CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Postby *~.Imagination.~* » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:18 pm

Hmm im not a convention artist, so i wouldnt know too much about sizing and the like, but i do know that commisions are very very big at cons. A lot of people like to have artists draw them, and prices very based on quality (so a little chibi drawing would be 1-3$, an anime drawing of their face for 5$, and full body/full color/extra characters would range from 5-15$, depending on different variables)
so if you plan to do any commissions, which are generally pretty popular, make sure yoy have like an iphone so you can take refference pictures of people, google picture refferences of characters, and contact people when their art is done. That last part is optional though, as some artists just give a time range like "come back in twenty minutes", but its watever you feel better with ^-^
*~.Imagination.~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Wow, your art is amazing! :O Well she usually does 2 sizes of prints, a full page and a 1/4 page (you have to I think pre-arrange a document with 4 to a page, it's not something she does in the store). The 4 to a page one she sells as mini-prints, so like the full page one would cost like 25 bucks or something and the mini prints are 5 dollars (because if theres 4 to a page you can print more for the price of one). I think she gets them on a glossy paper for like 50 cents a page, which admittedly is expensive, but considering you're selling them for way more than that, you'll make a lot more back. That's color though so if you're doing your pencil drawings you might just choose black and white, which I think is like 29 cents or something? They supply the paper so you just bring a disk or a drive with the documents you want.

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
reading ★ No Stone Unturned
playing ★ Overwatch 2
watching ★ Tokyo Revengers
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
about me || my characters
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MacGyver » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:55 am

I'll reply to the above posts when i get home <3
But I'm out right now and just bought these two jackets. Do you think they jave a chance of being modified into both academy's jackets? (I have my doubts about a potential iwatobi one but wanted opinions) i got them very cheap so even if i cant use them for cosplaying I have no real loss. Since i love these type.of jackets anyway hehe.
Anotjer thing is tje sleeves on tje black one are a bit long - but could i shorten them? (Idc if i have to ditch the elastic bit)

Attachments
1407361373210.jpg
1407361373210.jpg (440.51 KiB) Viewed 97 times
Image Image
████████████████████████ ███ ███ █████
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

█████ ███ ███ ████████████████████████
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Image Image Image Image Image
DIXIE INSTA ART

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅ ᴋᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ
HaruMakoNagisa
ReiRinMomo
SousukeNitori

CSCC Iwatobi Dog Chat

WIP
MacGyver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MacGyver » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:01 pm

*Sorry for the double post ^^"

Siren~ wrote:Wow, your art is amazing! :O Well she usually does 2 sizes of prints, a full page and a 1/4 page (you have to I think pre-arrange a document with 4 to a page, it's not something she does in the store). The 4 to a page one she sells as mini-prints, so like the full page one would cost like 25 bucks or something and the mini prints are 5 dollars (because if theres 4 to a page you can print more for the price of one). I think she gets them on a glossy paper for like 50 cents a page, which admittedly is expensive, but considering you're selling them for way more than that, you'll make a lot more back. That's color though so if you're doing your pencil drawings you might just choose black and white, which I think is like 29 cents or something? They supply the paper so you just bring a disk or a drive with the documents you want.

Ah thanks so much!! (≧◇≦)
      I can't begin to thank you enough for your help! I'm going to drop by within the next few days and have one printed up and if I like it, I'll order more.
      I'm so excited! SO IS MY POOR HAND

And thanks so much for your comment on my art <333

*~.Imagination.~* wrote:Hmm im not a convention artist, so i wouldnt know too much about sizing and the like, but i do know that commisions are very very big at cons. A lot of people like to have artists draw them, and prices very based on quality (so a little chibi drawing would be 1-3$, an anime drawing of their face for 5$, and full body/full color/extra characters would range from 5-15$, depending on different variables)
so if you plan to do any commissions, which are generally pretty popular, make sure yoy have like an iphone so you can take refference pictures of people, google picture refferences of characters, and contact people when their art is done. That last part is optional though, as some artists just give a time range like "come back in twenty minutes", but its watever you feel better with ^-^

Ah I want to do commissions so bad! I've heard they're really popular - my sister will be doing commissions, but it usually takes me several hours spread out over several days for me to finish a portrait. <丶´Д`>
      I've been practicing like a manga/anime style though, but I probably won't be ready for the con. Maybe chibi though!! Ooo that sounds fun!
      Thank you for your help! <3

- - -
      Okay I asked one of the moderators, and linking to anywhere that includes pics of ourselves/family/friends, our name, etc. is not allowed. So I blurred me face. I took a several different angles and different way of having my hair down (I usually just pull it back in a ponytail) in case it'd help any.
      I'm 5' [done growing XP] and dark brown hair/eyes.
      ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image
████████████████████████ ███ ███ █████
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

█████ ███ ███ ████████████████████████
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Image Image Image Image Image
DIXIE INSTA ART

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅ ᴋᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ
HaruMakoNagisa
ReiRinMomo
SousukeNitori

CSCC Iwatobi Dog Chat

WIP
MacGyver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:25 pm

Hajime from Gatchaman Crowds was my instant thought and she is a SUPER RAD character. It's a relatively newer anime. It's really amazing. I recommend it <3 She's on my to-cosplay list

You could also do Zoey, if you've ever played the Left 4 Dead games?

Have you ever considered doing something iconic but generic? Where your hair didn't matter? For example, a Rocket Grunt from Pokemon?

Or speaking of pokemon you could always do a human version of a brown-colored animal character. For example, a human version of an eevee. You could just interpret that however you wanted.

Also, on the topic of the jackets - even if you can't completely edit them to be the Free! jackets, you could always (and I've done this before) cut appropriate fabric to match the shape of the jacket and then sew or hot glue it over the existing jacket fabric. That way the old original jacket is more like a base?

I had to do that with my Chie jacket for my Persona 4 cosplay. I bought a jacket, but it was completely the wrong color, so I literally just hot glued new fabric over it. This is how it came out ~ (so yes there's like a jacket under a jacket hahaha)

Speaking of which, with intense hair styling, you could also do Rise from Persona 4

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
playing ★ Overwatch 2
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rune. » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Username: Rune.
Nicknames: Rune. Rinuu, Danielle [Make one up I don't mind!]
Preferred pronoun: Her/She
Where do you cosplay? I cosplay at conventions I wear Lolita elsewhere when I feel like it
Do you buy your costumes, or make them yourself? I buy them I have no talent there XD
What was your first costume? Konata Izumi
What is your favorite costume that you've done? I've only Cosplayed three times and My favourite was my Konata Izumi
What is your favorite costume that you've seen someone else do? I've seen some Amazing cosplay's but I loved a Giant Goomba that was amazing XD

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
Female|Artist|Aussie
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
-------
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
FlightRising
Signature Credit
Back after a few years off!
Rune.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:10 pm

Oh, yay! Another member :3 Welcome to the club ~

I buy costumes too sometimes. Sometimes there's something I just really can't make myself XD Like a character I want to do at Anime Weekend Atlanta next month wears a mechanic's jumpsuit and the idea of adding so many pockets onto something is painful hahaha... So I'm just buying a jumpsuit from eBay ^_^ if I can make it, I do, but I don't think there's any shame in buying costumes at all!

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
playing ★ Overwatch 2
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gingertail98 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Username: steampoweredgiraffe
Nicknames: SPG, Nev, Nevvy
Preferred pronoun: Them/They please nwn
Where do you cosplay? Cons in my area or sometimes my cosplay group will travel and stay in a hotel to go to american cons and we split the costs! :)
Do you buy your costumes, or make them yourself? Buy some parts and make some parts. Most all my wigs are styled by moi as well.
What was your first costume? Roxy Lalonde from Homestuck
What is your favorite costume that you've done? Marco Bodt from SnK
What is your favorite costume that you've seen someone else do? Jessica Rabbit at Vancouver Fanexpo 2014!! omg. Cosplay was by the beautiful and talented Kay Pike. Look her up if you don't know her, she's amazing!

My current cosplay list as stands:

Done:
-Roxy Lalonde from Homestuck
-Fem!Lithuania from Hetalia
-Marco Bodt from SnK
-Dead!Marco Bodt from SnK

Current WIP:
-Aoi Asahina from Dangan Ronpa
-Mastermind!Junko Enoshima from Dangan Ronpa
-Jean Kirstien from SnK
-Humanized Cybunny from Neopets
-Humanized Ninetails from Pokemon

Future Cosplays not yet started:
-Bertholdt Fubar from SnK
-Bryony from Team Flare
-Shaggy from Scooby Doo
Throw those hooves right over my shoulders
Cause I seen the way you look at me, doefriend, when you smoulder
Come here, queer deer, and shake that thing around
Cause you get me so high that I gotta go down

gingertail98

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Oh, wow! I've never seen anyone do a Neopets costume. That's really original! How did that go? I mean, were you recognized? That's really cool though. I used to be obsessed with Neopets so I would have freaked out to see that!

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
playing ★ Overwatch 2
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rune. » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:10 pm

I hate wearing wigs! and overall they are just hard to maintain ;-;
I've got plans to cosplay as Tsubomi Kido for my convention next year
[If anyone's planning on buying a cosplay online Don't use Milanoo I bought some of my cosplays there and they were horrible quality!]

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
Female|Artist|Aussie
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
-------
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
FlightRising
Signature Credit
Back after a few years off!
Rune.

My pets
My items