Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Character Awa

Postby wyrdwurm » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:28 pm

I've been working on characters again and sweet Ancarie-Bluewolf has made amazing art for me <3 seriously check them out. All these guys are by her.
Image Image Image Image Image
And I got a couple new characters recently
By Andiliion my first Marble Cat
By Solfox of TH
Thank you so much again Maya <3 I love him!!!

Starboy: Those are great animations
Ardra: good luck selling, they look great!
Lotus: OMG that bat witch! *pets* so pretty, so dreamy, let me just bask in her. I really love magic characters as you will see in a moment.

How do your characters use magic? Those that use magic are they subject to categories? Can say a mage use fire magic and say weather magic?
So my characters are highly tied to magic as I adore fantasy and usually play some form of magic user in any table top game. There are two over arching magical categories; active and inactive or innate, idk what word to use yet. Active magic is mostly used by mages and witches and alchemists, this magic is used through conctious thought and action of the caster. Inactive/Innate magic is not used through contious thought but instead is the magic responsible for weird colors, and glowing, and the like. Now when it comes to active magic any active magic user is capable of using most any form of active magic but as there are so many types most usually specialize in one area or another. So a mage who is focused in water can use fire but it generally will be weaker and not their go to spell.

Also
Mod Question Time
So you all have seen our beautiful pole right. Its right at the top if you have not seen it yet. Now the reasoning behind it is a few people have expressed concern that perhaps the CAAA is no longer about talking about our characters and instead is now about selling and buying only. So we made this little pole but now we want to hear from you and ask why you voted the way you did.

Code: Select all
[b][color=#BF0080]Regarding the Add Pole why did you vote the way you did? What are your views on the matter?[/color][/b]
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenNyra » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:18 am

--- Long post ahead ---

Hello hello fellow club members

______________________________Art______________________________

Still working on my new style! Here is something i drew last week
Pretty happy with my new shading technique but i feel that the rest is a bit unbalanced...time to work on that :D

also let me show you this amazing piece by ayuukuro on Deviantart
ImageI looove her art so much? Check her out!

______________________________Comments & Questions______________________________

Regarding the Add Pole why did you vote the way you did? What are your views on the matter?
I voted "Require that posts containing advertisements contribute more to the group discussion" but i also feel like a separate thread would bring a final end to this discussion. I love this club and as a member for a few years now i saw how often this topic got up.
I know we got rules that say "comment on 3 people if you post ads" but sadly i see many, many post with ads that don't comment on a single other post and (at least in the thread itself) i never see a reminder for those people. Of course i don't know if they get contacted privately so please correct me here if i'm wrong!
The club got a bit quiet and i for myself stopped to post here more often because i felt like nobody really cared for what i showed anyway. Don't get me wrong a lot of wonderful people are a part of this club that always say something to previous posts but it's sad to see that some people only get one or two comments on their characters or art and it hurts even more if the comment just says "nice" or something without anything else. I love the club and i hope we find a solution that everyone is happy with ♥
Hopefully i was able to write down my opinion! Please excuse spelling mistakes.

Now to comments:
@lunamoth19: These tiny artworks looks so wonderful! I love how much detail went into them even tho they are so small. Also, a huge fan of your marble cat the colors works extremely well together! Oh that dragon-like character is super interesting. I love the scroll hanging from the antlers!
@Arda: Oh what a wonderful kia! I always loved the lines by pandora and the colors look very interesting together!
@LOTUS: okay that lil puppy with the rainbow ears is such a cutie i can't huge congrats on getting this design! Also the bat?? How can a character look so cute?? I want to draw them so badly! The rest of the characters is also very very nice! Love makos design (a dino tail?? hell yah)
@corw: Oh i love jace...i would love to offer art of your dragon but i doubt i can draw dragons at all xD. Hope you find a good home for him!
@Shasha: Oh wow the art looks beautiful! The anatomy looks really nice and i love your lines a lot!
@AxieLove: Wonderful art! The new characters are extremely cute i love fluffy designs ;v; Drawing fluffy fur is the most relaxing thing in life haha. Marble is also a huge dream character! What a wonderful design and these accessories? Wonderful!
@MotherMother: Your Fullbodys looks very very cute! Super clean lines and a good eye for detail i really like that!

______________________________Advertisement______________________________

Finally finished my website ♥ Chek our my commissions and portfolio over here
DeviantART
Feel free to contact me over here on my deviantart
Nyra | She/ Her | German & English | Artist
QueenNyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:24 am

Hey there, long time no see!!! I haven’t posted here in ages, gosh. I think my last post was on v.24 haha. I used to be CaesarHorse and Bailey-Boo, if I need to fill out the form again, just let me know!

But anyways! My character collection has definitely morphed since I was last here! I don’t have many new kiddos but I’ll introduce this lovely nerd cx

Artist unknown

This is Winnipeg, a genderless lil shroom bun. They’re a big hugger, an innocent little sunflower, and they’re the sweetest thing to walk the planet. They’re always very quiet but loving, cuddles are their favorite thing! Their eyes are almost always closed.

I’m looking to sell this boy on DA for $30 (willing to haggle)! I’m really in need of some $$ so I’d really appreciate if you guys could check it out ♥️

https://caesarhorse.deviantart.com/art/ ... -741601936

I’m also selling almost anyone in here for USD! No set prices for them but some will be a bit pricey. Don’t be afraid to offer though!

https://sta.sh/21dwh2nzp8j4

Thanks guys ♥️♥️

@QueenNyra - Gosh, your art style is incredible!! I love it so much -weeps-
@lunamoth19 - Those little icons are so precious! And that second new character is beautiful ;-;
@Tricksters - Good luck with that contest! I would enter but my art isn’t too great rip.

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violenca » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:05 am

I'm still taking offers on all my characters on toyhouse here:
https://toyhou.se/Violenca/characters/folder:unsorted

Also my Base I commissioned from wolfprincess on Da Arrived <3
I'm taking color ins for those !
Examples: Toni and Uranium <3
Image Image
Just follow the link here <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New Charatcers:
Uranium, made by Sparked Angel on da, lines by tealea

Gio, by princerini

this unnamed Sky Walrus ba dexikon (please help me find a name <3)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New Art:
Image Image
those 2 color ins by VaporStream-57 of my 2 Esk <3

this awesome Esk piece by Jotehbunny <3

And this awesome tiny Itward (left top) by Red-Draws <3
@Shower: Shroomrabbit owo such a cutie <3 And good luck on selling your char owo
@Nyra: I love your art and definitely have to order a piece when I got my money <3
@luna: those chibis are so cute i defo ordered some myself xD And congrats on your Marble Cat ! I also own one, Filou <3 Cause he looks like my cat at my parents house :)
@dear: those animations look so good? I would also love to learn that but i guess i'm too lazy xD
@Lotus:Congratiolations on getting the rainbow babe !(long ears are the best ears <3), and the bat is so georgeous <3
@crow: gl selling Jace ! He is realy handsome <3

art by kirwick
Violenca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:39 am

Hey y'all,
      I'm currently looking for someone to do a reference sheet for me. The character already has a reference sheet, I just want a newer updated one that is cleaner. The character is super simple (they're pretty much albino) so I'm looking for someone who will put effort into linework and the reference sheet itself, as they don't have to do a design.
      The design itself is feral and I'm mainly looking for a feral reference sheet, but if you can do anthros as well that would be a bonus.
      I can pay in cs, dA, usd, etc. I have random stuff from other sites like fv, fr, fp, lioden, eldemore, etc, if that's of any interest. If interested, message me with examples and pricing. For usd / dA inquiries please contact me privately and I'll give you my dA. I also wouldn't mind 'recommendation' messages, if you don't feel confident enough I don't mind people sending me links to other artists who are open. I'd probably throw in some pets or something if I commission them as a thanks for helping me find them.
      Thanks a bunch!

I'm also looking to sell / rehome any character visible here on my toyhouse. The only tentative one is Mercer who was my old fursona.

I also wanted to let y'all know about a great species called paushins! There are a few awesome adopts out and it'd be great if yall could check em out, mark the home page, join our discord or enter for some adopts!

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3787184

(click on the adopts to go to the page!)

just some examples of the adopts we have out right now, by chunkypeanutbutter and castiiian respectively, with the lines by chunkypeanutbutter ^^

And I guess since this isn't just an advertisement, I made some art a few weeks ago of one of my new characters, Kin Loch;
      I'd been working on my shading style and think I finally found something I'm comfortable with!

@Violenca - Good luck taking offers, but wow what a sweet base! Good luck getting color-ins, I'll see if there's any characters I have who would fit ^^ Cute characters too, maybe for the Sky Walrus have something related to the colors? They remind me of bird eggs, so maybe a bird name (like Robin?)
      @Shower_Flopping - What a cute kiddo! They look really interesting and seem adorable, I love their personality! Good luck selling as well! ^^ I didn't see anyone for me but hopefully people will find adopts they like!
      @QueenNyra - I adore your art style, it's really defined! The shading is goals tbh. And I love the design of the character you got an art piece of! I also kind of agree with your question answer ^^
Last edited by Venatici on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:42 am

Hello everyone! Working on my phone so forgive any mistakes
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
Replies:
@Violenca: ahhh good luck selling.(I see some you have for sale are made by me, please remember to follow my TOS!) Your new characters look good! The cat design is cute! What kinds of plans do you have for them?

@Shower_flopping: welcome back, it's good to see you! Your new character is really cute, I love any mushroom based characters. Do you have any fun plans for their future?

@QueenNyra: gosh, your art style is gorgeous!! The shading is so detailed and precise, I love it. Thanks for answering the question about the poll, I totally agree with a lot of what you said. I hope we can all give our input and hopefully come to a better agreement that can keep the club more inclusive and genuine in natural ♡

@lunamoth: thanks for posting the question!! I've always wanted a marble cat, and yours is lovely! What their name? The other design you got is also really beautiful, congrats on getting such lovely characters.

@Tricksters: good luck getting entries into your contest! I'm sure with such a nice prize there will be more than enough entries to help you find something you like.

@dear starboy: I hope you got all the list pets you needed!! Your animations are cute, keep up the great work! I'd love to see more so keep on sharing them with us.

@Adra: good luck with your sales!! That's a beautiful Kia and I really hope you can find them a good home.

@L0tus: good to see you around again!! That cumber apaniel is a dream, oh gosh, congrats on them and all your other characters. What are they like personality wise? Do you have any fun plans for them?
Sharing:
New characters!
^ June, by Kinqboo! A soft girl with her head in the stars
^My kinda fursona ish character, Liv! <3

Introductions:
Since my last post, I've been working very hard to build a story I've been developing. It's about a small gang of cats who live near a railroad track in a small city, and their adventures with a flock of pigeons that lives on the same area. It sounds like a kids book haha but it's been so fun to work on and a great stress reliever! All the cat designs are from the tuna flippers gang that lyresandharps made a while back. ♡
I have around 6 cat designs already, will post them all later on with some pigeons!
^by lyresandharps Skit and Skillet, leaders of the cat gang!
^maple by lyresandharps, who also did this art of her

^by lyresandharps, this is Fellan!
^by lyresandharps, this is Elliot!
^by lyresandharps, this is Perla!

now for the bids!
^Celia, by me! <3
^Emi by me!
Selling and buying characters! Please check it out if you have the time!
Questions/prompts:
Regarding the Add Pole why did you vote the way you did? What are your views on the matter?
Whoa okay get ready for my essay on this.
I am in favor of either option 1 or option 2 in the poll. I just want to say how much this group means to me and has helped me grow as a person before I say anything. You guys may think that advertising isn't a huge deal and all, but try to think a little bigger about it.
My first argument is that it's not that we need to get rid of advertising, it's that we need to balance or control it. Looking back through the past few pages, it's kind of sad to see good discussion getting drowned out by people advertising. That's when advertising is an issue, when it doesn't include some other kind of contribution to the discussion. This club was built on sharing and developing and discussing characters. Yes, sales is a part of this but it does not (or should not in this case) have any more pull on what gets posted then thevother topics.
And yes, we have the minimum reply rule in place. But looking at some of the advertising posts, what stands out to me is that people are doing them just to meet the minimum, not with genuine care. I've felt this numerous times. I'll post to share some characters or art, and some questions, only to get "nice char" or "cool art" as responses and then forgotten about. Do you know how crappy that feels? If you don't want to contribute to discussion, hey that's cool, but you should not in any way hinder those that do want to. I think we need to think about why we joined the group. Did you join just to advertise? Did you join for making new friends? Whatever that is, I think honesty isvthevbest policy but you need to still make sure you are supporting and encouraging others with different goals than you.
One thing I've been trying to do personally is follow the rule thay advertising needs to be less than 50%of my post. Advertising should not always be the main topic of your post, you should be able to contribute at least that much effort into another category. My personally stance is not that we need to get rid of all ads, but that we as people and members of this club need to do better. We have to make these changes and be more willing to change our ways so that we can support and grow this club more than what's been going on.
I think a big part of this is holding each other accountable. What really irks me is I see sales threads here than are against a creators tos, or don't credit, or don't even follow cs rules. If you want to advertise, please be sure you are doing so respectfully and with proper credit and reference. This club is about respecting artists and designers, and that should be followed especially when advertising sales. Do your homework, and care about what others feel more than what you do now.
-end rant for now-

Some follow up questions I feel might be helpful!

What could your fellow club members do to make you feel more welcome or more content with being a part of this group? What things would you like to see more of?

Do you think there are any circumstances that allow an individual to break an artist/designers TOS/rules? Why do you think that? What are some ways it can be avoided?

Reposting these questions since they kind of got ignored last time. Answering questions is a great way to share your ideas, guys, I highly encourage it. Especially if you feel a little distant from the group, questions can help you connect with people!!

[b]Pick a character and show us what they look like. Do they like the spring season? What do they like/dislike? What are their favorite activities in this season? What is their favorite thing to eat/drink around this time of year?[/b]

[b]Do you have an odd species of characters? Show them off and give us a bit of background on them. [/b]
Last edited by >> Leafstorm515 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:21 am

Adverts

Interested in making adopts on Oekaki? Come check out the Permanent Deersserts Artist Search! We're mostly looking for official species artists at the moment, but I will be putting up a nursery and growth search sometime during the last week of May.

Character Brags

I've got a few new characters!

I've got a new parrapup by ModernBeatnik @ dA! I haven't come up with a name for them yet, but I'm thinking on it. It'll probably be something themed around the desolation of winter and quietness.

I've also gotten this Galvani earlier this year! Her name is Ninlil and I love her dearly. :3

Replies

@•Crow• Best of luck! I'm not particularly interested in canid characters at the moment, but your dragon is nice!
@L0TUS oooohhhh my goodness gracious... i love hemlock (who wouldn't) and i'm definitely gonna be stalkin that artist in the hopes they'll have more bats up for sale
@Ardra a nice kia! best of luck on getting offers. i'm not interested in the species but i'm sure other people are.
@dear starboy good luck!
@Tricksters if i was interested in CS pets for art, i'd definitely try out! best of luck getting entries you are interested in.
@lunamoth19 what a nice tiger char!! i've answered the question below, hopefully that will shed some light as to why i voted the way i did!
@Queen Nyra i think your style of highlighting is pretty strong! shading is also good! i will definitely keep watching for more updates!
@Shower_Flopping best of luck selling! ur shroom bun is cute also...
@Violenca oooohh my goodness... sky walrus are such a good species and i've never seen them until now... guess i have a new thing to chase after LOL... maybe something like Confetti? i'm super reminded by confetti cake with that design
@kn!ght if you don't mind waiting, i might be able to do something come mid-May? that's when i'll be done with final exams and have actual free time... i'll PM you as well, just to ensure you see this. i'm only really interested in dA or USD at the moment.
@leafstorm515 oooogh i love lyresandharps / harpsr designs and the tuna flippers gang idea is too cute! it's too good! best of luck on your character sales!

Questions

I voted for option 2:
Require that posts containing advertisements contribute more to the group discussion

I chose this because I think having a single thread for everything makes it easier for people to get their stuff viewed. If a separate thread was made for advertisements, I do think it would primarily get ignored. As long as there is a set of clear-cut guidelines that detail what people have to do in each post, it would be easier to see who is just using CAAA to advertise and who is actually coming in here to talk about their characters and chat about characters in general.

I do also agree with QueenNyra and leafstorm515 on their opinions. The main problem is not advertisement being here at all, it's that it is getting out of control and more should be done to help with that, rather than just eliminating it altogether. I'm sure other people are willing to help moderate, if it is too much for the current moderators of this club.

Pick a character and show us what they look like. Do they like the spring season? What do they like/dislike? What are their favorite activities in this season? What is their favorite thing to eat/drink around this time of year?

I'll answer this with Ninlil above! She absolutely loves spring because her main living is through collecting flowers. The blossoms that come to life during spring are what she is most eager for, year after year. Her favorite thing to drink this time of year is aloe vera drinks, in all flavors.

Do you have an odd species of characters? Show them off and give us a bit of background on them.

I think the oddest species I own would have to be Novibats. They are slightly canid in their adolescence, but when they grow up, they usually lose a lot of their more canine traits. The most recent version of them is here on Oekaki, although I've been puzzling over how to actually work on the aging process so that it's a bit more streamlined as to what I was working on before. It'll definitely take some time, but I hope those with Novibats out there still know that I love the species and don't want to let it die.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Batman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:05 am

Hey guys, heres my take on all this before I talk about all my characters and art <3

------Questions------

I voted to "Require that posts containing advertisements contribute more to the group discussion" which btw is what our current rule is.

Now to let all you members know a little about how us as mods deal with those who don't post replies when posting ads, we DO give warnings. I personally have only given a few, but I personally know just how much our other mods have done in order to try and clean up those who don't wish to post replies. The problem is - people just don't listen!

We aren't like CS mods, we can't really remove posts or give official warnings - we can only tell people verbal warnings and then 'ban' members, but we don't really like to do that cause that is one less person who could be contributing to our community.

ALSO for you all to know, I do believe we did try to make a separate thread for advertisements way back when, but I am pretty sure it didn't go as planned.

What could your fellow club members do to make you feel more welcome or more content with being a part of this group? What things would you like to see more of?

I have always thought about this, a way to make this place more open and welcoming for new CAAA babies.
I personally feel like we should have some way of hey! welcome!
I know Luna put a TON of work into the CAAA Character Awards - what if, when you join, there is a little ribbon or pixel 'certificate' that says CAAA member (just a cute little thing)
And perhaps people could comment more on the new CAAA babies' characters and such. Perhaps a revamp of the form that includes more so that there is more for people to begin conversations about with these new members.

Do you think there are any circumstances that allow an individual to break an artist/designers TOS/rules? Why do you think that? What are some ways it can be avoided?

Never, omg just never. Unless there is some reason you MUST - if that is the case talking to the said holder of the TOS/artist/designer rules. NEVER break any rules. If you have questions about rules and such, go TALK to said holder of those rules and talk to them about why you want to do something that breaks their rules.

Pick a character and show us what they look like. Do they like the spring season? What do they like/dislike? What are their favorite activities in this season? What is their favorite thing to eat/drink around this time of year?
art by BlueRocketMouse
Aloue - Totterpole (otter/tadpole)
Despite being a being of the winter, Alone does love spring as well as her winter. All of this is because of her best friend
Nefarian.
art by Aquatii
Both of them are the same species but Nefarian prefers the spiring and summer.
During this time the two of them enjoy eating lemon cookies and drinking raspberry lemonade!
They also love running around and swimming together.

Do you have an odd species of characters? Show them off and give us a bit of background on them.
I do!
Image Image Image
Mele-Akuma - Demon? ---- Sten - Unknown ---- Mert - Block of dirt
(art credits in order)
Abwetteradopts - Treeliights - Me

------Updates------

Hanza got new art <3
ImageImage
By Pastel-Cake and Hawkscape
Click the images to see larger, un-watermarked versions

Monica also got some art
By Pastel-Cake
Click the image to see larger, un-watermarked version

And lastly, Maxodus got this gorgeous art
by Liquifythechimera
Click image to see his page

------Ads------

I am selling character for art, USD, and DA points - https://sta.sh/21al6poye4n?edit=1
PM me if interested - might even take characters.

ALL of my CS pets are open for art and characters - if you want like 100 pets I have and you have a particular character I want, I'll 100% give you all 100 pets. Honestly i just want all my CS pets and items gone. Paying BULK for art and characters I like! Please PM me <3

Looking to trade this makos for another mako!
PM if interested?
I am just not connecting with the design that much.

------Replies------

@QueenNyra - Your art is still so lovely <3
I still absolutely love the piece that you made of my Kalon baby <3

@>> Leafstorm515 - I absolutely love all the input and support you have given to the group <3
Please keep us talking as I know that often things don't change cause the discussion stops, but I know with you around, change for the better will happen <3

@bat-ty - Ahh that Parrapup is a gorgeous baby <3 Love the cool colors <3
Last edited by Batman on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..
xxxxxxx Links
xxxxxxImage
xxxxxxImage
xxxxxxImage
xxxxxxImage
xxxxxxImage
xxxButtons made by me
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..
ImageImageImage
Art by Wyer, Mr.Boodle, Magnaskies

Batman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anza » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 am

@Batman Hanza's art looks so great! I love simple designs myself and I feel like that art really expresses the personality! Also good luck selling and trading!
    @bat-ty Ninlil looks so stunning! I adore the color, design and the desert aesthetic of her! The red just brings her design out so much!
    @>> Leafstorm515 I think your gang story is quite original and not childish haha! (The "Tuna Flippers" is such a creative name omg) Your character Maple looks so so cute! Lyresandharps is a really talented designer who makes really creative characters! Also, thanks for asking some questions! They were interesting to answer and think about!
    @Violenca Congrats on the new characters! I love Uranium! They give off a very out-of-this-world look!
    @Shower_Flopping Welcome back! Winnipeg is so cute!
    @lunamoth19 OMG I remember marble cats! Congrats! The little tags are also super gorgeous!
    @L0TUS Congrats on all the new characters! Hemlock is now a dream character of mine oh my gosh...just such a perfect, beautiful creature ahh <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *waves* hey everyone!
    So...I've made a new addition to my character collection! I finally found the perfect character to become the brother of my main character Nadia! This is Duran created by chickengalaxi
    As you can see, my love for simple, naturally designed characters never dies!
    I also will soon introduce my now grown Kalon Solitaire, but she hasn't been approved yet

-----------------------------------------------------------------Answering Some Questions-----------------------------------------------------------------
    I voted for option #1 (making a separate thread for advertisements) but I also agree with option #2 as well (Require that posts containing advertisements contribute more to the group discussion). I feel like there are times when I'm specifically looking for new characters and when I am, I visit that forum on CS and browse around. Having all the advertisements from CAAA users in the same spot would make it easier for users like me to find character sales from reliable, trustworthy users. I also feel like CAAA should be about sharing your character finds, showing off art, discussing character development/world building, and well talking about characters! Nowadays, it seems like every post here has some sort of advertisement attached to it, and while I don't mind it all that much I do feel like it does hinder quality posts from being made. Anyway, this argument isn't something I feel super strongly about but I would personally like a separate form just so that the main CAAA page can focus on character development more.

I feel like decent replies go a long way! You should avoid super simple answers such as "cool" just to meet the minimum requirement of replies. I would like to see more character introductions and development ideas! I also think its cool when people answer questions and ask them!

My stance on this is kinda loose. I agree that you should always do your best to respect an artists TOS but...sometimes they are very, very demanding. Once I acquire a character I feel like it should be mine to do what I want with (obviously not claim it as my own tho). I simply don't understand designers who loose it when users "revamp" their designs and I think that in such situations its alright to break an artists TOS. If its your character and a slight revamp will help you reattach to the character, you should be allowed to do that. I just feel like artists shouldn't be super demanding with their TOS; if they didn't want to let go of the character maybe they should have kept it? Of course, you should always give the original artist credit and do your best to follow their wishes! C:
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
✮ ✮ ✮
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:48 am

Wow this may be the most talking I've seen in ages
Thank you all for the wonderful comments, and I didn't realize I hadn't mentioned the new fellas names lol.
The Marble Cat is Arcana because she shouts magic at me, just yells it, so i stole the word for magic knowledge from D&D.
The tiger dragon is Tigger. I know its not noble or nothing but before I got him I was pining over him and how amazing he is and how much I wanted him and hoping against hope to sell enough characters to get him and in that time I nicknmaed him Tigger and it stuck.

Ads:
I've still got three Characters for sale On my DA.

Also I'm vaguely looking for where everyone from this Adopt Batch went to. I'm not necessarily looking to buy or anything, mainly just curious. I own the Witch and Ki owns the Ghost.

@Leaf: I love that your taking a group of characters and trying to get them all back together and making a story to connect them with eachother again. I'm semi doing that with Ki, i just need to reply to our rp. We both have cats from a Halloween adopt batch.

@Bat-ty: I really love the colors of your parrapup. I'm not so much into closed species now a days but he would make me want to join parrapups lol. The colors flow so nicely.

@Batman: You make me feel guilty lol. I promise the awards are still being updated, its just a very mind numbing task at times. Once its closed later today guys so hint hint if you want to nominate, the updating should go faster and once its done being updated I'll finish the pole then post for you all to post on. It should be done to the point of atleast getting to vote before I go on vacation in May. I will see about doodling up a ribbon or trophy (more likely trophy) for being a CAAA member sometime. OR if anyone else here feels doodly <.< you can too. And I really love that Maxodus has a steam punked arm! Its a great detail.

Anza: Shes actually my first and i commited myself to getting her before I knew she was a marble cat lol. But the species owner is very flexible with what you may do with your marbles so it all worked out ^^. Shes my little kitsune kitty marble.
Is Duran a German Shepard?

First I feel I need to clarify something, I know Bat mentioned it. The old character sales thread, that was compleatly different. That was a horrible idea of mine, we set the thing on fire and burned it when it all just exploded. Just no, we aint ever doing that nonsense again. I did not realize the extent of users within the CAAA and the idea was stall based so you got one post to make a fancy shop on. Once you got 100 stalls it became a pointless attempt and died.
IF we were to make a separate thread for Ads it would still be connected to the CAAA and would not be stall based. You would get to repost every couple pages or so. We would have to hash out some details but the repost page limit would probably go down due to now having discussion sandwiched between. It would not be removing sales from the CAAA but instead placing them to the side so say today you want to shop just look over at this subthread and go ooo aahhh i like oooh cool art oooo look at that character I need. And if you are saving money and don't want to see all the pretties for sale you stick to the main thread and talk current characters.

Myself I voted option one, you could probably figure that out from my clarification. With option 2 I worry how we would gauge sufficient comment vs ad weight and I feel like if the CAAA dies because ads are put into their own thread then clearly not enough people care about talking about characters for their to be a point to having a CAAA. I know its very pessimistic but thats just my dark thoughts. And as for option 3 to many people express their being something missing from the CAAA now for me to think we shouldn't attempt some form of change. Its hard to comment something nice on an ad and when an entire page is ads what do i discuss?

OH P.S. Mods to message people who forget to comment or credit art. Most of you guys are real nice about it and go back and fix it after we remind you so thank you.

First
@Bat and Everyone Else. Bat mentioned something about changing up the form a little bit when joining. Ki-Neko is doing a small project that I think is near done. We realized with the CAAA awards we don't know people's TH or Weebly or Wix so it makes it more difficult to nominate people so Ki I believe will be compiling a character archive list for those comfortable with sharing their character hoards. I think shes gone for a few days but expect to be seeing something fairly soon about it.
I want to see talk about characters, maybe bring back the question a character owned by the person above you game, maybe do the random theme of the every few days thing. Like I love angels show me your angel characters so that we have an excuse to show off and talk about characters who may not have gotten art lately. If you guys want things like that, says so and really anyone can start it up or a mod can start it up or whatever, just express interest.
OH and this is a personal thing but there are simply some questions I dislike answering. A lot of pick five characters and put them in this scene just is eh to me so I ask people not to be insulted if I choice not to answer such questions.
OH And if the "Who are your favorite characters of mine" becomes a thing again. ANSWER OTHER PEOPLES before posting your own. I want you to go back at least two pages and answer every one of those favorite character questions before you post your own. I don't want to say who you have that I love if you don't bother to do that for others. I dislike posting said question and being ignored to see someone two posts below ask it and get 8 replies.

Yes. Firstly if there is like 5 pages of ToS with weird obscure nonsense one could easily mistakenly break ToS. If ToS change after the character is purchased then easy to break and shouldn't really count. And say a user vanished from the internet and part of ToS says you need to contact them for selling, if they are gone for a year I think you should be ok to sell. To avoid most breaking of ToS I would say read the ToS before purchase and write down in the character notes the important bits.

Image By beeoo who i guess deactivated their account...
Teacup is my pick as I don't think most my characters have opinions on seasons. Some of them don't even live in areas where there is a real winter. Teacup though lives in a temperate area and as a herbalist she prefers late spring once things are really going and blooming. She loves collecting new herbs and is dieing for morel mushroom season to start. She dislikes the wetness though. I guess her favorite thing to eat is sweat butter covered morel mushrooms.

Image Art by ancarie-bluewolf.
So Aphrodite will represent all my ex-terrorlings. Due to reasons I'm reworking what were once terrorlings into my own version but simply put as a species they are half undead? They lost their life force but retained their souls. A common animal shared its life force with its host (aphrodite in this case is the host while the shrew is the companion) and this extends the companions life span and gives it a protector while it returns the host to life and lets them grow plant life to cover up the wounds of death.
Image Art by ancarie-bluewolf.
Blu is a nightmare and I have my own take on the not horse version of the nightmare. "In Everune a Nightmare is a creature born of the dream scape. They generally act as guardians of dreams, able to grant sweet dreams or twist them into nightmares. The name Nightmare originates from members of this race who see themselves as superior to the dreamers and find a sick joy and making nightmares. As such the race is often feared though the majority simply watches others dreams and live vicariously through them instead of twisting them into horror shows. The greatest crime a Nightmare can commit though is not the creation of night terrors but instead the creation of dreams so sweet the dreamer never wakes."
Image Art by Sadbloom
Pip is a Chihuatopus. I'm not sure what his original designer thought he was but once i got him he was a Chihuatopus. A chihuahua + rat + octopus. We often wonder what in the world his parents were...

Ok I've spent an hour off and on writing this so its time to find food. Everyone your great!!!
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me