| ★ Sonic the Hedgehog Fan club |

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

What's your favorite 90's Sonic game? [All in chronological order & excluding spin-offs]

Sonic the Hedgehog
7%
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
7%
Sonic CD
13%
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
No votes
Sonic & Knuckles
20%
Sonic 3D Blast
7%
Sonic Adventure
47%

Total votes : 15

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog Fan club

Postby paperjack. » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:23 pm

Kraken VS Octo-Kun wrote:From what little I know about Sonic Unleashed, Amy didn't even recognize Sonic in his Werehog form. And for the most part, I agree with your opinion on turning forms into a separate being. I've seen it done in a few other fan stories about an anime called Ranma 1/2, but the situation is completely different than turning Fleetway or Sonic the Werehog into separate beings. In the anime, a boy named Ranma Saotome is afflicted with a curse that causes him to turn into a girl whenever he comes in contact with cold water, and only coming in contact with hot water can turn him back into a boy. The curse has caused some humor within the anime, such as one of Ranma's male classmates falling in love with his female alter ego, not realizing who she really is, even after he uses his real name during a fight as his girl persona.

Woah, that sounds super cool! I always loved stories like that, I gotta check it out, thanks. I'm glad someone at least feels sorta the same way I do--it seems like people never read the Fleetway comics and just plaster him as his own being. [Though he sorta is and isn't, he was still fused back with Sonic.]

Also, yeah, Amy figured it out more closer to the end, but to put it lightly-only Prof. Pickles, Tails, and Chip knew it was him. It didn't surprise me that Amy didn't know it was him, she seems to be quite delusional. There was Shadow, Silver, I think Scrouge [though that's not entirely wrong], and she was right about Sonic's werehog even if she discarded the strange reality.
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:18 pm

After doing a bit of digging into Fleetway, I feel that their version of Super Sonic is a personification of Chaos energy, and just how dangerous it can be. In the games and anime I've seen, Sonic is in full control of his actions as Super Sonic, but Fleetway did a spin on that and made Super Sonic more of a dark alter ego. Can't say I approve of the concept, but I see the appeal of it.

BTW, which of these RPs would you be more inclined to join?

1: Eggman actually gives up after his defeat during Sonic Forces, and spends 10 years in prison. However, Infinite, whose soul still clung to the physical world after his body was destroyed, comes back. His only 'physical form' is a crimson ghost like entity that possesses his mask. Infinite decides to rid the universe of the weak, and starts using what little power of the Phantom Ruby that merged with his soul to create replicas of some of Sonic's more powerful foes, such as Perfect Chaos, Solaris, and Perfect Dark Gaia, and uses them to attack not only Mobius, but almost every planet in existence and claims that he's putting the universe through the ultimate test for survival, and that if a planet's people are completely destroyed, they have themselves to blame for not being strong enough to defeat his replicas.

2: Eggman uses DNA, battle records, and energy from the Chaos Emeralds and Master Emerald, to create a fusion of the two, who he originally intends to name him "Sonaw" to which the creation finds the name stupid, and renames himself. Even after Sonic warned Eggman he wouldn't be able to control him, and he was right, the creation turns on Eggman, forcing him to temporarily team up with Sonic in order to repel the creation. However, all they manage to do is stall him while they escape the Death Egg. Chaos ensues, no pun intended.

3: The Sonic/Amy body switching thing I mentioned, not the comic, the idea for a show

4: A less adult themed version of the comic where Sonic separates from his Werehog form, and him and his Werehog counterpart team up to stop Eggman

5: The idea I had for a show where Metal suffers amnesia, although it'll be more realistic considering he's a robot, his memory banks will be damaged.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:59 pm

Yea, Fleetway was one of the first times Sonic actually transformed into his super form. There was too much chaos energy built-up, the negative kind, and he lost control. Fleetway is the personification of what would occur if Sonic wasn't able to control the chaos emeralds, or perhaps he used them in a more cynical, malicious way. Sonic's second attempt at going super resulted in a semi-conscious mess of him prevailing in his battle against Eggman, and somewhat hurting his friends. I just like 'fleetway' himself when there is stories reflecting on Sonic's struggles with going super, or perhaps the chaos energy going haywire and putting him back at square 1.

I like number 2 and 3. The combining of Sonic and Shadow is a undoubtedly intriguing concept...and Eggman is nothing short of devious plots that backfire. It appeals to me because of how two unlike friends have to work together in order to stop one's screw up. They have worked before, but I like imagining Shadow reacting to the creation, and if he'd bother helping stop it. The mix of the two hedgehogs is a good roleplay idea for small groups, only big if many other major side characters join in such as Amy or Tails. I don't think they quite fit however, so with the 3 rambunctious individuals, it'd be a fun to read.

The third one is fun in general, the idea is so very simple. It's lighthearted; watching Amy act as if she were Sonic, and Sonic not even trying to cover up the body-switch really puts things into perspective. To spice it up you could throw in a bit of Eggman fighting, just so Tails and Knuckles can berate Amy's sloppy workmanship in performing a simple spindash. Sonic forced to use the hammer he despises, and Amy stuck in the body of her self-proclaimed lover. Just peachy,, I have to say.
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PastelCupid » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:08 am

I want to join the resistance!

𝕌𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕞𝕖: Ciel Phantomhive.
𝔽𝕒𝕧𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕊𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕔 𝔾𝕒𝕞𝕖: Sonic and the black knight and the shadow the hedgehog game
𝔽𝕒𝕧𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕊𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕔 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣: Shadow
𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣: Thank you so much if i can join <3
PastelCupid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:49 am

Ciel Phantomhive. wrote:

Welcome! And don't worry, I added you to the member list.

Gotta love me some Shadow the Hedgehog. Funny how people wanted him to be edgy, than when they gave him a gun, it appeared the edge had gone too far.
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PastelCupid » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:56 am

paperjack. wrote:
Ciel Phantomhive. wrote:

Welcome! And don't worry, I added you to the member list.

Gotta love me some Shadow the Hedgehog. Funny how people wanted him to be edgy, than when they gave him a gun, it appeared the edge had gone too far.

Yay thank you!

mmm yes, 100% approval. and yet very true about the gun, and he got even more edgy with his motorcycle.
PastelCupid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:01 am

Ciel Phantomhive. wrote:Yay thank you!

mmm yes, 100% approval. and yet very true about the gun, and he got even more edgy with his motorcycle.

np!

Yea! I thought the jeep in 06 was a bit much for Shadow, but I gotta say, I loved the motorcycle concept. Too bad he didn't get to ride it in 'Sonic and All Star Racing Transformed', just a weird looking gray car. He does turn into a jet though, much approve.

Shadow is probably the edgiest character, Infinite I suppose a close second because all he did was whine about being 'weak'. hrrkk
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:41 pm

TBH, I'm not a fan of Sonic games like Sonic Drift and Sonic and All Star Racing Transformed. I mean, Sonic is capable of running faster than a drag racing car, some of which can go at speeds exceeding 300MPH. If he can run that fast, why does he even need a car, or a vehicle in general. I'm a bit more fond of the Sonic Riders series, since the hoverboards fit Sonic's personality in my mind.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:15 pm

yea, i can understand that. It always baffles me when it comes to Sonic driving. It works in Sonic Underground, and Sonic Boom is ok. Game wise it's a weird concept; i still enjoyed the games though. Sonic Riders' hoverboards match quite well, especially because they were introduced beforehand.
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:27 pm

Although in Sonic Riders, I think Sonic is just humoring Jet, giving him the chance to prove he's faster, while Sonic is well aware that if he was running on foot, he'd beat Jet hands down. He seems to do this a lot, toying with his foes, even giving himself a disadvantage if it gives his foe a chance to entertain him a bit longer.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist