Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Postby Goostarion » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:29 am

kairin. wrote:
sedition wrote:
    I think it would be really cool to have a comp in which everyone makes a signature based on one quote and an image pool - I'd happily host one with some of my unwanted listies.

i would love to participate in that!

That would be an awesome idea. Definitely agreeing.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsukỉ » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:34 am

sedition wrote:
    I think it would be really cool to have a comp in which everyone makes a signature based on one quote and an image pool - I'd happily host one with some of my unwanted listies.

I think that's a great idea. I believe there should be more events, since this is a 'club'.
Tsukỉ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yinsum » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:18 am

awsdfghjkl me too !! ^
yinsum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pink?pink. » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:15 am

i love the idea of a contest to challenge myself! maybe we should have a vote?

@iisomnia: a signature swap sounds SUPER fun. 10/10 very interested
𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛
𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎,

────────
feminist, INFJ,
vegan, she/her,
leo, adult

────────

███████████████████
┌──────────────────┐
hi! i'm pink and i love hiking, doing
crafts, reading, & cooking! i love to
make friends so pm me anytime <3

└──────────────────┘
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍
𝚜 𝚝 𝚊 𝚢 . . .

pink?pink.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mucrospirifer . » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:10 am

whoam responses
    not sure how i'm gonna structure this post but here we go
    edit; long post ahead

first, re: everyone who voiced support and y'all who offered to help with prizes; thank y'all i'm glad there's interest!

second, re: some suggestions

i think another one of those might be nice, but maybe with themes and sub-contests or something? like, best monochrome signature for example...

i think this would be a cool way to divide up 'ways of challenging yourself,' maybe? like, a group for people who are stretching themselves on color, a group for people who are trying new layouts, etc?

also i think it❜ll be nice to like
    do signature swaps?? i did one with paul. sometime back {i think they❜re ishida or izuki now id k} but it was pretty fun - basically you and another coder pairs up, we swap themes, and you code a signature based on the theme

:0 that sounds really fun! i'd see this as a sort of separate event, but i would 500% be down

I did this before with a user where we traded signature designs and techniques and tried to re-create each other's and it turned out awesome and at the same time hilarious because I failed so badly at trying to recreate it. What we can do is make a list and randomly assign people to pairs to create a signature of someone else's 'style'. Give them 'x' length to make the signature, winner wins a butt load of pets and a medal or something idk.

mm sounds similar to iinsomnia's suggestion; really lovin the idea of some sort of swap

!! another super cool idea :0 would love to participate

re: my vision
    +specifically re: zey

yo so i was seeing this more of a challenge than a competition. like, i really want everyone to be unafraid to try something they might not be successful at, and to ask each other for help and help each other and have it be a learning moment rather than a grab for pets? if everyone could contribute ideas for things that they find hard (like, 'a brightly colored sig,' 'a sig featuring cs pets,' 'a sig with gif overlays') and people would just do something more for the experience than for flashy prizes

i just kind of assumed i'd let everyone take one pet from my trades? though i guess i didn't think about how the order would be determined. it could be more like that raffle that's set up on the first page? and i even though we've been kind of against critiques taking over this thread, maybe if a small panel could volunteer to give detailed crits of each final submission, if that interested people - that way not everyone is obliged to do that, but people can still get feedback?

or to avoid people being all, 'oh everyone's just voting for x because they're popular,' we could do blind voting? but then that's hard because if we're asking for help and stuff we'll see each other's codes :/

i could totally see some of the ideas that others have voiced making fun contests!! and contests are really fun and i'd totally participate and contribute what i can -- i guess what i'm saying is that i'd like to have an open challenge in addition to/alongside/at a different time than C O M P E T I T I O N because there's something super awesome about the interactions of asking people for help and suggestions and how they do things without their fear of 'oh no if i share my secrets i won't win :('

so maybe my ending question is, would people still participate in a challenge if the only prizes were like…max some 2010 uncommons/recent rares? or do people prefer a concrete competition with big prizes?

i mean i guess i'd participate in sig swaps/etc just for the fun of it - and that seems to be another really good way to foster communication and learning

sORRY for this very long post i hope i mostly make sense?
    I   K E E P  ──────
    FIGHTING
    ──────────────

─────────────────
    jay | he/they | bored
    send me song recs
    and
    sig requests ?
    ─────────────────

──────────────────────  T H E S E
mucrospirifer .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qeu9nveq7vn » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:31 am

Would everyone be okay with me making a comp? [Using my limited resources idea]
qeu9nveq7vn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .chariot » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:59 am

@mucrospirifer .;;
    I'd definitely still would join the challenge if the prizes are as what you said. I mean at least we're getting rewarded for something we've achieved. That is if we choose to do a design we have never tried.

@Zetirian ;;
    In full honesty, I prefer the cool weather. Yea can't go to the beach and such. But there are indoor heated pools near my place which is pretty cool and all. But, also the heat in this state is enough to burn you in about 5 minutes, so you have to reapply sunscreen quite often due to the amount of sun ^^;
─────────────────────────
she/her | sag | flexible writer
aest | bub | iso sux | mood: sick of it
─────────────────────────
.chariot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby storm coming. » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:04 am

all of these ideas are wonderful and i would be more than happy to quite possibly participate in at least one
      of them, if not all. sorry i haven't posted here in awhile because of . . . reasons . . . being i've been busy and
      unfortunately loosing interest in chickensmoothie as a whole. i plan to at least try and be more active in the
      near future. but anyways, all of your signatures are very nice as usual and i can't wait to see what is in store
      regarding all of these lovely, creative, ideas that will help improve our growing community. i wouldn't mind
      so much for the prize than the opportunity to participate in an event involving growing on my coding skills,
      so i think a 2010 uncommon at the most is far more than needed. i might even contribute some prizes? idk,,

the questions still lies though; who is going to help contribute to organizing these events and have we declared
      which ones we are actually following through with? i would like to see these ideas actually go into action this
      time. we've discussed these before around christmas time last year but unfortunately nothing happened. i'd
      lend a helping hand to whatever is needed to help organize and plan these, if needed, that is. i don't mind c':
storm coming.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mucrospirifer . » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:45 pm

@sedition + re:storm's question
    i'm fine if you want to go ahead and whip up your contest

and i totally agree with storm that i'd love to see these actually happen

i guess my thing is just that there are at least three distinct events that have sprouted up, and i think having them all run at once would be very chaotic/a lot to ask depending on everyone's coding speeds. sedition has offered to host the image pool contest, i'm totally down to organize the "challenge challenge", and i'm not sure if there was a definite hand for the sig swap event.

so i guess i'd propose for sedition's comp to run, then i can do challenge challenge, and somewhere along the way we'll organize sig swap? might be fun/ny to do sig swap around valentine's
    unless it works for people to have three events on at once?
    I   K E E P  ──────
    FIGHTING
    ──────────────

─────────────────
    jay | he/they | bored
    send me song recs
    and
    sig requests ?
    ─────────────────

──────────────────────  T H E S E
mucrospirifer .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby storm coming. » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:19 pm

it would be safer to do them separate in my opinion. i think i speak for the majority of us when i say that i
    would be overwhelmed with all of these events going on at once along with dealing with things in real life,
    but who knows? that's just my opinion, some might view the subject entirely different so i think i would like
    to hear what you guys think on the matter! but yes, doing sedition's idea sounds nice. it might be best if we
    did a theme where we are all familiar with, so we don't feel uncomfortable. i don't think it's just me but i
    like to code things with themes i'm familiar with. just a small suggestion, you don't have to include that if
    you don't want c; it sounds like a good plan! ( i feel like i'm saying too much about this topic, i'll wait a bit
    before posting so that we can include everyone. i'm just really excited to get this into motion you know??
    )
storm coming.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me