Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Haymitch X Diandra Pup 2 by Mortikat

Based on Click to view
Artist Mortikat [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Haymitch X Diandra Pup 2

Postby Mortikat » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm

Pup 2 of the Haymitch X Diandra litter. This litle pup's sibling is Eleadora

Eleadora says:

The story of my birth is not a happy one. Many speculate about what truly happened that night, but my father knew exactly what happened, because he was there.

My name is Eleadora, or Ele, as I prefer to be called. Our mother's name was Diandra, our father's is Haymitch.

My mother was about to suddenly give birth, far away from the pack. She could not return in time to birth us, so with the help of my father, she found a place they had deemed safe. I was the firstbourne, taken to suckle my mother's teat before any other sibling had entered the world. The biggest, the strongest, the one with the advantage in life.

Shortly thereafter, my mother birthed me a sibling. My sibling was weaker and tinier than I was, frail from the beginning. I was expecting more siblings to join us, however that would not be the case. For as soon as the third pup began to be born, a Demon came out of the shadows. It had smelt my mother giving birth and knew that it was an opportune time to attack.

My father has never given us the details, and all I know is that he fought as hard as he could to save my mother and our unborn siblings. In the end, he had to snatch us up and run away from the Demon, bleeding, his heart shattered to pieces.

In the end, my lone sibling and I were raised together along with our cousins; Suckled at Ru's teats as we grew with her and Cinna's children. We always knew we were not Cinna and Ru's, always knew that our mother had left and never returned, but for what reason, we did not learn until we were older. Our father took as best care of us as he possibly could. His usually grumpy demeanor seemed to melt away and he would always have this happy, but yet slightly sad, smile as he gazed upon myself and my sibling. His smile was especially sad when he looked upon me, for I looked almost exactly like our mother had.

Still, even without a mother to call our own, my sibling and I grew up to be integral members of the pack, and to this day, our father still mourns our birth.

She/He is now up for adoption!! :)

Form: (anything here is a requirement, but you may add whatever extras you please. NO images that you DO NOT own or you will be disqualified)
Form MUST include Eleadora in some way.

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Story:
2 Soturie Facts:

Contest ends on Monday, March 31st, 2014
Signature under construction.... Hard hat required
Mortikat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Haymitch X Diandra Pup 2

Postby HopelessOutsider » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Bump, Looks great <3
Live stream[off]
Casweck Kennels |DA
HopelessOutsider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wulvesfanqqnaf » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:51 am

Username:
Name:
Story:
2 Soturie Facts:

will be entering got some ideas :D
Idk what put here so take this random text. Not gonna be on as much due to inrl stuff
wulvesfanqqnaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:00 am

Username: ~Willow
Name: Ly
Personality:
Timid- Quiet- Laid Back- Unsure- Quick Learner- Patient- Gentle- Nervous
Has a Deep Interest in Herbal Healings and such Other Things- Loves Stories and History
Has a Deep Connection with the Land- Longs to Know his Mother- Swift
Listens well to what he is Told

Story:
“Hey! Atala, knock it off!”
My sister Ele yelled, her eyes giving a flare in them. I was sitting quietly, my father off dealing with some issues with Cinna, the alpha. Atala and Kodiak were fighting, again; Kodiak was the youngest brother of the family, and my cousin, along with Atala. I was their age, give or take a bit. They were two years old, and yet they still bickered and fought. I wanted to help Kodiak, but I prefered not to get into family affairs, and plus the fact I wasn’t even strong enough.
Atala was screaming at Kodiak, his face by his brothers, “SUBMIT! SUBMIT! I’M GOING TO BE ALPHA, SO SUBMIT!”
Kodiak was unamused, his paws out and holding his brother away from him, “The only reason you’re so dominant, is your losing so badly you can’t even see it. Now, get off me. I only listen to father.”
My sister had enough, and jumped in to stop Atala beating up Kodiak. Its something I would have never done; I’m a natural pacifist.
It was lucky I didn’t even do anything, because at that moment both my father and Cinna were walking back, and saw the scene go down; and father wasn’t too happy.
“Ele, get off Atala.” Haymitch grumbled, looking at my sister. Ele and I were close, especially since mother died when we were born; I tolerated her, and her flamboyant nature. She was a bit hot-headed in my opinion, but I never ever stood up against her.
“Father, it wasn’t Ele’s fault. She was saving me from Atala.” Kodiak said, brushing the dirt off his fur. He was quiet, and reserved; it was something I had learned when I first met him. I was a bit like him; and as they all went at it, I couldn’t help but remember Kodiak’s defeated, unhappy look from the first time I met him.

We were young, and didn’t know each other well. All I knew is that my mother and the rest of my siblings were dead; killed. We had cousins, but I didn’t know them that well. Uncle Cinna had three boys, and two girls. I didn’t really want to meet them; I’m shy, and not really social.
One of the younger, the youngest I had found out later, always getting reprimanded by Cinna; “Act like your rank, your my son, there are others who follow you…” and seemed really lonely. My father said that his name was Kodiak, and the one day Cinna brought Kodiak over to spend time with his cousins, as him and Atala got into an argument, and Kodiak refused to back down. He was competitive, and Atala’s stubborn nature clashed often.
“Father, please.” He had said, reserved, sitting there. Something seemed wrong with him; he was extremely quiet, and it seemed like he didn’t want to be here. It seemed like he didn’t want to be anywhere. Cinna merely whispered to him and walked off to take care of important business.
“Son.” Haymitch said, looking at me. I instantly looked up, after spacing out in thought.
“Yes, sir?” I replied. “Go and keep Kodiak company. I have to attend to some business.”

After my father said that, I sat next to Kodiak. We sat there, for a little bit. A while, actually; before he looked at me, studying everything about me.
Kodiak was testing me, he was trying to see something I couldn’t pick out.
“What’s your opinion on ranks?”
“What?” I replied, unsure what he meant. A bit surprised, too, to be honest.
“Your opinion on rank?” Kodiak said again, in even tones. We might’ve been pups, but he still had the endurance and audacity of someone older. I was taken by the fact he spoke. He never spoke, he just sat there still like a statue.
“Nothing of interest, for you. I’m of lower rank, and I don’t really have an opinion.”
Kodiak’s face gave an unhappy, disappointed look; the one I came to know rather well. It turned into a bit of defeat, before he merely flicked his tail.
“Quite brave of you, to speak to those higher than you with saying I have no interest in it. Ranking is quite important.” Kodiak said, looking away. I didn’t mean to put it that way. I was trying to be passive. “I’m sure that you and I will get along rather well. Provided you’re not out for heritage, or out for a free token up the totem pole.” He was rather blunt, his face solemn as he looked at me, however.
“I’m shy, I don’t talk much. And I promise I’m not out for anything. I just want to be me.”

This response, however, made him smile, and he gave a laugh.
“Good answer.”

As Haymitch and Cinna returned, Kodiak grew silent again, his slouching posture when he was with me immediately corrected to a straight, bold figure. Uncle Cinna took him back for him to sleep.

“Haymitch!” Cinna barked, looking at my father. I was brought back into reality.
“Take Ele back, I will take care of my son.” He said, and Ele gave a small groan.
“Come on, Ele.” I said, quietly. I waved good bye to everyone, and both my father and Ele had started to walk, as I followed them.
I loved my family, and I hoped nothing else would happen to us; because I loved both of them, even Ele.

2 Soturie Facts:
Humans, who were guarded by the Soturie, were killed off by a race of black cats living in the Dead Lands, a place of fire, starvation, and hardships.
The Soturie, who have been at war with the cats ever since the first attack, can have an type of horn imaginable, though the horns of a water buffalo are impossible and forbidden.
Last edited by SukarettoYanagi on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortikat » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:19 am

Bump
Mortikat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortikat » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:37 am

Bump
Mortikat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Doodle Buddy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Username: Doodle Buddy
Name: Ceradolci
Personality: Shy, skittish, empathetic, passionate and kind
Story:
Ceradolci wrote:For the longest time, I never really learned what happened to my mother. My father Haymitch could hardly look at me and my sister Eleadora refused to talk about it. I don't know why I couldn't remember, maybe my mind didn't want to so it blocked out the memory.

I can remember my mother though, her name was Diandra...

I can remember my first breath and smell of the blurry new world that I had been born into. But the thing I remembered most, was her. Her warm body and soft fur. And her scent, oh that scent. It was like a mix of a fresh breeze of sweet honey. I had never felt so safe in that moment. My older sister was beside me, she had already started suckling and seeing her made me realize how hungry I was. Her milk was so sweet and warm I greedily drank it unable to quench the thirst.

Suddenly my father started growling and the atmosphere in the air got so heavy I could hardly breath. I started whining to my mother, I wanted her to make it go away. I heard her yelp and call out to my father, his voice was farther off, but close enough to hear that something was wrong. Before I knew it I was ripped away from my mothers warm body and sweet scent. I could no longer find her milk that I so desperately wanted. All I felt now was empty space beneath my paws and cold air on my face. I closed my eyes and shook against the cold. I wanted to go back. I wanted to go back to her.

When we finally stopped I blinked my eyes open and looked beside me to see Eleadora. I didn't know what was going on, there was many more creatures like my father there and he gave us to one of them. A female who also had pups and was also our aunt. Eleadora and I grew up together without our mother. Yet I cannot say we are similar in any way. Eleadora is so brave and strong, I cannot leave the den without getting anxious. I wish I could be more like her.

I miss my mother and sometimes I get angry at my father for not telling us what happened, I have every right to know and he is selfish for keeping that from me. I guess we have never really gotten along.

2 Soturie Facts:
- males have the larger horns while females are much smaller
- the alphas and high ranks have 4 horns, only the alpha female's 1st female heir will have 4 horns. None of her other pups will
Last edited by Doodle Buddy on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doodle Buddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortikat » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:53 am

Bump~