Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby Coraychi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:52 am

Celozon wrote:
Coraychi wrote:I think I'm finished with my story and costume!
Gonna post a link since it's a little long, but let me know what you guys think if you have the time to read it! :>
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3579528&p=112660075#p112660075

I need to name my ToTer and then get me greeters all done, and after that I'll probably submit my form!

I think it looks good! I love the costume, and the story is fun to read ^^
(the coding in there looked like it needed a quick fix, at the end its has the end tags for the quote and center, and they just need to be switched so the center end tag is before the quote end tag)

Thank you so much!! :'D
Oops, I'll be sure to fix up the coding before submission, haha, thank you! <3

#BlackLivesMatter ✊

Hey, I'm Erin!
You can call me Cora, if you prefer.
I've been on CS since 2009 but my activity is very on-and-off. I mostly hang around to adopt monthly pets and participate in a couple forum games! If you wanna chat, feel free to message me, but know that I'm pretty slow to reply most of the time!
Coraychi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halloween3110 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:07 pm

Pet's name: The Pumpkin King (LOLO)

This is my Trick or Treater for this year, any comments?

I will get to the story shortly, but I wanted feedback on my costuming first.

And this is my Treater:

halloween3110

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby borneofash » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:57 pm

This is my trick-or-treater, and her story:
Halloween was Brea's favorite time of year. While the candy was a great upside, she was mostly excited about the costumes! This year, though, life had gotten in the way of her extensive costume-making-time. The day before Halloween, her friend had asked how her costume was coming along, and she realized that all this time had passed and she didn't have a costume! A few months ago, she had tried to teach herself to sew and half-succeeded, but she had a ton of extra fabric left over. There had to be something she could make with all this fabric, right?
She spent most of the night before Halloween, and all Halloween morning throwing together a costume. Fake eyelashes from last year? Sure. Faux fur carpet? She could use that. Those fake nails that she bought because they looked cool, but then she realized they were too big would come in handy this year, too. She spent all night sewing, and cutting fabric, trying, failing and trying again to make spikes, and filing down her fake nails.
It may have taken her a few hours to get ready, but when she was, Brea was a fairly convincing alien. The faux fur and her real fur blended amazingly, and with a quick look in the mirror, she startled herself! Excited for this Halloween, she left her house with eagerness and happily trotted up to a house with their lights on. "Trick or treat!" she howled gleefully, a giant smile on her other-wise terrifying face.

This is my candy giver, and her story:
Widgin was sick with a cold this Halloween, and she was in no mood to walk around in the cold weather. Instead, this year, she decided that she would stay home and give out treats for the trick-or-treaters. As the door-bell rang, she slowly got up with a stuffy-nosed sigh to answer the door. She had her stuffed bat in one arm, and the bowl of candy in her paw as she opened the door to see a trick-or-treater. "You have a great costume!" she said as best as she could with her clogged sinuses, handing out some candy, before saying a quick, "Have a good Halloween," and shutting the door to go back to her warm caramel drink and her soft kitty.
Treat!

And this is her story for a trick:

Widgin, a sick puppy on her favorite holiday, was bummed that she couldn't go trick-or-treating. Instead, she bundled up with a warm drink, her soft kitty and her stuffed bat to watch some TV. Too drowsy from her cold, she didn't even hear the doorbell ring! Something tells you it would be best to leave her be and go to the next house.
Trick!

Any feedback is appreciated, I wanna know what you guys think!
Alright, we can go all night
'Cause we got a whole lot of f i g h t i n u s
And I see a long road that we gotta follow
Before tomorrow catches up

Lights: ON
borneofash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby master of spaz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:58 am

Out of curiosity - must your story be new every year? I would imagine so, but I was curious because I wrote what I thought was a well thought out poem last year and want to use it again or make some changes.

Apologies in advance if this in the rules and I overlooked it. Thanks!
announcements:
light off

tRaPpEdBiRd wrote:you truly are:
Spazzy
as in:
spectacular
you got spunk
your full of spaz! (good type!)
master of spaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:07 am

master of spaz wrote:Out of curiosity - must your story be new every year? I would imagine so, but I was curious because I wrote what I thought was a well thought out poem last year and want to use it again or make some changes.

Apologies in advance if this in the rules and I overlooked it. Thanks!

Its fine to use the same story or dressup again if you want to (before this year it wasn't something we could check for anyway, as usually the previous year's thread is deleted by now). I would say more that we encourage people to use new stories and dressups, even ones that were well-received in previous years might not be so well-received this year if people recognize that its being reused. But its your own choice, and I can certainly understand wanting to reuse something you really liked!
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby master of spaz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 am

Alright! Much thanks!
announcements:
light off

tRaPpEdBiRd wrote:you truly are:
Spazzy
as in:
spectacular
you got spunk
your full of spaz! (good type!)
master of spaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:30 pm

The signature images post is now up. All of the lights on/off images are in there and available for use. Please remember not to turn your lights on until the game starts though!

• If you made any signature images at any point, I would appreciate if you can go through and ensure that all of your images are up and credited to you. If they are not, please PM me!
    • If you want to get any of your own images added please remember to post them on the main thread or PM them to me. Do not on the here or in the discord as they will be probably be missed and not added.

As a side note, people had a lot of trouble with these last year (mainly trying to use the stash link to post the image, and so it wouldn't work). Buuut I don't have a better place to put these up. I expect some of the same thing will happen this year so if you're a regular in here and see anyone having trouble with it, its fine to explain to them how to fix it. There are instructions on the sig images post as well.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mediocre » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:46 pm

I'm here looking for some feedback on my story/Trick-or-treater!
I'm not a writer by any means and I'm not very creative, so some input would be great.
Thank you!

Andrew frantically sifted through various boxes and bins in the attic; his procrastination had finally caught up to him.  The sun was just barely starting to set and his time to find a costume was running slim.  Andrew pulled out a smaller, almost shoebox sized, box and lifted the lid.
Inside was a brown leather aviator jacket with a matching hat, scarf and goggles.
“Perfect!” grinned Andrew

After quickly changing into his new costume Andrew admired his handy work in the mirror.
The jacket was a bit large for him and he couldn’t even wear the goggles with his glasses in the way, but he was satisfied nonetheless.  He excitedly grabbed his pillowcase and rushed out the door with slam.

The evening was crisp and cool, plenty of trick-or-treaters were already out collecting candy.  Andrew skipped down the lane as brightly colored leaves swirled around him.  He gingerly walked up the front steps of his next stop, gave a hardy knock on the large door and squealed “Trick-or-treat!”
Last edited by mediocre on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
┌─┐

└─┘
x
x
┌───────────────┐

IF I EVER WERE TO LOSE YOU
mediocre - adult
she/her - ace/aro
equine science major
PMs always open!

└───────────────┘
┌───────────────┐

└───────────────┘
┌───────────────┐
I'D SURELY LOSE MYSELF

└───────────────┘

x
mediocre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:09 pm

Image Image

It was the Basllisk household that everyone feared to step even one foot upon. The twin brothers were extreme tricksters and weren't afraid to pull their pranks on the trick-or-treaters. Not to mention, the two twin brothers would always have the creepiest costumes. This year, Alloy was a Necromancer, and Jet took it upon himself to become a Plague Doctor. They would both watch the children waltz right up to the door to get their treats. But if they saw a costume that they hadn't liked, or someone who had already came to their house, they took it upon themselves to make sure that imparticular person did not recieve a treat. Underneath their masks, they would both smirk as they snuck up behind the trick-or-treater knocking on their front door. They would wait until they knocked on the door and said the magical words:
"Trick or treat!" escape the vocals of the whomever it was. As soon as they did, the two brothers would instantly leap out from behind their hiding places and yell; "Trick!"

Gold was the only sister of the Basillisk twin brothers. On Halloween, she was by far the kindest and was always ready to hand the treats to whomever came to the door. She would also try her best to keep her two older brothers from scaring yet another trick-or-treater away. Most of the times, she was able to beat her two brothers to the door and greet whoever came for a treat with a kind smile. "Ooh! Your costumes are just so adorable!" She'd say in a cheerful tone, clapping her hands together almost as soon as she opened the door. "Here you go! Have a little treat! And have a wonderful Halloween!"

It would be nice if someone could leave feedback on the two stories and tell me if they're good. Suggestions would be nice as well so I could help improve my Tricksters and Greeter's stories. c:
Last edited by Joke's On You on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:58 am

mm I've been trying to make a good treat story. Still not sure that I will actually go trick or treating this year, might just hand out treats, but we'll see. This is what I have so far, any opinions or suggestions to improve it? Does it sound too weird? I'll also take suggestions on the dressup (You'll probably need to do a hard refresh to see the updated version).

The statue sat next to the door, almost hidden beneath ivy and crawling vines. Sadeas had guarded this home for many years, but today they would have an additional job. Sadeas watched closely as a trick or treater approached the house. Being unnoticed by passerbys had its merits, it was always easy to determine where someone should be given a treat, or a trick. As always, when a stranger approached the home Sadeas could feel the life being breathed back into themselves, once again they could walk and talk. How else could they guard a home if they could not move? However for the time being they remained still, awaiting the right moment to make themselves known.

"Hello friend", their whisper echoed in the dark. Something about being a statue night and day made the voice rusty. Sadeas waited a moment to continue, knowing their voice coming from the shadows beside the doorstep tended to alarm the unprepared. "That is a fine costume, please, take these." With a small smile (anything more tended to crack their face) Sadeas handed over several treats, then resumed their position in the shadows and ivy.
Last edited by Celozon on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me