Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

re: character adoption addicts anonymous v.26

Postby steamplonk » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:38 am

howdy folks! i haven't posted here in so long asdkfj
everyone's characters look lovely as usual! i can't wait for the award polls :D

firstly- just wanted to remind everyone that artfight is coming up soon!
don't forget to sign up ;0c

next, i have some new characters to show off!
click each thumbnail to see the full size image and the artist :)
i got rid of a bunch of unwanted characters too so that feels really good haha

ImageImageImage

and i made some art of them! click thumbnails to see the full images. all by me

ImageImageImage

i also got this adoptable that i love too much to just show a thumbnail of!

and i made this massive ref of him (sorry for image size ahh,)

i'm also selling a massive amount of hq characters for very cheap!
all here. i'm taking usd or da points for all of them,
and for a few i'd be willing to take c$ as well, and maaybe
art (i'm very picky though.) no characters, please :) i can always haggle!

and finally- replies!
Code: Select all
@typewriter;- i love that character you decided to revamp, their lil ear flop is too cute! i really loved looking through the farm, i'm a sucker for groups of characters <3
@mayadebanana- icarcus is such a gorgeous character, i can really tell how much he means to you. that's such a special thing to have with a character, and i can totally understand why you love him so much, haha
@claypigeon- adorable pixels! i'll definitely be ordering one as soon as i can :)
@emris- guts is such an interesting and unique character, i just love seeing all their art and how each artist interprets their design!
@dragongoddest- lovely art, i love the colors! dragon type pokemon are always great as well, haha
@kazoo- woah, that design is gorgeous! your lines are so smooth and i love the colors- are they based off an albatross or some kind of seabird? :0c
@koyvii- best of luck with selling and trading!
@hoffnungsstern- stan is such a cute character, and i love charla's page so much. the idea of including the sounds is fantastic!
@-thebigbluebear- cobalt is such a lovely character! space/sky characters are always wonderful, and i don't see many bear characters around, it's so refreshing :)
quittin'
blease don't msg me asking for stuff
tysm
steamplonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Check the Pol

Postby kaerou » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:15 am

what got you into characters ?
      I have this bad habit of collecting things that interest me, from physical objects to non-physical objects; like characters. I found the character-side of CS and was quickly intrigued. The designs on some characters were really interesting to me and I quickly got into the 'character world' but I wasn't familiar with the other parts of the character-world, like developing their personalities, history, etc. I would occasionally draw the characters but it wasn't often. However, now I'm much more involved in the fun parts of character development and active with my characters which make me really happy since I used to hoard them.
      who was your first character ?
      Phew, um. I think it might've been Arion, who was a black wolf with some white ovular-markings on his back. He had deep olive-green eyes. I don't have him anymore and I slightly regret trading him away.
      do you have a fursona / mascot ? why or why not
      I used to. I had Everest and Rez but I couldn't stick with their designs and they represented some parts of my past which weren't great for me. I briefly made another fursona- called "Chi" (I think), but I didn't like her design very much so I got rid of her. Honestly, it's really hard for me to 100% commit to one fursona since I never feel fully satisfied with their design and I enjoy a change every 2 years or so..
      If you had to sell/give away all your characters except one, who would that one be?
      I can't answer this question, it's too hard.. Maybe Caeli, Kalispel or Lee? I don't know. Too hard.
      If you could bring one of your characters to life who would it be and why?
      Maybe Mitsu. I haven't really developed him too much yet, but he's a magic user and he overall has a fun personality which would make my day less boring everyday. He's like a big ball of energy which I LOVE.
      Do you have any particular artists you want to get art from? If so who is it and who would you want them to draw?
      Apostleart on DA, dotpapercrowndot on DA or greaser on TH! All of them are amazing artists and I love their art styles. They each have a sense of realism yet it's not quite realistic and it looks beautiful...! And they just draw humans so well. I'm weakkk... I'd probably want them to draw any of my human/kemonomini characters tbh.

Some character-related news... I have this amazing guy. I got him yesterday and I just love him so much?? I've always had a weak spot for heterochromia characters and kemonomimi-type characters. His name is Lee Hyung Sik. He's a hardworker and head-class student at his university. He spends time playing video games and playing the drums. Please excuse the watermark! Also, I had to resize the original.

By xiaoblanc on DA

Replies!
      Code: Select all
      @Violenca - Mmm, I'd love to order a few of those color-ins, unfortunately I don't have any money with me. Although I'll definitely stop by once I do! Also, those chibis are so cute?? I love the artist's style and how the eyes and pretty much everything is super detailed and capturing!
      @lunamoth19 - Those pixel emojis are so cute and clever! I love the idea of turning your characters into emojis. Would you mind if I did that as well? I honestly love that idea so much- so creative!
      @-TheBigBlueBear- I love that revamp of your fursona! I remember seeing the wolf version of your sona around the thread! But I love how personalized this revamp is! And you don't see too many bear characters nowadays, so it's always cool to see one around.
      @Hoffnungsstern - I like those art pieces! That piece of Stan is adorable, I love how squishy he looks. I just want to hug him tbh.
      @Kazoo - Ahh, nice to see you! I haven't seen you in a while. I wish I could've joined that stream, the outcome looks great!
      @dragongoddest - Dope piece! The shading is really nice and soft- which looks great! Congrats on the piece.
      @Emris - This is slightly off-topic, but I really love your avatar, it's so cute and smol. Anyways, Guts is really cute! I love that second lineless piece. And Guts seems like a really unique character!
      @claypigeon - Man, I wish I had enough points for an avatar- your pixels are so cute ;o; Good luck selling!
      @typewriter; - I like the idea of starting a farm, that's really awesome! And those new characters are all nice and so pretty.
      @steamplonk - Can I just say, I love your style sm? It looks really unique and awesome! All of your characters look so good in your style ;o; And that reference sheet that you drew is amazing! How long did it take you to draw that? Because it looks so so good. TBH that would take me like 2 weeks to do, haha.

kaerou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EristaPup » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Major Character Sale!!!! All must go!!!!

Hello! I am selling most of my characters! Erista and most horses will be impossible/ extremely hard to get!
Please message me with any and all offers! I accept DA points and other characters but im willing to look at all offers!

@typewriter- love those horses
@claypigeon- those pixles are amazing!
@Ermis- love that surprise gift

Characters: https://toyhou.se/Writer/characters
EristaPup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 pm

Design me a character!

I've got a little contest up and running in hopes of getting some gorgeous new
characters! I would greatly appreciate it if y'all could go check it out. There are
prizes, of course <3

Trading/Selling Characters

On a similar note, I would like to rehome many of my character that I
don't give enough love to. They are just sitting there in my stash rotting,
and its rather sad. I'm looking at any and all offers, including
art, cs pets, c$, points, usd (contact me on DA), other characters, and so
on.

https://sta.sh/2251plfnyodk?edit=1

Don't be afraid to offer, I usually respond pretty darn quick!

Seeking Art

Looking for art of anyone in this folder! However, I'd mostly
like to get art of the kiddos linked below. I can pay in pets only
at the moment, old rares and such. Possibly characters linked
above, as well!

uno
dos
tres
cuatro
cinco

Showin' Off

I did this piece today and I'm really proud of it! I wanted to practice
scenery and found this really relaxing. The cat isn't any specific character,
but I like to think its my little kitten, Christmas. My precious catto <3

@EristaPup
Ooh, I'll take a look at your charas after I post!

@cheeschi
Gorgeous boy you have there. Congrats on
getting him!

@steamplonk
Oh, I've never participated in artfight! Maybe I'll
give it a shot this time around? Sound like loads
of fun.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mikuru Senpai » Tue May 01, 2018 6:39 am

God I'm so sorry for being so innactive at the moment. I can't even draw my commissions before of school aaah ;v;
    This apology especially goes to my mod - friends on this thread because they do so much work for this really cool thread but I'm just too busy at the moment and can't really help I'm so sorry. I really try to be more active!
    ━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━
    @Kazoo - Really cute bab!! <3
    @dragongoddest - Good luck selling your OC's! And that piece is really really cute!
    @Emris - Aaah congrats on those pieces! They look great!
    @claypigeon - Aaah these are so cute!! I'll note you on dA <3
    @typewriter; - Congrats on the new characters! I especially like the cat with the blue collar!
    @steamplonk - Congrats on the new characters!! They are adorable!
    @cheeschi - Woah your new characters looks stunning!! Congrats! I really love the red markings under the eyes!
    @EristaPup - Good luck selling your characters!
    @Silver Pandorica - Good luck with your contest and good luck sleling your characters! Also the piece you did is really nice!!
    ━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━
    If you had to sell/give away all your characters except one, who would that one be?
    I would keep my boy Zeke. y3

Same as above. 100% Zeke! First off I love his colors and design and I also love the personality I gave him. I bet he would be a lot of fun to be with!

Do you have any particular artists you want to get art from? If so who is it and who would you want them to draw?
    I have so many artists I want to get art from some day ;v;
    For examples some of my favs: sircum, altpnk, seasalt, chewtoys,...
    And I'd probably want them to draw one of my mains!
    ━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━
    I had a MASSIVE character clean out so I'm selling 90% of my characters!
    PLEASE give them a new home! <3
    Check out all those awesome charas!
    ━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━
    I also got a new chara!
    Say 'hello' to Gendo!
    art by likesac
    ━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━
    I also got some art!
    Some pieces of Zeke! <33
    by crazedblizzard

art by mambezi

"Give up trying to
_______━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━

________-____
___Deviantart__________Twitch
_______
___Anime | Paranormal | League

________-____
___

make me give up."
_______━━ ○ ♡ ○ ━━

Mikuru Senpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonlight_girl » Wed May 02, 2018 5:45 am

Oh wow, good question... CS tbh. I saw a bunch of people having them and they seemed to have so much fun with them. p, drawing them, shipping them with other persons oc's so I decided to make one of my own and that was the start of my endless hoarding!

Ripper was my very first character and my first fursona!
      Art by SillyTheWolf @dA

Yep! The guy above is my first and current fursona! I mainly have him so I can express my feelings through him. If I'm feeling down I usually draw some vent art of him and it often makes me feel better. I also have a secondary sona that represents me in other ways. Sh'es mostly drawn/rp with her mate!

That's not fair.. I twould be to hard to just pick one Q~Q But if I really have to I would keep my boy Manfred.

Again, it would be Manny! He's just one of those characters I could use in my life! Who wouldn't love to have a huge fluffbutt by their side all the time x3

Don't get me started.. I have a whole list of people that I'd love art from! It's probably to long to list though xp

New art
Gorgeous piece of my boy Ripper OwO
By the ever so wonderful SillyTheWolf @dA

Then a new piece of my vayron Owaissa ;3;
By Memuii @dA

I'd also love to share this piece that I made for my new species that will up and running soon!
By me

Seeking art
I'm also on the hunt for some art of my characters and mostly my two vayrons!
I can only offer my cs pets which most of them are up for grabs for art! But I can also offer simple art in return!
Please pm me if you're interested in doing some art! ;w;

Replies
@cheeschi- Holy crap! Lee is soooo gorgeous omg! I adore his colors and those eyes.. Just to perfect<33
@Silver Pandorica- That art is really lovely! I love how much details you put into the piece, it really shows!
@Mikuru Senpai- Wow, Zeke is truly a good looking characher! I adore the new art you have gotten, especially the headshot by crazedblizzard!
@claypigeon- Adorable pixels, might have to order one at some point! ;w;
@Emris- Oh Guts look like a really neat character! I love the art!
Designs that are made by me or
bought from me can NOT be sold or traded!
If you nolonger want the character
that was made by me, just send me a
pm and return it!
Art thefts are not tolerated!
Read over these before ordering a design
from me;
http://sta.sh/0luvu15wu4e

•My DAM's• •My Nukitta's• •Art shop!•
•My plumie's• •Ask me!•
    Having a hard time right now, I will work on art as fast as I can..
moonlight_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alokesti » Wed May 02, 2018 6:36 am

hello caaa community!
i am on the search for someone or some people to do three art pieces for me [you will be paid of course] i am trying out for a kitty cat that i really, really, REALLY want! i am basing the part pieces off of three story pieces: his past, his present and his future. i already have his past written out and will be beginning writing his present very soon.
the due date for this competition is 6/2 so the art must be done on or before this date.
i can pay with:
- cs pets
- and da points [i only have 174 at the moment but will hopefully be getting more soon]
please message me if interested!

@moonlight_girl: i am obsessed with that piece of Owaissa! so gorgeous <3
@mikuru senpai: i love that headshot piece of zeke!
@steamplonk: i love that massive reference sheet of your new character and might i also say they are a real cutie!
@typewriter;: glad to hear you reconnected with such a beautiful character! i am trying to also reconnect with a lot of mine <3
alokesti | girl | shark and whale lover | future marine biologist
character page | alo's pitties
| rushclan [rise]
alokesti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lyonix » Wed May 02, 2018 4:01 pm

{- Its been a while everyone <3 I just wanted to share this amazing character I recently obtained! They are a-gender though I am thinking female pronouns for them! Any nae suggestions would be very much welcome <3 -}

ImageImage
Both images and design By Giulialibard
________________________________________________________________________________________________
@Emris - Guts is a very unique character! amazing artwork as well
@claypigeon - Those are adorable little pixels <3 I might have to purchase a few!
@Mikuru Senpai - Zeke is a very cute character! I love his colors and how simple, yet unique his design is!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solanum » Thu May 03, 2018 2:13 am

Username: Solanum
Most recently obtained character: Errrr, I've made a new d&d boy recently but idk if he counts. Maybe Thief? I got him back recently?
Favorite character that you own: No clue X3 Maybe Icarus?? Since I'm not counting my sona/past sonas etc
How many characters do you own?: Like 40-ish?
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": Errr, maybe? I get too attached and can't get rid of them???
membership form

I have been on and off a member for a long ol' time. But since I haven't technically joined this one...
---

I had a couple when I was younger, but it wasn't a big thing really for me until I set up on CS. Seeing other people using characters changed the way I used them, and it became more of an active thing for me. And honestly, I wish I still had that mindset because I wish I still enjoyed everything as much. I've been so busy that it's all taken a back foot, and honestly I want to get back into it all.

Merr. [By Makirou (DA)]
He has changed a fair amount since he was first created... He was a wolf, like most peoples' characters back then (though he was a person when he was first-first created before CS). Now he's an anthromorphic long-tailed weasel.
His personality and such has changed substantially since the first version, but I won't go into that.

Yup, his name is Alex. He's fairly new.
He's a spotted hyena/maned wolf hybrid, and has a bat companion called Butter (which ties into Alex's nickname of Toast)
[By Sadbloom]

Errr, difficult question... Depends on what I want from a character hahhaa... Miles and Tod (being an angel and a demon respectively), have powers and such that would be really lovely haha. It wouldn't work, because of his size (he's like 20ft tall), but I'd love to have Solanum. He's a massive baby, and I would love a cuddle buddy.
[By Sadbloom]

In your time of owning characters have you gone through theme phases? What phases have you gone through? Are you in one now?
Oh probably. I don't know specifically, but I think I definitely did a couple of vague themes. Like I am so into monsters rn.

@Lyonix - Wow, I love that character! So pretty!
@moonlight_girl - Love all the art! And Ripper, I remember seeing him around <3
@Mikuru Senpai - Ahhh I love Zeke! What a cutie <3 (And good luck with your sales~)

This is from a couple pages ago, but I want to comment as well.
Regarding this comment here: (Made the text a little smaller because this is a long post, but it's on page 110)
KenmilltoSky wrote:
Regarding the Add Pole why did you vote the way you did? What are your views on the matter?
I voted "Make a separate thread for advertisements, keep the main thread for discussion". However, I don't think ads are the problem. There are just as much ads as there used to be, they're just not being drowned out by actual discussion.

Unpopular opionion here. I've been part of the CAAA since the very first thread. I've seen the whole arc of changes, discussed my characters thoroughly, organised roleplays and made a lot of friends through this thread. There was one time that I knew almost every user's main character by name and image alone. I don't think the issue is ads. It's an unpopular opinion, and not one people might agree with, but I'll put my two pennies in. I think the issue is the mandatory 'reply' system that's going on. As people have pointed out, the replies don't feel genuine, they're forced. Many members set the tone of replying to a whole array of people, which then other people mimic that, and you have members replying to 8 people at a time.

It's not a character discussion anymore. I don't post on here any more because it's not a discussion. There used to be topics of conversations that came up, and people would reply in sequence to each other, conversing about a theme or topic or character. That doesn't happen anymore. Instead, it feels like people are putting one big post up, and then not replying for several more pages. This isn't a "discussion" anymore and it doesn't feel that way. It feels like people are putting a big poster up and then leaving again. There's none of the conversation, the indepth discussion, the things that used to make people passionate about their own (and other people's) characters. I feel disconnected from members on here now, I barely know people's characters and there is no platform to openly talk and celebrate them. I doubt people would even remember Fortress anymore, who was my pretty well-known "main" back in the day.

[image]
Fortress by moonlight_girl

It felt more like a community before. My characters made friends with other characters, I found them mates, I was gifted art, I gifted art, stories were made up, roleplays organised, etc. Now I rarely post because it seems like the same rinse and repeat. Post about new art, post add, reply, rinse, repeat. The feedback and discussion is gone. There's a lot of questions aiming to get people to talk about their characters, which I like, but the stringent and long posts can be off-putting.

I just feel like the "discussion" has gone. Ads are just something that has become apparent because of this. But that's just my opinion!

Although I admit, I haven't been around here properly for a while. Not since a couple of CAAAs ago, but it was pretty similar back then as well. I completely agree. I voted the same, but I definitely agree that the ads aren't themselves the issue. I think things are just different in the way that people use CAAA to interact with others. Despite the forced reply thing, which I have mixed feelings on anyway, it does seem very me-me-me. There is just generally less discussion than there was. The questions are nice, they're fun, but they're still kinda disconnected, with just everyone having their response and that's it?
Of course things are going to be a little different, because there are lots more people, and people post less regularly etc so it'll be different to the first few CAAAs for instance where there were less of us. But I'm not entirely sure on how it would work to try and go back to how it was? It's a lot easier to know peoples' main characters when there are less people and they post more regularly, but with everything so scattered it's just more difficult.
♠ Character site
♠ Writing thread
♠ 2017 Character challenge

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Image
I will be here
when you think you’re all alone
Seeping through the cracks
I’m the poison in your bones
My love is your disease
I won't let it set you free
Til I break you

You’ll never know what hit you
Won’t see me closing in
I’m gonna make you suffer
This hell you put me in
I’m underneath your skin
The devil within
You’ll never know what hit you

I tried to be the lover to your nightmare
Look what you made of me
Now I’m a heavy burden that you can’t bear
Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
I’ll make you see
Solanum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geotalon » Thu May 03, 2018 6:38 am

Hey all! It's been a while time since I've come around, I used to be known as talonex, but my username may now just be geotalon. I have a few things to share, sorry if this post becomes a bit long, some of it is good stuff. :thumbup:

Before I get into personal characters and art,
if you are interested in my species Kintaurs and do not, nor ever, own one, we have a new non-owner system for you to earn your first. You can find information about it here.

Before I get into personal characters and art, I love my current staff, and the community I find is very nice. I see people all the time talking away on discord, sharing stories, and some even making their own community-driven events with their own characters. I'm proud of what some people have been able to make!

-------------------- ~ ♥ ~ --------------------

Now, some art I have done of my Kintaurs lately! I love my babies. I have a ton more, but I will share that all slowly, haha. I have a bit of a problem, I need to stop buying so many... I keep trying to save money and then a new one is up for trade or sale and then whoops, I'm bending backwards for them.

-------------------- ~ ♥ ~ --------------------

Lastly, if you like my work, I have a monthly art raffle I host on DA for icons. Click the image below to check it out and see how to enter vuv~ Thank you all so much!

geotalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me