Vocaloid Fan Club V5 Under mass updation!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Vocaloid Fan Club V5 Under mass updation!

Postby TerraByte » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:12 pm

Bisylizzie wrote:I’ve probably, easily, spent a couple hundred on all my Voca-stuff... But that’s like, multiple games, figures, manga, CDs, plush... And collected since 2011-ish, so it’s been spread across a fair while! It’s pretty much that I’ve decided that this is the collection I want to most focus on, so I’ve not really thought about it in how much I’ve spent overall, so long as it’s not “no money for food” level... xD

But today’s haul? Nah, only about £45, and that’s including the shipping that got it here in three days... I’m pretty pleased with it, too, especially as I got the art book I was most after (which I was almost considering dropping £25 on alone...)

/@A@)/ that's like... 60 USD... i thought that art book would cost a lot more since i didn't know your currency, which is why i thought a couple hundred, along with the manga... it is overpriced where i live, so i kinda over estimated x'D (One manga volume (For pretty much every one of them) is about 11 USD..! it's also the main reason that i don't really buy them anymore QwQ) and then there's the artbooks... xDDD (Usually artbooks over here sell for 35-40 if it's not from a major game, like tomb raider, the witcher, etc etc etc)
so you got about 6 books in total? 4 manga two artbooks? not including tax or shipping, that'd be nearly 110 USD at least xDDD so i'd say you got a pretty good deal out of that lmao!
TerraByte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:48 pm

TerraByte wrote:
Bisylizzie wrote:I’ve probably, easily, spent a couple hundred on all my Voca-stuff... But that’s like, multiple games, figures, manga, CDs, plush... And collected since 2011-ish, so it’s been spread across a fair while! It’s pretty much that I’ve decided that this is the collection I want to most focus on, so I’ve not really thought about it in how much I’ve spent overall, so long as it’s not “no money for food” level... xD

But today’s haul? Nah, only about £45, and that’s including the shipping that got it here in three days... I’m pretty pleased with it, too, especially as I got the art book I was most after (which I was almost considering dropping £25 on alone...)

/@A@)/ that's like... 60 USD... i thought that art book would cost a lot more since i didn't know your currency, which is why i thought a couple hundred, along with the manga... it is overpriced where i live, so i kinda over estimated x'D (One manga volume (For pretty much every one of them) is about 11 USD..! it's also the main reason that i don't really buy them anymore QwQ) and then there's the artbooks... xDDD (Usually artbooks over here sell for 35-40 if it's not from a major game, like tomb raider, the witcher, etc etc etc)
so you got about 6 books in total? 4 manga two artbooks? not including tax or shipping, that'd be nearly 110 USD at least xDDD so i'd say you got a pretty good deal out of that lmao!

Three art books! Kinda... Only one is a "proper" artbook, the other two are more... I dunno the word, but one's only twenty pages long, and the other 40... They're also kinda an "artist alley" sort of thing, only available at the likes of Comiket...
Going second-hand is usually somewhat more reasonable than buying new, especially from Japan as they usually keep their stuff in real good condition... Yeah, manga here is around the same price (well, around the £10-11 mark, which is maybe a teeny bit more in $), so I usually shop around (BookDepository, for example, sometimes have volumes at closer to £7-8, compared to Amazon at the usual price... There's another store which doesn't stock as many volumes, but sometimes they're around £1 less than BD...) It's not always a huge saving, but it's sometimes, essentially, one free volume for every two or three I buy... xD
And then, looking at the recommended prices on these books I got... 2000 yen for the artbook (converts to about £14!) and 1000 for each manga volume...
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TerraByte » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:16 am

Bisylizzie wrote:Three art books! Kinda... Only one is a "proper" artbook, the other two are more... I dunno the word, but one's only twenty pages long, and the other 40... They're also kinda an "artist alley" sort of thing, only available at the likes of Comiket...
Going second-hand is usually somewhat more reasonable than buying new, especially from Japan as they usually keep their stuff in real good condition... Yeah, manga here is around the same price (well, around the £10-11 mark, which is maybe a teeny bit more in $), so I usually shop around (BookDepository, for example, sometimes have volumes at closer to £7-8, compared to Amazon at the usual price... There's another store which doesn't stock as many volumes, but sometimes they're around £1 less than BD...) It's not always a huge saving, but it's sometimes, essentially, one free volume for every two or three I buy... xD
And then, looking at the recommended prices on these books I got... 2000 yen for the artbook (converts to about £14!) and 1000 for each manga volume...

oh geez xDDD well, i mean, even if they are short, if you didn't really pay that much for them then it should be worth it, right? ^w^
Bt yeah, Second hand stuff is also a good idea as long as the product is in good condition, but if you get it shipped from japan then i don't think it would be a problem lol
yeah, that's maybe 13-14USD? and when i ever try to shop around for manga and such, i can't really find any good deals x'D it'll either be a dollar/2 dollars off, or it's increased price :'3 but, i haven't checked every online store, so i'll keep looking lmao (Might check that place out lol)
and holy crud, that is a big saving...! (i had also forgotten when you buy manga and such from japan, it's usually sold a lot cheaper if you buy it with yen x'D)
i still think it was a good buy though! ^o^
TerraByte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TerraByte » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:36 am

ahhh! finally just got my first vocaloid!!!! >w<
I got Vocaloid 4 and Rana V4 qwq i love her so much, i think she's now officially my favorite vocaloid xDDD
TerraByte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:29 am

AHS announced another Voiceroid (with Vocaloid VB coming in the future) just a day or so ago~

I think she's real cute, and looking forward to hearing what people make with her voice~
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TerraByte » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:34 am

Bisylizzie wrote:AHS announced another Voiceroid (with Vocaloid VB coming in the future) just a day or so ago~

-snip-

I think she's real cute, and looking forward to hearing what people make with her voice~

ahh, her design reminded me of yuzuki yukari lmao xD
do you think her name had any ties to Kizune Ai? she's really popular in japan from what i understand, so maybe she got offered a job maybe, lol! all speculation!! >w<
(also, i umderstand that voiceroid has ties to vocaloid [though, they are different], but would she be considered to have similar relations to macne nana, as macne was an utau then got a vvb?)
TerraByte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:25 pm

TerraByte wrote:
Bisylizzie wrote:AHS announced another Voiceroid (with Vocaloid VB coming in the future) just a day or so ago~

-snip-

do you think her name had any ties to Kizune Ai? she's really popular in japan from what i understand, so maybe she got offered a job maybe, lol! all speculation!! >w<
(also, i umderstand that voiceroid has ties to vocaloid [though, they are different], but would she be considered to have similar relations to macne nana, as macne was an utau then got a vvb?)

Yeah, she's got the same artist as Yukari (and, of course, same company), so she's probably got influences there.
I'd say, no. Kizuna is, I believe, a fairly common name, and both characters use different kana/kanji to "spell" the name.
Not quite, Voiceroid is developed by AHS, and it's designed for speech (compared to Vocaloid which is designed for singing). She's more comparable to Tohoku Zunko, who started out as a Voiceroid VB then got a Vocaloid VB (though, in Zunko's case, she wasn't originally planned to have a Vocaloid VB, whereas Akari has had both VBs planned/announced at the same time.)... Nana only started out the way she did (as a VB for Reason/GarageBand) because at the time Vocaloid wasn't available for Macs, so she was really just filling in a gap in the market that existed... I guess when it was decided to develop the Mac version of Vocaloid, she seemed as good a candidate as any to be the "first" vocal to celebrate it with.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TerraByte » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:34 am

Bisylizzie wrote:
TerraByte wrote:

-snip-

Yeah, she's got the same artist as Yukari (and, of course, same company), so she's probably got influences there.
I'd say, no. Kizuna is, I believe, a fairly common name, and both characters use different kana/kanji to "spell" the name.
Not quite, Voiceroid is developed by AHS, and it's designed for speech (compared to Vocaloid which is designed for singing). She's more comparable to Tohoku Zunko, who started out as a Voiceroid VB then got a Vocaloid VB (though, in Zunko's case, she wasn't originally planned to have a Vocaloid VB, whereas Akari has had both VBs planned/announced at the same time.)... Nana only started out the way she did (as a VB for Reason/GarageBand) because at the time Vocaloid wasn't available for Macs, so she was really just filling in a gap in the market that existed... I guess when it was decided to develop the Mac version of Vocaloid, she seemed as good a candidate as any to be the "first" vocal to celebrate it with.

ohhhhhh, that would explain it then... even the last names are similar, so like you said, there's probably some influence >w<
and yeah, i was just saying that because of how similar the name was, lol :P
also, i didn't know zunko used to be a voiceroid..! o3o in that case, yeah, they are more comparable..! i guess macne isn't really comparable at all, though, since she was made for a different purpose^^; but hey, hopefully Akari will be a great addition >w<
TerraByte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreatLordHades » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:03 am

Hi! Fellow Vocaloid fan here!
Does anyone here like GHOST? I for one love their music, especially The Distortionist, Appetite Of A People Pleaser and HYPERDONTIA!
Now that I've become the perfect identity, take a bite of me! I hope that I've become a favorable delicacy, that I'm good enough! And now that I've become the perfect identity, what else do you need? Cause I dunno who I'm supposed to be anymore, and I'm starving! I'll purge em all, the thoughts of anyone I ever meet. Why aren't you happy?! Nonetheless, I know my insides are empty. Aren't I more than everything?!
She/her
Loves Vocaloid!!!
Loves Kid Icarus Uprising!
Loves writing!
GreatLordHades

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TerraByte » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:06 am

GreatLordHades wrote:Hi! Fellow Vocaloid fan here!
Does anyone here like GHOST? I for one love their music, especially The Distortionist, Appetite Of A People Pleaser and HYPERDONTIA!

heya! ^w^
i like ghost ! :> i personally prefer happy days, though xD appetite of a people pleaser and hyperdontia were good as well! idon't remember the distortionist, though^^;
TerraByte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me