Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

outfit design contest !! | CLOSED by thenullchrysalis

Artist thenullchrysalis [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

None yet! You can be the first to create your own version of this drawing!

outfit design contest !! | CLOSED

Postby thenullchrysalis » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:00 pm

this contest is now closed! thank youuuu :3

Directory wrote:i. introduction (you are here)
ii. about the character & ideas/themes/guidelines for the outfit
iii. prizes
iv. entries (consolidated list of all entries for ease of access, both off and on oekaki)

The character above is in desperate need of a new outfit. This is their current design, which I made ~5 years ago, and haven't given them an upgrade since then. However, all I have are loose ideas and themes-- I can't seem to settle on anything, so I'm turning to y'all for a solution!

In short, you'll be designing them a new outfit based on my guidelines and very loose ideas. I'm gonna run through the basics of the contest first, and then I'll tell you a bit about them, their story, and what I'm looking for in an outfit design.

Any information here or in other sections I've written may be added to/expanded upon, which I will mention in my next bump as needed!

Basics wrote:i. The end date is tentatively set for March 4th, but may be subject to extension as needed!

ii. I have provided a base to use, but you do not have to use it, and entries do not have to be on oekaki.
iia. The lines provided are only permitted for use in this contest. You are not allowed to use them in any other context, nor alter them for use in any other context. Anyone disobeying this rule will be immediately disqualified and reported for art theft.

iii. There will only be one winner, but I may reach out to other participants if I'm interested in buying their outfit design for another character or future character!

iv. The winning entry will be uploaded to the characters' TH profile and likely used as a reference. I may also color in my side of things to finish the drawing so it can be used as a full reference.

v. All entries must be at least colored. Sketchy lines are fine, but I'm looking for a finished concept.

vi. The criteria for this contest focuses more on the concept of the outfit, and less on your artistic abilities. You don't have to fully render the drawing, I care much more about the outfit design/concept itself, and that I can understand the idea you're trying to communicate.

vii. More prizes may be added as/when possible c:

Last edited by thenullchrysalis on Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.
thenullchrysalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

about them & outfit guidelines

Postby thenullchrysalis » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:00 pm

The character in question is named Ashton Emberlynn, and they are one of my RWBY fan characters. You do not need to be familiar with the show to be able to participate, as I'm going to detail anything necessary to know!

I tend to ramble, so if you just want to skim, anything in bold is most important!

Important Details about Ashton wrote:> Ashton presents as androgynous and identifies as agender. They use they/them pronouns.

> You'll notice the base provided is slightly feminine, as they are AFAB. If you decide not to use the base, please try to keep their body type relatively the same. They have slight curves, but are mostly flat-chested, and are tall and somewhat lean.

> Their hair is in a low ponytail. Please do not change this!

> Their parent is one of the main antagonists of the show, and so their vibe is sort of borderline-villain and/or anti-hero. They can take the form of a Grimm.

Their Universe/Story wrote:
> As I mentioned before, Ashton belongs to the universe of RWBY. Ideally, their outfit will allow them to fit in nicely to said universe. However, the vibe is sort of hard to describe-- the show is modern with fantasy elements, and the characters train to fight monsters called Grimm, so their outfits tend to be practical but cool-looking.

I'm looking for that balance between modern and fantasy, basically-- not so modern that it's just streetwear, but not so fantasy that it lacks modernity.

> Below are some references of what the main characters' outfits look like, if it should prove helpful:
Turnarounds for the MCs
A gallery on the wiki of screenshots from the most recent season's intro
A screenshot of the main 4 together, waist-up reference
A majority of the villains together
Turnaround of their mother's model

REQUIRED aspects of the outfit wrote:Don't panic!! There's very little actually required.

1. No bright colors-- except for red or gold.
2. As aforementioned, the outfit should strive to 'fit in' amongst the RWBY characters/universe. Just try for that balance between fantasy and modernity and you'll be good!

Ideas and Themes to Work Off Of wrote:These ideas are not required, just here as a starting point-- you're more than welcome to deviate from them!

> Dark palettes, or black/white/red. Especially anything inspired by the main antagonist of the show, Salem, and/or the Grimm , since Ashton is Salem's child and able to transform into a special form of Grimm

> Inspired by any of the following aesthetics/styles, or any mixture:
Techwear
Goth
Punk
Rogue/assassin
Basically any "dark" aesthetic or theme

Other Random Things of Note wrote:Similarly, these aren't rules, just random tidbits that might be helpful.

> Layering, accessories, and piercings are all encouraged c:

> A good balance between detailed but not so detailed it's tedious to replicate it-- for example, I would say try to keep patterns to a minimum!

Last edited by thenullchrysalis on Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
thenullchrysalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the prize!

Postby thenullchrysalis » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:01 pm

Remember-- there will be one winner, but I may reach out to buy other outfit ideas!

The winner will receive all of the pets in this group, individually linked below. If I am able to I may add a c$ prize as well, but as of right now, the prize is pets only.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by thenullchrysalis on Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thenullchrysalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

entries

Postby thenullchrysalis » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:01 pm

Below will be a list of all entries, both off oekaki and on it, consolidated for ease of access c:

Last edited by thenullchrysalis on Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thenullchrysalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

outfit design contest !! | OPEN

Postby thenullchrysalis » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:46 pm

alrighty, everything should put together, so this contest is now open!! :3
thenullchrysalis