Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Check the Pol

Postby wyrdwurm » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:36 am

Error wrote:
    Username: Error
    Most recently obtained character: a kalon kit by the name of Antique.
    Favorite character that you own: Aurous is my favorite kalon and Bumble and Chill are my favorite not-kalons
    How many characters do you own?: Kalons: 27. Other: ??? who knows, probably more than 100 OCs by now.
    Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": Yep.
    membership form

I joined this group awhile ago, in the last version. While I was accepted, I don't think I was ever added to the list of members? So, I thought it wouldn't hurt to post a form again. Since it has been quite a long while since I last posted here.

[/list]

Welcome back! and Love bumble, such a cute idea!!!

Wings just finished...must...quickly write so i can eat!

@Violenca: all these esks lately really raises my interest in them. But i would like to formally welcome you to the bluewolf chibi bandwagon. We are more than happy to pull in another lol. I've got 4 more coming from her soon <3 and I think im up to 6? now who are out of her comfort zone lol.

@Maya: Omg ovi. Its shocking how character oriented they are now. It started with just sonas/mascots and like 1-2 years later they have like 2-3 groups for characters and an odd love of sphinxes and nagas. Its like your not an ovi character owner unless you have one animal character with a human face.

@Peachy: I love stars and space themes, I would love to know what his parents looked like compared to him.

what got you into characters ?
Like Maya way back when I was an Ovi person. And way back when I did alot of roleplaying online and through such i vaguely learned about characters and a friend made me a luna moth dragon. For a bit I used them for a mascot but they simply didnt speak to me. So i learned about fursonas from random people I saw on deviantart and I designed the kitsuneko version of Tsuki, and she and old Ryu the moth dragon would be my real start into characters. A short bit later I was introduced to chickensmoothie through sebeon? And joined here because I play dnd and i thought hey a dnd group, i was wrong, so wrong, but it got me to understand the digital character community lol.

who was your first character ?
Ryu my luna moth dragon
Image Artwork by Sebeon. I adore dragons and im called luna moth so you can see where she came from lol.

do you have a fursona / mascot ? why or why not
Tsuki is my sona! I guess all three of these questions connected for me lol.
Image Image More art by Sebeon! Her original form was the Kitsuneko and recently she became a dragon. If you look close you may notice she has similar markings as Ryu lol. I really don't know if that was intentional on my part or not its been so long. So lets see, years ago everyone was getting sonas and I wanted one too so I did some deep thinking to decide what I am species wise other than human and I realized i've long had a connection with foxes. I use to doodle them on homework, I had an imaginary shadow fox friend, I loved the fox and the hound and foxes kept speaking to me so I went fox but tossed in a bit of cat because until the last couple years I've always had tons of cats in my life. So I made a rough doodle and a friend helped me make her pretty and not a scary looking doodle lol. And ive had her ever sense. Her hair symbolizes mine cuz thats my vain point physically lol. The bracelet is an old personal symbol. Her swirls symbolize fantasy and magic, and her fire symbolizes creativity.
Resently she got her dragon form because I love dragons, I just do, its my thing, i have a dragon tattoo, I just ya. When first making Tsuki I wasnt confident enough in myself to have her be a dragon, I wasn't good enough to be a dragon but at some point I went...ya know I am good enough and so va la Sadbloom converted her into a dragon for me lol. I have her because she makes me happy and allows me too express myself in a way. I can daydream about being her and flying and breathing fire, and summary it makes me happy.

And I drew some art of my own characters as Emojis
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:39 pm

My commissions are open and I'd love to take some if anyone wants
I accept points/Paypal but I might accept some character trades depending on the character right now : ) <3
- Those are Here

Taking Discounted (#8080ff USD/300 point) pixel headshot commissions
(Separate journal from the normal commission journal)
- here

Selling//Tentatively Trading some characters
- Here

Looking for HQ Characters!
- Offering CS Pets from this group Group includes an UR Tiger dog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My now fiancee, back when she was just a friend of mine got me into character creation and development through roleplaying online. (Even though she's the only person I've ever roleplayed with and probably ever will lol). I've come a long way. When I started doing digital art I started to see other people's fursonas and I wanted my own character to relate to so I made my first sona Emir who was me at like way long ago lol. She was the first character I designed on my own as an artist :,)

I currently have a fursona. He's the 4th since I was a young teenager.
Very much more fitting for me in this version than his last wolf version.
He's now an Asian Black Bear. Bears are kinda more of me than wolves. More solo less pack oriented. More hibernation in winter sorta deal. Sleeping and napping and eating lol. The color and design is because I've always loved the color blue and space is my jam. Constelations, astronomy, and astrology all come together on this bear man. He really just is me. Even my necklace irl is a pressed silver coin with a bear head on one side and the scorpio sign on the other so lol.

@Violenca - Good luck getting more designs and congrats on your Esk and your lineart! : ) They're cute <3
@Maya - Love your mascot! She's lovely and I can relate on some level with what you mean. I struggle settling on designs sometimes that feel fitting in general let alone when you try to make yourself into a character uvu
@Peachy Tea - Love your kia! She's gorgeous QuQ Starry kids are always my favorite design themes
@Pinebones - Love those designs and lines they're so cute aaa I hope they all get great offers <3

☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife
- Liquidating + Quitting -
C$ + Lists for Custom OCs

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hoffnungsstern » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:21 pm

I just did an art piece of Charla!

He also has a profile now! Check it out here: https://toyhou.se/372949.charla (click one of the music notes to hear some water or bee sounds!)

Also did a piece of Stan!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warrior cats! (you know, the book series) It's a long story and it was really coincidental like we had this magazine with books in it and my grandma told me to choose one and she would buy it for me and there was the first book of warrior cats and it seemed pretty boring to me but something made me choose this book I really don't know why. The cover was boring and I was more into dogs and dolphins anyway but yeah I choosed this book and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it so much that I went to the offical german site for it and it's a forum and all and they had a gallery for the users to submit their art and as soon as I saw it I just spent hours on that site just looking through pictures and thought wow I want to draw like that. And some days later I asked my mom to sign me up for that site and I started writing, drawing and roleplaying and with that there also came characters. Warrior Cats really started pretty much all my hobbies and I really don't know where I would be now if I hadn't choosen the boring looking book. I even found friends on this site and one became my best friend to this day (and funny enough this was also a coincidence as she just messaged me because the signature she ordered in my art shop was too big and if I could make it smaller)

who was your first character ?

I think it was either my fursona Hope or Wasserfall which was a fox character I played in my very first roleplays I still have some sketches of her lying around somewhere I might bring her back someday.

Yeah I have! It's Hope https://toyhou.se/249837.hope and basically I have her because everyone else had a fursona back then and everyone was known by their fursona and so I needed one too I guess. She originally was a character created out of that kitten creator game and we used fursonas gernerally to draw pictures with us an our friends in it in that warriorcats forum and i have had her ever since then.

Regarding the Add Pole why did you vote the way you did? What are your views on the matter?
I voted for "Require that posts containing advertisements contribute more to the group discussion"
I just think it would be the best as I don't think seperating would do any good in terms of conversation. And in my opinion the sharing of the designes you made is kinda part of this group I like to see the new designes from users on here the problem is really just if people advertise but add nothing else to their post. It's really not that hard to reply to some people or answer some questions or anything. I think with a seperate sales thread it would rather shift the focus from this thread to the advertisement thread which isn't really adding anything to the conversation but who knows maybe it would result in more posts just with discussion. I guess a sperate thread would be worth a try!

In your time of owning characters have you gone through theme phases? What phases have you gone through? Are you in one now?

I think I have my very first characters were all like boring characters out of character creator games but I guess they didn't look all that awfullbut as I said they were really boring. Then I went into that phase where I adopted everything that looked kinda interesting and was within my price range (and to clarify 20 points was a very high amount for me back then) and I guess now I'm more interested in very unique designes which aren't a closed species like monsters and that stuff I also buy more human designes as compared to the last few years in which I had none sicne i couldn't draw humans so I wasn't interested in them.

What could your fellow club members do to make you feel more welcome or more content with being a part of this group? What things would you like to see more of?

More questions would be nice I really like answering them also maybe more small fun events where we trade some art? They could be on weekends or something like that and wouldn't be long just a piece of art per user or something like that
Drawing promts would be nice too! Like a weekly promt or something
I love reading about stories of the characters of other users too! (I just often don't have time to read very long texts)

Do you think there are any circumstances that allow an individual to break an artist/designers TOS/rules? Why do you think that? What are some ways it can be avoided?

One of the things I can think of is if the artist/designer is unknown. I can't follow any rules if I don't know them to begin with. Could be avoided easily with a watermark wich states the name or website of the artist! It doesn't have to be big just a small but still readable name. And make sure people can find your rules on the same page as the picture and don't have to search through thousands of sites to even see that you in fact have rules for your designes/art.
Also the "don't resell" rule is stupid in my eyes. If you paid for a design you should be able to resell it especially when it comes with extra art (I think it's even legal to resell what you bought despite what the designer says but yeah I don't know if that's true I just read it somewhere)

Pick a character and show us what they look like. Do they like the spring season? What do they like/dislike? What are their favorite activities in this season? What is their favorite thing to eat/drink around this time of year?

I will let a random number generator choose for me as it is kinda hard to choose off of almost 800 characters
I got Rico https://toyhou.se/2070800.rico
He kinda likes spring as the flowers fall into the lake he lives in and he finds them pretty! He doesn't do anything special in this season except from swimming around and maybe collect some fallen flower petals. He doesn't drink anything and he eats algae but he does that the whole year except for winter (since he sleeps then)

Do you have an odd species of characters? Show them off and give us a bit of background on them.

Oooh I have a lot of weird characters. I have 10 pages of them https://toyhou.se/Hoffnungsstern/charac ... der:258942
For this question i will choose https://toyhou.se/742922.helia (ignore her profile it looks ugly)
She is basically a cloud which suffers from insomnia and keeps people awake (who then also can't sleep) to keep her company

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ -TheBigBlueBear-
Your fursona looks gorgeous! i love the colours also good luck with commissions!

@lunamoth19
Tsuki is so beautiful! Also that emojis are really cute!

@Violenca
Oooh that base looks stunning! I might order one later! Isla looks very interesting too!
Those chibis look so cute I especially like the one of Kilian!

@Error
Welcome back! Aurous has such nice colours!

@MayaDaBanana
Amaryllis doesn't look quite as messy as the characters I used to find cool haha
I love the colours of Maya! Such nice brown tones.

@Peachy Tea
can't see your new kia that cactus dog looks interesting though! Hope you get some nice offers!

@pinebones
Such neat designes! Good luck with offers!

@TheSongOfTheStars
Aah yeah that's exactly the reason I don't really own a lot of closed species adopts I never really know whats allowed and what's not and it's not really fun for me even though the characters look really cool. Naygavi looks so interesting!
Hoffnungsstern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deoxyribonucleic » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:33 am

hi ! just popping in here to advertise myself since i need like,, a dollar. https://qngelo.deviantart.com/journal/3 ... -742478570

@hoofnungsstern
i love that piece of stan? what a lovely babe!!

@thebigbluebear
ooh i like ur art style, ur icons are real cute!!

@lunamoth19
AAHH you have such nice characters i'm hecka jealous,,,

@violenca
ooh love those chibis,, wish i had one of my own but im broke and cant draw lol
moonwalkin'
noelle | she/her
───── ♤ ─────
you, too, deserve love
deoxyribonucleic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazoo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:49 am

designing a character i might sell / give away
    join me to help out and keep me company?
    https://join.me/695-832-878
    all done! result was this bab who I'm going to be keeping for now

@koyvii good luck, hope you get it!
    @hoffnungsstern that art is amazing ;v;
    @lunamoth19 your fursona is so pretty agh
Last edited by Kazoo on Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

☽═════════════════════════════════════☾

aislinn female its complicated supernatural

i am a canadian girl who is interested in film
and tv production. love the show supernatural.

☽═════════════════════════════════════☾

Kazoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragongoddest » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:55 am

im taking offer on my oc here
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3799666
bear with me and my replies

wanted to show off art one of my best friends did for me
by jdawggie365

@Peachy Tea i have to say thats an intresting desing
@
Violenca i love the art
@MotherMother i love the run cycle
ImageImageImageImageImage
dragongoddest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emris » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:09 pm

@Luna
I know a smidge about esks and how to get your free myo so if you wanted to kind of work together to get our own esks I'd be happy to!

@Hoffnung
Your art (and stan) are super cute!

@Dragon
That piece is so cute. I love your sona she's so unique!

Do you think there are any circumstances that allow an individual to break an artist/designers TOS/rules? Why do you think that? What are some ways it can be avoided?
Yes but only in a few VERY specific circumstances.
Particularly if they have a rule like "contact me before trading/selling" and have been unreachable for an extended period of time. I think you should definitely try and contact them, but what's it's obvious they're totally MIA I'd just tell them who I traded/sold to and call it a day.

I recently got two new pieces of Guts that I absolutely love
A surprise gift by Twinsharks on da

An awesome com by Isarine on TH

and a few more questions for you guys!

Code: Select all
[b]If you [i]had[/i] to sell/give away all your characters except one, who would that one be?[/b]

[b]If you could bring one of your characters to life who would it be and why?[/b]

[b]Do you have any particular artists you want to get art from? If so who is it and who would you want them to draw?[/b]

My Deviantart
My Toyhouse
I am always happy to talk about my
characters, art, CS related things, etc
so if you need/want anything just pm me!

icon by GOD-LIKES-ME

Pet's name: Beefcake
Emris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby claypigeon » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:07 pm

@dragongoddest that art is so gorgeous, your friend is mega talented!
@hoffnungsstern wow the background on the art of Charla is so impressive and the piece of stan is so cute, the position is really creative & very well executed
@-thebigbluebear- woah cobalt's design is gorgeous, how did you get the galaxy to be so accurate?? I also love that their a bear its super neat!

ImageImage
30 point pixels !!
hey, I'm doing pixels for 30 points each. Every one is 100 x 100 pixels (fits a CS avatar). I'll do any species (except human) so just pm me or note me here to order one. Thank you so much : )
more examples on my dA

hi!
clay★ she/her
i have many classes, work and no time. ((so please be patient w me !!)
electric guitar connoisseur. dead head and led head
pm me if you need to talk or just want a friend !!
If I owe you an unfinished commission I never did from years ago, which I did often bc I was a horrible little gremlin, please just let me know : )
johnny says stay cool
claypigeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger-bytes » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:09 am

@Kazoo- That design turned out gorgeous! I love the colors and how the markings flow with the body ;v;
@Emris- I'm the same way honestly. If I can't get a hold of a designer because they went MIA or something I still leave a note that way they honestly can't say I didn't try to contact them :')

If you had to sell/give away all your characters except one, who would that one be?
It would be a hard choice honestly, if I had to give up all of them except 3 I'd just keep my main 3 and I'd be happy, but if I had to only choose one It'd have to be either Maya or Icarus. They both mean different things to me and I really couldn't decide which one I'd be more inclined on keeping honestly.

If you could bring one of your characters to life who would it be and why?
Definitely Icarus. He was designed to be a coping character/comfort character for me. Meaning that he is a character designed to help me through my hard times. His design and personality are based off of the mythology of Icarus and the Sun, and while most people would see Icarus as a foolish individual, I like to imagine that he was very passionate. He never was afraid to pursue what he loved most. He is an optimistic dreamer who is able to cope with his insecurities and continue to hold a positive outlook on life despite all of the evil in the world.

Do you have any particular artists you want to get art from? If so who is it and who would you want them to draw?
I actually have sort of an artist bucket list where it's just dream artists I'd love to commission one day. The artist will influence who I want drawn but obviously it's typically either Maya and SKBV or Icarus ;v;
Not very active here, you can find me other places though!

By Choco-floof on dA

Where to find me:
Deviantart
Toyhou.se
Tiger-bytes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby typewriter; » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:06 am

This is gonna be really long and all over the place I'm sorry
--------------
So I'm starting a little farm
Okay so I gave in and bought this baby

His show name is Three Blind Mice and his barn name is Mouse. His owner Piper shows him in hand and does some basic flat classes
I got another amazing headshot by Huggles
----------------
I also bought two new barn cats for my farm
ImageImage
Ophelia and Gwen
------------
I designed a new equestrian gal for my farm but she doesn't have a ref yet, I'll definitely show her of when I get one because I'm really excited about her design

I haven't shown either of my other girls off but I also have
ImageImage
Lori and Rosalind
--------
So I've been selling/trading these characters, and I had this babe in there that I bought idek how long ago and never did anything with, and I've been eyeing her and thinking I don't want to sell her, so I ordered some art to try and develop her/connect and BOY DID I
By kitkat,,

I'm so in love with this piece and this character now and I'm so excited to develop her omggg
------------
I'm taking TENTATIVE offers on Behira. She was my sona for years and I absolutely adore her, I put a lot of time and money into her, but I don't love her enough or give her enough attention anymore and it makes me so sad seeing her just sit there
-----------
I'm looking for natural dog designs and natural humans, male and female, I can offer pets or characters
-------------
@MayaDaBanana - Icarus design is gorgeous and I totally understand what you mean by a comfort design
@claypigeon - those pixles are so cute! I wish I had points rip
@Emris - guts is so unique and I loveee that first piece
@dragongoddest - that piece is so cute I love all the pokemon dragons with your babe thats such a cute idea
@Kazoo - that baby is precious omg I love that lil badger face
@Hoffnugsstern - your art style is adorable and that piece of stan is just precious with their lil fish
@-TheBigBlueBear- - Cobalt is a dreamy what a heckin cutie!
@lunamoth - those emojis are precious thats such a great idea!
@Violenca - Isla is gorgeousss and that art is too cute and they all look so good!
typewriter;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me