Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.25- SECRET SANTA

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.25- STAFF APPLICA

Postby bvrd » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:00 pm

bailey ayyy congrats on your new characters!! theyre all pretty looking in their own way
eng beautiful boyo you got there and that art is amazing as well, love the toothphaste design. all time favorite designer right there.
chau wish i had points omg or id totally order a snake tank, gl.
socks san is an amazing character heck,
rabbit !!!! congrats on your new kia haha i was totally tempted to snag them but i dont really like kias all that much but they do have nice colors and a soft design
unloyal heck those are gorgeous new characters right there!! love love the art so much congrats yo!
bood oh gosh harpy is a cutie patootie!!!

second post on here in a day, thats new haha
back again with some more art of my characters!!! this time its of bubbles, magic, and oska. (all art by tweekling @ cs)
ImageImageImage

and i cant believe its been two years since i made my boy bubbles yooo, this is the longest ive ever kept one of my own designs :,)
not only did bubbles and magic get icons but they have some sketches as well by the same artist credited above. linking since theyre kinda big, bubbles sketch and magics sketch.

What kind of character do you prefer? One that you make yourself or one that is made by someone else?
both honestly but more so ones made by others just because i dont design often and if i do i end up selling them due to lack of connection haha.

Code: Select all
[b] do i, bvrd, have any characters you like or consider dream characters? [url=http://toyhou.se/blackbird/characters/folder:unsorted/order:name/1]link[/url][/b]
bvrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grafaiai » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:03 pm

https://join.me/947-992-419
    streaming design revamp requests! species might be changed to something more unique than Canine Character so lemme know if you aren't okay with that :v i also haven't streamed in forever so hopefully this works haha

@bailey-boo; that fourth character is really cute! good luck figuring out the artists, it can be a pain sometimes haha
    @england.; oh man england is beautiful holy cow. i'm so jealous!! locke is also really cute ;v; i'd answer your questions but slightly short on time because steaming haha, maybe next post
    @Simonpet; i generally end up connecting to ones i design myself. mostly because i have an easier time memorizing their design, so i doodle them a lot more (cough cough my trpg characters). their designs also end up "evolving" as i draw them more, too, which isn't something i feel as free to do with characters i didn't design. on the other hand, there are a ton of people far better at designing than me so catching a beauty is really gratifying and I love incorporating them in my world as much as possible.
    @tooru; ohh, i like xander! those kinda feet kill me i love em
Last edited by grafaiai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adult 🐸 xe/he 🐵 trashguts
aka tg, cricket, weevil
🐛
discord : trashguts
...but! be warned that i am not
much of a conversationalist

toyhou.se : trashguts
prone to Experiencing Mental Health,
please understand
🦟
adopt & base usage TOS
art shop thread!
🪳
i have lots of free toyhou.se
codes, message me for one
🦗
C4C / AMA / art thread / <3
grafaiai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyoovi » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:49 pm

@england. I love Locke oh gosh-- ;o; new dreamie!! <3
@Bailey-Boo I absolutely adore that last character, so jealous cx Congrats!
@Calix Might have to check that Cloven out, it's really cute ;o;
---
So I'm looking for something... A bit odd, actually. Let me explain.
For one of my classes, I'm required to make a presentation about my "journey." For this project, I have to have at least one video that has SOMETHING to do with me. (AKA I can just show a PMV that I made, which is what I'm planning on doing.)
I don't think I'll have time to color it?? If I do, I'll take that part on myself, but what I'm looking for is five to six feral character concepts. All you'll have to do is send me five to six uncolored feral character concepts that are easily differentiated by edits. So this means you could send me a cat with unique hair edits, a dog with six legs, etc. You ultimately get to decide which edits you'll give the characters.

I have ideas set in mind for the PMV; I'll just need characters to fill in the blanks.

I can't pay in currency, but I can pay with HQ characters, as seen here: http://sta.sh/215mou571nb0?edit=1
I'd be willing to pay in almost any combination of characters you see there. That doesn't mean "ask for twenty+ characters in return for five design concepts", because that's probably not gonna happen. ;v;''

PM me if interested with art examples and link(s) to the character(s) you'd like from me!! ;v;
nyoovi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:04 pm

@bvrd. Ahhh those icons are so beautiful!! I love seeing Bubbles around, they're such a unique and recognizable
character and did I mention so cute??
@Calix: Those designs are really cool! Your art style is on point, I love the softness to the designs, I can't ever
seem to get that right
@Bailey-Boo: Congrats on all the new characters!! (Dunno who the artist is, but I designed the 4th one ^.^) good
luck developing them!!
@england: What a unique and pretty character!! I looovee the art style/design on them, congrats! <3

What kind of character do you prefer? One that you make yourself or one that is made by someone else?
Hmmm... this is a tricky question. ;o; I like designs made by others because I have a tendency to love all
the designs I make, even if I have no use for them. It's almost like some silly mothery thing that I feel towards
them, like I feel bad for getting rid of them but when I've got like hundreds??
So yeah! Right now I'm into characters from other people because I really like to see a style variance in my
little hoard of characters and I think without buying from others I wouldn't have that.

A few Questions
[b]New Character Share time! Pick a new character that you've gotten, and tell a little
bit about why you got them and what your plans are for them. (With credit, of course!)[/b]

[b]Do you consider yourself a true character hoarder, or are you more just a character owner?[/b]

New Character Share time! Pick a new character that you've gotten, and tell a little
bit about why you got them and what your plans are for them. (With credit, of course!)

^Lines by Butter Rum, design by ★starblind
I'm 90% sure her name is going to be Azeleah, or Aster. (possibly Aconitum if I take her a darker way)
She's a prim and collected city cat who never has a whisker out of place and has deeply captivating eyes.
Like her name sake, she loves flowers and whispers to them in a hushed manner, as if sharing dark and
ancient secrets with them.
She may seem dainty and very lady like, but there is a dark fire burning inside her. She does not like to be
disregarded because she is a female, and has been known to be rather threatening to toms if they try to
push her buttons. But no matter what, she remains cooly cordial, the only betrayal comes in her eyes which
seem to gain layers of violet and stormy blue when her thoughts are raging.
Not someone you want on your bad side, extensive knowledge of natural poisons.
She walks with a stiff and prideful manner, elegant and the picture of grace.
Just don't get in the way.

Do you consider yourself a true character hoarder, or are you more just a character owner?
Man I'll be the first to put myself in the true hoarder category. ;o;
I don't really think of this as a bad thing, though. I dunno, I've always thought that the whole
character experience is unique to each person, and so no two people use/love characters in
the same way. For me, characters are a world that I can feel satisfied and content with my
ownings and where I can express emotions through creative processes and have a community that
I feel comfortable with.
That beings said, I've had upwards of 1,000 ocs at one time so tbh
I like being a hoarder. I love them with all my heart while I have them, then when I sell them I do
my best to be sure that they get loved. It's sad when they don't but effort counts. We can't all see
what people are going through and sometimes maybe they just needed that character in that moment
to be okay. <3
I have such a deep/philosophical view on characters omg I'm sorry lol anthropology minor here can you
tell??

Selling!
In an effort to reduce my large group of unused characters, I went through some old stashes and
culled a few more into my sales. I love some of their designs but I haven't used them and my inspiration
for some of them is just gone. So I'm looking for points or art only, and for art I want avatars/pixels/small
tags/art stuff, nothing big. If you see any you like maybe pm me?? <3
Please have an offer in mind though!
http://sta.sh/2ds6bajrjs2?edit=1

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:28 pm

@ >> Leafstorm515 sounds like you've got a solid basis for that girl!
@ natsukashii Good luck with the character designs!
@ trashguts hope you had a productive jm
@ bvrd I still can't get over Oksa, they are just way too cool. And yay for keeping designs!
Oooh. I love seeing the designs that other people make up, but I just am so much more attached to my characters. I create them with a specific place and purpose in their story worlds and... they're just so much more a part of me.

New Character Share time! Pick a new character that you've gotten, and tell a little
bit about why you got them and what your plans are for them. (With credit, of course!)

Image By me Arithicity is my newest girl and I made her. Not sure how big a part of anything she's going to play yet. Been toying with a few ideas involving her grandfather and her but not sure yet.
Do you consider yourself a true character hoarder, or are you more just a character owner?
Ehh. Depends. I guess if you looked at it as a writer, then I'm probably a hoarder. I hate killing them off in my stories. But I don't actively search out new designs and adopts or commission people to make me new ones.

I drew some more art of my characters.
All by me

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grafaiai » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:46 pm

Pick a character.
How about Millie (left)? Art by Sergle@dA

How would you describe their taste in clothing overall?
Tumblr aesthetic girl haha.

How does what they wear at home differ from what they wear outside on a normal day?
She puts a lot of effort into how she dresses outside-- making sure everything's cute and matchy,
I guess. At home it's mostly baggy sweatshirts and leggings probably (which she also wears
outside occasionally).

How would they dress for a fancy event?
A pretty, nice dress, I guess? She'd know better about fashion than me lol. Not something too
expensive-looking, but maybe some kinda floral pattern?

Do others like their style?
I mean... obviously some people do and some people don't, like anybody else's style?

What's their favorite piece of clothing they own?
Probably a sweater like this?

I definitely used to consider myself a hoarder. I didn't connect very closely with most of my
characters, or put a lot of effort into developing any of them. I've been focusing a lot more on
worldbuilding lately, though, and incorporating various characters into a cohesive world has really
helped me with development/etc. Plus, I'm an awful lot more choosier about designs now. I have
almost 100 on my TH currently, though, which is a lot more than I'd like, but I don't have the heart
to get rid of any of them... orz

Ahh, well my newest character I can't share on CS because I don't have a clothed ref of her
haha. One of my newest characters, though, is Kyrie! He's a goat/scaleless ball mix, and a
rejected sona redesign. (art by me)

I tried to sell him but nobody was biting, so I decided to keep him for myself.

@TheSongOfTheStars; I love that bird, it's so cute!
@>>Leafstorm515; I like the name Aster for her!
@natsukashii; Oh, neat. If I had more free time I'd offer.
@bvrd; I love the headshot of Oska especially. And wow, you've had Bubbles for a while now!
@Calix; That second dragon is so pretty!! I hope they go to a good home!

[b]How do you find most of the adopts you end up buying?[/b]
Last edited by grafaiai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

adult 🐸 xe/he 🐵 trashguts
aka tg, cricket, weevil
🐛
discord : trashguts
...but! be warned that i am not
much of a conversationalist

toyhou.se : trashguts
prone to Experiencing Mental Health,
please understand
🦟
adopt & base usage TOS
art shop thread!
🪳
i have lots of free toyhou.se
codes, message me for one
🦗
C4C / AMA / art thread / <3
grafaiai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:00 pm

I enjoy making my own designs, but there's something really exciting about getting an new character design made by someone else. I don't know.

Okay so this is Elias and I just got him today <3 He's a Cloudweaver, a closed species by Vintage Rose (the art is by her, too), and I love him so much :'D
...I'm planning on making him some kind of tailor? Just because I think he'd love to work with fancy fabric.

I think I'm borderline hoarder, but I try not to be - once I get a character I don't ever trade them away, which might be a bit of a hoarder thing, but I also develop every single character I get and I draw them all. Last time I checked I had an average of 17 art pieces per character.

How do you find most of the adopts you end up buying?
I've gotten over half of my characters from here - people post offers saying they've got free characters or they're selling or trading characters and I just love a lot of the designs c:

So I got about 6 characters today which is super fun :'D I also drew some stuff as per usual, my favorites below -
of Maya
of Merle
of Sylvester

all by me, of course

And finally 3 of these guys are still open - I'm not picky on price, I'd rather they go to a good home.

-----

@trashguts - that's some awesome art you've got there <3 I especially love the character you answered all those questions with.
@TheSongOfTheStars - So tiny and cute ! I love that new character :'D
@Leafstorm - Super awesome character! The key around their neck is really interesting.
Last edited by Sunlitsecrets on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jericho » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Short port today, sorry.

Seeking someone who is able to draw centaur type species. Been wanting a centaur (well... taur.) Character for months now and I've finally picked which species I want so I'm looking for a designer.

Would be male. Nyala 'base' (*cough* butt). Basic clothing.

Can offer any pets/items on my account, characters, artwork, DA points, USD. Msg me!
Jericho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby irina » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:26 pm

@trashguts - Woah Millie is so pretty! Soo aesthetic <3
@Sunlitsecrets - Elias is so cute! Reminds me of a carrot. cx

I feel like I get half of them here, and half of them on deviantart, and a few I design myself!

(lines @ tealea, concept @ me)

I recently made a new species that I've been planning for a while! I can't wait to start them up and I'd appreciate it if you went and checked the out! ;u;

And finally a question to finish off with:
[b]If you could only keep one of your characters, who would it be and why?[/b]
irina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scei » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:05 pm

If you could only keep one of your characters, who would it be and why?
Airianna for sure, I have a lot of characters I'd try to keep, but I wouldn't ever let go of airianna. Ever!

Most of the time I trade them, I make characters purposely for trading then when I find a character I like after stalking the "character trades" forums I offer what I can to get that character

Just got this darling the other day! I'm thinking of naming him Alex but I'm still partial~! I want to use this kiddo often, I don't know what quite for yet, but I hope to start using them soon! I absolutely love them ;u;

Uuuhm sorta both? I get a lot of characters so I can use them and trade for characters I really like, so I'm a character hoarder when it comes to sheer amount, however character owner for the ones I'm actually keeping

do i, bvrd, have any characters you like or consider dream characters? link
I don't see any, but Rongo is a cutie pie! These are actually my current dreamies; http://sta.sh/22dppdbcmgbj?edit=1

I have characters I've made and characters other have made, though I'm a lot more likely to like a character made by someone else!

@bvrd your icons are adorable!!! I absolutely love them!
@calix those designs are really cool! I'd tryout for them if I didn't do much with closed species!
@natsukashii good luck with your pmv!! I'd offer help but I'm swamped with commissions

xScei Terms of Service
This is my Sceignature
xxx Looking for Art
xxxx Adopt shop

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've quit cs already! i might show up once
and a while to post something i was thinking
about but i don't think ill be officially coming
back any time soon.
Scei

My pets
My items