I love to hear some feedback in regards to how it operates currently since the new rule so I know where it is at community wise. If anything I apologize for not asking this sooner, unfortunately life can be funny IRL.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qeu9nveq7vn » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:50 pm

@Zey;; it's definitely getting better - you're handling it better than I ever could.

I have a little question to ask you all - what is your favourite colour scheme to work with?
    For me this is definitely grayscale - as you can probably tell, I make nearly all of my personal coding using it. In fact, the only colours I will use is a little splash from the images [like in my current wip signature] or a dark crimson that I use w a y t o o much.
qeu9nveq7vn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mucrospirifer . » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:10 pm

@zey
    ah sorry i don't have much to say by way of the sig rate thread 'cause i never post there, but it does seem to be a reasonable rule?

also i mean, i can see why people tend to come here for sig comments rather than the sig respect thread; sig res is a huge mixed bag and while it's great for showering cool sigs with love, when you're looking for actual opinions on hours of work, the people here consistently tend to be a little more helpful than "i don't like it because it's pink" or whatever.

wait also is the sig crit thread new? i was going to say that sound unappealing but reading the most recent pages it seems like people get the idea of not being super rude. i'd really love to see the wording changed to "sig critique" though i 500% get what the thread is getting at now that i've seen it.

that said yeah sometimes the pressure of 'welp now i've gotta include a comment about this in my post' can kind of kill activity.

@all
    i've got a couple questions-

regarding the windows vs. mac displays;
    i notice that closed boxes are broken a lot on my computer; has anyone figured out how to consistently make them work on multiple operating systems?

+ does anyone know a good tutorial for matching colors between two photos without making them monochrome/using a gradient map? i know photoshop cs has an automated way to do it, but i can't get cs2 on my computer. i'm working with ps elements and occasionally gimp

edit;
    @sedition
    mm grayscale is so good haha
    i really love orange/gray/black combos, and i don't use it nearly enough to show how much i love it.
    but like, just generally black/gray + one other color is my way to go after that awful mess of trying to use a bunch of colors on my daffodil/iris sig :0
    I   K E E P  ──────
    FIGHTING
    ──────────────

─────────────────
    jay | he/they | bored
    send me song recs
    and
    sig requests ?
    ─────────────────

──────────────────────  T H E S E
mucrospirifer .

My pets