Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 -Rule Change p

Postby Tealea » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi! I finally put the subscription base idea I had into action! I made a patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/tealea
and I also have a journal on deviantart if you don't want to go through patreon:
https://tealea.deviantart.com/journal/S ... -733120896

Here is the Base and Tag for the first month!
----------------------------
Also! I finally made a free cat adopt base! <3
----------------------------
@jack: good luck with your hunt for hq characters! I'm sure you'll get a lot of offers for those lost pets!
@virgocat: I hope you are able to get what you want for your characters! It's very sweet of you to give away some of them for free! your new character Claude is gorgeous, what a great addition thy are to your collection <3
@cheeschi: aw they really are the sweetest bean, I love his colors and the concept you have for him is adorable <3
@pvff: that is a very hard thing to do and I applaud you for taking on that path. I wish you luck through your journey of taking care of yourself <3
Tealea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tea! » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:46 pm

@tealea in love with that base !!! Already used <3
@cheeschi he's such a qt aa
@GasW0lf that looks super interesting ! Might have to check it out !

Made some adopts on Tealea's absolutely adorable lines !

click the image to check them out !

art above by fiskko @ da

tea!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JerseyDusk » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:15 pm

Username: JerseyDusk
Most recently obtained character: Bacardi
Favorite character that you own: 3 way tie between Sorrow, Kacie& Berry
How many characters do you own?: 80+
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": Oh boy I do, I was a member of CAAA a long, long time ago and it has only gotten worse since. ^^' I am addicted to horse characters, especially from user-made adoptable species in the oekaki boards, though I do have quite the assortment from over the years. (Also I've wanted to join again for awhile but I'm finally getting the courage to do it now)
membership form
here but not really here, IYKYK
Image ImageImage
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
OC Site || Dusk til Dawn Equestrian || Adopted Characters || Art Shop || Arroyo Herd || WME's || Deviantart
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JerseyDusk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leverage » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:19 pm

JerseyDusk wrote:Username: JerseyDusk
Most recently obtained character: Bacardi
Favorite character that you own: 3 way tie between Sorrow, Kacie& Berry
How many characters do you own?: 80+
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": Oh boy I do, I was a member of CAAA a long, long time ago and it has only gotten worse since. ^^' I am addicted to horse characters, especially from user-made adoptable species in the oekaki boards, though I do have quite the assortment from over the years. (Also I've wanted to join again for awhile but I'm finally getting the courage to do it now)
membership form

Accepted, welcome to the club!

mod of the caaa │ graduate student │ lesbian │ she/her
entomology | equestrian | artist | bone and fossil collector | gamer | dnd mini painter
art above by Y00NS │ avatar by MrBoodle
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tricksters » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:10 am

made some doggo adopts as practice
      they're ota's if anyone wants to go check them out

@tea!;; those designs are so lovely <3
      @tealea;; love those red panda bases! : O
      @cheeschi;; that guy is adorable, congrats on getting him

nova - mouse artist
I work over full time 5 days a week lol
please be patient with me I'm so tired rn

my birthday is august 20th
Tricksters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:05 am

I haven't been active on CS for quite a long time, since last summer I was diagnosed with some health problems. But I'm trying to come back and be more active with characters again, and maybe get back into designing, because it's been a long time. T_T

I'm really seeking a closed species to get involved in again. I used to love makoatls and be super involved among the staff and community before the species was sold to a new owner, when I pulled my roughly 100 makos out of the community entirely. The closed species doesn't have to be CS exclusive or CS based, but I really want one with at least a fanclub here in the forums. If you have a closed species that you love, or even if you own a closed species and want more involved owners, you should let me know. I think finding a good closed species community for me right now would be the perfect way to get active on CS again. The only types I'm not interested in are 100% realistic closed species, like the ones that are specific breeds of horses/dogs/etc. I prefer closed species that are more whimsical.

Here's some replies ~

@>> Leafstorm515 - I really love Ajax. He's super simple but with unique features, just the kind of character that I adore. And the art you made of him is adorable. I think he's just super great! Maki is also an A++++ character! Congrats :D

@Larkspur1678 - I'm screaming over Baja! What a fantastic character! The design is so one of a kind and the color palette is amazing!

Pick 3 characters that need some development. Tell us what they like to do on rainy, stormy days. Do they like the weather or no?

1. Cassidy was raised in an inland forest, far away from the water where he, as a sharkdog, would naturally live. There were creeks and streams, of course, but not very deep, so it never satisfied his instinct to swim. When it was raining, he loved sitting exposed, letting the water soak his fur and breathing in its smell. He relished mud under his feet, the sound of drops hitting the leaves, never understanding that the reason he enjoyed the bad weather so much was because it satiated an innate affiliation for water. Now that Cassidy has moved to live with relatives on an island, he is given the opportunity to swim whenever he wants, and the burning instinct is no longer driving him to seek storms out. However, a lifetime of associating rain with happiness wasn't so easily shaken. He still enjoys the smell of lightning in the air, the roll of thunder, and the cool patter of raindrops in his fur.

2. Dart is a fisherman by trade, and a rainy day makes for excellent fishing, so he can typically found working under these conditions. However, when it is storming enough that the water becomes choppy and unsafe, he prefers to sit on his front porch warm and dry, drinking coffee or tea with his son and watching the storm churn up the waves.

3. Bad weather is one of the few things that really bums Hueso out. His favorite hobby is napping and sunbathing on the beach, so storms definitely prevent him from doing that. When it is rainy, he tends to head to his favorite bar, order some drinks, and socialize with other locals. On days when the weather is worse, with particularly bad storms, then he tends to just stay home and wait it out, grumpy and grumbling about it.

Do you have any characters with magical/supernatural abilities? Do you prefer characters with or without these abilities?
I do prefer characters without magical abilities, but I do have some that do possess them. Obviously all of my kitsune characters do, since it's a species trait. My probably most noteworthy character with magical abilities is Nocturne, who has death-related powers: he can communicate with the dead, bring people back from the dead in zombie-like forms, and he also can drain life force from living things. He also makes and sells potions and talismans, as well as performs tarot readings and fortune telling. In general, I think characters WITHOUT these powers are much more interesting. You tend to be lazy with your character development when they have powers to do things. The way I balance this is limiting the character's powers or by making a character displeased with their powers. For example, Nocturne tends to be remorseful that his realm is over the dead instead of the living, as it forces him to live in isolation.

What is one of your pet peeves as a character owner/artist/designer? What do you think is a solution to the problem?
I have a lot lol but my biggest one is when people "attach rules" to a character. Like I'm not going to want to get a character from you if you have ridiculous rules like - you can't breed this character, or you can't change the name/gender/sexuality, or you can't have this character be mates to characters of other species, or you can't trade/sell this character afterward. Some people in the community seem to treat transactions more like you're renting a character rather than buying it. I really try to avoid people like that. OBVIOUSLY this is 100% different with closed species though. I don't mind rules attached to closed species.

Have you ever sold a character(s) and regretted it? How did you try to to cope/fix the mistake? Did it change your perspective on selling/trading/etc characters?
No. I don't sell or trade characters lightly. If I wanted it in the first place, it's usually because I felt a connection to it. I think I've only ever in my like... 5(?) years in the community sold maybe 4 or 5 characters? There usually has to be extreme disconnect for me to even consider it.

@GreenRose - I really enjoy your TLK adopts! Usually people just do lions and lions and more lions, but I really enjoy that you spread out to include some other African species as well. My little nephew loves watching Lion Guard, so I really recognize the style meshed with yours. I'd never use them properly, but Mgonjwa is by far my favorite. I hope they find a great home!

@gucci cactus - aaahhh i always love your style so freaking much. I really need to get stuff by you one day

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
reading ★ No Stone Unturned
playing ★ Overwatch 2
watching ★ Tokyo Revengers
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
about me || my characters
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bantry bay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:12 am

@tealea
        such lovely lines! i hope to use them someday :0
        @tea!
        cuties, lovely designs! i have my eye on the tabby especially!
        @tricksters
        beautiful characters, love your work!
        @uchuujin
        you have such interesting and beautiful characters! i really enjoyed reading about them.

i'm trying to make my way back onto the character scene and i'd really love to purchase some equine characters! if you have any for sale please let me know. i can pay in cs pets, c$, fr treasure, fr gems, points, and possibly even paypal.
        also bought a lovely kia (my first!) from lyresandharps on da! i'm not super into closed species right now (especially ones with larger communities) but this character really caught my eye and i bought some points the other day in fear of the visa gift card i have would expire haha.
        would love some name suggestions! hoping to flesh them out more soon
──-───────────
they/them/theirs
ve/vir/vis

───────────-──
███░████████ █

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████████████████ █
──-─────────────────────────────

i’m samael, a stablehand working towards an
animal science degree and vet school.
not particularly active.

─────────────────────────────-──
███░██████████████████████████ █
███░████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
sig credit art da fr th dv referral
my dms are always open

───────────────-──
.•*¨¨*•.¸.•*¨¨*•.
███░████████████ █

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
bantry bay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:13 am

I have a new Kiamara =D
This is Setari, he's a MYO I bought the ticket for and coloured in myself on Pandoras-Island lines.
I love him so much ;u;

Tealea - the cat lines are so cute!! Aaah I may have to colour in all my babies on them, but I have so many cats it's going to take forever why you do this to me!
Corgi - so chibi!
Tricksters - interesting designs c:
tea! - those are cute, lovely
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cassette » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:18 am

i got this new gal and,,, i love her,,, so much
    looking for art of her!!
    can pay in flightrising, maybe rares, bulk commons/uncommons,
    wishlist pets, and items
    i haven't posted on here in so long hECK
noah + he/him + adult ^_^ carrd
i like death metal (& fall out boy)

cassette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyrant001 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:36 am

@Jersey Dusk Welcome to the cult I mean club! Its always so nice to see fellow HARPG people here! Bacardi's design is so nice ;w; One of my favorite coat colors!
@Tricksters Your designs and edits are so nice, I love the top left and bottom right designs ;w;
@Solloby I LOVE that Kiamara design! Really, really well done!

I've been down and out with the flu for this entire work week, I'm selling stuff to make up for some of my lost wages. I'm conducting sales here and taking offers on these babies. I have designs by Sixbane galore, Snoberry, Lucid, closed species, and more! Prices start at 1$ and go up. There is also a journal here to detail everything, please contact me on the platform of your choosing to negotiate a sale! Journal includes Kiamaras, Cinnadogs, and more UFO

Got a bunch of cool art of my faves from mustardgreens on DA !

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Stream The Dream Eaters, stan Alan Wake
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me