Traders Alliance --- Costume contest winners announced p.90

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Traders Alliance --- Costume contest winners announced p.90

Postby Kyar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Congrats to Champagne - our new mascot!
Welcome!
Welcome to the first ever CS Traders Alliance - where users who love to trade can chat and learn more about trading from experienced users. Traders of all levels are welcome. It doesn't matter if you joined in 08 or last week - we're happy to have you. :)

Navigation
Rules and Sign-Up --- Members and Warnings --- Weekly Discussion and Events

Important
Make sure you read all of the rules before posting here! I can't emphasize this enough. If we cause too many problems for the mods there is a chance this thread may be locked!

Rules
They may not be the most fun but we have to have them. Make sure you read all of the rules before posting!

1. Stay on topic. This is a place to talk about trades and trading in general. If you want to talk about something else with a club member please PM them to keep spam off the thread. This includes:
    - Quoting thread rules (everyone should know them before posting)
    - Saying "I'm going to quit" or "I might as well quit" even if it is trade related (it sounds like fishing for gifts)
    - Simple pointless posts (e.g. "Lol," "Wow," "That's awful," "Cool!")
    - Inside jokes between few members (take these to PM unless you can include everyone)
    - Asking for trades (there is a forum for that)
    - Complaining about demand regarding overpay you sent (it was your choice to send it)
    - Bumping or "marking" posts
    - Membership forms (these should be PMed to {rainstorm.})
    - Asking for help with your trade rules (there is a thread for this)

2. NFT is Not For Talking. I'm sure everyone could go on for pages about this issue. If you have unlocked NFT pets don't talk about offers on them. If you find someone with unlocked NFT pets don't talk about it here. Users can run their collections as they wish. If you leave a group open you can expect people to want to offer. It's as simple as that. It can be annoying but try posting on the Things That Annoy You thread instead.

3. Be polite. We're all friends here so if you see a user making a mistake about a trade or saying something incorrect you're welcome to correct them as long as you do so politely. If you think you're going to say something mean - don't post. This includes starting up arguments. Anyone found to be rude to other members will receive a warning.

4. No badmouthing. This includes giving out the usernames of people who sent bad trades, gave bad advice, or anything similar. We're not here to attack people. Users who are found to be doing so will receive a warning. This also includes badmouthing users or groups of users based on:
    - Hoards or pet collections they have (e.g. very rare hoarders, users who seem to "have more valuable pets than they should" by their join date, etc.)
    - Being COPPA
    - Ninja trading (whether or not it's morally wrong it isn't breaking any rules)

5. Not a member? Not a problem. Non-members are welcome to post here but must still follow all rules or they will receive warnings the same as a member would. Non-members cannot participate in club events or activities.

6. Three strikes - you're out. Warnings will be given to users who break rules. Major rules being broken (3 and 4) will immediately receive their first warning. Users who break less serious rules (1 and 2) will receive a warning if they continue to do so after the first offense. All warnings will be PMed to the user so that they are able to understand the warning. Anyone who receives three warnings will be banned from posting. I also reserve the right to immediately ban any user who I feel has taken it too far for a warning to be enough. I'm a pretty laid back person - I hope I never have to do this.

How to Join
It's simple - just PM {rainstorm.} the form below. Please make the subject of the PM "TA" so it doesn't get lost!
DO NOT POST MEMBERSHIP FORMS ON THE THREAD!
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]What is your favorite part of trading?[/b] (1-2 sentences)
[b]Why do you want to join?[/b] (1-2 sentences)

Please take the form seriously. Answers like "I like it" will not get you accepted to the club. We're looking for members who want to actively discuss and contribute. You don't need to say a lot - but let me know you care. :)
Last edited by Kyar on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:24 am, edited 38 times in total.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Member List and Warnings

Postby rainstorms. » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Last edited by rainstorms. on Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 45 times in total.
═══════════ ═══════════
❝ they drove to harry's and
parked the camaro
next to an audi and
a lexus and gansey
ordered flavors of gelato
until the table wouldn't
hold any more bowls and
ronan convinced the staff
to turn the overhead
speakers up and blue
laughed for the first
time at something gansey
said and they were loud
and triumphant kings of
henrietta, because they'd
found the ley line and it was starting,
it was starting.❞

════════════ ════════════

--------------------------------
if you
never saw the stars
candles
were enough

--------------------------------

-----------
rainstorms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Weekly Discussion and Events

Postby Kyar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Navigation
Rules and Sign-Up --- Members and Warnings --- Weekly Discussion and Events

Just for Fun
For those of you who like 2048 I've made a rares list edition that's close to (not exactly) accurate to trading values. Feel free to try it out if you're bored!
Click here to play!

Weekly Discussion
Every week we will have an "article" written by a club member about some aspect of trading. This brief article can give us a topic to discuss in more depth on the thread and can be open-ended or informative.

Hey everyone! Kyar here.
I've been pretty bad about getting this weekly discussion going so I've decided to do a quick snippet.

I recently started a blog on Tumblr called "CS Trade Tips." It's a lot like what this weekly discussion is supposed to be (with a few other things thrown in) so you're welcome to take a peek around. I don't have that many posts yet but I hope to keep it running and updated as much as possible. :)

This link will take you directly to the blog.
Any Tumblr users are welcome to follow for updates but you do not need an account to be able to read it or send in questions.

I will warn you though that while I can promise that my blog will never contain anything that is not CS appropriate I cannot speak for any other blogs on the site. Please browse at your own discretion!

Events
Check out the events we have running for our members!
Only members can participate in events.

Current Event: None
Last edited by Kyar on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:34 am, edited 16 times in total.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Traders Alliance --- Open for business!

Postby Jiloon » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Woo! Am I the first member? This seems like such a great idea, and club! I can't wait for it to really start picking up!

Anyways, does anyone else get those weird trades where someone just sends you total overpay with no message? And you just accept without a word. Done. Nothing every again?
Edit: dangit I'm the second xD
: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . :

. : .

. : .

: . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

just here for the vibes

Jiloon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gigglebug » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:04 pm

jiloon wrote:Woo! Am I the first member? This seems like such a great idea, and club! I can't wait for it to really start picking up!

Anyways, does anyone else get those weird trades where someone just sends you total overpay with no message? And you just accept without a word. Done. Nothing every again?
Edit: dangit I'm the second xD

How are those trades weird? Maybe they just want to be nice ^^

I don't mind overpaying a little if it's the person's WL :)

Also: I'm quite bummed about an advice I got on the "how much is this pet worth thread" basically they told me rarity math works and my VR is worth 2 Rs. I'm not really convinced that's true...

I mean I don't know what they are worth but yeah... they'd be the first saying rarity math actually works :/
Pet's Spotlight wrote:Image

Missed/Wanted: Anything on my WL, also always looking for C$Image

Gigglebug stuck two wafer rolls in her mouth and pretended to be a walrus. It is unclear how this could help the current situation.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Gigglebug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azuri » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:06 pm

I am glad to see a place where we can discuss trades again, maybe the community will come back
━━━ PLEASE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ON THESE ━━━
Hello, I am Azuri.
I pretty much just run the FR Chat.

Image Image
Image Image

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
LINKS
━━━━━━━
My FlightRising
Buying art
FR Sales
━━━━━━━
▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒
▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒
━━━━━━━

HOPE
━━━━━━━
Azuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Laark » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:31 pm

quick question: can we discuss adoption centers? I need some advice on rules and everything for mine e.e

also, I am stoked about this thread. I never got to really be a part of the "chatty" community on the other threads, so maybe on here I will be :D
hey there, Im Laark, I am an adult player. I had baby number 2 on March 15, 2024 and will be absent from many games for a bit.
howrse / Lioden side / lioden main / wolvden/ feel free to add me on any!
Laark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kisawolfz » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Awesome!!
Can't wait to see how this comes along <3
"Daisey Me Rollin' " ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ
kisawolfz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tybalt » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Brilliant idea, Kyar. :)

Laark wrote:quick question: can we discuss adoption centers? I need some advice on rules and everything for mine e.e

Well, I have an adoption center, and my rules are pretty basic.1 pet per person, only adopt once, send three trades breaking the rules and I will have to ban you. They worked pretty well for me, but prepare to be flooded with trades once you open. :D
I also close it at intervals. So I don't get any trades while its closed I shut the group for trades. Hope that helps.
Tybalt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gigglebug » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Does rarity math actually work?

I wanted to downtrade my VR 09 Drafthorses for Rares and someone said I could at most except 2 Late 09 Rares. But I am not entirely convinced rarity math actually works like this. I asked them via PM for some kind of explanation why rarity math should work, but I am really at a loss as to what to believe.

Just as a little explanation: I'm not trying to say they lied to me, however, when I was new to this site the first thing that was beaten into my head was "Rarity Math does not work!". So I was very confused about this answer on the other thread, but the user didn't give an explanation as to why my VRs are worth just 2 Rs of the same time. It would be the first case of someone telling me that rarity math actually works so please forgive me my confusion.
Pet's Spotlight wrote:Image

Missed/Wanted: Anything on my WL, also always looking for C$Image

Gigglebug stuck two wafer rolls in her mouth and pretended to be a walrus. It is unclear how this could help the current situation.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Gigglebug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me