✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Will You Be Getting the USUM Trainer Dual Pack?

The what now?
53%
No, too expensive!
35%
Yes 8D
11%

Total votes : 238

Re: ✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | {31/1/16} | ✿

Postby Faybell » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:12 am

Don't get me wrong I'd looooove for them to add a butterfly effect or make it where you start off as a villain but honestly I don't see that alone keep the franchise going for long. As is they have to create at least some new Pokémon or people would complain/grow bored of the series. Are the new villains going to just keep going after the same legendaries? Are we suppose to explore new regions without new Pokémon? Ect. The series is repetitive as is without all that. Sounds pretty boring even if they made choices actually a thing.

There is going to "eventually" be a major change to the series. It can't keep to this same formula forever. Even if they loose some of the current base of fans by changing it it would make up for it if the new formula brought in triple the amount of fans they lost.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:22 am

I could see a soft-reboot along the lines of BW (making you only use new stuff until you beat the main story), but not a full on reboot (especially not one that kills off most the Pokemon list, else that'd make Pokemon Bank redundant and be against the whole point of it - which was to allow players to continue moving their Pokemon forward, even across consoles. We've already started seeing the effects of loadsa Pokemon, which is where they've removed the in-game National Dex to just have the one Alolan Dex, and I could see that continuing in future, making up the Dex of each generation of a mix of new Pokemon and returning Pokemon.

Again, I can see a mini form of open-world, but not the full sandbox-y style you see in Breath of the Wild (maybe more Mario Odyssey style, where areas available are based upon story progression, where you've still got a goal you have to reach if you want to be able to access a new place, but you can also explore the current/previous areas and find some neat stuff if you wish). I'd rather the worlds smaller, with more to do, than BotW sized, as it's a fairly common complaint that the world there was too big and empty (which maybe works for a world in ruin, but not what you'd imagine to find in a Pokemon game)

For the main series, I don't imagine they'll go far off the "child gets Pokemon, defeats challenges, clashing with villain team along the way, meets legendary somewhere, eventually final big challenge" formula, though they may try other things in spin-offs (though, on the subject of playing as the evil team... I'll have to leave this segment from an interview with Junichi Masuda here "I want players to play as heroes in videogames, and I want them to play fair." http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... ers-Be-Bad)

Anyway, depending on how long the Switch game has been in development, when it releases, and whether it is a main series game or not, I'm not sure there'll be any particular huge shake-ups to the formula, especially as it's not a simple case as developing for a console that they've already got a decent amount of experience with.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby regigigas » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:56 am

wormhole hunting is gradually becoming more and more of a thing i hate. guys i need advice again- i can't find a shiny for the life of me- i'm going 3.5-4.5k in, and almost always hitting double ring wormholes?? help i hate this
Imagechess
she/they/he
inactive, please don't offer on pets

regigigas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MunchiiMoon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:04 am

painwheel wrote:
wormhole hunting is gradually becoming more and more of a thing i hate. guys i need advice again- i can't find a shiny for the life of me- i'm going 3.5-4.5k in, and almost always hitting double ring wormholes?? help i hate this

Double ring + aura isn't always legendaries like most people think. I caught 2 shinies in a row from them. So try getting those ones.

MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby regigigas » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:29 am

wait, they aren't legend-only? ooo.. i've been skipping so many of those

i did manage to find a shiny quagsire after three hours. only bad part, i've made a deal w/ a friend that any quags i get are hers orz
Imagechess
she/they/he
inactive, please don't offer on pets

regigigas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MunchiiMoon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:47 am

Yea I'd been skipping them and then I accidentally slipped into one and got a shiny encounter.
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kveykva » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:16 pm

Kinda random and behind the times, but I purposely waited until the event was over. Did anyone not have a chance to pick up either a Marshadow or Shiny Silvally code card? (US) I have two of each, but I only have one of each on hand currently. if you didn't get either one of them, you can PM me and I'll send you the code. This is first come first serve since there's only one of each.
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:48 pm

painwheel wrote:
wait, they aren't legend-only? ooo.. i've been skipping so many of those

i did manage to find a shiny quagsire after three hours. only bad part, i've made a deal w/ a friend that any quags i get are hers orz

They are only not legends if you've caught every legend that corresponds to that color, I believe. So if you've caught every legendary that appears in red, you have a very large shiny chance going into red aura warpholes

Anyway, I'm looking for help completing the dex!

Have:
All fully evolved Alola starters
Own Tempo Rockruffs (can choose nature/gender/ivs)
All fully evolved UM exclusive fossilmon
Totem Salazzle and Araquanid, can get the others by request
Pheromosa/Celesteela
Oranguru
Mandibuzz
Slowking/Blissey
I can catch any pokemon available in UM aside from legendaries/maybe Guzzlord as I'm saving to hunt them

Need:
Poiple
Passimian
Houndour
All US exclusive fossilmon (base form)
Whimsicott
Golett
Rufflet
Clauncher
Turtonator

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:31 pm

I'd absolutely love a Pokémon game that had the same idea of life is strange and until dawn!! God I need this now.

Either way, Pokémon is due for a big change. Even if they kept It the same exact way, the games would still die honestly. In fact, USUM bother me since they're so close to the originals, and as a more recent fan even I am getting tired of the games.

Sun and moon were the stepping stones to change, as we can see now that Nintendo is willing to change with botw and Mario oddessey, which, may I add, are both open world. I'd personally be fine with a smaller open world. Imagine how cool it would be to have the option to pick which gyms to go to first and the ability to go straight to the elite four!
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MunchiiMoon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 am

going straight to the elite four wouldn't be a good change really. Doing that would ruin the point of the gyms
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me