Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Sweetnose Mastiff Artist Competition by Venatici

Based on Click to view
Artist Venatici [gallery]
Time spent 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sweetnose Mastiff Artist Competition

Postby Venatici » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:42 pm

Howdy, and welcome to the Sweetnose Mastiff artist competition!
    This competition will be an ongoing search throughout the summer, so all entries are welcome during this time! Over the course of those months the Sweetnose Mastiff staff will look over entries and choose artists as they apply. Do note that artists are not required to know genotypes, and that there will be different types of artist positions! Note all artists are eligible to participate in any events.
    The types of positions are:
      Main Artist - Working on the main lines only, with option to do customs / semi customs
      Nursery Artist - Working on breedings only, with option to do customs / semi customs
      Customs Artist - Working on customs / semi customs only
      Full Artist - Works on main lines, breedings, customs / semi customs
      Ghost Artist - Similar to full artist, except is more inactive; preferred if wanting to contribute to the species but is not reliable for weekly designs. If wishing to be a ghost artist, state the maximum time you expect between adopts in the other section

Over time if an artist wishes to change position (main to full, full to main, full to ghost, etc) that is allowed and a-ok, the admins just require permission for the change in titles.

Artists are not required to know genetics- each sweetnose must have them, but if an artist does not know how to make genotypes/phenotypes the other staff members will provide the genotypes/phenotypes for their adopts! Artists will be trained in learning the genes if they so wish, otherwise staff will continue to provide the genetics for the designs if they are unsure about learning / have no desire to learn.

Rules
    Keep the 'not a real mastiff' sign on all entries
    Realistic designs only - either use picture references or genotypes (if you know them) for your design
    All mastiffs are fake, however you may transfer the design out of species or use it as an approved custom (see below)
    You may repost your fake mastiffs for examples or asking for critique
    All main rules still apply
    You may make any number of designs, but quality over quantity

Looking For
    Artists with knowledge how to do realistic designs
    The ability to post a dog a week, even if designs are made in advance (exception is ghost artist)
    Experience in working with communities (as an artist, mod, member, or otherwise)
    Knowledge of layers (lock alpha, multiply, add, etc)
    Artists who want to be a part of the community (join the community chats, games, etc)
    Artists comfortable with diversity- the community is majority LGBTQ+, different religions, and races

To enter, you can either make a design from scratch, or do a fake breeding of two approved sweetnoses!
      (A cover is not needed but you are free to make one if you would like)
    If making a design from scratch, look up coat designs to reference or visit a helpful coat color website; if you wish to do a breeding, please see this post! Please note that the sites listed above do not have all the genotype information that sweetnoses have: in order to see everything about sweetnose genetics, please visit the Information page of sweetnose mastiffs! There you can see the official sweetnose genetics, as not all the sites we show have the full genetics information on them ^^
    You may make as many entries as you wish, either under a cover or not, but on your first entry we ask you fill out and post the form below! A filled out example is provided here.

Code: Select all
    Username ;;
    Position ;; (what type of artist)
    How often are you online ;;
    Will you be on the community discord ;; (link is above)
    Do you have past experience ;; (I will look at any past experience: if you have experience, please link)
    Some of your favorite past designs ;; (if you've designed something before you're proud of, link it here)
    What would you contribute to the staff team ;;
    What are some of your strengths and weaknesses ;; (please be honest: if you struggle with some designs more than others, it is good to know for the future so you wouldn't get assigned a design you don't feel comfortable with)
    What is a situation where you would be biased ;; (please be honest: if you struggle with judging, we have judges who can help judge/judge for you)
    Any additional information / other ;;

Last edited by Venatici on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

couples + example form

Postby Venatici » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Breeding Info
      If you're wishing to submit a breeding entry, look through the available parent Sweetnose Mastiffs and choose a pair or two of ones you would like to attempt. Then, pm me with the pair and I will assign you a phenotype- meaning, the coat colors of the design. I will also let you know of anything to keep an eye out for with the particular phenotype, and redirect you to some images of the coat for reference.

*Pairs do not need to be male and female*
      Fawn Harlequin
      Blue with Minimal White
      Black with Minimal Mantle
      Liver Tipped Sable with Mask and Irish Spotting
      Blue and Tan Double Merle
      Black and Tan Blanket
      Silver with Isabella Wild Mackerel Tabby and Ticked Irish
      Red with Merled Marble Tabby and Ticked Piebald
      Fawn with Blue Brindle and Ticked Irish
      Cream with Liver Saddle and Mask and Dalmatian Ticking

Example Form
      Username ;; Dep
      Position ;; Full artist
      How often are you online ;; Every day, mostly in the afternoon for a few hours (EST)
      Will you be on the community discord ;; Yes
      Do you have past experience ;; I do, my most recent / active position being Second Chance Shelter
      Some of your favorite past designs ;; Merle, Piebald, and Feline Design
      What would you contribute to the staff team ;; I would contribute my honesty, my diligence, and my patience. I attempt to not be biased and not half-do my designs, which requires me being honest with myself and asking 'is this the best I can do ?'. My dilligence is helpful in getting any of my tasks done, meaning I have more time to help out other staff if they need it. Patience is good for when working with difficult users or when I find conflicts that arise.
      What are some of your strengths and weaknesses ;; I'm very good with most designs that are complex, and can decipher / figure out designs that have multiple layers. I'm able to figure out an interesting range of designs and genotypes to produce neat designs, and I like working with odd combinations. My weaknesses mostly lie in color, as I have poor view of the spectrum. One coat color I am not the best at is brindle, mostly when it is minimal brindle / reverse brindle.
      What is a situation where you would be biased ;; I would most likely be biased in a situation where I am very close with a user and the user has personally discussed the concept with me.
      Any additional information / other ;; Nothing else applicable. This is just a test form with the basic information I would've probably filled out.
Last edited by Venatici on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetnose Mastiff Artist Competition

Postby lmao, » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:03 am

mark!!
lmao,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:17 am

bumpin this up ^^
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:06 am

mark!
Medd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:10 pm

just bumpin this up :' >
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

πšƒπš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ πš πš‘πšŠπš πš’πš πš–πšŽπšŠπš—πšœ 𝚝𝚘 πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš›πš˜πš—πšπšŽπšœπš, πšπš˜πšŽπšœπš—β€™πš πš’πš?
πšƒπš˜ πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’πšŽπšœπš, 𝚊𝚜 πš πšŽπš•πš•.

π™Έβ€™πš– πš—πš˜πš πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’ πš πš‘πšŽπš— π™Έβ€™πš– πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚒𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── β™₯ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
taken β™₯ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gay β™₯ rose β™₯ bark bark
bean β™₯ kilogram β™₯ giant rat

──────── β™₯ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes