Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub V1

Postby Thalassic » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 pm

How long do pokemon even stay in gyms? Is it random? Or just ridiculously long?

My one pokemon has been in a gym for over 10 days now with 0 treats and it's a little ridiculous and I'd like to profit a lil pls.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Cataclasm wrote:How long do pokemon even stay in gyms? Is it random? Or just ridiculously long?

My one pokemon has been in a gym for over 10 days now with 0 treats and it's a little ridiculous and I'd like to profit a lil pls.

Idk.
I mean the one time I've used the Gyms since the Update, my Gengar managed to stay in there for 10 hours and I got my full 50 coins for it.

I don't have time or room to work gyms much, really. Pokeballs (any of them) are such a precious resource for me that often times I just throw out all my potions and revives just to fit more balls in my bag.
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage922,931Image203Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Cataclasm wrote:How long do pokemon even stay in gyms? Is it random? Or just ridiculously long?

If it's been there for 10 days and you didn't give them any treats then somebody else must've given him something. The CP loss is so fast, without berries they would only stay there... 1-2 days I think? Maybe not even a full day?
I often put Pokemons in gyms on my way to work, so in the morning and in the afternoon their CP is already very low.

Most of the time I also throw out any Potions and crave the Pokeballs, but right now I'm loaded and need the potionssss. I've even deleted some Pokeballs yesterday to get more potions. DX
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:05 am

Raire wrote:

If it's been there for 10 days and you didn't give them any treats then somebody else must've given him something. The CP loss is so fast, without berries they would only stay there... 1-2 days I think? Maybe not even a full day?
I often put Pokemons in gyms on my way to work, so in the morning and in the afternoon their CP is already very low.

Most of the time I also throw out any Potions and crave the Pokeballs, but right now I'm loaded and need the potionssss. I've even deleted some Pokeballs yesterday to get more potions. DX

Well no, I passed by the gym every day for around 6 days, and since the CP dropped the first time, it never went back up, and the berry count for that pokemon was always 0. While I'm not in that town anymore, I can still see the timer for how long they have been there, and the berry counter, and it still says 0, which is why I'm pretty confused.

edit: apparently the pokemon ONLY leave the gym when DEFEATED. What a horrible system. And here I thought it couldn't get worse for us non-big-city-players. smh

xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:23 am

News for Pokemon Go
http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/johtolegendary

Raiku, Entei, and Suicune are going to be released in raid battles.

During September, Raiku can be found in the American continent, Entei in Europe and Africa, and Suicune in Asia and the Pacific. The legendaries will swap around at the end of September, and then once more at the end of October, so every "region" gets a shot at catching all three, with one legendary being available in your region for a month before changing.

The Exclusive Raid feature is going to be beta tested before getting a full release, meaning Mewtwo will not yet be officially globally released.

In other news, Gen III was added to the game data a while ago. I don't remember if that was mentioned yet, I have a terrible memory. :s

Oh, and the Last Ball bug was fixed for raids.
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:27 am

Excited for the release of the 3rd gen growing nearer, much less for more raid disappointment.
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:35 am

Wow, it's been ages since this thread has seen activity. Not that I blame you all, really. The game is dead, it seems.

I've been able to help hold down gyms a couple of times, so I'm building a nice store of coins for myself. Even though I'm working now, I'm still none to inclined to spend my own money on the game. Just not worth it, imo.

But, Farfetch'd isn't region locked anymore, so that's one more pokemon to add to the dex. I hope they bring the others out too, but that may be asking a bit much? idk, even the raids are still way to OP for groups of less than 3. Which sucks, because that's about the size of my PoGo group anymore. xD But, it's whatever, I guess.

How 'bout ya'll?
Anything interesting?
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage922,931Image203Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:16 am

The game's not dead. c:

Millions of people are still playing. The major forums and chat rooms are still alive and well. Players are still going out and teaming up with friends and strangers to take down raid bosses.

Even though we're not in that initial summer period when the game was first released and literally everyone and their dog was playing the game, it's not dead.

It's slowly been getting better, even. The new gym system has made the competitive aspect of the game more fun, Niantic has been communicating with the player base a lot more recently than they ever have, there have been events both in-game and in specific locations around the world recently that generated plenty of attention.

Halloween saw the release of the first Gen 3 Pokemon, the ghost types. I'm not sure if they're here to stay, but I've still been seeing some around. There was also a Pikachu with a Witch hat. There was a global catch challenge where everyone had to catch as many Pokemon as possible to unlock worldwide prizes, like double XP. The biggest prize was for catching 3 billion Pokemon total, which was achieved in a pretty decent amount of time, and the prize was Farfetch'd being available for 42 hours.

The most recent announcement was that Ho-oh will be around in raid battles for the next 2 weeks.

The last of the three legendary beasts are still available until the end of the month.

There will probably be a Christmas event, too, like last year.
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:31 am

It's not dead at all, but I don't talk much about it online - I talk much more about it in a local chat group where we also coordinate raid battles. :')

Gen 3 will be released in December, so the three ghost type Pokemon will surely stay. I am excited for the new Pokemon, but wish they'd have kept Ho-Oh for ... later in December.
Right now it's hit or miss whether you get the last legendary beast or Ho-Oh in your raid.

I haven't seen a drop in activity ingame around where I live at all, with all events in the last few weeks it's rather the opposite.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:41 am

Definitely feels dead here, no one I know has been playing, and the facebook groups I'm in only ever post the official news releases anymore.

Update on the raid situation: still not even a single legendary, still very bitter about it. :')

My dex is coming along great, though.
The only pokemon I'm missing from gen1 are:
Kangaskhan
Tauros
+the legends, but I've lost all hope on those by now

And from second gen I'm missing:
Ampharos (just 4 candies away)
Unown (don't even know where it's supposed to spawn, as I havent seen anyone with it in my area)
Heracross
Corsola
Delibird (same as with unown)
Smeargle (same as with unown)
Hitmontop (the only Tyrogue I hatched didn't have the right stats so I'm still tryin to hatch that one)
+the legends
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x