CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Postby cyan.skies » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:26 pm

Has anyone got any tips for detangling curly wigs without making them too straight? Mine is in an absolute mess at the moment.
cyan.skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yesterday. » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:32 am

i don't have any experience with curly wigs unfortunately, sorry! have you looked on YouTube? there might be a few cosplay channels on there that have covered it. best of luck, i know wigs can be a pain!
yesterday.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bee buzz » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:39 am

meganwolf24 wrote:Has anyone got any tips for detangling curly wigs without making them too straight? Mine is in an absolute mess at the moment.

Check out Alexa Poletti on YT! She has some perfect tutorials!

I have four months til my con and I'm STILL not sure what my cosplay lineup will be. I want to do so many different characters.
- Harley Quinn
- Toko/Genocide Jack (this is a definite bc my guy friend is gonna do Byakuya)
- Tsumugi/Mio/Yui from K-On!
- Casual!Serena or Casual!Mina or Casual!Lita from Sailor Moon
- Susy or Lotte from Little Witch Academia

Ugh anybody else feel the struggle? XD

twitter || TH
not presently taking art commissions!
add me on ACNH: SW-8547-7624-6980
add me on duolingo: beezare

I speak English || я говорю по-русский

bee buzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lamia Raven » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:08 pm

Harley is a good choice; you've got the beginning of it, after all. Sucy is a good choice, too. You'd suit her. Up to you, though!
ARO+ACE+DEMIBOY
Lamia Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koi.fish » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:45 am

Does anyone have any tips for me? I’ve never cosplayed and I’m thinking of doing it.
koi.fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyan.skies » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:09 am

LunarDragonTamer wrote:Does anyone have any tips for me? I’ve never cosplayed and I’m thinking of doing it.

I'd say pick a character you really love, because then you'll be able to get into the character a lot better and you'll probably enjoy it more than you would if you cosplay a character that you don't know much about. Also choose a character that you feel you'll be able to do. If it's your first cosplay, maybe don't start off with something super difficult unless you're really sure that you'll be able to do it. Also have a budget in mind so you know how much you have to spend on makeup, wigs etc. Also don'y worry about making your cosplay completely accurate. I like to cosplay my characters with slightly different coloured hair or different makeup just to make them easier for me to cosplay.

Also when looking at how to put the cosplay together, really study the character so you have a clear idea of how you want to do the look and how you want the hair to be etc. Some other random tips: eyebrows can really change your face, and contour can as well. Eyeshadow can work just as well as proper eyebrow and contour kits (I use eyeshadow for eyebrows, contour, and also i colour my lips with it if I don't have the right lipstick colours). I've also used eyeshadow and facepaint to draw tattoos/markings onto my arms.

This was way too long, but basically just choose a character you enjoy and have fun doing it! Cosplay is super fun even if your cosplay isn't completely accurate and it's a great way to show your love for characters and fandoms!! :)
cyan.skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lamia Raven » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:50 pm

Agreed
ARO+ACE+DEMIBOY
Lamia Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koi.fish » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:59 pm

meganwolf24 wrote:
LunarDragonTamer wrote:Does anyone have any tips for me? I’ve never cosplayed and I’m thinking of doing it.

I'd say pick a character you really love, because then you'll be able to get into the character a lot better and you'll probably enjoy it more than you would if you cosplay a character that you don't know much about. Also choose a character that you feel you'll be able to do. If it's your first cosplay, maybe don't start off with something super difficult unless you're really sure that you'll be able to do it. Also have a budget in mind so you know how much you have to spend on makeup, wigs etc. Also don'y worry about making your cosplay completely accurate. I like to cosplay my characters with slightly different coloured hair or different makeup just to make them easier for me to cosplay.

Also when looking at how to put the cosplay together, really study the character so you have a clear idea of how you want to do the look and how you want the hair to be etc. Some other random tips: eyebrows can really change your face, and contour can as well. Eyeshadow can work just as well as proper eyebrow and contour kits (I use eyeshadow for eyebrows, contour, and also i colour my lips with it if I don't have the right lipstick colours). I've also used eyeshadow and facepaint to draw tattoos/markings onto my arms.

This was way too long, but basically just choose a character you enjoy and have fun doing it! Cosplay is super fun even if your cosplay isn't completely accurate and it's a great way to show your love for characters and fandoms!! :)

The thing is that (even though my favourite character has the same skin color as me) I have light brown skin so that limits quite a lot of choices. Is there a way to make my skin appear lighter with make up or something?
koi.fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:18 pm

you can, but mostly it's sort of frowned on - at least in the com I'm in.
Most people say cosplay whoever you want and who cares about skin tone.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:39 pm

Bleakverse wrote:you can, but mostly it's sort of frowned on - at least in the com I'm in.
Most people say cosplay whoever you want and who cares about skin tone.

I agree, cosplay is for anyone, regardless of colour and gender. But I do understand, I have a vauge idea of wanting to cosplay Shuri from Black Panther one dag but I am very white
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren