CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Postby Wild Mothman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:50 pm

I understand the fear of cutting wigs, I had to get over it on my most expensive wig though which was a little nerve wracking - I had a nice arda wig, that I had to cut a fringe into for Constance. which was a little scary to try and do. I would have felt fine cutting an ebay wig because eh it's 20ish dollars meh. but that one was like $70 *cries* thankfully it turned out okay. :) Just go slow and cut a little at a time.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✿alien✿ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:54 pm

Wig styling is hard for me tbh. I've had relatively short hair my whole life and even though I cat it myself it's a whole new world haha
Long wigs are scariest, I think but I'm getting over it between Jinx(League of Legends) and Kirigiri(DanganRonpa) They're so heavy and tangle so easily... I hate it! XD
✿alien✿

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ★Hoshi★ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:58 pm

Bleakverse wrote:I understand the fear of cutting wigs, I had to get over it on my most expensive wig though which was a little nerve wracking - I had a nice arda wig, that I had to cut a fringe into for Constance. which was a little scary to try and do. I would have felt fine cutting an ebay wig because eh it's 20ish dollars meh. but that one was like $70 *cries* thankfully it turned out okay. :) Just go slow and cut a little at a time.

Wig styling is hard for me tbh. I've had relatively short hair my whole life and even though I cat it myself it's a whole new world haha
Long wigs are scariest, I think but I'm getting over it between Jinx(League of Legends) and Kirigiri(DanganRonpa) They're so heavy and tangle so easily... I hate it! XD

--
Ahhhh-!
Nope nope nope!
I would not be able to trust myself even wearing a 70$ wig let alone cutting it?!
I think the most expensive wig i've bought was 29$ (?) Because it was a really long brown wig for Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club , because I had to be able to put it in a high ponytail and it still be long.
i had to cut the bangs a certain way and I messed it up and almost cried, thankully my mother was able to fix it to a point its not in the trash already.
^^though Its such a pain, and thanks to that wig/cosplay, I've kinda decided I most likely won't be cosplaying many females,,, or atleast not ones with super long hair.
★ ★ ★
hoshi - they/he/she
Mentally ill + Tired
feel free to pm
★ ★ ★
★Hoshi★

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:03 pm

silicone spray seems to be the trick from keeping long wigs from tangling quite so much. I've been using that on my wigs lately and it's helped them.

I'm liking characters with shorter hair and I'm gravitating towards male characters too lately as well.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✿alien✿ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:07 pm

I typically cosplay feminine characters because I feel my face doesn't fit masculine characters enough unless they're kids! And binding is very uncomfortable for me but I've done a male here or there.

Ah I'll have to try that then! Anything that helps me tame a wig is golden imo
✿alien✿

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:15 pm

I have Loki, Yuri Katsuki and Varian (tangled the series) all planned for this year
and yeah binding is uncomfortable but as I identify as someone gender non-conforming anyway it's good for me to get away from the cute outfits that more feminine characters have and do something I don't feel quite so dysphoric in - especially when cons have been getting more stressful with competition and everything.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✿alien✿ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Oh that makes a lot of sense! Disphoria is awful. I'm nonbinary myself-though more feminine and I don't really care about my pronouns-but I broke my ribs a while back and can't bind for more than an hour and a half while moving around.
✿alien✿

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:31 pm

I'm prone to chest infections so I don't bind for long or very often. So I totally hear you, and get it. But I have a good proper binder I've chucked a zip in the back of to make it more comfortable to take on and off. and I can just unzip if I really need to breathe.
And whenever I'm preforming I'm always in like a corset and/or and decent bra. so that helps too. Though I'm not escaping cute outfits as I'm leading a love live dance cover group for some cosplayers in my area.

I have WIP pics on one of my projects at the moment
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✿alien✿ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Ah it looks lovely!
I never really followed love live to be honest ^^; It looks super cute and I'm always impressed by the dancing!
The only dance groups I've done was a MeMeMe cosplay dance and a PonPonPon Homestuck cosplay cance ^^
✿alien✿

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:46 pm

Meanwhile there is me who fell into love live hell and needed to make a seperate folder just for love live cosplans. though for me it's the girls of Aqours from love live sunshine who feel more special to me. and both my competition pieces for this year are love live costumes. The first being from the live version of this song and the second being This I won as part of a group last year in a love live cosplay. which was incredible.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me