| ★ Sonic the Hedgehog Fan club |

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

What's your favorite 90's Sonic game? [All in chronological order & excluding spin-offs]

Sonic the Hedgehog
7%
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
7%
Sonic CD
13%
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
No votes
Sonic & Knuckles
20%
Sonic 3D Blast
7%
Sonic Adventure
47%

Total votes : 15

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog Fan club

Postby paperjack. » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Kraken VS Octo-Kun wrote:I remember reading a fan made comic which was kind of funny, Sonic and Amy temporarily switched bodies. While Amy was in Sonic's body, she didn't feel comfortable not wearing any clothing, and she just wore a pair of shorts, and Sonic couldn't contemplate how Amy can get through 'that time of the month' I've always wanted to do some sort of RP like that ever since I read the comic. Unfortunately, I cannot link you to the comic, for two reasons, it has some adult themes, and two, it's pay for content, and I don't feel comfortable posting PFC anywhere without the artist's permission.

Haha, that sounds eccentric. I could imagine Sonic wasn't pleased to find Amy making him wear pants. And it's fine, I'm sure I'll find it one day. I always liked body-switching comics and stories, cant bring myself to create either properly. It's pretty funny to see how a character would act with another's personality.

I've never actually rped Sonic before, and when my friends offer we have to use original characters. I'm sure it'd be a fun roleplay.
I can't find a good equal to Amy's hyperactive hopelessly romantic and her strong, kind side. The Archie comics do a good job of balancing it though. And Sonic, he just gets a bigger conscious than a new-becoming mother. :"))
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Yeah, it was funny, especially when they go on a date while in each other's bodies. Although they didn't have much choice. Cream had won a contest and gave the prize, a dinner for two at a fancy restaurant, to who she thought was Amy, but was really Sonic in her body. He was not happy about getting dolled up for the date by Cream and Vanilla, to say the least.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:28 pm

Kraken VS Octo-Kun wrote:Yeah, it was funny, especially when they go on a date while in each other's bodies. Although they didn't have much choice. Cream had won a contest and gave the prize, a dinner for two at a fancy restaurant, to who she thought was Amy, but was really Sonic in her body. He was not happy about getting dolled up for the date by Cream and Vanilla, to say the least.

I could imagine he wasn't! Sonic doesn't like how overbearing and flirty Amy is, and being placed in a lovey-dovey situation with her proves to be problematic. Haha, it's nice picturing all of this in my head. It does seem like something that could play out between the two hedgehogs in an alternate reality--couldn't reject poor lil' Cream.

Have you read the 'The Murder of Me' or that one comic where Maria is a hedgehog and spends Christmas with Shadow? I haven't really finished either due to personal preferences, but I was just curious. TMOM actually pushed me into reading the Archie comics because of my experience with the TV show's version of Sonic's mother, Aleena, and the notorious Bernadette Hedgehog, Sonic's comic mother. I do wish there was more information about Sonic's dad, barely mentioned in all universes. [ poor guy got wounded in a war and than was the first to be robotized. Even when everyone is un-robotized in one alternate universe, he still was too broken to be repaired. Makes me wonder if they'll even mention Sonic's parents in the games or mention his-though undetermined-real name. Maurice, his middle name, seems to be comically canon, so just left to question it really. ]
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:57 pm

There was this funny short, the 4Kids executives are having a board meeting, and the director decides to make a spinoff. One of the other executives(who bears a striking resemblance to Mr. Monopoly) offers suggestions to which character the spinoff should focus on, suggesting Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow. The director calls them boring characters as he dismisses making spinoffs with them, and chooses to use Chris. I'd personally love to see a Sonic anime/cartoon that focuses more on Shadow. Sega made a game focusing on his backstory, and Episode Shadow in Sonic Forces, which I haven't reached yet, seems interesting, so an anime or cartoon focusing on Shadow doesn't seem impossible. A Sonic X spinoff for Chris would be nice, maybe we could learn more about Chris's life before he met Sonic and the gang. Anyway, the part I was really focusing on is why the director says Sonic X is the most popular show in the lineup. He says "not hiring those God awful voice actors from the video games" which kind of annoyed me, and made me think, what if there was a Sonic TV show that used video game voice actors? The cutscenes from Sonic Forces are a movie in their own way, that's why they have the theater, and it's a spectacular 'movie' in my opinion. My top ten hopes for a Sonic TV show would be as follows

1: Show that focuses on Shadow
2: Sonic Forces TV show
3: Chris's pre-Sonic X life
4: Reboot of Sonic Underground
5: Something with Scourge
6: A show where Metal Sonic somehow suffers from amnesia, and joins Sonic in an attempt to find out who he is, only to be horrified when he finds out the truth about his past
7: Sonic Bachelor
8: Sonic Unleashed TV show
9: Eggman uses DNA from both Sonic and Shadow to create an 'ultimate weapon' only for it to rebel against him and cause all sorts of trouble for Team Sonic and Eggman, even forcing Sonic and Eggman to team up on occasion
10: Sonic and Amy switch bodies, and Amy in Sonic's body has to learn how to get used to Sonic's body in order to stop Eggman's plans
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:26 pm

The game voice actors from Sonic Boom-Forces voice the show characters in Sonic Boom. And I think the joke in that short, which I've seen, was because Chris is infamous for being a bad Sonic character. They call him the male Amy but way more clingy because of his supposed infatuation with Sonic and Shadow. I would like some more information about how Chris and Helen ended up together, so at least a mini-series would be cool. Sonic X isn't the best series, but I enjoyed it a lot--I finished it a few days ago. A show based around Shadow, or at least giving more light to him with some focused episodes, would be nice too. I went through Sonic Forces twice, and completed Episode:Shadow, so I hope it at least pleases someone with its eccentric side-story.

I haven't finished Sonic Underground, but Sonic's raspy voice is so intriguing in the music and I feel like if it were rebooted, Roger couldn't perfect Jaleel's iconic singing. I admit the 'Doodatude' episodes in Sonic Boom were okay, and I love seeing Sonic try and sing for once like his older counterparts, it just fell flat though. I hope for season 3 they spread out on Sonic's love for music and he at least gets to randomly dabble on his guitar when he is bored [just like he did in saTAM].

Scrouge is a comic character, so like Sally and Rotor-whom are constricted to the Archie comics due to copyright laws-I don't think he'll be here any time soon. I cannot gaurantee any expansion on Sonic Unleashed, but there is a segment in the comics dedicated to Sonic's werehog form. Metal Sonic's latest cameos were in the Sonic Boom show, and unfortunately he was still evil and controlled by Eggman. Metal does hold a special place in my heart after watching the Sonic Movie, he felt like more than just a robot then. I do feel like if Metal were to have amnesia, Sonic would try to show the good side in him rather than the Eggman-filled side. A Sonic bachelor...I can just imagine it, pretty out there but it'd sure be interesting.
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:41 pm

I remember reading a fan comic(once again can't link) where Sonic loses his Werehog form in a different way and the repercussions are interesting. Sonic(Werehog form) makes a wish on some sort of ring to be rid of the curse, and it works, just not the way it was expected to. It actually turns Sonic's Werehog form into a separate being.

Also, I don't think Sally and Rotor are owned by Archie, they both appeared in SatAM. Sega makes their own comic books, as well as formerly having a partnership with Archie.

Just checked, I was right, Sally, Rotor, and Scourge, are all owned by Sega. The Archie comics were spin-offs of the Sega owned Sonic the Hedgehog Comics
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:25 pm

Kraken VS Octo-Kun wrote:I remember reading a fan comic(once again can't link) where Sonic loses his Werehog form in a different way and the repercussions are interesting. Sonic(Werehog form) makes a wish on some sort of ring to be rid of the curse, and it works, just not the way it was expected to. It actually turns Sonic's Werehog form into a separate being.

Also, I don't think Sally and Rotor are owned by Archie, they both appeared in SatAM. Sega makes their own comic books, as well as formerly having a partnership with Archie.

Just checked, I was right, Sally, Rotor, and Scourge, are all owned by Sega. The Archie comics were spin-offs of the Sega owned Sonic the Hedgehog Comics

Hmm, than it appears that our comic characters may end up in the shows. A person who works on the Sonic Boom show said they couldn't use them due to copyright laws, but I suppose that's not entirely true. However Sonic Boom is still a spin-off on its own, and is completely separate from the comics and previous shows. Though SB is owned by Sega as well, they're still different entities. During its run I don't think they'll show up, but Vector, Metal, and Shadow have already, so its safe to say the more minor characters will probably appear.

That comic seems interesting, kinda like the Fleetway comics in a way with org. super sonic. I sorta dislike it when fans pull Fleetway or perhaps the werehog into completely separate beings from Sonic. They are a part of him, and its just weird to seem them interpreted as something different. You wouldn't just say Metal Sonic is Sonic, he's a copy of him, a imitation of a robotized Sonic crafted by Eggman.

One question I have about the comic is what kind of ring he wished upon. Was it a red star ring, a power ring, or the regular rings that are sometimes used as currency in their world--or something different?
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

From what I remember about the comic, I think it was something created by the writer, who's a third-party member. The ring was silver, and may have been a reference to the myths about werewolves' weakness against silver bullets.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Kraken VS Octo-Kun wrote:From what I remember about the comic, I think it was something created by the writer, who's a third-party member. The ring was silver, and may have been a reference to the myths about werewolves' weakness against silver bullets.

Ahh, that makes sense. I thought it may have been a red star ring due to its properties and how it can power up beings such as Nicole. Sonic's werehog form is so interesting to me, like its otherworldly sorta. Haha, if dark gaia still remained, I could imagine the awkward conversations he'd have with Knuckles and the rest of the crew about his canine-like tendencies.
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:07 pm

From what little I know about Sonic Unleashed, Amy didn't even recognize Sonic in his Werehog form. And for the most part, I agree with your opinion on turning forms into a separate being. I've seen it done in a few other fan stories about an anime called Ranma 1/2, but the situation is completely different than turning Fleetway or Sonic the Werehog into separate beings. In the anime, a boy named Ranma Saotome is afflicted with a curse that causes him to turn into a girl whenever he comes in contact with cold water, and only coming in contact with hot water can turn him back into a boy. The curse has caused some humor within the anime, such as one of Ranma's male classmates falling in love with his female alter ego, not realizing who she really is, even after he uses his real name during a fight as his girl persona.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist