Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Check the Pol

Postby dragongoddest » Thu May 03, 2018 6:56 am

Solanum wrote:[

It felt more like a community before. My characters made friends with other characters, I found them mates, I was gifted art, I gifted art, stories were made up, roleplays organised, etc. Now I rarely post because it seems like the same rinse and repeat. Post about new art, post add, reply, rinse, repeat. The feedback and discussion is gone. There's a lot of questions aiming to get people to talk about their characters, which I like, but the stringent and long posts can be off-putting.

I just feel like the "discussion" has gone. Ads are just something that has become apparent because of this. But that's just my opinion![/center][/size]

Although I admit, I haven't been around here properly for a while. Not since a couple of CAAAs ago, but it was pretty similar back then as well. I completely agree. I voted the same, but I definitely agree that the ads aren't themselves the issue. I think things are just different in the way that people use CAAA to interact with others. Despite the forced reply thing, which I have mixed feelings on anyway, it does seem very me-me-me. There is just generally less discussion than there was. The questions are nice, they're fun, but they're still kinda disconnected, with just everyone having their response and that's it?
Of course things are going to be a little different, because there are lots more people, and people post less regularly etc so it'll be different to the first few CAAAs for instance where there were less of us. But I'm not entirely sure on how it would work to try and go back to how it was? It's a lot easier to know peoples' main characters when there are less people and they post more regularly, but with everything so scattered it's just more difficult.[/quote]

i messed up the qoute some how opps

i honestly have to agree with this. when the caa was smaller it was easier funner nicer. now there just so much and we all kind of drifted apart? i know i come and go cause of either force reply thing. i get why it's there but honestly its hard on mobile which is what i use a lot and i feel forced to like stuff? if that makes scence. honestly i think the discord is were a lot of people go now i feel homie there but once again it's a small group there. the thing with add i fell are fine honestly cause we know that the people here are intrested in getting new oc or roleplays. like thats the point of this thread. i get that seeing the same add over and over gets old after time but this is the only place some of us know were to go for this type of thing. i dont know i just feel like this place has just disconted after all this years. there more people more things to keep track of. and like i said before i really don't like the forced replies thing.
ImageImageImageImageImage
dragongoddest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crucifying. » Thu May 03, 2018 7:17 am

replies!

@geotalon - wow! those kintaurs are so beautiful ;; especially the last one!
@Solanum - alex is such a lovely character! i love their colors, and design overall.
@moonlight_girl - ripper is super cool! i read his bio, and he's just,, amazing honestly

-

got some art of my darling crepsley <3

art by boomer1414

also got a new character!
art by scary

-

q&a!

what got you into characters?
i saw a lot of people who had characters and honestly wanted to obtain some of my own. i've always been a fan of art, so i wanted to join in! it's simple as that really!

who was your first character?
art by whim

leviathan was my first character, i'll honestly always have a love for him <3

do you have a fursona / mascot? why or why not?
i actually don't, solely because i didn't feel the need to! so instead, i'll just say my favorite character ^^
i believe my favorite character has to be nero!

art by gasw0lf on da
crucifying.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Thu May 03, 2018 2:45 pm

Guardians
Lots of people have them in different forms. Usually they are a character of fairly high power that protects or represents something. Sometimes they are considered gods, celestial beings, even demons.
If you have guardians what are they for you? What qualifies a character as a guardian in your head worlds?

Code: Select all
[b]If you have guardians what are they for you? What qualifies a character as a guardian in your head worlds?[/b]

Also it seems a lot like you guys want a change in ads so I’ll go ahead with a follow up question.
Code: Select all
[b]If the Ads rule is altered should the requirement to post on others be altered? If so how would you have it altered?[/b]

Creeps: I love the night tree scene on Crepsley

Talon: I really liked the winged one. No offense I’m sorta just frustrated with species right now but kintars have some great designs. Your winged one makes me think of a wind dragon.

Sola: your accepted! I really want to say please don’t sell your Paladin baby without saying something D: Gwen forever watches for her Paladin litter mate lol.
I do love the colors of your sona and I am curious as to the reasoning behind his companion and what that might symbolize.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Thu May 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Replies:

creeps;: Aaaaa that artwork of Crepsley is very nice. I love the character's design very much, as well. I also love your new mouse character!
geotalon: Kintaurs are quite a lovely species. Just saying. c: Your artwork is very beautiful, as well. I absolutely adore the one that you did of Konstantine. Their colors are also very nice.
Solanum :Oh, I love Alex's design and his adorable bat companion. Welcome (back), by the way. c:

I've not been on this thread in quite some time, and so I'm a bit behind on what's been going on. I will admit that the ads and such on this thread had bothered me before, though. Like, I don't mind them so long as the person posting an ad still has something else to say, or maybe some replies for people. I noticed that a lot of members would just post their own stuff and ignore the others in the thread, though... which was a bit frustrating. I get that the forced reply thing can get annoying when you don't have much time and whatnot, but it's even more frustrating when you post a new character or something, hoping for opinions on them, and instead your post is just followed up by a large string of ads without replies. It just leaves you feeling kind of left out and ignored. :\

If the Ads rule is altered should the requirement to post on others be altered? If so how would you have it altered?
I'm not sure if I know what this means. Do you mean that the "forced reply" thing be altered? I mean, I stated above what I think about that. Like it or not, the community has grown and without a rule like that in place, I imagion that this thread will become perhaps even more "self-centered" with even less discussion and more self-promoting. *shrug*

what got you into characters?
To be perfectly honest, I've always been into characters. My interest only rose exponentially after I purchased a dream character.

who was your first character?
My first official character was Vic. They used to be my fursona, but I've since gotten a new one. I still have Vic, though.

do you have a fursona / mascot? why or why not?
Yep! This is my newer fursona, Arcade.
I just felt that I needed a new character to represent me, as Vic's design didn't really feel very "me" anymore.

If you could bring one of your characters to life who would it be and why?
Hm, maybe Septr? I think that he'd be an interesting companion.

In your time of owning characters have you gone through theme phases? What phases have you gone through? Are you in one now?
I pretty much like the same things that I did before. Monsters, aliens, and emo puppers. I have pretty simple tastes.

If you had to sell/give away all your characters except one, who would that one be?
Ouch. I'd be emotionally ruined if I really had to do this. However, I could still choose. It would obviously be Novi. He's by far my favorite oc.

Do you have any particular artists you want to get art from? If so who is it and who would you want them to draw?
Psh. There are far too many to even begin to list.

---

I got a new character recently. I'm not sure what to name it yet, but I'm quite fond of it. Design by Rougein.

Also, this is a tad bit ironic considering the current conversation against advertisements, but this is really one of the only times in which I've posted an ad. So, please don't murder me. I'm selling this creature design (below) over on DeviantArt. Check it out if you want to. If you don't want to, then that's fine too. It's pretty much just open for offers. ;v;
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solanum » Fri May 04, 2018 1:42 am

Kat wrote:
Replies:
Solanum :Oh, I love Alex's design and his adorable bat companion. Welcome (back), by the way. c:

Haha thank you <3
Your new character is so interesting! I really love odd/monstery looking characters (my current obsession haha) <3
And good luck with the sale of the design~
(Also I love seeing Novi around, so much. I owned him for a while but we just didn't click, but ahh I love that he has such a good home~ <333 )

lunamoth19 wrote:Sola: your accepted! I really want to say please don’t sell your Paladin baby without saying something D: Gwen forever watches for her Paladin litter mate lol.
I do love the colors of your sona and I am curious as to the reasoning behind his companion and what that might symbolize.

Haha sure thing, I can try and remember (if I do sell him)
I've had all sorts of ideas for him though, so might be a while if I do c:

Haha yeah I know the companion thing is something I've never really had before, which can present some challenges when it comes to art because I'm always having to buy for the two etc, but I actually really like it. I've always kinda struggled with sonas, because I try and pack so much into them, and I think having the two but not two entirely separate entities might work better for me. Alex is like the face, he's what people see and how I show myself. Butter (bat) is more of the stuff that hides away and people don't see. I don't quite know how I see them, but I think in my mind it's kinda like in the "His Dark Materials" books where people had daemons outside of their body which represented them etc. So it's not quite that, but they're part of the same character rather than being two separate ones.
I don't know if any of that made any sense haha, haven't actually explained it properly for some time so I think even I'm a little confused.

If you have guardians what are they for you? What qualifies a character as a guardian in your head worlds?
Errrr.... Guardians... Not sure what I'd count as this because (although I want to) I haven't got a place that my OCs live. Maybe some of my more powerful could be counted here? Like Miles who is an angel, and Tod who is a demonic being. Merr's an immortal, and also a little bit of a demonic being? They therefore hold more power than many others, and can use that to influence others? Idk though haha Not really thought much on it.
♠ Character site
♠ Writing thread
♠ 2017 Character challenge

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Image
I will be here
when you think you’re all alone
Seeping through the cracks
I’m the poison in your bones
My love is your disease
I won't let it set you free
Til I break you

You’ll never know what hit you
Won’t see me closing in
I’m gonna make you suffer
This hell you put me in
I’m underneath your skin
The devil within
You’ll never know what hit you

I tried to be the lover to your nightmare
Look what you made of me
Now I’m a heavy burden that you can’t bear
Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
I’ll make you see
Solanum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbit » Fri May 04, 2018 3:58 pm

@Kat; ooo i love Arcade's colours! Green and grey and black are so good together tbh
@creeps; that's some really neat art there :0
@geotalon; aye long time no see; your art has improved so much since i've last seen ya around!

------

just some simple advertising here, sorry i don't really have much else to share :L

characters for sale;
https://jishokoi.deviantart.com/journal ... -742992166

$6 / 600 points headshot commission:
https://jishokoi.deviantart.com/journal ... -742881720

example!!
Image News BoxImage wrote:Avatar by Nishipu
Kalons
Art in signature by me (below) and Studiomaz (TH)!
Image Links Image wrote: Wife | Princess | Mont | Cinnamon Roll
Image Art Image wrote:

Click the above for my Kalons!
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gremlin » Sat May 05, 2018 7:17 am

warning for image heavy post
@tunafish Oh man that's adorable art!
@kat I love that so much the skull is adorable
@geotalon First off, I really love your art, I've been a fan for some time (didn't actually know you were on here) I'm definiatly joining your raffle.

WHOO Boy I have new characters
First up the baphomets
(needs a name) (by stormy and rescuer)
The king (claudsyi)
another unnamed one (ph.d)
and yet another unnamed one (kibozebra)
I'd love names for them
And then I just bought this kid whom I have named Apollyon (angel of the abyss)
By tacowi
He's a hellhound, but he's pretty runty. He's been taken in by my boy Sanguine.

I got a new ref of Abriel (by .:cleverfox:.) Image

and then I don't remember if I shared this already but this is Argo
created for my la story, but I love them now

I've got this character I'm looking to trade
Image (by araktugage) I want a monster character, or some art or a humanoid hmu.
Hail to the king baby, hail to the king
Discord: Gremlin#1080
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MightyNein » Sat May 05, 2018 7:24 am

Mermay adopts!

By Machati

@Lyonix - that is a nice oc, dayum
@Solanum - cool new sona! love the shades of browns!
@Lunamoth19 - Nero's expression in that art piece is great! so stoic <3
MightyNein

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tennisbutt » Sat May 05, 2018 10:42 am

hey guys!! I need to raise money pretty asap so I'm selling almost all my characters right here!!
just some of the characters in the stash for sale are:

feel free to PM me or note me - super open to offers/discussion <3

@GreenRose: I love those adopts ahhhh!! I can't buy right now but I'll definitely give them a watch they look awesome!!
@Castiel: Love your hellhound by Tacowi o: always a big fan of their art too hehe
@tuna fish: huge fan of your art style!! it's so soft looking ;v;

[avatar by bullserk @ dA]
[art by minksplash and sketchi]

my deviantart

my characters

tennisbutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Malleus » Sat May 05, 2018 10:46 am

Hey guys! So I'd really love to get some more art of my kids, and the more and more I think about it the more I don't need these pets. So I've got some list pets I'm throwing out for art! I also have plenty of various Rares/Vrs/Store Pets!

I am mostly looking for human art and that would be prioritized, but anthro art and feral art I have a few characters for too!

So uh, PM me if you'd be interested!

Image Image Image
[ Super picky about the White Malk dragon, refresh if it's still covered in sharks its there-- ]

@ tennisbutt I would literally throw myself at Sanada if I had money, but alas despite having money I have no paypal and also it's yen, not USD--
@GreenRose Woah those mermaid adopts are gorgeous!
@ Castiel SO many pretty characters! Loving all these goat-demons, personally! Also Abriel's new ref is ADORABLE! I always love seeing him around, he's a great character!
@ tuna fish I am a poor fool but I wish I could commission you, your style is lovely!
Malleus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me