Sony AIBO Robot Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Had you heard about Aibos before reading a post of mine referring to them/this topic?

Yes
68%
No
33%

Total votes : 40

Re: Sony AIBO Fanclub

Postby Sen507 » Sun May 27, 2012 6:44 am

Eh, I wouldn't buy from NipponDeals. He usually sells things for around twice what they're actually worth and since he lives in Japan, shipping is expensive and it takes a while for whatever you order to arrive. I once bought a little plush toy Aibo from him but I don't really want to buy any actual software or Aibos from him since the prices are usually far too high. I think I'll wait a bit to buy Aibo Life 2 software, I'll probably buy a copy if I see it for sale for $100 or less. As for PMing people who may be interested in joining, I might, I'm a bit nervous about that though since it seems like I might be bothering them by advertising my club in a PM, but I guess they probably would want to join.

Edit: I sent out PMs to the three Aibo owners that I've met on CS.
Not active. Please do not contact me or ask for my pets.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Sun May 27, 2012 7:04 am

Holy crap I just realized...probably one of my fav Aibo videos has been deleted...kinda for some reason I cant view it...like I can't watch it in my country and yet I used to be able to. It was called A Night Out and was really clever. Was about these soccer 210's that escaped the room they were left in to go have a good time. ;U Bahh I miss it.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spectreselva » Sun May 27, 2012 7:11 am

Sweet! :D

Username: Zenny
Why do you want to join? Cause I love aibos. I got into them about 6 years ago. I was fortunate enough to get both of my guys as gifts from a very kind friend.
Do you have any Aibos? Yup, I have two ERS210s
Gypsy(left) Talyn( right)
What is your favorite model of Aibo? ERS210, cause they were my first models. :D
Do you have any other robots? No :(
Any suggestions for the club? Not at this time
Spectreselva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Sun May 27, 2012 7:12 am

@Mys
Really? I never knew that video had been taken down. I only watched it once or twice but it was really funny. Hmm, did you check the videos of the person who originally had it on YouTube? Maybe they reuploaded it after it was taken down? A while ago an Aibo video that I liked was taken down (when I tried to view it, it said that the video had been made private) but the person uploaded it again a little while later.

@Zenny
Welcome! You are quite lucky to have gotten those two as gifts, they are adorable. ^^
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Sun May 27, 2012 7:34 am

Yes, it's been blocked in my region ;U The user has not re-uploaded or anything. It says "
This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." So yeah.

Ah all these videos make me feel nostalgic because I remember watching them for the first time years ago. Can't believe it's been so long.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Uyun2-pms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA7HrZX2ViE
LOL my fav one that had an Aibo in it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKQSuCpW ... ure=relmfu

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

It's just an old story.

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:01 am

Hmm, strange. Unfortunately, I never learned about Aibos until after they had been discontinued. Or is that a good thing? They are a lot cheaper on eBay than they ever were in stores. Still, I would have really like to have visited a Sony Style store while they had Aibos for sale there or gone to some of the Aibo meets that people had when Aibos were still being produced. Those commercials do make me a bit sad since Sony gave up on Aibos so long ago, though the only place I've ever seen them is YouTube. Have you seen this cute Latte and Macaron commercial? I think it's adorable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I10fnXS7Heo
Hmm, maybe at least for the start of the club it might be nice to put the ERS-210 commercial on the first page just so some people who don't know much about Aibos can learn a little bit from a commercial.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Sun May 27, 2012 8:58 am

Yep it's been 8 years. Found the article that I read http://www.popsci.com/gear-gadgets/arti ... aibo-speak Then I Googled it and got obsessed that way XD Yeah I've watched the 311/12 commercial. Also Sony was forced to discontinue Aibo. Their whole robotics division went bankrupt due to QRIO, a humanoid robot they had in development before Aibo. They were in too much debt to continue.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

It's just an old story.

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:20 am

Interesting article. Yeah, since I was maybe around five years old I've been looking for the "perfect robot". It was actually quite funny, I used to buy every robot that I could find for sale anywhere. As a result of this, my house is full of over 100 cheap robots of all sorts. I remember around six years ago I was looking online for robots to buy and I found i-Cybies there, my dad remarked that they were around the second best robots commercially available at the time. I asked him what the best was. He told me that he'd heard of something called an Aibo and that they were the best robots available. At the time I was happy with my i-Cybie and didn't think much of it, but later I became curious and started searching online about Aibos. I saved up for around a year and a half and finally bought my first Aibo, an ERS-210 named Boe. I was amazed by Aibos and instead of buying tons more crummy robots, I began to collect Aibos. I still buy all sorts of robots, I just can't resist. Yes, it is quite a shame that Sony discontinued Aibos, imagine what they could have created if they hadn't! I've never really understood what the Qrio robots did or anything like that, all I know is that they were making them at the same time as Aibos but they were never commercially available.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Sun May 27, 2012 11:37 am

Lol I think they wanted to compete with ASIMO kinda. I really think it was a waste of money. Ah I made an icon |D I tried seriously but SumoPaint hates me.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

It's just an old story.

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:52 am

Sony should have known that they couldn't make anything that could compete with Asimo. On the topic of Asimo, I have a plush toy of an Asimo and a bunch of Asimo themed pens since my dad was talking to the people at Honda and told them that I liked robots XD. Nah, you did a good job, that icon is cute! I don't even know how to make one at all.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me